Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

> @billh17 said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > I don't think that Tiger was playing without pain in spite of the stoic facade. I saw him popping a pill on the 16th tee, so he was definitely hurting.

>

> LOL The Tiger Haters will swear he was poppin" PED's !

If not then, he will tomorrow, but victory is sweet, either way, it's nice to see so many people happy for him. The haters will hate anyway, so what the heck

• Like 2

The big takeaway for me is what we're gonna see going forward. It was one thing for Tiger to be back

playing; then winning the Tour Championship, but now, winning the Masters changes everything. This

Tiger can contend in and win majors. There literally is nothing left for the naysayers to hang their hat on.

Well, he isn't #1 yet in the OWGR.............but he's on the way up and likey will build momentum.

Winning majors and getting back to #1 in THIS era where some say he is competing against far better

players than he did in his prime........he is now 43.........yet to unfold, of course.....gonna be fun to watch

the unfolding.

• Like 1

Silly tidbits: changes nothing but perhaps viewed as interesting regards Maters week in Augusta.

- Public schools use the week each year as spring break. Beyond the traffic, incredible numbers of parents volunteer or work at the course. Teachers, too.

- The airport becomes absolutely packed with private jets. Parked wing to wing in formation. Fairly small airfield indescribably packed to the gills. Members, pros, corporate jets.

- There are ZERO little tented areas or temporary structures setup by "sponsors". There are no sponsors. None allowed in fact. It's all self-funded plus TV money revenue. (You can do this when the members are that wealthy).

- We never see a camera view looking the other way down Magnolia Lane. Pretty simple reason. One view is dramatic/beautiful. Turn the other way and across the road is a simple strip mall.

- Augusta is/was the lifelong home to famed singer James "I Feel Good" Brown.

• Like 1

> @Reasonability said:

> Silly tidbits: changes nothing but perhaps viewed as interesting regards Maters week in Augusta.

>

> - Public schools use the week each year as spring break. Beyond the traffic, incredible numbers of parents volunteer or work at the course. Teachers, too.

>

> - The airport becomes absolutely packed with private jets. Parked wing to wing in formation. Fairly small airfield indescribably packed to the gills. Members, pros, corporate jets.

>

> - There are ZERO little tented areas or temporary structures setup by "sponsors". There are no sponsors. None allowed in fact. It's all self-funded plus TV money revenue. (You can do this when the members are that wealthy).

>

> - **We never see a camera view looking the other way down Magnolia Lane. Pretty simple reason. One view is dramatic/beautiful. Turn the other way and across the road is a simple strip mall.**

>

> - Augusta is/was the lifelong home to famed singer James "I Feel Good" Brown.

One has this image of AGNC as a majestically beautiful oasis. Rightfully so, it's a spectacularly beautiful golf course. Perhaps located in a pastoral semi-rural setting. Reinforced by the notion of it once being a plant nursery. Then you look at a satellite view of the location and realize it's located in something of a commercial area. Particularly to the north and west. Large industrial looking buildings. Shopping centers. Parking lots. What appears to be a large apartment complex. Vast areas of brown empty fields to the west. Perhaps used for patron parking during Masters week. Different from the imagery that one has formed over the years. Was going to post about this earlier but decided to refrain.

Additionally, well known that the course is closed for play from late May until October. How many months is then available for members to play in pristine and comfortable weather-wise conditions. Four? Maybe. Recognizing that maintenance and conditioning for the "next" Masters has always been of primary importance. Not aware there is another 18 associated with the club that members can play during the interim. Perhaps once or twice a year is all they require. The rest of the time spent hanging out in the Grille with the buds. IDK. Anyhow. Maybe you've seen this, maybe not. A drone flyer of a portion of the course during the summer. Doesn't look quite the same. Surprised the culprit that pulled this off didn't get tracked down and sent to the hoosegow.

• Like 2

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

> @Fellaheen51 said:

> > @Reasonability said:

> > Silly tidbits: changes nothing but perhaps viewed as interesting regards Maters week in Augusta.

> >

> > - Public schools use the week each year as spring break. Beyond the traffic, incredible numbers of parents volunteer or work at the course. Teachers, too.

> >

> > - The airport becomes absolutely packed with private jets. Parked wing to wing in formation. Fairly small airfield indescribably packed to the gills. Members, pros, corporate jets.

> >

> > - There are ZERO little tented areas or temporary structures setup by "sponsors". There are no sponsors. None allowed in fact. It's all self-funded plus TV money revenue. (You can do this when the members are that wealthy).

> >

> > - **We never see a camera view looking the other way down Magnolia Lane. Pretty simple reason. One view is dramatic/beautiful. Turn the other way and across the road is a simple strip mall.**

> >

> > - Augusta is/was the lifelong home to famed singer James "I Feel Good" Brown.

>

> One has this image of AGNC as a majestically beautiful oasis. Rightfully so, it's a spectacularly beautiful golf course. Perhaps located in a pastoral semi-rural setting. Reinforced by the notion of it once being a plant nursery. Then you look at a satellite view of the location and realize it's located in something of a commercial area. Particularly to the north and west. Large industrial looking buildings. Shopping centers. Parking lots. What appears to be a large apartment complex. Vast areas of brown empty fields to the west. Perhaps used for patron parking during Masters week. Different from the imagery that one has formed over the years. Was going to post about this earlier but decided to refrain.

>

> Additionally, well known that the course is closed for play from late May until October. How many months is then available for members to play in pristine and comfortable weather-wise conditions. Four? Maybe. Recognizing that maintenance and conditioning for the "next" Masters has always been of primary importance. Not aware there is another 18 associated with the club that members can play during the interim. Perhaps once or twice a year is all they require. The rest of the time spent hanging out in the Grille with the buds. IDK. Anyhow. Maybe you've seen this, maybe not. A drone flyer of a portion of the course during the summer. Doesn't look quite the same. Surprised the culprit that pulled this off didn't get tracked down and sent to the hoosegow.

>

>

>

>

Yikes...

This doesn't surprise me one bit actually. Thanks for posting it.

I have one for you, with the Memorial Tournament coming up in May, Muirfield Village is close by here in Dublin, pretty much a suburb of Columbus. Anyway, Muirfield is plush and beautiful all the golfyear long, and actually looks better in person than on tv. The houses surrounding it are amazing too. Here's a partial drone flyover of it, but it doesn't do it justice, they are on it all year long, you would never find any brown grass there, anywhere.

• Like 2

> @Fellaheen51 said:

> One last thing. How the hel(l) did Lou Holtz get to become a member of ANGC??????

He's been a member for a long time as far as I know. Heard him say once that when his house was

being remodeled, it caught fire and burned down making him the only homeless member of ANGC.

• Like 1

> @Conrad1953 said:

> > @Fellaheen51 said:

> > One last thing. How the hel(l) did Lou Holtz get to become a member of ANGC??????

>

> He's been a member for a long time as far as I know. Heard him say once that when his house was

> being remodeled, it caught fire and burned down making him the only homeless member of ANGC.

Membership is by invitation. You'd need a sponsor who wants you in. The membership committee then considers new candidates. One blackball and the candidate and sponsor are both SOL. Many moons ago, maybe 35 years or more ago I flew into Augusta. Was a regional sales manager back then. Lou was on the plane. We barely spoke beyond a simple "hello" so no dramatic story there. But he did collect his clubs at the luggage carousel. The local gent I worked with in the area had a wife who worked at ANGC, and when I mentioned Lou was on the plane I was told he was a member. So somebody at least 30+ years ago successfully sponsored him in.

I could be wrong, but I'm told starting a few years ago, the practice of shutting the course completely down several months each year has stopped. Why I dunno. Maybe subair systems, better agronomy practices and such stemmed the need to.

Cool fly-over guys.

Augusta is sort of like Savannah and other mid-sized southern towns. They have their blue-blood and "old money" parts of town. They have their higher end communities. Lots of downtown revitalization over the years. But 90% of the real estate is just what you'd expect from a sleepy little town with a handful of major employers.

In all my travels around North America for all those years, one thing I noticed was how some things are scaled up or scaled down from place to place. Typical architecture might change a little. One place might have bigger or newer hospitals, better roads, yadda, than the next. But people and places, regardless of scale really aren't much different from Mexico City to Fort Saskatchewan. Lmao - we all put our pants on one leg at a time. Folks in the little town see their library with the same eyes those seeing the Library of Congress view it with.

But yea, high end golf courses sometimes do, and sometimes don't look like their surroundings. That much is for sure!

• Like 2

I got my VCR all set up so I could see all the Masters T after playing golf today. It happened to be our mens association opening day with breakfast and an individual stroke play gross and net tournament. We also did a blind draw of Masters players whose score would be added to our net scores. I played a little better than my handicap and was tied for second net. I had never heard of my pro player but he shot 69 today. I did not stay for all the groups to finish so I don't know if I got into the money or not.I will play tomorrow and find out. I knew it would be impossible not to see the results of the Masters play but I was trying my best when on hole #14 my playing partner got a text from his wife telling him that Tiger had won. I came home and watched anyway all the way up to Tiger's drive on #10 and my recording stopped there. So I am bummed that I did not get to witness this one live. I have the replay recorded so got to see it anyway. Amazing day in the golf world!

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

> @scotee said:

> Interesting stuff. He answered but not really my question about if Iron Byron would be the same as Koepka. Maybe not. Kostis made it sound like every swing was faster before impact when measured with this thing. I am assuming someone has looked at a mechanical swing with this motion analysis. At any rate, I want my 6 mph back.

Me too!

No clue what Iron Byron might reveal. BTW, didn't mean to bulldoze your post.

I just personally see somethings as a rabbit hole. Possibly very dangerous in some cases. Perfect example --- winding the shoulders up to the max, then exploding the hip girdle open before the club gets to the top. For so many golfers that one's actually key to a destroyed back. Yet that part gets left out when aired.

Anywho - apologies for my follow up rant.

• Like 2

Always thought Tiger was silly doing what he did being such a high profile individual there was no way he was not going to be caught, having said that it was his business, not the press or the bleeding heart club. If he was unhappy with his domestic situation he could have approached it differently.

The golf is a different matter altogether, there is no way he should have been vilified as he was and it probably put his head in the wrong place causing a total breakdown. Really happy to see him back, IMHO I think he did more for golf recently than any other person, he made it a high profile sport instead of a sport only for the elite, or whatever you want to call them. Welcome back Tiger, missed your contribution.

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

> @Reasonability said:

> > @scotee said:

> > Interesting stuff. He answered but not really my question about if Iron Byron would be the same as Koepka. Maybe not. Kostis made it sound like every swing was faster before impact when measured with this thing. I am assuming someone has looked at a mechanical swing with this motion analysis. At any rate, I want my 6 mph back.

>

> Me too!

>

> No clue what Iron Byron might reveal. BTW, didn't mean to bulldoze your post.

>

> I just personally see somethings as a rabbit hole. Possibly very dangerous in some cases. Perfect example --- winding the shoulders up to the max, then exploding the hip girdle open before the club gets to the top. For so many golfers that one's actually key to a destroyed back. Yet that part gets left out when aired.

>

> Anywho - apologies for my follow up rant.

>

> No apologies needed. I find it all interesting. My "He answered but not really" was aimed at the guy in the video you posted. I would like to have access to some of this technology just for kicks. It prolly would be a waste of time but I am curious.

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Lonely here this eve. Quiet. Un-Grille-like. Calls for extraordinary measures. As in another installment of "tried but couldn't find it on eBay".

- Dumb waiter that's up on his Kierkegaard.

- A fly that explains why a wheel is needed.

- Nitrous oxide powered stair lift.

- Untucked swing shirt

• Like 2

> @SixtySomePing said:

> > @Fellaheen51 said:

> > > @Reasonability said:

> > > Silly tidbits: changes nothing but perhaps viewed as interesting regards Maters week in Augusta.

> > >

> > > - Public schools use the week each year as spring break. Beyond the traffic, incredible numbers of parents volunteer or work at the course. Teachers, too.

> > >

> > > - The airport becomes absolutely packed with private jets. Parked wing to wing in formation. Fairly small airfield indescribably packed to the gills. Members, pros, corporate jets.

> > >

> > > - There are ZERO little tented areas or temporary structures setup by "sponsors". There are no sponsors. None allowed in fact. It's all self-funded plus TV momuney revenue. (You can do this when the members are that wealthy).

> > >

> > > - **We never see a camera view looking the other way down Magnolia Lane. Pretty simple reason. One view is dramatic/beautiful. Turn the other way and across the road is a simple strip mall.**

> > >

> > > - Augusta is/was the lifelong home to famed singer James "I Feel Good" Brown.

> >

> > One has this image of AGNC as a majestically beautiful oasis. Rightfully so, it's a spectacularly beautiful golf course. Perhaps located in a pastoral semi-rural setting. Reinforced by the notion of it once being a plant nursery. Then you look at a satellite view of the location and realize it's located in something of a commercial area. Particularly to the north and west. Large industrial looking buildings. Shopping centers. Parking lots. What appears to be a large apartment complex. Vast areas of brown empty fields to the west. Perhaps used for patron parking during Masters week. Different from the imagery that one has formed over the years. Was going to post about this earlier but decided to refrain.

> >

> > Additionally, well known that the course is closed for play from late May until October. How many months is then available for members to play in pristine and comfortable weather-wise conditions. Four? Maybe. Recognizing that maintenance and conditioning for the "next" Masters has always been of primary importance. Not aware there is another 18 associated with the club that members can play during the interim. Perhaps once or twice a year is all they require. The rest of the time spent hanging out in the Grille with the buds. IDK. Anyhow. Maybe you've seen this, maybe not. A drone flyer of a portion of the course during the summer. Doesn't look quite the same. Surprised the culprit that pulled this off didn't get tracked down and sent to the hoosegow.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> Yikes...

> This doesn't surprise me one bit actually. Thanks for posting it.

> I have one for you, with the Memorial Tournament coming up in May, Muirfield Village is close by here in Dublin, pretty much a suburb of Columbus. Anyway, Muirfield is plush and beautiful all the golfyear long, and actually looks better in person than on tv. The houses surrounding it are amazing too. Here's a partial drone flyover of it, but it doesn't do it justice, they are on it all year long, you would never find any brown grass there, anywhere.

>

>

Muirfield looks a far better kept course than Augusta, both fly overs are interesting, how the other half live.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @Wriggles said:

> > Saw CBS is broadcasting from 9:00 am on. First year for all day coverage, I think?

> > Walked 16 holes yesterday, with all Ping. My 5,7,8, PW from 1975, laminate 3,5 woods, and putter, in a Pingman original carry bag. I hit the ball very well, putted poorly. Those laminates perform just as well as anything made today. Went home, **my neighbor asked if I'd watch Penny overnight, the family went on an overnighter. So, we watched the Masters together.

> > I put on a tie, and my sleeveless windshirt for the festivities.**

> > Looking forward to the same today.

> >

> >

>

> I can envision this in my mind's eye quite easily with the vintage Ping clubs nestled in the corner to complete the image. It brings a smile to my face. A true Norman Rockwell moment. :smile:

Thanks for the nice comment. It definitely brings a smile to me, also.

• Like 2

> @scomac2002 said:

> Yesterday was our Anniversary; 34 years of wedded bliss. We went out for dinner at one of the oldest established restaurants in the city. The sort of place where all the servers have been there most of their working lives. Most of the patrons were of a similar vintage to ourselves; those who appreciate fine food and first class service with a traditional menu of steakhouse staples. It did not disappoint.

>

> This is the sort of place where they expect you to be there for a leisurely 2 1/2 to 3 hour meal rather than processing you out the door as quickly as possible to bring in the next. I find it's easy to tell the difference as many of the trendy fusion cuisine stops have some of the most uncomfortable seating that you can possibly imagine versus a well shaped and supported leather covered dinning room chair. There's no school like old school! :wink:

Congratulations on Anniversary 34. Wishing you both the best. Nice to hear there's still a few old school places where a nice leisurely dinner can be enjoyed. The world is filled with too many "feedbag", supersized places. The McDonalds, where my pal and I have coffee has the most uncomfortable seating. The place is always packed.

Reminds me of the Drill Sergeants screaming, "Eat up and get out. This ain't no Howard Johnson's."

• Like 2

> @tolmij said:

> > @Wriggles said:

> > Saw CBS is broadcasting from 9:00 am on. First year for all day coverage, I think?

> > Walked 16 holes yesterday, with all Ping. My 5,7,8, PW from 1975, laminate 3,5 woods, and putter, in a Pingman original carry bag. I hit the ball very well, putted poorly. Those laminates perform just as well as anything made today. Went home, my neighbor asked if I'd watch Penny overnight, the family went on an overnighter. So, we watched the Masters together.

> > I put on a tie, and my sleeveless windshirt for the festivities.

> > Looking forward to the same today.

> >

> >

>

>

> Now you have to sue for permenant ownership of penny, always sounded as if she would rather be with you. ?

She couldn't wait to go home, when her "brother" came to get her. Later, she was sitting at our doorstep.

Like all females, fickle.

• Like 2

> @billh17 said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > I don't think that Tiger was playing without pain in spite of the stoic facade. I saw him popping a pill on the 16th tee, so he was definitely hurting.

>

> LOL The Tiger Haters will swear he was poppin" PED's !

I also saw the pill popping.

Congratulations to Tiger. Hugging his kids and Mom was the crowning glory. Better than the Green Jacket, almost.

Love him or hate him, he's the best.

Look out, Jack.

• Like 2

Addendum to the Tiger post, I can see how some would be annoyed because he was a role model to so many youngsters and they say he let them down, the persons he let down the most was himself and his family.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @scomac2002 said:

> Yesterday was our Anniversary; 34 years of wedded bliss. We went out for dinner at one of the oldest established restaurants in the city. The sort of place where all the servers have been there most of their working lives. Most of the patrons were of a similar vintage to ourselves; those who appreciate fine food and first class service with a traditional menu of steakhouse staples. It did not disappoint.

>

> This is the sort of place where they expect you to be there for a leisurely 2 1/2 to 3 hour meal rather than processing you out the door as quickly as possible to bring in the next. I find it's easy to tell the difference as many of the trendy fusion cuisine stops have some of the most uncomfortable seating that you can possibly imagine versus a well shaped and supported leather covered dinning room chair. There's no school like old school! :wink:

Yes, congratulations yesterday to you and DW scomac. 34 years is something to be very proud of, glad you went to a very nice restaurant. Being out together like that, spending time is so very meaningful.

• Like 2

Looks like we're in for some great golf Majors ahead for the next 3 months. Terrific venues too, the PGA at Bethpage a month away, then the US Open at Pebble Beach this year one month after that, and the Open at Royal Potrush Northern Ireland. Lots of fabulous commentary and opines from the Grille. Yes sir, better than most, in your life have you seen anything like that? I'm settling into this retirement thing pretty well...

• Like 2

Thank you all for the warm wishes. They are certainly appreciated by both of us. :smile:

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @SixtySomePing said:

> Looks like we're in for some great golf Majors ahead for the next 3 months. Terrific venues too, the PGA at Bethpage a month away, then the US Open at Pebble Beach this year one month after that, and the Open at Royal Potrush Northern Ireland. Lots of fabulous commentary and opines from the Grille. Yes sir, better than most, in your life have you seen anything like that? I'm settling into this retirement thing pretty well...

Indeed. The next few months should offer some compelling golf entertainment. I'm particularly looking forward to the Open Championship at Royal Portrush. We visited there in 2010 when we were touring Ireland. Who knew that when we were asking the proprietor of the B&B that we were staying in that night where she might recommend that we could go for a nice meal, she simply responded: _go to the golf course. It's just up the road that you came down from the coast on._

Based on what I witnessed that evening if conditions are anything remotely on the windy side I wouldn't expect to see many drivers being hit as the course is totally exposed to the winds coming off the Irish Sea. In many ways it would seem that fate is at play as the course struck me as a place where good ballstrikers would prosper, particularly those who can flight the ball down. It plays into Tiger's strengths, IMO.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @Reasonability said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > Thank you all for the warm wishes. They are certainly appreciated by both of us. :smile:

>

> I fell guilty of such Masters-itis I failed you. Didn't join in with a sincere congrats. Belatedly but from the heart wishing you both many more to come!

>

>

No need of an apology. I have been guilty myself of such oversights from time-to-time.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I have commented on here in recent months about my distaste for the 24/7 barrage of sports commentary that we see from various media outlets. Most major sports are guilty of this now as a means of attempting to maintain interest when games aren't actually being played. Gone are the days of the national newspaper columnist with his twice-a-week commentary on the state of the game to add colour to the local scribe's daily musings on the fate of the local team/players/events. In their place we find this battalion of former players charged with providing insight to the game from an insider's perspective. I find it all gets rather weary when confronted with it day in and day out.

The biggest problem with this degree of obsession is that it creates expectation as to how events will unfold which I think tends to rob us of the wonder when something truly magical and unexpected happens. That's what made this week's Masters so special was that no one really expected that Tiger would win another major when facing the sort of competition in today's fields once you factor in his age and what he has had to endure physically. Oh yes, he had been close before, but he didn't have that ability to pull away that he showed all so often when he was in his prime.

No matter what happens going forward, I doubt that we will feel the same about it as we did this one magical weekend in April. Tiger has already been installed as the betting favourite for the balance of the year I would presume. He will once again dominate the headlines regardless of the outcome which may in fact rob us of the next special moment if it doesn't involve him. It would be nice if the sports media could resist temptation and just let this play out naturally, but they are going to do what they always do and attempt to script the ending.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @tolmij said:

> Addendum to the Tiger post, I can see how some would be annoyed because he was a role model to so many youngsters and they say he let them down, the persons he let down the most was himself and his family.

Opening up and sharing honest feelings in a post is almost always a good thing. Or at least here that's the case. For some odd reason I've found there's a couple of topics I can't touch with a 50' pole no matter where or how I lay it down. This issue is a prime example.. Seems like the instant I say my peace, something I might hold dear receives a return harpoon. Comes across to my eye as though I've slapped someone's baby which seemingly deserved a return slap.

I honestly like what you say and the way you've said it. FWIW.

Forgive me for reserving comment beyond that. This is one of those areas of discussion old Reason is never going to successfully word in a post. All I have to offer is I can separate the golfing from the golfer. That much seems safe to post (for me at least).

• Like 2

> @tolmij said:

> Addendum to the Tiger post, I can see how some would be annoyed because he was a role model to so many youngsters and they say he let them down, the persons he let down the most was himself and his family.

I'll tackle this, Reasy...

Yes, Tiger let down a generation of adoring fans when his colourful personal life became public knowledge. It's hard to argue that, but maybe one doesn't have to. You see, all of tiger's travails proved that he was in fact just as human as the rest of us with all the faults and weaknesses. None of that was apparent in Tiger the golfer.

All of those young fans who chose him to be their role model got to see first hand what happens when you make poor choices. Even Tiger wasn't immune to the fallout. It's the price we will ultimately all pay for hubris.

Perhaps his greatest attribute and value as a role model was his steely resolve to overcome all that befell him and the ability to bring oneself back from the abyss. The lesson of course being that no matter how deep a hole we find ourselves in, you can come back from this. You don't have to be forever shackled to your downfall. It's entirely possible that this whole odyssey will only enhance his value as a role model.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)