2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

15 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

And little old dumb me has been saying it for a while. The parallels are endless.  

everybody ready for the main event tonight ?? !!!!  

no not that one.🤣 The track championships !! 8 pm. Have my snacks ready.  

Trials?  I haven’t missed a minute. Except for when I dozed in the recliner. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bscinstnct said:

Ya we have been on extended Vacas in Greece and Italy and Ireland , very easy to settle into that lifestyle 

And wife’s family is Italian and Irish so even easier  😊

But if you look closely in Rome, the people who aren’t on vacation are running around in the rat race blasting shots of espresso on the run 🏃🏻‍♂️ 

People need to understand it’s not unusual for 2 generations of families, sometimes 3 generations to live under the same roof in many European countries, 

In the US 1 in 3 young adults live at home with their parents 

In many European country, Italy for example, its 7 in 10. 

Going to Greece this Sept. Aegean islands on sailboat followed by Peloponnesus, Delphi and Athens. Send me some tips.  

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

IMG_2450.png

I'd wanna see how you got here. Tough position to recover from. 

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ 

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB LA GOLF L

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.04°T LA GOLF WV

Scotty Cameron Newport LA GOLF P

25 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

I’m still struggling with getting video up.

yeah, probably have to post it to youtube or vimeo then link.

on to the stills only.

1st photo -  little steep there, but not awful . you’re moving hard to lead side, which is good. the trail foot off the ground is early, which means upper body is doing maybe a little too much work.

2nd photo - you’ve dropped trail elbow to get the club flatter and in pretty good shape there. pelvis could be little more open by then to let the hands get a little closer and lower. plus, the upper body would trail a little. it’s the upper body rotation that’s causing the pull.

3rd photo - covering the ball is good for irons, not so much with driver. that trail foot lower would get you into a 3-5° side tilt to trail side. would be much better. it would help you to start posting up on lead knee earlier. collapsed lead knee is a big deal for pulls and hooks.

looks like a lot of rotational forces. your grip indictates you could use more verticals and the lead knee posting up would help you really bust it. if you like that kind of thing… 😉

getting the trail elbow a little more (not much) in front through impact also keeps the face from being closed.

that ought to keep you busy for a couple of years. it ain’t ugly at all.

trail foot, open pelvis and post up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i don’t need no stinkin’ shift key

10 minutes ago, Soloman1 said:

yeah, probably have to post it to youtube or vimeo then link.

on to the stills only.

1st photo -  little steep there, but not awful . you’re moving hard to lead side, which is good. the trail foot off the ground is early, which means upper body is doing maybe a little too much work.

2nd photo - you’ve dropped trail elbow to get the club flatter and in pretty good shape there. pelvis could be little more open by then to let the hands get a little closer and lower. plus, the upper body would trail a little. it’s the upper body rotation that’s causing the pull.

3rd photo - covering the ball is good for irons, not so much with driver. that trail foot lower would get you into a 3-5° side tilt to trail side. would be much better. it would help you to start posting up on lead knee earlier. collapsed lead knee is a big deal for pulls and hooks.

looks like a lot of rotational forces. your grip indictates you could use more verticals and the lead knee posting up would help you really bust it. if you like that kind of thing… 😉

getting the trail elbow a little more (not much) in front through impact also keeps the face from being closed.

that ought to keep you busy for a couple of years. it ain’t ugly at all.

trail foot, open pelvis and post up.

Ok. So open more ?  I’m actively trying to keep it from opening.  I can get it open  faster than most. I assumed that was causing the issue ?  Glad I asked.  

im working on this spare tire. That’s hindering me some too. I know. 

I posted the impact position on purpose , because I saw same. Almost no side tilt. I’m standing up right like a giraffe eating leaves.  Probably a result of my previous stoppage of the huge slide with lower half I had. I used to get so far ahead , pinned open , and so mush tilt that I’d be looking out the line sideways.  I couldn’t see the flight until I came out of the finish.  🤣. That was 34 year old me. It use to cause some horrific blocks.  I worked and worked on keeping it in front of me. Seems I’ve overdone that ?  Am I close.  Just trying to get it into my language. 

lead knee posting up.  As in the bug squashing  drill ?  Post up and then let it turn out left ?  Cause that’s what it will do 

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

1 hour ago, Duct Tape said:

Going to Greece this Sept. Aegean islands on sailboat followed by Peloponnesus, Delphi and Athens. Send me some tips.  

Hawwww you stylin!

September sounds great, less Europeans on vaca and little cooler weather.

I imagine you’ll pack in all the cultural stuff in Athens, it’s all great, definitely have a nice dinner under the Acropolis in the Plaka district. Delphi is cool, it’s a hike.

We loved the Poseidon temple bout an hour south of Athens. It sits high over the sea and you can get mentally transported thousands of years in time. 

They say it’s place where many forlorn lovers have cast themselves into the sea. 

And the islands you can’t not be in paradise. Santorini is a star and Crete was ok, tons of Germans, think they brought up the whole island . Some very decent red local red wine in Santorini. 

Never been to Peloponnesus, wuts there? Maybe just skip that and spend more time on the islands 🤣🍻

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Triple Lindy said:

I’ll venture a guess that it’s because you’re mentally adjusting to the cars in front of you and structure to the right. Get some kids on that basketball court and you’ll hit a perfect fade.

That 67 impala has a 175 mph hole in the windshield covered by gorilla tape. 🤣.  It’s just a parts car. Nobody cares. But still. I move over there when the sun is in my face.  Mostly hit from further left of the court.  

nice catch.  But I’m not even seeing those cars. Accept that one time.  But we won’t mention that one time. 😬

• Haha 3

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

17 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Ok. So open more ?  I’m actively trying to keep it from opening.  I can get it open  faster than most. I assumed that was causing the issue ?  Glad I asked.  

im working on this spare tire. That’s hindering me some too. I know. 

I posted the impact position on purpose , because I saw same. Almost no side tilt. I’m standing up right like a giraffe eating leaves.  Probably a result of my previous stoppage of the huge slide with lower half I had. I used to get so far ahead , pinned open , and so mush tilt that I’d be looking out the line sideways.  I couldn’t see the flight until I came out of the finish.  🤣. That was 34 year old me. It use to cause some horrific blocks.  I worked and worked on keeping it in front of me. Seems I’ve overdone that ?  Am I close.  Just trying to get it into my language. 

lead knee posting up.  As in the bug squashing  drill ?  Post up and then let it turn out left ?  Cause that’s what it will do 

little more separation of pelvis and ribcage with pelvis opening just a little more.

face on view - you have to be pushing down with lead leg to get opposite force up at an angle ( a vector) going from lead foot through center of mass. side tilt helps get this angle. don't overdo the tilt, you just need a little more. you're applying no force with the knee collapsed.

by the time clubhead is through impact, knee should be straighter and you're holding onto the club while your body is following the club. turning the lead foot out is an option that saves the knee.

you want to feel like the club is within the boundaries of your middle torso throughout the swing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Soloman1 said:

little more separation of pelvis and ribcage with pelvis opening just a little more.

face on view - you have to be pushing down with lead leg to get opposite force up at an angle ( a vector) going from lead foot through center of mass. side tilt helps get this angle. don't overdo the tilt, you just need a little more. you're applying no force with the knee collapsed.

by the time clubhead is through impact, knee should be straighter and you're holding onto the club while your body is following the club. turning the lead foot out is an option that saves the knee.

you want to feel like the club is within the boundaries of your middle torso throughout the swing.

I gotcha on the lead leg.  It’s in an atrocious spot.  I wonder why it’s this way ?   I feel like I guide driver alot.  I’ll try to get some video of me letting one go and see if it’s different.  The tendency when I swing it freely is to leave the face open.  I think this position I’m showing there is the “ get the face square at all costs “ move.  

I’ll see what I can do about getting some on YouTube tonight.   

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

15 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

I wonder why it’s this way ?   I feel like I guide driver alot

you’re just trying to steer it with your arms and hands. it’s not unusual. once you get the sequence down with the pelvis and lead leg, the harder you hit it, the straighter it’ll go. let’s just add the turbocharger. 😉

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Duct Tape said:

All I can say after reading the last few posts is, there’s no way I’m submitting any pics or videos. Nope. Not gonna happen. 

Just remembered…

That’s a shot of Poseidon temple

And below is the “Red Beach” in Santorini. Insane.

And if you don’t have any grilled octopus 🐙 while you’re there…

I’m never speaking with you again 🤣🍻

IMG_4744.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Duct Tape said:

Wear your life preserver.😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,23.5,28.5 Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Redwood Anser

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

1 hour ago, Duct Tape said:

All I can say after reading the last few posts is, there’s no way I’m submitting any pics or videos. Nope. Not gonna happen. 

Its funny you say that, I have been filmed twice during lessons and it was the most demoralizing thing I have ever seen and I was playing to a traveling 7 cap at the time.

Now I shudder to think how horrifying it would be.

• Like 4

Callaway Smoke TD Max 9* GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  5-11 Steelfiber i95 r

Chikara 54* Steelfiber 110 s

Chikara 58* Steelfiber 110 s

SLED # 1  35.5

5 hours ago, bladehunter said:

I agree , and my rudimentary understanding is like this.  I personally think that capital is cheapened because it’s too easily gained by some , and those who work hard building things , providing tangible things , aren’t compensated enough.  

take farming.  Those who invest in the trade of futures etc of these commodities make more money in them than the guy working the dirt.  To me that’s backwards.  We need the guy buying to invest. But we don’t need him affecting the price so much that there’s no room for the guy toiling to make a living.  A real living. Not a government sponsored bailout every other year.  

im the opposite of you. Every downturn rapes me. The C word took about 60k in cash and about 160k in retirement savings. At this moment im down about 180k. Between me and my wife. To us thats a ton.  As in most.  Not only that it took monthly income and halved it as of now. For the first two years it took 80 %.     2008 did the same but in a smaller footprint.  And with an eventual total rebound.  Waiting for the rebound now. 

I have no idea how I can change to be “ recession proof “. Farming is part of the attempt.  People are going to want to eat no matter what.  But investment wise.  We’re young enough to be aggressive. But it sucks watching it dip well below the principle.  And not come back.  That’s hours of life. Wasted. 

anyway.  Back to work. Have to make more to hand over. 🤣

I agree.  When the guy on the floor at the Chicago commodities market is making more than the farmer there is a disconnect in what is valued and who should be rewarded.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Soloman1 said:

don’t worry. if you don’t ask, you won’t hear a peep from me.

did you miss the part about him already hitting it higher with more carry and straighter from the last time he asked?

people pay $200/hr for that 💩🙂

Certainly wasn’t criticizing the advice, which seemed excellent. Just not ready for the public WRX humiliation of posting my swing   

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jim53 said:

Its funny you say that, I have been filmed twice during lessons and it was the most demoralizing thing I have ever seen and I was playing to a traveling 7 cap at the time.

Now I shudder to think how horrifying it would be.

Camera isn’t kind  to anyone.  I’m always reminded of how much I look like my dad.  And we don’t speak.  So there’s that.  It’s the curse of males in my family.  We’re carbon copies of each other. But I digress. 

your swing never looks like you think it looks. I can gripe about many things I see. But I don’t dwell on that. I just use video long enough to tune up.  Then not at all until needed.  So I’m mostly just thinking of ball control.  The aesthetics  of how  it gets there don’t matter. 

• Like 3

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

14 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Camera isn’t kind  to anyone.  I’m always reminded of how much I look like my dad.  And we don’t speak.  So there’s that.  It’s the curse of males in my family.  We’re carbon copies of each other. But I digress. 

your swing never looks like you think it looks. I can gripe about many things I see. But I don’t dwell on that. I just use video long enough to tune up.  Then not at all until needed.  So I’m mostly just thinking of ball control.  The aesthetics  of how  it gets there don’t matter. 

i'm not into aesthetics either. efficiency and repeatability.

i need to go take another shower, so i can wash off the, well, you know...

Edited by Soloman1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, bladehunter said:

That 67 impala has a 175 mph hole in the windshield covered by gorilla tape. 🤣.  It’s just a parts car. Nobody cares. But still. I move over there when the sun is in my face.  Mostly hit from further left of the court.  

nice catch.  But I’m not even seeing those cars. Accept that one time.  But we won’t mention that one time. 😬

LOL I can remember when the old man ended up with a BRAND NEW Impala SS in 67. A guy who owned a Chevy dealership owed him a bunch of money---- I will say no more on that. He drove it for 4 years blew the motor somehow and went back to Ford. Said he would rather have a Ford even if he did have to pay for it. He ended up with a brand new 71 Ford LTD and I can tell an interesting story on that one between the dealership and home

• Haha 2

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

6 hours ago, Duct Tape said:

Here either. My swing is home made and built on feel. A good friend of mine was one of the top instructors on the beach. He has since retired. He was a real student of the golf swing. You could find him on rainy days in his building at the range studying different golf swings pro and AMs old players and recent players. He did film me one time for his own education. He never would let me see it. He told me I had enough knowledge to see stuff and it would get into my head. I needed not to worry about what I did and didn't do that my swing was all about feel and instinct and my own. So you will never see my swing on video. Back then I had a long swing past parallel on the backswing some times on plane sometimes not. I had a natural loop to reroute the club. I never knew when I did or did not do it. He had played enough golf with me to know if I got to thinking about it I could not hit a ball.

LOL Now days since my accident and age I do not pull it back far enough to get off of plane and loop it. I rebuilt my swing and thoughts after my accident and after like 2 years it is starting to pay off. Now days I have a Tony Fineau/Jon Rahm half type swing.

• Like 4

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

5 hours ago, bladehunter said:

I agree 100% and I still could show up in Az at any time to pester @Soloman1 for help, my point was not anything about your swing (which to my untrained eye looks to be in good positions) but about the videoing process.

You are 100% correct about what your mind thinks you look like, I knew I was not smooth or text book in anyway, but holy heck I was not prepared to see that. And it was working quite well, at the 1st video session it was part of a lesson from Travis something or another (who was an up and coming teacher then, now a top 20). After the lesson I could not hit the ball for 4 months and almost quite the game, nothing he did except put thoughts in my head about my grip and top positions. Nothing major but enough to completely warp my brain.

• Like 3

Callaway Smoke TD Max 9* GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  5-11 Steelfiber i95 r

Chikara 54* Steelfiber 110 s

Chikara 58* Steelfiber 110 s

SLED # 1  35.5