2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Confessions 12 --- Exploding Heads

Conrad1953

Hi Gang,

I'm back after a long weekend away in Toronto ("Traano") visiting family. We had a great time and the weather has been glorious.

Too much to catch up on but for now, I will say that both Mrs Wolf and I love Game of Thrones. Such a great show. I haven't seen any of the current season (no spoilers please) but will get hold of it once it's done.

My favourites of all time are The Wire and the Shield. The two greatest police shows ever.

Don't read the previous 10 posts before this (your) one!!!!!! I'm so sorry LOL

Sorry I cannot concur. Barney Miller and Police Squad.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

For you bird lovers...

'Winged Migration' is an awesome documentary about migrating birds.

'Birdy' is an old favorite movie with Matthew Modine as a "bird freak" and Nicholas Cage plays his best friend.

...all this bird talk brought me back to these two movies.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

For you bird lovers...

'Winged Migration' is an awesome documentary about migrating birds.

'Birdy' is an old favorite movie with Matthew Modine as a "bird freak" and Nicholas Cage plays his best friend.

...all this bird talk brought me back to these two movies.

"Out of Africa" is a great flick with Meryl Streep and Robert Redford and has a great extended scene of Reford's and Streep's characters flying over mass quantities of birds.

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

So did you guys hear about Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's "elbow gate" crisis????

It's one of the most hilarious political scandals ever, and is the literally the most canadian scandal you can imagine. Essentially our super duper handsome PM "elbowed" a rival party member who was obstructing someone from voting for a bill....and then promptly apologized, in true Canadian fashion.

Opposing parties harshly criticized him, and his approval rating soared. The meme's going across Facebook making fun of the female politician claiming she was assaulted were amazing

This is what we're dealing with here people!!!!!

Obviously, the Conservative Whip was in on it all along....He could easily have walked around to the other side of the aisle.

He could/should have accused Mulcair of kidnapping (Unlawfull Detention.....felony)

I'm even more surprised that not ONE of those pipples dared to mention that children were surely watching.

Poor thing, everyone's ganging up on him. If only to save face, Trudeau should have warned them all that he'll be waiting for them outside after school!

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

So did you guys hear about Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's "elbow gate" crisis????

It's one of the most hilarious political scandals ever, and is the literally the most canadian scandal you can imagine. Essentially our super duper handsome PM "elbowed" a rival party member who was obstructing someone from voting for a bill....and then promptly apologized, in true Canadian fashion.

Opposing parties harshly criticized him, and his approval rating soared. The meme's going across Facebook making fun of the female politician claiming she was assaulted were amazing

So.... Trudeau made a hockey move, no penalty called, right? :)

Obviously, the Conservative Whip was in on it all along....He could easily have walked around to the other side of the aisle.

He could/should have accused Mulcair of kidnapping (Unlawfull Detention.....felony)

I'm even more surprised that not ONE of those pipples dared to mention that children were surely watching.

Poor thing, everyone's ganging up on him. If only to save face, Trudeau should have warned them all that he'll be waiting for them outside after school!

Don't worry goodell will get to the bottom of all this. After all his shield knows no bounds and his might is worthy.

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

So.... Trudeau made a hockey move, no penalty called, right? :)

The penalty had to be against Mulcair, for holding.

Another two minutes to Ruth Ellen Brosseau, for embellishing, and an extra two minutes for delaying the game. :butcher:

Thug, Wolf, you guys ever watch the movie "The Big Year"?? I thought it was pretty darn good, it's about Birding too. Steve Martin, Jack Black, Owen Wilson, Brian Dennehy, and Rosamund Pike (Yeeeeeowzah one of my favorite Actresses :wub: )

Not seen it Hammy, but it sounds good. I'll check it out.

I haven't had many encounters with famous people over the years, but I spent 8 years living in London, during and after university. One day I was doing some shopping at my local Supermarket (Putney branch), I look up and Rosamund Pike is in the next checkout queue over. She even looked beautiful paying for some groceries. And yes, I stared. The checkout girl asked me if I wanted to pick up some extra kleenex for the dribble running down my chin.

:man_in_love:

You're one lucky dog there Wolf!!!! Yeah, she is definitely one of my favorites. Her, and Jennifer Connelly achieve full meltage of my buttah. LOL @ checkout girl! I might need a few more items than just klennex :D

She certainly got the juices flowing, that's for sure.

It was funny actually as I wasn't the only guy in there gawking at her. Pretty much every red blooded male was, in some cases to the obvious disapproval of their wives / girlfriends. Lol! It was like time stopped. All the males were stood open mouthed, in a moment of collective appreciation.

Further to my last:

I've been striking the ball pretty well, so it would seem counter-intuitive to tinker, but I've been drawn towards a couple of changes.

During a range session earlier in the week, I was struggling transitioning from a 4 hybrid (21*) and my 5 wood at 19*. I felt I was putting the same move on the ball, but the trajectory of the 5 wood wasn't acceptable. I realized that my takeaway involved a certain "rolling" motion and that if I tried to move the handle without any wrist involved, straight down the target line, that it tilts my swing plane much more vertical. At first I was wiping at the ball, but was encouraged by an huge increase in trajectory. A few minor tweaks and I was rerouting to shallow in transition and delivering a square face. I was very hesitant to try it through to the bottom of the bag, but depending on how long I hold the feeling it works.

Ironically the teacher that helps me on occasion had suggested just this feeling during several practice sessions, but it resulted in a feeling that I was swaying off the ball. I had fought to not sway and didn't want to do anything to bring it back. Now, if I use this feeling but immediately let my lead shoulder fold under my chin and let the lead knee break a little then I don't move off the ball. The most dramatic difference is in 3 wood and 5 wood. I lean towards more of a double cross at the moment, but the ball flight and distance is spot on. I still don't always shallow properly and hit a big block, but that's improving my really getting flattened out and through the ball hard.

Edited to add: The other thing I'm working on is standardizing a tempo with both the full swing and the putter. I just found this app for my smart phone called "Tour Tempo." It was hard to swallow paying $25 for this thing, but considering what we spend on this game, if it helps it will be well worth it. The first attempt at using it was with the putter, and it is amazing! My putting improved 40 or 50% on the living room rug in 3 minutes of practicing with this thing. I'm betting with all the little money matches I'm playing this thing will pay for itself stat. :)

Thug, Wolf, you guys ever watch the movie "The Big Year"?? I thought it was pretty darn good, it's about Birding too. Steve Martin, Jack Black, Owen Wilson, Brian Dennehy, and Rosamund Pike (Yeeeeeowzah one of my favorite Actresses :wub: )

Not seen it Hammy, but it sounds good. I'll check it out.

I haven't had many encounters with famous people over the years, but I spent 8 years living in London, during and after university. One day I was doing some shopping at my local Supermarket (Putney branch), I look up and Rosamund Pike is in the next checkout queue over. She even looked beautiful paying for some groceries. And yes, I stared. The checkout girl asked me if I wanted to pick up some extra kleenex for the dribble running down my chin.

:man_in_love:

You're one lucky dog there Wolf!!!! Yeah, she is definitely one of my favorites. Her, and Jennifer Connelly achieve full meltage of my buttah. LOL @ checkout girl! I might need a few more items than just klennex :D

She certainly got the juices flowing, that's for sure.

It was funny actually as I wasn't the only guy in there gawking at her. Pretty much every red blooded male was, in some cases to the obvious disapproval of their wives / girlfriends. Lol! It was like time stopped. All the males were stood open mouthed, in a moment of collective appreciation.

Further to my last:

Her and Halle Berry Kung Foooing it out on a flaming out crashing huge plane is pretty close to seeing her grocery shop. Well maybe not.

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

The pictures a little addition to our group thread. Going out to play today on the Isle of Palms at the resort course out there. Pretty tough course although the back nine has changed quite a bit due to flooding in erosion. The really pretty scenic par 518 is now been turned into a par three I believe due to all the beach erosion.

Forever Changing at this point.......

Geez, so this is what happens when you leave the thread in the hands

of rank amateurs. You guys are pathetic. :D

It's either boring TMI on your latest round or you're bringing back the Killer Bs.

(Birds, Bicycles and Broads you can't have).

And here I thought physics was bad. This is worse. :cheesy:

I have to state, that Rosamund Pike image is worth the price of admission.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

Dem are some LONG legs!!

Yeah they are. I bet they go all the way up and make a complete arse of themselves. :D

One can only hope.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

Dem are some LONG legs!!

Yeah they are. I bet they go all the way up and make a complete arse of themselves. :D

You give her a driver and I bet she can smoke the ball with such a

great platform to hit from. :D

I just wanna watch her tee it up.

Dem are some LONG legs!!

You give her a driver and I bet she can smoke the ball with such a

great platform to hit from. :D

I just wanna watch her tee it up.

So you wonder if she would putt like Wiesy?? That's a 2fer on each hole.

So it's Friday night of a long weekend. All the rich guys like the Judge and Ninja

are jetting to golf resorts while us working stiffs slog and prod and look at pics

of Amazon women........which reminds me.......where's the Q?? Triple Troll alert.

Every holiday weekend that I work I think why did I sign up for this. Lol But, here iam.

Scoster has become such a slacker. What is he down to? A post a week? Weak!

Maybe we should get him a set of GMax irons with senior graphite shafts in them.

Where's Fellaheen? Aha, his Paypal account is flush. I know what he's up to.

Whatever happened to the husband of Mrs. Crab??

Stu, hey man, don't run too hard bro!! Gotta save posting energy!

I guess it's "call out" night haha.

Benden, wake up! It's 6AM where you're at. You have a tee time!

So it's Friday night of a long weekend. All the rich guys like the Judge and Ninja

are jetting to golf resorts while us working stiffs slog and prod and look at pics

of Amazon women........which reminds me.......where's the Q?? Triple Troll alert.

Every holiday weekend that I work I think why did I sign up for this. Lol But, here iam.

Triple Time!! Yes, there is such a thing as a GOOD triple!

It's not quite triple but it's nice when Friday rolls around.

I've just been lurking around these parts and you always know how to draw me out of the shadows late at night. Lmao

We Canucks had a long week-end last week. Next ones will be June 24 (only Quebec, IIRC) and July 1

I believe Q crossed over to the other side. I've spotted him in a few threads I lurking. He went to sow his oats, he'll be back.

It's been in a deep sleep in here over the last couple of days.

I couldn't get involved with the Games of Thrones exchanges.

It's not quite triple but it's nice when Friday rolls around.

I've just been lurking around these parts and you always know how to draw me out of the shadows late at night. Lmao

Straight + time and 1/2?