Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Reasy, I'm pleased to hear that you have come out the other side of all this hurricane business in one piece and you are slowing getting back to normal. It has been quite some time since I've experienced a major weather event on that scale, probably going back to one of the big ice storms that brought down transmission lines by the hundreds and left some areas without power for 3 weeks or longer. We were fortunate to be out for only four days and even then got off easily due to having backup power.

Just the other day I was viewing photos ans video on the Weather network taken from Mexico Beach on the Florida Panhandle and could not believe the destruction from the storm surge! :swoon: It's a heck of a thing when Mother Nature goes on the warpath!

What amazed me during the hurricane crisis was the out pouring of well wishers and concern from not only WRX members but MGS members as well. Reasy remembers i had to ask how to dump my PM box because it got full fast. I had WRX members that I had not even posted with inquiring and showing concern not to mention my regular buds on here and the Classics forum. MGS is a little different it is a smaller site and really close knit because it is so much smaller still had to dump my PM box there a couple of times. Had so many offers for shelter and help from complete strangers on here. I told my wife what was ironic was the fact we had inquiries and offers of help from complete strangers and her brother has not called to this day to inquire about us. Reasy he is up in the Charlotte area. I told her I bet the farm and all I could beg borrow and steal that he checked the "death list" to see and when he realized we survived he did not care. If we had succumbed to the hurricane he would have been here as soon as they would let him in with his hand out. But buddy boy would he have been dissapointed. All our meager possessions are willed to 2 churches that we attend. ROTFLMAO!!! I can see the Episcopal church in the antique golf business. Oh yeah he will get lonely during the holidays and want money to come down here. I told her to hang up on him when he calls. He does not want me to answer the phone because he will get an earful from me. Hate to be hard line but I have had enough of him. Seems funny to me that sometimes total strangers had more concern for us than my wife's own brother

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

good evening Grillers, been a busy day for you all I see. We are removing the tiger grass we planted to hide our water tanks, thought it was a good idea but it is out of control, back to the original idea, build a fence.

Sleep tight.

Photo uploader stopped working, this is the job half finished, the tiger grass is 10ft high, only roots to dig out now, no idea how deep they are but they are not moving after 1 hour of trying the first one.

Jeez, that's wild looking stuff! Makes me better appreciate the slow growing stuff that I'm more familiar with in this climate. It's funny, but I was almost thinking what a nice break winter was going to be from the constant attention a garden takes (and lawn) during the growing season! The landscaper came through yesterday afternoon for the fall clean-up; pruning the trees, dead heading the perennials and digging up the annuals that had succumbed to frost. #1 son is coming this afternoon to help put away the patio furniture and empty out and store the last to planter pots. It seems as though we've gone directly from summer to winter, just a little bit earlier than normal. Don't know whether we'll get any Indian summer or not as we went from almost 80 one week to snow the next! (Not right here, but not far away)

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

A rescheduled scramble event for today. $75 or $100 a man, three man teams, I hope rain doesn't cancel the event. I doubt many will show up, windy, rainy, and kind of cold as I write

I don't play in such events, just don't enjoy scrambles. Too old for the BS.

Take care, guys.

I am going to sound like one cheap SOB here but I do not play in scrambles unless it is free to me. Like you I am too old and tired for the BS mainly cheating. One scramble I play in yearly is sorta co sponsored by the company I work for but LOL I played on their team before I ever went to work for them. Actually the first year they had it we had the golf shop. We sponsored a hole and 2 teams. I get called every now and then as a substitute for someone that can not make it. Some of the charities I do not play in but will make a cash contribution or prize contribution especially for the Shriners. I will not play in anymore Shriners events because there was a lot of hooplah one year. We won it legit and some old fart raised hell because I was a Pro because technically I was and still am. But there were 6 other teams I know of with several mini tour pros and a couple of club pros on them. In fact our 6 teams had a private calcutta and skins game on the side. i actually took my individual prizes and donated them back to the Shriners for the auction so did all the other pros. My partner in the golf shop his FIL was a wheel in the Shriners at the time. We had a discussion a couple of weeks later about that. Some folks claimed that the teams were stacked and the everyday Joe golfer did not have a chance. So basically all us local pros decided in the future not to play that event The ones raising the most hell were the ones to be known cheaters in other scramble events. This event was well Policed by the Shriners. In fact half of the winnings on the private calcutta were donated back to the Shriners as well as the entire skins pot since no one won that outright. I have thought on quite a few occasions of getting my AM status back and showing up to that event waiving my reinstatement papers. then I thought what the hell for?? Those miserable cheating old farts will find something else to complain about. Usually I donate cash or like 13 grips or something to the Shriners. We had several groups around the beach that played in scramble events somewhere every weekend and got to be known as cheats. Got to hurting some of the charities entry wise. There kinda got to be a "list" and some of the charities went to refusing their entries. Actually we tried to get some of those "cheat teams" to play in some money calcutta tournaments here but they did not bite. I was asked to Police a event at my home course by our GM one time. It was a Church event . 2 of those reputation teams were in it and I dogged them all day. And BTW they did not win or take any prizes. I told them let me catch you one time and you are DQed period end of discussion. The simple way to police cheating in these events is to pair them up in 8 somes that is what is done in every big money calcutta I have played in. That Church event my GM was thinking he told the church folks let them enter take their money but they will not win. He had a hard on for them as I did and he put me on it since he could not because he was an employee. I even had a clipboard marking their Mulligans off they got 4 per team. Like you said I got tired of all the BS

A rescheduled scramble event for today. $75 or $100 a man, three man teams, I hope rain doesn't cancel the event. I doubt many will show up, windy, rainy, and kind of cold as I write

Take care, guys.

Boy, that seems awfully late in the season to be running a scramble, at least in this part of the world!

I used to go in a few every year, but got tired of all the BS as you say. Too bad because the events I patronized were all worthwhile fundraisers, but either the timing or the venue or the quality of the event began to be a problem in my eyes, so I haven't played in any for a few years now. The only one that I went in the past couple of seasons was the staff scramble and BBQ at the course I worked at. It was free and was always about having fun rather than worrying about the bragging rites.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Take care, guys.

I am going to sound like one cheap SOB here but I do not play in scrambles unless it is free to me. Like you I am too old and tired for the BS mainly cheating. One scramble I play in yearly is sorta co sponsored by the company I work for but LOL I played on their team before I ever went to work for them. Actually the first year they had it we had the golf shop. We sponsored a hole and 2 teams. I get called every now and then as a substitute for someone that can not make it. Some of the charities I do not play in but will make a cash contribution or prize contribution especially for the Shriners. I will not play in anymore Shriners events because there was a lot of hooplah one year. We won it legit and some old fart raised hell because I was a Pro because technically I was and still am. But there were 6 other teams I know of with several mini tour pros and a couple of club pros on them. In fact our 6 teams had a private calcutta and skins game on the side. i actually took my individual prizes and donated them back to the Shriners for the auction so did all the other pros. My partner in the golf shop his FIL was a wheel in the Shriners at the time. We had a discussion a couple of weeks later about that. Some folks claimed that the teams were stacked and the everyday Joe golfer did not have a chance. So basically all us local pros decided in the future not to play that event The ones raising the most hell were the ones to be known cheaters in other scramble events. This event was well Policed by the Shriners. In fact half of the winnings on the private calcutta were donated back to the Shriners as well as the entire skins pot since no one won that outright. I have thought on quite a few occasions of getting my AM status back and showing up to that event waiving my reinstatement papers. then I thought what the hell for?? Those miserable cheating old farts will find something else to complain about. Usually I donate cash or like 13 grips or something to the Shriners. We had several groups around the beach that played in scramble events somewhere every weekend and got to be known as cheats. Got to hurting some of the charities entry wise. There kinda got to be a "list" and some of the charities went to refusing their entries. Actually we tried to get some of those "cheat teams" to play in some money calcutta tournaments here but they did not bite. I was asked to Police a event at my home course by our GM one time. It was a Church event . 2 of those reputation teams were in it and I dogged them all day. And BTW they did not win or take any prizes. I told them let me catch you one time and you are DQed period end of discussion. The simple way to police cheating in these events is to pair them up in 8 somes that is what is done in every big money calcutta I have played in. That Church event my GM was thinking he told the church folks let them enter take their money but they will not win. He had a hard on for them as I did and he put me on it since he could not because he was an employee. I even had a clipboard marking their Mulligans off they got 4 per team. Like you said I got tired of all the BS

Yeah we had league scrambles at the end of the year which were free, but company scramble that cost $50 each. Allegedly to pay for the price of prizes and meals.. what the? Prizes should be prizes, they also ended up being things like bags of tees, and obscure drivers and putters that suppliers donated, brands you never heard of. The meals were homemade by some of the ladies in the shop, good, but the $50 was way high, so if it was a big day, for your $50 you got a bag of tees, maybe $10 for your portion of winning the scramble, and a brat and beans and mac salad, cole slaw, chips and a cookie, or brownie (home made) and a coke. So with the coke, like they would say down south, what kind of coke, we have coke and mountain dew? hahaha

good evening Grillers, been a busy day for you all I see. We are removing the tiger grass we planted to hide our water tanks, thought it was a good idea but it is out of control, back to the original idea, build a fence.

Sleep tight.

Photo uploader stopped working, this is the job half finished, the tiger grass is 10ft high, only roots to dig out now, no idea how deep they are but they are not moving after 1 hour of trying the first one.

Jeez, that's wild looking stuff! Makes me better appreciate the slow growing stuff that I'm more familiar with in this climate. It's funny, but I was almost thinking what a nice break winter was going to be from the constant attention a garden takes (and lawn) during the growing season! The landscaper came through yesterday afternoon for the fall clean-up; pruning the trees, dead heading the perennials and digging up the annuals that had succumbed to frost. #1 son is coming this afternoon to help put away the patio furniture and empty out and store the last to planter pots. It seems as though we've gone directly from summer to winter, just a little bit earlier than normal. Don't know whether we'll get any Indian summer or not as we went from almost 80 one week to snow the next! (Not right here, but not far away)

Wild stuff indeed, it is only three years old.the root balls are 3-4 ft across and are solid. The only way we are going toget them out is with an axe, a job for next week.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Reasy, I'm pleased to hear that you have come out the other side of all this hurricane business in one piece and you are slowing getting back to normal. It has been quite some time since I've experienced a major weather event on that scale, probably going back to one of the big ice storms that brought down transmission lines by the hundreds and left some areas without power for 3 weeks or longer. We were fortunate to be out for only four days and even then got off easily due to having backup power.

Just the other day I was viewing photos ans video on the Weather network taken from Mexico Beach on the Florida Panhandle and could not believe the destruction from the storm surge! :swoon: It's a heck of a thing when Mother Nature goes on the warpath!

What amazed me during the hurricane crisis was the out pouring of well wishers and concern from not only WRX members but MGS members as well. Reasy remembers i had to ask how to dump my PM box because it got full fast. I had WRX members that I had not even posted with inquiring and showing concern not to mention my regular buds on here and the Classics forum. MGS is a little different it is a smaller site and really close knit because it is so much smaller still had to dump my PM box there a couple of times. Had so many offers for shelter and help from complete strangers on here. I told my wife what was ironic was the fact we had inquiries and offers of help from complete strangers and her brother has not called to this day to inquire about us. Reasy he is up in the Charlotte area. I told her I bet the farm and all I could beg borrow and steal that he checked the "death list" to see and when he realized we survived he did not care. If we had succumbed to the hurricane he would have been here as soon as they would let him in with his hand out. But buddy boy would he have been dissapointed. All our meager possessions are willed to 2 churches that we attend. ROTFLMAO!!! I can see the Episcopal church in the antique golf business. Oh yeah he will get lonely during the holidays and want money to come down here. I told her to hang up on him when he calls. He does not want me to answer the phone because he will get an earful from me. Hate to be hard line but I have had enough of him. Seems funny to me that sometimes total strangers had more concern for us than my wife's own brother

Funny things families, as the saying goes” you can pick your friends but not your family” since we have bn in Australia we have ceased talking to any of my family 3 brothers and a sister it’s easier to pretend they are not there than have all the rubbish.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Take care, guys.

Cheating is the reason I stoped playing club competitions, but the thing that made the decision for me was when a member of our group hit a bad fairway shot with a wood and then proceeded to smash it against the cart. The other notable cheat was an older couple marking each others cards playing in a pairs comp wiped every hole and then won their grade on the day. I tried to talk to someone about it but they were not interested, I found out later they were something to do with the club management. Only play social now and that also allows me to use OGA rules.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I can see too much liquid refreshments been downed tonight, a regular Saturday night thing over there. Wake up refreshed and perhaps there may be a slight chance of some activity in the Grille. :)

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Sixty,it appears you were correct in your thoughts on the Buckeyes. I dont think they will be in the top 4 rankings after tonight !

Ya, losing by 29 to the non ranked Boilermakers.........the same kinda loss that derailed them from

making the playoffs last year. Ouch, a 49-20 thrashing. Has to be very painful for Buckeye Nation.

The playoff picture looks wide open now with Georgia falling last week and now Ohio State falling

tonight.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

First storm of the season, ran through 30 mins ago heavy rain lightening! Power out, all good now power back on rain gone.

These storms are always very fast moving takes very little time to go100 miles, radar shows it moving out to sea, so our friends who live on an island just off the coast are now being hit.

All good.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Yeah, my DW and I have been saying for weeks of watching the Buckeyes this year they are over ranked... #2 was way generous. They are a bit sluggish, and now without Bosa, but it's much of the defense. The offense needs help too, kind of like a car is long past a tune up. :dntknw: Plus maybe they should use their scrambling quarterback more, Martell... things just aren't gonna happen this season.

I'm sure there will be lots of Buckeye fans who will whine when they are dropped down in the rankings to whatever level "more than they deserve" but reality is reality. And I know there was a time Clemson beat Bama having been beaten by an unranked team, but this team doesn't quite have the energy it needs (neither do the coaches) to be ranked so highly.

There's a guy at work who lives and breathes Buckeye 365/24/7... Should be interesting to hear on Monday how Purdue cheated... hahahaha

Yeah, my DW and I have been saying for weeks of watching the Buckeyes this year they are over ranked... #2 was way generous. They are a bit sluggish, and now without Bosa, but it's much of the defense. The offense needs help too, kind of like a car is long past a tune up. :dntknw: Plus maybe they should use their scrambling quarterback more, Martell... things just aren't gonna happen this season.

I'm sure there will be lots of Buckeye fans who will whine when they are dropped down in the rankings to whatever level "more than they deserve" but reality is reality. And I know there was a time Clemson beat Bama having been beaten by an unranked team, but this team doesn't quite have the energy it needs (neither do the coaches) to be ranked so highly.

There's a guy at work who lives and breathes Buckeye 365/24/7... Should be interesting to hear on Monday how Purdue cheated... hahahaha

OMG!! glad I did not eat at the little restaurant / bar up the street last night while the wife worked. They are a bunch of Ohio State fans for college football but big Redskins fans for the pros. I bet that place was like a tomb last night. Kinda odd ball but a lot of the employees are from Ohio and the owners are from the DC area of Virginia. Me I do not get into any of it whether it be Clemson / Carolina or Ohio State. Seems like to me down here you are one of the three. If people push me I tell them I am a TCU fan or Brigham Young fan--- That shuts them up and they leave me alone with puzzled looks on their faces. On the pro side of things around here believe it or not there are not that many Panthers fans. In SC the Panthers are viewed as mostly a Charlotte / NC thing. Most of the folks here are either Steelers or New England fans but mostly Steelers. Most of the Ohio State fans are Steelers fans go figure that one out. Me I do not get into any of that I do not even keep up with NASCAR any more. It is ok if folks are into all of that but it is not my cup of tea. I mostly work , play golf, piddle in the shop or yard and go to church. I hardly keep up with current events in the world. Someone said we live a boring life. I shot back with my growl "by whose standards?" We like the life we lead now. BTW I have pulled that Brigham Young gag for so long some folks think I am Mormon and there is not a Mormon church I know of in the Grand Strand. And besides I know absolutely zilch about the Mormon religion or doctrine. That was just a gag I started 10 years or so ago to get people to leave me alone and it works

Almost an incident at the course yesterday. I drove to the course around 12:30 or so. As I'm driving in , not a golfer in sight, but the parking lot had 20 cars in it. I figure the scramble is finished and they're all eating in the clubhouse. I put on my golf shoes, and walked to the third tee, which overlooks "most" of the course. I then see a fivesome on one, a fivesome on the second tee, and a fivesome approaching the seventh tee. I think I'm clear to play a few holes.

I tee a ball on #3, hit down the middle and long. As I begin walking, I see a fivesome, somewhere in the right rough. Don't think they saw me or my tee shot, so I figure, "Get out of here." I even left the ball.

When I'm driving out, that fivesome is on the third green, and not noticing me.

It's odd how that golf course is laid out, where driving in, looks like an empty course.

I took a nice autumn drive, and stopped off to get gas, before returning home.

OMG!! glad I did not eat at the little restaurant / bar up the street last night while the wife worked. They are a bunch of Ohio State fans for college football but big Redskins fans for the pros. I bet that place was like a tomb last night. Kinda odd ball but a lot of the employees are from Ohio and the owners are from the DC area of Virginia. Me I do not get into any of it whether it be Clemson / Carolina or Ohio State. Seems like to me down here you are one of the three. If people push me I tell them I am a TCU fan or Brigham Young fan--- That shuts them up and they leave me alone with puzzled looks on their faces. On the pro side of things around here believe it or not there are not that many Panthers fans. In SC the Panthers are viewed as mostly a Charlotte / NC thing. Most of the folks here are either Steelers or New England fans but mostly Steelers. Most of the Ohio State fans are Steelers fans go figure that one out. Me I do not get into any of that I do not even keep up with NASCAR any more. It is ok if folks are into all of that but it is not my cup of tea. I mostly work , play golf, piddle in the shop or yard and go to church. I hardly keep up with current events in the world. Someone said we live a boring life. I shot back with my growl "by whose standards?" We like the life we lead now. BTW I have pulled that Brigham Young gag for so long some folks think I am Mormon and there is not a Mormon church I know of in the Grand Strand. And besides I know absolutely zilch about the Mormon religion or doctrine. That was just a gag I started 10 years or so ago to get people to leave me alone and it works

Definitely better off and much safer not getting involved with avid sports fans, used to play rugby union back in the day and when sometimes a game was cancelled we would go to a first division soccer game, the fans there were feral, it was take your life in your hands if you spoke the wrong words. It’s no wonder there are fights at the games with the trouble they are always looking for.

There was one English soccer team Millwall and their fans were banned from all away games, they had a squad of supporters who deliberately went to games to cause trouble.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Almost an incident at the course yesterday. I drove to the course around 12:30 or so. As I'm driving in , not a golfer in sight, but the parking lot had 20 cars in it. I figure the scramble is finished and they're all eating in the clubhouse. I put on my golf shoes, and walked to the third tee, which overlooks "most" of the course. I then see a fivesome on one, a fivesome on the second tee, and a fivesome approaching the seventh tee. I think I'm clear to play a few holes.

I tee a ball on #3, hit down the middle and long. As I begin walking, I see a fivesome, somewhere in the right rough. Don't think they saw me or my tee shot, so I figure, "Get out of here." I even left the ball.

It's odd how that golf course is laid out, where driving in, looks like an empty course.

A fivesome is not normally allowed on the golf course, we have a course marshall that breaks them up, takes far too long as they always seem to dawdle along.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

A fivesome is not normally allowed on the golf course, we have a course marshall that breaks them up, takes far too long as they always seem to dawdle along.

The same at our course too. No fivesomes as it just kills the pace of play. In fact, if the course is full, twosomes will be put together whether they like it or not. I get that some folks lack confidence and they don't want o play with strangers as they feel pressure to perform, but honestly, how else are you going to meet new folks if you won't accept playing with someone else. I know of several groups that were established out of a forced pairing on a busy day. They actually enjoyed playing with each other and it became a regular thing! Who knew? ;)

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

The same at our course too. No fivesomes as it just kills the pace of play. In fact, if the course is full, twosomes will be put together whether they like it or not. I get that some folks lack confidence and they don't want o play with strangers as they feel pressure to perform, but honestly, how else are you going to meet new folks if you won't accept playing with someone else. I know of several groups that were established out of a forced pairing on a busy day. They actually enjoyed playing with each other and it became a regular thing! Who knew? ;)

Playing one Sunday with my son and there was an American visitor wanting a game so we asked him to join us, we had a really good day and he was a true gentleman. Don’t know why but several groups had refused him.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

our club( semi- private)..allows fivesomes ...but no sixes...they started this 2 years ago,by putting a sign in the entry door.

Turns out one of the slowest,most arrogant,no=one gets thru - fivesomes happens to include 3 members of the Board of Directors.

Membership is down last two years...and still dropping. I am all for the growing the game thing,but not by giving the local youth EVERY afternoon

monday thru friday,from 4pm till dark for the whole month of april and may and june and again mid august thru oct. So,between league play in the mornings and anywhere from one to three school buses in the evenings,we non leaguers are left with the heat of the day to play.. I personally know five guys who

have not renewed memberships and i would guess there will be more next year. I am even thinking of changing and i have been a member

here since 2000... and no..i and my friends wont run...we are totally non political...seen way to much over our working lives..lol

The school buses are coming from as far as 40 miles away..the courses in their area wont do this,so they are using ours. Like I

said,grow the game,but not by chasing your older members away. Cant see the good in that.

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Gee whiz, what's the world coming to? I made it to a golf course twice this month!

A group of us went out for breakfast after church to Southbrook GC. They have been doing this periodically since the spring. It was only the second time that I decided to join and I'm glad that I did. They have the best breakfast this side of, well how's about the Grille! Cheap too even with a bottomless coffee! Heck, I'd go every week even if I never play another round of golf the rest of my life! Besides, I've got other things on my mind right now as I look at pictures of Sonya Vergara and Rhonda Rousey splashed across the bottom of the page courtesy of the sponsored links the WRX features... :blush:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

our club( semi- private)..allows fivesomes ...but no sixes...they started this 2 years ago,by putting a sign in the entry door.

Turns out one of the slowest,most arrogant,no=one gets thru - fivesomes happens to include 3 members of the Board of Directors.

Membership is down last two years...and still dropping. I am all for the growing the game thing,but not by giving the local youth EVERY afternoon

monday thru friday,from 4pm till dark for the whole month of april and may and june and again mid august thru oct. So,between league play in the mornings and anywhere from one to three school buses in the evenings,we non leaguers are left with the heat of the day to play.. I personally know five guys who

have not renewed memberships and i would guess there will be more next year. I am even thinking of changing and i have been a member

here since 2000... and no..i and my friends wont run...we are totally non political...seen way to much over our working lives..lol

The school buses are coming from as far as 40 miles away..the courses in their area wont do this,so they are using ours. Like I

said,grow the game,but not by chasing your older members away. Cant see the good in that.

My local club is also public access, we used to play Mondays or Fridays and the course was always full from 5.30am in summer and 7am in winter, the committee then decided it was spending too much and so required more cash. A special meeting of members was called where they told us there would be a one off levy to be paid within a week, if it was not paid all playing rights would be suspended, this was to members who were fully paid up and most had been members for years. There was a core of competition players but mostly we all played social so these two days were always full, the other five days always had a competition. Within a week of the meeting 150 members had resigned and joined other clubs, that was seven years ago and it has not picked back up since then, you can still pick a time on social days and the weekend competitions have only now started to have more participants.

The problem started when they had a general meeting that was not advertised, it was attended by the friends of the committee, the meeting was called to give the committee permission to spend more money without a general meeting. At that time they could spend $10,000 without a meeting, this was enough to run the club and have maintenance projects completed, they had their friends vote in a $100, 000 limit, they then proceeded to spend that amount on a web page for the club, subsequent committees have discarded that one and now use another one which is far inferior. This was only one example of their spending spree, resulting in an empty bank balance.

During the meeting I had my say and was firmly told your membership may not be renewed as I was not in agreement with them, I was one of the drop outs, cancelled.my membership, they are now in regular contact by post attempting to get me to rejoin, which I may do shortly, but the upshot was that one meeting almost closed the club.

The question is why do so many golf clubs have idiots running them?

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I've never belonged to a private club. Don't think I ever will at this point. I'm doomed to play public

golf, I guess. The good thing is no one can assess me when they get a wild hair.

SLED Gemini

This.

So true Sco. The guys I've played the most golf with at home are guys I had randomly been

paired with and we enjoyed each other's company and continued to play together after that.

SLED Gemini

Actually I would be delighted to play again with the 2 Grillsters I've played with thus far; Scotee and MC.

The problem is we live so far away from each other. I'm still holding out hope that we can have a Grille

Golftogether somewhere before we all croak. I don't have a bucket list per se but if I did I think that would

be on it.

BTW, what's up with Fella? Has anyone heard from him? Lobstah? Spooky?

SLED Gemini

Actually I would be delighted to play again with the 2 Grillsters I've played with thus far; Scotee and MC.

The problem is we live so far away from each other. I'm still holding out hope that we can have a Grille

Golftogether somewhere before we all croak. I don't have a bucket list per se but if I did I think that would

be on it.

BTW, what's up with Fella? Has anyone heard from him? Lobstah? Spooky?

PM d Fella last week, no reply so I hope he is OK.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Got my snowblower working over the weekend. It didn't run last the one time I needed it, I figured it was old gas, but I decided this summer at some point to try and start it, but it wouldn't, so I figured it was just old gas that was in it. As a last resort I put an NGK plug in it, and it fired right up. I let it run a while so I could put a fresh plug in it. I bought it new about 6 years ago , and have only used it about times, so it still looks new. Poor thing it just sits there. I have a feeling I may need it this year, we're due.

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)