Spieth's Attitude

KnightPS

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do I think Spieth has an attitude problem? Absolutely not, case #1 was him pretty much bawling his eyes out walking up 18 today. The game means a ton to him, and it pains him to lose. Precisely what we want to see when we turn on the tv to watch these guys play. I love him talking to the ball too, it provides more depth to the viewing experience that the announcers will never be able to replicate.

Ian Poulter dropping S and F bombs every time he has an errant tee shot though? That's attitude.

One day people will realize what Jordan is a spoiled privileged country club brat and a masters cough cough cough choker ! I don't dis like Jordan I dislike the announcers that just love everything Speith does . The only other athlete I have witnessed this type of favoritism toward is Tom Brady . Televised golf is in a terrible place trying to replace Tiger . The tour is experiencing the course of Tiger !!!!!!!

You're a moron. He grew up a member of Brookhaven here in Dallas. I live here. It costs less to be a member at Brookhaven than it does to go to topgolf once a week. It is literally one of the most affordable cc's in the United States. He doesn't have a silver spoon at all.

Jordan has been acting like a spoilt child almost every round he has played this year. The " mature beyond his years " label has been replaced with constant whining on almost every shot and " always getting the worst breaks " type of attitude. I feel his display at this year's Masters was unprofessional and not appreciated by many of his playing partners.

LOL spoilt, word of the day.

He's become a Diva. I like him even less now. Telling the camera guy to get away from him. LOL Shut up Jordan, you are still not good enough to hold Tiger's jock.

Nothing wrong with what he said. He politely asked them to get the camera out of his face. If you think that is rude you're overly thin skined.

George Carlin was so right... The pussification of America.

Camera was not anywhere near his face. He was 10 feet away. Yes, PUSSIFICATION: see also; Jordan Spieth.

Something tells me you're a couch potato with a keyboard....nothing more.

See ol Rockinar's topic about Augusta being a snoozefest. That's all you need to know.

Ping G400LST 10* Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour Spec 6.3x
Callaway Epic Fujikura Speeder Evolution II 765 Tour Spec X
Taylormade P790 UDI
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW X100 TI
Vokey SM6 50*/Nike Engage SS 55*/TM Hi-Toe 60*
Taylormade Spider Tour Black

No handshake, smile and half hearted 'congratulations'.... JS is a sucky baby looser.

you're kidding right? what's he suppose to do? take him out to dinner and kiss his Word not allowed?

JS plays off as a good guy to the media... I've heard comments like 'gentlemen, respectful, yadda yadda' if he's going to brand himself that way shouldn't he behave that way all the time in front of the camera? Put on a fake smile and shake the man's hand, man up.

The true character of a man is determined not by how he acts when things are going his way, but by how he acts in the face of adversity. Not shaking Willett's hand tells a lot about Spieth, as does his whining on the course. It seems to me that he is progressing in a direction that is quite contrary to the persona the media is trying to put forth. After all was said and done today, I wondered how Nicklaus would have acted after a round like Spieth had. Nicklaus would have smiled and congratulated Willett on the obvious great round he had, and he would have meant it.

The true character of a man is determined not by how he acts when things are going his way, but by how he acts in the face of adversity. Not shaking Willett's hand tells a lot about Spieth, as does his whining on the course. It seems to me that he is progressing in a direction that is quite contrary to the persona the media is trying to put forth. After all was said and done today, I wondered how Nicklaus would have acted after a round like Spieth had. Nicklaus would have smiled and congratulated Willett on the obvious great round he had, and he would have meant it.

Ya and Jack's half the man Arnie is.

GI to Blades to SGI= Golf is now fun

One day people will realize what Jordan is a spoiled privileged country club brat and a masters cough cough cough choker ! I don't dis like Jordan I dislike the announcers that just love everything Speith does . The only other athlete I have witnessed this type of favoritism toward is Tom Brady . Televised golf is in a terrible place trying to replace Tiger . The tour is experiencing the course of Tiger !!!!!!!

You're a moron. He grew up a member of Brookhaven here in Dallas. I live here. It costs less to be a member at Brookhaven than it does to go to topgolf once a week. It is literally one of the most affordable cc's in the United States. He doesn't have a silver spoon at all.

Jordan has been acting like a spoilt child almost every round he has played this year. The " mature beyond his years " label has been replaced with constant whining on almost every shot and " always getting the worst breaks " type of attitude. I feel his display at this year's Masters was unprofessional and not appreciated by many of his playing partners.

Ah yes. Spoilt. The hybrid of spoiled and spilled. "Don't cry over spoilt milk.....or bad diction"

How many green jackets do you folks have again? That's what I thought you had. Remember the fact you called Jordan Spieth a choker the next time you step up to #1 tee on your goat ranch public golf course with your playing partner that shoots a 95.

He's a 22 year old kid yes that's right a kid. There's no way in hell a rich,intense kid isn't going to come off punky for lack of a better word. It doesn't help that he's already an emotional guy to begin with. I think this is only going to make him better and he's going to have a serious chip on his shoulder for yhe next 20 years or so.

Not sure if anyone else caught the comments as he was walking off 18th.

Blocked his face, and said to the camera, "Not in the face, please". As if the media needs to only show him in the light he wishes.

Realize he just gave a second green jacket away, but like 12th, was another indication that the dude is still 22.

Blocked his face, and said to the camera, "Not in the face, please". As if the media needs to only show him in the light he wishes.

Realize he just gave a second green jacket away, but like 12th, was another indication that the dude is still 22.

Would you like to cry on national tv with a zoom shot?

I like that he brings a little flare to the tour. Sometimes he goes overboard but he's 22, any person on this site who claims they were Johnny gentleman at that age all the time is lying.

I can't stand the perfectly primmed and tucked look most of these guys portray(though I did love watching luke Donald in his prime). I hope the tour becomes less robotic. Could be a generational thing...but I'm as excited to watch the tour as I've been in 20 years and spieth is a big part of that. Could he be a villain on tour someday, maybe. Golf needs personalities, not 50 perfect replicas of perfection.

OMG!! OMG!!! He wanted some space away from the camera because he was about to lose it. And can you believe he even had the audacity to say "please!?!?" What an a-hole!!

Then again, I'm sure you would have handled it much better, especially with you're depth of experience handling similar pressure situations and not coming through.

Exactly...think about Michael Jordan crying and what that has turned into.

Exactly...think about Michael Jordan crying and what that has turned into.

In 4K

I think many of you need to look in the Mirror and figure out why you dislike Jordan as much as you do. Who cares if Jordan Spieth has a few flaws. He seems like a pretty decent guy and he's an incredible golfer.

He went out as defending champion and played great golf except for a terrible three hole stretch. He provided hours of entertainment that every one of you watched.

But I guess that to be expected here. He just getting a little taste of the Tiger, Bubba, Keegan treatment.

How many green jackets do you folks have again? That's what I thought you had. Remember the fact you called Jordan Spieth a choker the next time you step up to #1 tee on your goat ranch public golf course with your playing partner that shoots a 95.

I'm on Spieth side, been a fan of his for years. I was just have a chuckle at the word "spoilt"

Exactly....I am not mad at Speith for being a tool- (which he is), I resent that he i simultaneously a petulant jerk and hailed as the prototypical classic gentleman.

The film clips I watched showed Spieth shaking Willet's hand BEFORE he put the jacket on him. I viewed it twice so I am certain about what I saw..

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft