2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @howellhandmade said:

> > > @SixtySomePing said:

> > >

> > > Had my first appointment with my new doctor Tuesday morning, the one my wife goes to, as my doc retired. Supposed to be a great guy, and he was, sort of. They weighed me in at 186, I had just weighed in at home at 182 before I showered which means real weight to me, I don't weigh myself fully clothed with wallet in pocket and phone and shoes on and AFO braces. Keep in mind I have now lost 20 lbs. He said "186, you should bring that down a few pounds". I said "I weigh 182". He said "Well, they checked you in at 186" (he's the book-smart type as opposed to common sense). My blood pressure was 110/62, but he said I see in your records you had heart surgery 8 years ago, I think you need to be on a statin. We'll get you in to the cardiologist at the hospital here for some follow up work. ( I had 3 stents put in my heart, my cardiologist in Columbus had said 5 years ago my heart looked so good he didn't need to see me again, and he is one of the best in the area). So this guy gave me paperwork for blood work which I had done yesterday early. I told him I am not taking a statin, which he didn't like, cause I tried them before when my cholesterol was 212 and didn't like them. (He said "you have a history of high cholesterol"- wtf, I have a history of flunking math tests too, in high school) Plus I already take 4 epilepsy meds and don't want to take any more pills. I reminded him my blood pressure was 110/62, and I weigh 182. The only thing he said to that was "186". The blood work came back yesterday and my cholesterol was 171, with the LDL at 81. So now that made him freak out and his office called yesterday afternoon for a follow up appointment to talk again about statins, dang, what is it about the medical world nowadays? I've never felt better...

> > > Is anybody here on statins?

> >

> > Once fired my doctor over statins. He was a friend before he was my doctor. Got to know him when he used to come to pops concerts and sat in the front row, he’d ask me to join him at Morton’s afterward. Very expensive steak house around the corner; one evening the Rangers were in town and Wayne Gretzky came in. Never ate more than a salad because I didn’t want to take advantage of his hospitality and he wouldn’t let me pay, but he always ordered a big hunk of meat. He told me that he had lunch at Morton’s every Wednesday, that every week a different drug company rep took him there, his secretary just booked it for him.

> >

> > Which occurred to me when one year (maybe 15 years ago) my cholesterol came back 190-ish and he immediately prescribed a statin, even though my blood pressure was great, always has been. I told him I didn’t want it, that I was over 40, slightly overweight, had three small kids, a stressful job and a terrible diet, and if my cholesterol was too high I had lots of stuff to throw overboard before I took a pill that, as far as I could tell, just made a number go down and was hard on my liver at minimum. He said, that’s a holistic view of health, most people don’t have the discipline for that. I said I didn’t see anybody but him and me in the room so he could save the statins for those other people. His secretary called four or five times after that to ask if I’d filled my prescription, until I said to stop calling, I had come to distrust his motives and was no longer his patient.

> >

> > I’ve had a couple of doctors since, have not had statins suggested again. My cholesterol is usually around 180, which once, before the pharma companies came up with a pill that lowered it, was considered perfectly healthy.

>

> My guy tried to put me on statins a few years ago. I asked him why? he said that studies said it would be efficatious at my levels. I asked him what percentage of those at my levels would it help and he responded with a fairly low number. He then looked at me and said that I didn't really need them then.

>

> It's funny...or maybe it isn't...I was in hospital in Florida about 4 years ago and they loved my levels. Even my BP wasn't all that alarming. I come home and my GP wants to up everything I'm on and then some!

>

> I'm not sure I trust any of them, even those with good intentions. My wife has a friend that they're killing with cancer meds and she wasn't even symptomatic! But oh, those tests said she's at risk! There once was a time that they sentenced people to death for questioning that the world was flat! :angry:

Several years ago DW had a lady doctor that had her on about 10 different meds, every time she went there was something else to correct. We eventually got fed up with her as she had problems even communicating some days. The next doctor we tried a male doctor, came across immediately as a good regular guy who knew what he was doing, within a month DW was weaned if every one of them as his tests proved she did not need them. After about a month with him there was a newspaper article saying he had been banned for twelve months for drug taking recommending anyone using him to move on, we did some checking and even though it was true it was a biased article from a journalist with an axe to grind, best doctor we have ever had, we have found one now very similar views and he listens.

Move on twelve months, we were chatting to him after a consultation and he said we have a new doctor joining the practice if you would like to try her, it was the same doctor giving DW all the meds, when we told him no thanks and the reason he was horrified but could do nothing about it because he did not own the practice, he did however make lots of noise. Don’t know how it ended as we left the district, moving house shortly after.

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

There are good, caring, intuitive doctors, there are fantastically skilled surgeons, there are brilliant researchers. But greed and corporate soullessness have a stranglehold on health care. And other things. If we don’t take care of ourselves and exercise due diligence in choosing what care we do need (assuming we have a choice) we become a crop, grist for the mill.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2017/02/when-evidence-says-no-but-doctors-say-yes/517368/

• Like 2

> @tolmij said:

> > @scotee said:

> > Is it Tuesday or Thursday? Working into this retired thing. Played today for the first Wednesday in a long time. Scored poorly but I had a very rare Watery or Golden Retriever as my bro calls them. Saved par after a ball in the water on the par 4 fourth. Worth double in the skins game. I haven't done that in a long time.

>

> Losing the day is a familiar feeling for me, quite often have to check to see which one Is with me. It’s a good thing about retirement, no need to fuss over the now unimportant things like getting up for work. ??

So true, retirement, dang, should have done this a long time ago. I only know Tuesday and Thursday because they are golf day and trash day respectively.

Got a new Ninja air fryer. It's the bomb, doing lots of veggies in it, makes cooking a breeze and adventure for a retired guy who is near death due to high blood pressure of 110/62 and giant cholesterol of 171, ha. Think I'll supplement the veggies with eating dryer lint and yard clippings...

My new air fryer, woohoo...

• Like 2

Another Thursday working at the course and another day of rain... You know that it's getting long in the tooth when the superintendent is posting on Instagram that today was the third day in eight with an empty tee sheet due to the threat of rain. It rained for about an hour this morning, but that was it. We had a tournament booked and only 10 people showed up! Just as well a only two of them looked to have ever played the game before, but that doesn't do much to move the needle when expenses are higher than receipts! I won't be surprised if the place goes up for sale; I've heard rumours of such...

Got my Adams hybrid today. Boy, that was fast! What a difference it makes when you buy local and the delivery is by courier; 24 hours was it! I hit a half dozen balls with the club as soon as I got home and loved it! Promptly came into the house and ordered the companion 4W that I had located on eBay from Mike's Golf Outlet. That will take a bit longer to arrive as it's coming from Conneticutt.

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @SixtySomePing said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > > @scotee said:

> > > Is it Tuesday or Thursday? Working into this retired thing. Played today for the first Wednesday in a long time. Scored poorly but I had a very rare Watery or Golden Retriever as my bro calls them. Saved par after a ball in the water on the par 4 fourth. Worth double in the skins game. I haven't done that in a long time.

> >

> > Losing the day is a familiar feeling for me, quite often have to check to see which one Is with me. It’s a good thing about retirement, no need to fuss over the now unimportant things like getting up for work. ??

> So true, retirement, dang, should have done this a long time ago. I only know Tuesday and Thursday because they are golf day and trash day respectively.

> Got a new Ninja air fryer. It's the bomb, doing lots of veggies in it, makes cooking a breeze and adventure for a retired guy who is near death due to high blood pressure of 110/62 and giant cholesterol of 171, ha. Think I'll supplement the veggies with eating dryer lint and yard clippings...

> My new air fryer, woohoo...

>

>

Love the air fryers, we have just purchased our second one, the first one had an impossible repair requirement. This one is larger easier to use and very efficient, cooks a large chicken in 30 minutes, potatoes are brilliant, nice and brown with crispy edges, try sweet potato Sixty, they make really good sweet potato chips. Lunch soon fryer is already on the bench ready to use.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @Conrad1953 said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > > @Wriggles said:

> > > tiv0muiyu4fm.jpeg

> > > A picture of my neighbor, the Dodge, and me, (wearing the "Masters" jacket) taken on Father's Day.

> > >

> >

> > And a very dapper looking Wriggles it is. Here is a thumbs up???????also a nice looking car, pity about the other fella. ?? hope you have managed to slow him down.

> >

> > I agree with you about the cost of a game, my local club is $25 for 18, $20 for 9 $10 extra for both on weekends and it is a good interesting course with a nice variation of holes, plenty of water and even more trees so it can be a challenge. The membership is $880 a year unlimited golf with a small fee for competitions. Not joined for the past 12 months but annual membership is due soon so I may once again become a member, it’s much cheaper per round if you play every week which I used to, twice three times some weeks, we shall see how it goes.

>

> That sounds like a great golf deal you have there Tol.

And usually on the dedicated social days there is no need to book a time, turn up in particular before 8am and you can get straight out on the course. When it is empty they always want you to start off one but I like to mix it up and sometimes do the back nine if I am only playing nine as it is the more demanding and interesting part, when they tell me to start on one I always ask why and they never have a good reason especially when there is no other player on the back nine, so I ignore them and start on 10 anyway, if it’s busy with players coming up 9 I don’t do it.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @SixtySomePing said:

> You do look fabulous and debonair Wriggs, running the USGA maybe, but also how about being the main TV personality for the broadcast networks for golf coverage. They need help. Heck, you don't have to say anything, that would be best. I've found over the last couple of years in my observation that the European Tour and the LPGA commentators do a much better job. They should give lessons to the PGA broadcast networks.

>

> We had no golf on Tuesday, the course was too wet I guess. And it was supposed to rain more. It didn't, and the sun came out, ended up being a beautiful sunny evening, ugh.

>

> Had my first appointment with my new doctor Tuesday morning, the one my wife goes to, as my doc retired. Supposed to be a great guy, and he was, sort of. They weighed me in at 186, I had just weighed in at home at 182 before I showered which means real weight to me, I don't weigh myself fully clothed with wallet in pocket and phone and shoes on and AFO braces. Keep in mind I have now lost 20 lbs. He said "186, you should bring that down a few pounds". I said "I weigh 182". He said "Well, they checked you in at 186" (he's the book-smart type as opposed to common sense). My blood pressure was 110/62, but he said I see in your records you had heart surgery 8 years ago, I think you need to be on a statin. We'll get you in to the cardiologist at the hospital here for some follow up work. ( I had 3 stents put in my heart, my cardiologist in Columbus had said 5 years ago my heart looked so good he didn't need to see me again, and he is one of the best in the area). So this guy gave me paperwork for blood work which I had done yesterday early. I told him I am not taking a statin, which he didn't like, cause I tried them before when my cholesterol was 212 and didn't like them. (He said "you have a history of high cholesterol"- wtf, I have a history of flunking math tests too, in high school) Plus I already take 4 epilepsy meds and don't want to take any more pills. I reminded him my blood pressure was 110/62, and I weigh 182. The only thing he said to that was "186". The blood work came back yesterday and my cholesterol was 171, with the LDL at 81. So now that made him freak out and his office called yesterday afternoon for a follow up appointment to talk again about statins, dang, what is it about the medical world nowadays? I've never felt better...

> Is anybody here on statins?

Seems with a BP of 110/62, and 182 weight, you don't need anything but a walking regimen. I'm not familiar with the cholesterol numbers, but just eating right should correct that.

Your "doctor"situation, and my missus's, among others, is the reason i haven't been to a medical doctor in 10 years. I KNOW they'll find something wrong with me. I take OTC Zantac, which I've taken for 30 years, for stomach issues and acid reflux. I get a lot of headaches, have gotten them since a boy, and Excedrin seems to work fine. Thirty years ago, doctor warned me about Excedrin, but it also is a blood thinner. Tell the doctor about headaches, he'll have a field day.

The missus is on a bunch of stuff. BP, thyroid, etc medicines galore. Seems she's always going to the doctor. Even she admits she doubts it does any good.

So, who's right? Once you're in the medical system, it's a lifetime thing. I get calls from my insurance concierge, and mailings detailing all kind of "benefits" I'm entitled to. Sometimes, I feel that I'm a medical time bomb waiting to go off.

My attitude is "Don't fix anything that's not broken." I'll go to my grave, thinking the way I do, right or wrong.

Thoughts on a rainy Friday morning.

• Like 2

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @howellhandmade said:

> > > @SixtySomePing said:

> > >

> > > Had my first appointment with my new doctor Tuesday morning, the one my wife goes to, as my doc retired. Supposed to be a great guy, and he was, sort of. They weighed me in at 186, I had just weighed in at home at 182 before I showered which means real weight to me, I don't weigh myself fully clothed with wallet in pocket and phone and shoes on and AFO braces. Keep in mind I have now lost 20 lbs. He said "186, you should bring that down a few pounds". I said "I weigh 182". He said "Well, they checked you in at 186" (he's the book-smart type as opposed to common sense). My blood pressure was 110/62, but he said I see in your records you had heart surgery 8 years ago, I think you need to be on a statin. We'll get you in to the cardiologist at the hospital here for some follow up work. ( I had 3 stents put in my heart, my cardiologist in Columbus had said 5 years ago my heart looked so good he didn't need to see me again, and he is one of the best in the area). So this guy gave me paperwork for blood work which I had done yesterday early. I told him I am not taking a statin, which he didn't like, cause I tried them before when my cholesterol was 212 and didn't like them. (He said "you have a history of high cholesterol"- wtf, I have a history of flunking math tests too, in high school) Plus I already take 4 epilepsy meds and don't want to take any more pills. I reminded him my blood pressure was 110/62, and I weigh 182. The only thing he said to that was "186". The blood work came back yesterday and my cholesterol was 171, with the LDL at 81. So now that made him freak out and his office called yesterday afternoon for a follow up appointment to talk again about statins, dang, what is it about the medical world nowadays? I've never felt better...

> > > Is anybody here on statins?

> >

> > Once fired my doctor over statins. He was a friend before he was my doctor. Got to know him when he used to come to pops concerts and sat in the front row, he’d ask me to join him at Morton’s afterward. Very expensive steak house around the corner; one evening the Rangers were in town and Wayne Gretzky came in. Never ate more than a salad because I didn’t want to take advantage of his hospitality and he wouldn’t let me pay, but he always ordered a big hunk of meat. He told me that he had lunch at Morton’s every Wednesday, that every week a different drug company rep took him there, his secretary just booked it for him.

> >

> > Which occurred to me when one year (maybe 15 years ago) my cholesterol came back 190-ish and he immediately prescribed a statin, even though my blood pressure was great, always has been. I told him I didn’t want it, that I was over 40, slightly overweight, had three small kids, a stressful job and a terrible diet, and if my cholesterol was too high I had lots of stuff to throw overboard before I took a pill that, as far as I could tell, just made a number go down and was hard on my liver at minimum. He said, that’s a holistic view of health, most people don’t have the discipline for that. I said I didn’t see anybody but him and me in the room so he could save the statins for those other people. His secretary called four or five times after that to ask if I’d filled my prescription, until I said to stop calling, I had come to distrust his motives and was no longer his patient.

> >

> > I’ve had a couple of doctors since, have not had statins suggested again. My cholesterol is usually around 180, which once, before the pharma companies came up with a pill that lowered it, was considered perfectly healthy.

>

> My guy tried to put me on statins a few years ago. I asked him why? he said that studies said it would be efficatious at my levels. I asked him what percentage of those at my levels would it help and he responded with a fairly low number. He then looked at me and said that I didn't really need them then.

>

> It's funny...or maybe it isn't...I was in hospital in Florida about 4 years ago and they loved my levels. Even my BP wasn't all that alarming. I come home and my GP wants to up everything I'm on and then some!

>

> I'm not sure I trust any of them, even those with good intentions. My wife has a friend that they're killing with cancer meds and she wasn't even symptomatic! But oh, those tests said she's at risk! There once was a time that they sentenced people to death for questioning that the world was flat! :angry:

One jerk doctor advised my missus to have preventative masectomies, because breast cancer runs in her family. I'd have told him to have his brain removed, since he wasn't using it.

• Like 2

> @Wriggles said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > > @howellhandmade said:

> > > > @SixtySomePing said:

> > > >

> > > > Had my first appointment with my new doctor Tuesday morning, the one my wife goes to, as my doc retired. Supposed to be a great guy, and he was, sort of. They weighed me in at 186, I had just weighed in at home at 182 before I showered which means real weight to me, I don't weigh myself fully clothed with wallet in pocket and phone and shoes on and AFO braces. Keep in mind I have now lost 20 lbs. He said "186, you should bring that down a few pounds". I said "I weigh 182". He said "Well, they checked you in at 186" (he's the book-smart type as opposed to common sense). My blood pressure was 110/62, but he said I see in your records you had heart surgery 8 years ago, I think you need to be on a statin. We'll get you in to the cardiologist at the hospital here for some follow up work. ( I had 3 stents put in my heart, my cardiologist in Columbus had said 5 years ago my heart looked so good he didn't need to see me again, and he is one of the best in the area). So this guy gave me paperwork for blood work which I had done yesterday early. I told him I am not taking a statin, which he didn't like, cause I tried them before when my cholesterol was 212 and didn't like them. (He said "you have a history of high cholesterol"- wtf, I have a history of flunking math tests too, in high school) Plus I already take 4 epilepsy meds and don't want to take any more pills. I reminded him my blood pressure was 110/62, and I weigh 182. The only thing he said to that was "186". The blood work came back yesterday and my cholesterol was 171, with the LDL at 81. So now that made him freak out and his office called yesterday afternoon for a follow up appointment to talk again about statins, dang, what is it about the medical world nowadays? I've never felt better...

> > > > Is anybody here on statins?

> > >

> > > Once fired my doctor over statins. He was a friend before he was my doctor. Got to know him when he used to come to pops concerts and sat in the front row, he’d ask me to join him at Morton’s afterward. Very expensive steak house around the corner; one evening the Rangers were in town and Wayne Gretzky came in. Never ate more than a salad because I didn’t want to take advantage of his hospitality and he wouldn’t let me pay, but he always ordered a big hunk of meat. He told me that he had lunch at Morton’s every Wednesday, that every week a different drug company rep took him there, his secretary just booked it for him.

> > >

> > > Which occurred to me when one year (maybe 15 years ago) my cholesterol came back 190-ish and he immediately prescribed a statin, even though my blood pressure was great, always has been. I told him I didn’t want it, that I was over 40, slightly overweight, had three small kids, a stressful job and a terrible diet, and if my cholesterol was too high I had lots of stuff to throw overboard before I took a pill that, as far as I could tell, just made a number go down and was hard on my liver at minimum. He said, that’s a holistic view of health, most people don’t have the discipline for that. I said I didn’t see anybody but him and me in the room so he could save the statins for those other people. His secretary called four or five times after that to ask if I’d filled my prescription, until I said to stop calling, I had come to distrust his motives and was no longer his patient.

> > >

> > > I’ve had a couple of doctors since, have not had statins suggested again. My cholesterol is usually around 180, which once, before the pharma companies came up with a pill that lowered it, was considered perfectly healthy.

> >

> > My guy tried to put me on statins a few years ago. I asked him why? he said that studies said it would be efficatious at my levels. I asked him what percentage of those at my levels would it help and he responded with a fairly low number. He then looked at me and said that I didn't really need them then.

> >

> > It's funny...or maybe it isn't...I was in hospital in Florida about 4 years ago and they loved my levels. Even my BP wasn't all that alarming. I come home and my GP wants to up everything I'm on and then some!

> >

> > I'm not sure I trust any of them, even those with good intentions. My wife has a friend that they're killing with cancer meds and she wasn't even symptomatic! But oh, those tests said she's at risk! There once was a time that they sentenced people to death for questioning that the world was flat! :angry:

>

> One jerk doctor advised my missus to have preventative masectomies, because breast cancer runs in her family. I'd have told him to have his brain removed, since he wasn't using it.

Wriggs, it’s all about the money, I had a doctor that was trying to get me to try a medication, can’t remember for what, but it was not even in regular use or hVe full clearance, the manufacturers were asking him to try it on as many patients as possible.

The one she did try was a free trial with a blood thinner, having had a stroke and needing to take warfarin, when you take warfarin you need a blood test every month to monitor blood count, the new drug was far superior and did not require any blood tests and at that time it would have cost $150 a month. After the trial was over the government put it onto the pensioner medication list and so it now costs $6.50 a month.

But for the companies it is still all about the money.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

The medical community is very good at scaring people into action and agreeing to having procedures done by simply dropping the "C" word. The truth is that they don't really have a clue. It's all just a guess really. I have two female friends who were given three months to live when they were first diagnosed with ovarian cancer. That was 7 years ago for the one and close to 2 years for the other. Why would you do preventative surgeries when active cases are so unpredictable as to the outcome? If you have cancer, you have cancer. There's no redo on that with any amount of preventative treatment.

I take two BP pills. Have for ove 10 years now. Whenever I check it at a pharmacy it's always high, even with the meds. I take a few other OTC supplements for various issues: Ca/Mg/Zn, Saw Palmetto, Turmeric. I have a new GP and she seems to be fairly relaxed when it comes to my health. She did order the MRI for my back, but that's all she has really bothered with seemingly content with everything else when I see her once a year. I know that I'm probably due for a colonoscopy again, so that will likely be the next thing she wants to look at.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> The medical community is very good at scaring people into action and agreeing to having procedures done by simply dropping the "C" word. The truth is that they don't really have a clue. It's all just a guess really. I have two female friends who were given three months to live when they were first diagnosed with ovarian cancer. That was 7 years ago for the one and close to 2 years for the other. Why would you do preventative surgeries when active cases are so unpredictable as to the outcome? If you have cancer, you have cancer. There's no redo on that with any amount of preventative treatment.

>

> I take two BP pills. Have for ove 10 years now. Whenever I check it at a pharmacy it's always high, even with the meds. I take a few other OTC supplements for various issues: Ca/Mg/Zn, Saw Palmetto, Turmeric. I have a new GP and she seems to be fairly relaxed when it comes to my health. She did order the MRI for my back, but that's all she has really bothered with seemingly content with everything else when I see her once a year. I know that I'm probably due for a colonoscopy again, so that will likely be the next thing she wants to look at.

It’s difficult to stay composed when your backside is exposed to the world???????

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @SixtySomePing said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > > @scotee said:

> > > Is it Tuesday or Thursday? Working into this retired thing. Played today for the first Wednesday in a long time. Scored poorly but I had a very rare Watery or Golden Retriever as my bro calls them. Saved par after a ball in the water on the par 4 fourth. Worth double in the skins game. I haven't done that in a long time.

> >

> > Losing the day is a familiar feeling for me, quite often have to check to see which one Is with me. It’s a good thing about retirement, no need to fuss over the now unimportant things like getting up for work. ??

> So true, retirement, dang, should have done this a long time ago. I only know Tuesday and Thursday because they are golf day and trash day respectively.

> Got a new Ninja air fryer. It's the bomb, doing lots of veggies in it, makes cooking a breeze and adventure for a retired guy who is near death due to high blood pressure of 110/62 and giant cholesterol of 171, ha. Think I'll supplement the veggies with eating dryer lint and yard clippings...

> My new air fryer, woohoo...

>

>

Got me one of them that looks good collecting dust. Very small tray so can't cook much at a time. Kinda reminds me of the first microwaves.....looked like a storage container.

• Like 2

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Guess what?

It's my ninth anniversary! :triumph:

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> Guess what?

>

> It's my ninth anniversary! :triumph:

So I take it this is a guessing game?

Hole in one.?

Shooting par?

Retiring ?

Being sober?

Not upsetting DW?

Mowing the grass yourself?

Working at golf club?

Any of these close

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @tolmij said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > Guess what?

> >

> > It's my ninth anniversary! :triumph:

>

> So I take it this is a guessing game?

> Hole in one.?

> Shooting par?

> Retiring ?

> Being sober?

> Not upsetting DW?

> Mowing the grass yourself?

> Working at golf club?

>

> Any of these close

The golf club is a good one because I think that's actually correct, but it doesn't take the prize I'm afraid.

uxmrwpdn38q0.png

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > > @scomac2002 said:

> > > Guess what?

> > >

> > > It's my ninth anniversary! :triumph:

> >

> > So I take it this is a guessing game?

> > Hole in one.?

> > Shooting par?

> > Retiring ?

> > Being sober?

> > Not upsetting DW?

> > Mowing the grass yourself?

> > Working at golf club?

> >

> > Any of these close

>

> The golf club is a good one because I think that's actually correct, but it doesn't take the prize I'm afraid.

>

> uxmrwpdn38q0.png

>

I am six and a bit.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @Qqq123xx said:

> > @SixtySomePing said:

> > > @tolmij said:

> > > > @scotee said:

> > > > Is it Tuesday or Thursday? Working into this retired thing. Played today for the first Wednesday in a long time. Scored poorly but I had a very rare Watery or Golden Retriever as my bro calls them. Saved par after a ball in the water on the par 4 fourth. Worth double in the skins game. I haven't done that in a long time.

> > >

> > > Losing the day is a familiar feeling for me, quite often have to check to see which one Is with me. It’s a good thing about retirement, no need to fuss over the now unimportant things like getting up for work. ??

> > So true, retirement, dang, should have done this a long time ago. I only know Tuesday and Thursday because they are golf day and trash day respectively.

> > Got a new Ninja air fryer. It's the bomb, doing lots of veggies in it, makes cooking a breeze and adventure for a retired guy who is near death due to high blood pressure of 110/62 and giant cholesterol of 171, ha. Think I'll supplement the veggies with eating dryer lint and yard clippings...

> > My new air fryer, woohoo...

> >

> >

>

> Got me one of them that looks good collecting dust. Very small tray so can't cook much at a time. Kinda reminds me of the first microwaves.....looked like a storage container.

Wow really? Mine holds lots of stuff, and it's healthy eating too, it's working out really well here at the SomePing household...

• Like 2

> @scomac2002 said:

> Guess what?

>

> It's my ninth anniversary! :triumph:

9 years on WRX?

Since you bought new irons?

With the same tennis shoes?

No traffic ticket?

Since you lost 'that sneeze' that still won't come back?...

Since you bought a bottle of Boonesfarm Strawberry Hill which you claim is now vintage, therefore qualifies as 'fine wine'?

Since you changed the oil in your lawnmower?

Of being married 4 years? (thus 4 X 9 = 36)

That's all I can come up with... (ninth anniversary) ?

• Like 2

> @SixtySomePing said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > Guess what?

> >

> > It's my ninth anniversary! :triumph:

>

> **9 years on WRX?**

> Since you bought new irons?

> With the same tennis shoes?

> No traffic ticket?

> Since you lost 'that sneeze' that still won't come back?...

> Since you bought a bottle of Boonesfarm Strawberry Hill which you claim is now vintage, therefore qualifies as 'fine wine'?

> Since you changed the oil in your lawnmower?

> Of being married 4 years? (thus 4 X 9 = 36)

>

> That's all I can come up with... (ninth anniversary) ?

>

>

You get theprize, @SixtySomePing !

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Let's see if I can take a crack at answering some of these...

_So I take it this is a guessing game?

Hole in one.?_

Never

_Shooting par?_

Not yet

_Retiring ?_

6 years I think

_Being sober?_

I'm always sober...

_Not upsetting DW?_

I measure that in hours

_Mowing the grass yourself?_

It has been a year. I'll be doing my own again within a month.

_Working at golf club?_

Yup

_9 years on WRX? _

Yup

_Since you bought new irons?_

Last August

_With the same tennis shoes?_

New in April

_No traffic ticket?_

Since 1980

_Since you lost 'that sneeze' that still won't come back?..._

I think that stayed in the Okanagan

_Since you bought a bottle of Boonesfarm Strawberry Hill which you claim is now vintage, therefore qualifies as 'fine wine'?_

That's wine?

_Since you changed the oil in your lawnmower?_

BIL looked after that for me along with a couple of other repairs for my birthday

_Of being married 4 years? (thus 4 X 9 = 36)_

Close. It's actually 8 1/2

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @SixtySomePing said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

>

> > You get theprize, @SixtySomePing !

> >

> >

> Good for you, congrats, and the Grille is all the better with you here as well!

>

Much appreciated, Sixty. We all make it what it is. Now to convince some of our ne'er be lost brothers to return to this little corner of peace and tranquillity. Triple Q has made an appearance!

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> Let's see if I can take a crack at answering some of these...

> _So I take it this is a guessing game?

> Hole in one.?_

> Never

_Same for me- never_

> _Shooting par?_

> Not yet

_Same, no cigar but close_

> _Retiring ?_

> 6 years I think

_This year _

> _Being sober?_

> I'm always sober...

_Moi aussi..._

> _Not upsetting DW?_

> I measure that in hours

_Rare (like a wonderful steak)..._

> _Mowing the grass yourself?_

> It has been a year. I'll be doing my own again within a month.

_I have a guy do it for me, now at senior rates..._

> _Working at golf club?_

> Yup

_Very nice, only caddied as a kid for a bit after I started playing, then realized it helped to know more about golf..._

> _9 years on WRX? _

> Yup

_October will be 8 years_

> _Since you bought new irons?_

> Last August

_10 years for irons, _

> _With the same tennis shoes?_

> New in April

_New last October_

> _No traffic ticket?_

> Since 1980

_Since 1985, but I'll never have another since I'm not allowed to drive, I don't wish that on anyone._

> _Since you lost 'that sneeze' that still won't come back?..._

> I think that stayed in the Okanagan

_Since Tuesday_

> _Since you bought a bottle of Boonesfarm Strawberry Hill which you claim is now vintage, therefore qualifies as 'fine wine'?_

> That's wine?

__They say... ('they', same people who predict the weather)_But when you buy it you have to be around 21 and you have to have a Camaro and a girlfriend with you named Brit or Jenny or something similar and she has to say something like "ooh, Boonesfarm, I like"_

> _Since you changed the oil in your lawnmower?_

> BIL looked after that for me along with a couple of other repairs for my birthday

_Gave my mower away some years back after DW and daughters deemed me not safe... ha_

> _Of being married 4 years? (thus 4 X 9 = 36)_

> Close. It's actually 8 1/2

_This year married 46 _

• Like 2

> @scomac2002 said:

> Let's see if I can take a crack at answering some of these...

> _So I take it this is a guessing game?

> Hole in one.?_

> Never

> _Shooting par?_

> Not yet

> _Retiring ?_

> 6 years I think

> _Being sober?_

> I'm always sober...

> _Not upsetting DW?_

> I measure that in hours

> _Mowing the grass yourself?_

> It has been a year. I'll be doing my own again within a month.

> _Working at golf club?_

> Yup

> _9 years on WRX? _

> Yup

> _Since you bought new irons?_

> Last August

> _With the same tennis shoes?_

> New in April

> _No traffic ticket?_

> Since 1980

> _Since you lost 'that sneeze' that still won't come back?..._

> I think that stayed in the Okanagan

> _Since you bought a bottle of Boonesfarm Strawberry Hill which you claim is now vintage, therefore qualifies as 'fine wine'?_

> That's wine?

> _Since you changed the oil in your lawnmower?_

> BIL looked after that for me along with a couple of other repairs for my birthday

> _Of being married 4 years? (thus 4 X 9 = 36)_

> Close. It's actually 8 1/2

Interesting answers, one I Like was the answer measured in hours, I can relate to that ?

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Number 1 son came out yesterday to give me a hand moving empties from the basement returning them to the Beer Store. I tend to collect quite a few before making the trek once a year or so. Afterwards we headed down the peninsula to go to a craft brewery that has a really nice patio and kitchen attached. It was a glorious day and being a weekend the place was just jumping! We timed it pretty well getting there just as one wave were finishing up and before the next bigger wave of customers arrived. This place always has something interesting on tap if you like funky beers. We each did a tasting flight and then picked our favourites from that for the next one. We also did a bit of a world tour of share plates ordering Asian dumplings, Moroccan chicken wings and a roasted cauliflower humus with na'an bread. They were all delicious! Extremely flavourful that stand up well to strong beers.

Afterwards I swung by our new place to snoop. We don't get possession for another three weeks and I wanted to check that the grass was being cut, which it was, although the gardens are looking a bit wild with all the wet weather this spring. What a beautiful neighbourhood with all the trees fully leafed out now. So peaceful. #1 son was quite impressed and remarked; _I'm going to enjoy coming down here to visit!_

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> Number 1 son came out yesterday to give me a hand moving empties from the basement returning them to the Beer Store. I tend to collect quite a few before making the trek once a year or so. Afterwards we headed down the peninsula to go to a craft brewery that has a really nice patio and kitchen attached. It was a glorious day and being a weekend the place was just jumping! We timed it pretty well getting there just as one wave were finishing up and before the next bigger wave of customers arrived. This place always has something interesting on tap if you like funky beers. We each did a tasting flight and then picked our favourites from that for the next one. We also did a bit of a world tour of share plates ordering Asian dumplings, Moroccan chicken wings and a roasted cauliflower humus with na'an bread. They were all delicious! Extremely flavourful that stand up well to strong beers.

> Afterwards I swung by our new place to snoop. We don't get possession for another three weeks and I wanted to check that the grass was being cut, which it was, although the gardens are looking a bit wild with all the wet weather this spring. What a beautiful neighbourhood with all the trees fully leafed out now. So peaceful. #1 son was quite impressed and remarked; _I'm going to enjoy coming down here to visit!_

Sounds as if you had a very good day and may also be having a lodger in the new house.

Unfortunately, good quality beer houses and restaurants are non existent where we live. Unless you are paying lots of money eating out is quite an ordinary event anyway, so we tend to stay home and spoil ourselves with home cooking. DW can compete with the best when it comes to food. We had a friend over for lunch months ago and she brought her son with her who is a chef in a top restaurant in Norway, he was taking pictures of the table when all the food was served up, he wanted to use some of her ideas when he was back at work.

A peaceful existence is what most of us want, that why we live where we live.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)