2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

I've gone back and forth on posting about this today as I was in the wrong.  That said, usually there's a reason behind a person's actions other than pure cussedness.  But, in this day and age, that doesn't seem to matter and recriminations flow...

AS you have gathered by now I was the recipient of some COVID rage earlier today.  I was in a local grocery store that I don't normally go to.  I only had a few things to pick up and I was there because the kitty litter was on sale.

I sanitized before I enter the store as per request and then head to the produce department.  Took me a while to sleuth out the romaine lettuce.  I usually buy heads in a package.  After a bit of time I spot them and dig them out from behind some other packaged lettuce.  Both packages were a week over their best before date so I put them back.  I continue to look at some other options.  Obviously I'm not going to get what I'm looking for.

When I settle on a fresh head and am struggling to get the produce bag to separate with my dried out sanitized hands this generation Xer in her leggings and neon hair loses it.  She proceeds to dress me down for touching every package in the display and contaminating them with my germs when the sign clearly states that don't touch if you don't intend to buy.  She threatens to call the manager to which I thought; let's do that because I had a thing or two to say to the manager.  Needless to say I was taken aback, but I had to concede that she did have a point.

I never responded to her, just looked at her with a certain amount of disbelief.  I didn't think of it at the time, but I seem to recall that I saw her full face as she was talking down to me which means that she didn't have her mask on, but maybe I misremembered.  I think my silence only aggravated her even more as she stormed off to the bakery as I continued on my way.

I have said it before and I'll say it again.  It's not the virus that going to be the real tragedy of this pandemic; it's how we treat one another, especially strangers.  Pretty clear that the trend is we're all enemies now... 😟

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

5 hours ago, Qqq123xx said:

Keeps reposting my previous post. So lets try this and see if it works. 

I was weaned on Molson. Never hardly drank commercial beers like Spudweiser etc. Just about always some type of Molson, Labatts or Tuborg. Never Moosehead always gave me serious gas. 

Started my drinking at 17 with Little King Ale. Moved to PBR, in the seventies it was considered top shelf for us. Never understood why. Then on to Budweiser then Bud Lite. Now, I don’t drink beer , but did start Jameson and Ginger Ale for about 10 years, well let say the first two then straight up Jameson. Now I drink margaritas and rum drinks that a taste more like Hawaiian Punch than alcohol. They’re dangerous if you don’t stop. Tequila and rum make me braver than I should be. I was built like a lover not a fighter when young, now built like a trash can.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

5 hours ago, Qqq123xx said:

Keeps reposting my previous post. So lets try this and see if it works. 

I was weaned on Molson. Never hardly drank commercial beers like Spudweiser etc. Just about always some type of Molson, Labatts or Tuborg. Never Moosehead always gave me serious gas. 

Started my drinking at 17 with Little King Ale. Moved to PBR, in the seventies it was considered top shelf for us. Never understood why. Then on to Budweiser then Bud Lite. Now, I don’t drink beer , but did start Jameson and Ginger Ale for about 10 years, well let say the first two then straight up Jameson. Now I drink margaritas and rum drinks that a taste more like Hawaiian Punch than alcohol. They’re dangerous if you don’t stop. Tequila and rum make me braver than I should be. I was built like a lover not a fighter when young, now built like a trash can.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

19 minutes ago, Qqq123xx said:

Even though they're the same, it was an honor getting three (3) posts from you NTL. 

NTL reputation gathering (NTTAWWT).  Since we distribute them like confetti, I'll oblige.  Shoulda had two more of same in order to run the table of reps.  

• Like 4

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

4 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Me I do not take anyones crap--- I would given her one of my looks which the wife says will melt plate steel and then basically told her to **** off. 

I've been involved in a few too many confrontational exchanges this year with all but this one occurring at the golf course while I was working.  It gets a bit old after a while.

By nature I'm not an aggressive person.  I don't enjoy confrontation.  If there's one thing I have learned over the years is that it's better to attempt to diffuse the situation rather than escalate things.  If that's not possible, then you just walk away which really seems to piss off someone who's looking for a fight.

AS far as this woman was concerned she was rude and demeaning.  I suspect that this has been difficult for her these past months most likely with young children and being fed this constant barrage of fear mongering from public health officials.  In her mind it's people like me that spread the disease when in fact that's not what the evidence points to.  Her unmasked rebuke was far more dangerous especially when she was intent on getting right up in my grill, so I turned away from her.

I'm sure she told someone.  I can have a rational conversation with an employee not some irate customer.  A few moments later an employee asked if I needed assistance in finding anything to which I declined.  I gathered my items headed to the self checkout and left the store.

The simple solution is to not shop at this particular store again.  I wonder how many other folks will be convinced of the same?  Needless to say, I'm not feeling particularly charitable when it comes to my local community at this moment.  There have been other instances that left a bad taste in my mouth.  I've done my best to support local merchants, but when I can order whatever I want hassle free online and have it delivered or travel further afield and get what I want without incident the locals are going to end up being the losers.  C'est la vie...😕

• Like 4

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

20 hours ago, scomac2002 said:

I've been involved in a few too many confrontational exchanges this year with all but this one occurring at the golf course while I was working.  It gets a bit old after a while.

By nature I'm not an aggressive person.  I don't enjoy confrontation.  If there's one thing I have learned over the years is that it's better to attempt to diffuse the situation rather than escalate things.  If that's not possible, then you just walk away which really seems to piss off someone who's looking for a fight.

AS far as this woman was concerned she was rude and demeaning.  I suspect that this has been difficult for her these past months most likely with young children and being fed this constant barrage of fear mongering from public health officials.  In her mind it's people like me that spread the disease when in fact that's not what the evidence points to.  Her unmasked rebuke was far more dangerous especially when she was intent on getting right up in my grill, so I turned away from her.

I'm sure she told someone.  I can have a rational conversation with an employee not some irate customer.  A few moments later an employee asked if I needed assistance in finding anything to which I declined.  I gathered my items headed to the self checkout and left the store.

The simple solution is to not shop at this particular store again.  I wonder how many other folks will be convinced of the same?  Needless to say, I'm not feeling particularly charitable when it comes to my local community at this moment.  There have been other instances that left a bad taste in my mouth.  I've done my best to support local merchants, but when I can order whatever I want hassle free online and have it delivered or travel further afield and get what I want without incident the locals are going to end up being the losers.  C'est la vie...😕

Like you we are trying to support local businesses. But service what is left of it has went to hell in a handbasket. And sorta to defend them no one wants to work any more. Restaurants and stores are begging for help here local and chain businesses alike.

• Like 4

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

15 minutes ago, Conrad1953 said:

I almost feel guilty posting this....................almost

Tallassee, AL

OCTOBER 22 - NOVEMBER 2

THU10/22

82° /67°

FRI10/23

80° /66°

SAT10/24

78° /64°

SUN10/25

81° /64°

MON10/26

83° /64°

TUE10/27

83° /65°

WED10/28

77° /59°

THU10/29

75° /62°

FRI10/30

75° /53°

SAT10/31

72° /52°

SUN11/1

73° /51°

MON11/2

71° /52°

Yeah, yeah, rub it in.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

We used to have several internet providers, some of them shared infrastructure, others had their own. Then came along the government with a brilliant idea, lets give everyone a fast reliable internet service, so they implemented the national broadband network. 

All other services were then on notice, they could still have customers because the NBN authority would not deal direct with the public, they did a compulsory purchase order on all infrastructure, then had super duper stuff made to make it quicker. 

The idea was to connect every single house and business in Australia to the NBN, this was around seven years ago and some still do not have any internet. The system cost the taxpayer billions of dollars and in not one tenth as efficient as the old systems they have replaced. When it was eventually connected it was compulsory to change to it, a notice was sent to the house instructing you to do it within a week or lose internet. 

So we went through the providers, trying several until we found one that was reliable, but never mind the provider who rented the data management off the NBN, the problem now was the infrastructure suddenly became fragile, where the old system had cables buried deep, the new system had them  close to the surface so many of them were cut by builders and workers going through their normal day, also the equipment they used was not reliable and was not installed by competent technicians, these second rate people are paid an enormous amount of money. Several cables were not suitable for the purpose they were used, installation was shoddy, connections were not completed, so all in all it was and still is utter rubbish.

We have now been out of internet for nearly a week, as you can see we have back, son working from home has had to use his phone to keep working, fortunately this has been fast enough to complete his programming.

The system.
We are without internet, we phone provider who checks their systems, no fault so they contact NBN help desk, no reported outages so we will investigate, send message to NBN head office, they now contact a contractor who will then eventually contact us and come out to investigate, this  bit takes 5 days and could be much longer if major repairs are required.

One of the original providers from way back are now installing their own cables and are going to compete with the NBN, they will obviously be competative as the NBN goes through so many hands giving them all a good pay day.

Rant over, internet back on, plenty to catch up on.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Just got home from playing with #1 son.  This is the first time since 2016 I believe, although he says that we have played since then.  It's also the first round of 18 on a regulation course that I have played in 3 years.

WE played at Chedoke Golf Club which is an old heritage course that was originally opened about 1898 I think with 9 holes.  It's a 36 hole muni now belonging to the city (where my son lives).  WE headed out this morning at 9:30 at 7°C, so it was cold.  Fortunately there was little in the way of wind and it was dry, although pretty greasy from heavy overnight rains.

The Martin course is par 70 (37/33) and 5800 yards with a 3400/2400 split.  Man was that front nine long!  I had a rough stretch of holes from 2-6 going +14 on those holes.  The back was considerably better playing it at bogie except for two holes.  Ended up with an even 100.  First time I had a score like that that I was proud of.  Had I putted a bit better mid 90's would have been in the cards.  Only lost one ball too.  I guess that's one of the advantages of being a short knocker. 🤣

What I did discover is that the long game comes around when you're continually hitting driver off the tee and fairway woods on approach.  My overall game would improve if I played a full length course regularly I'm sure.

I heard earlier this summer that the Chedoke courses are for sale.  I wanted to play there one last time should they end up coming under the developers shovel in the name of more condominium housing  with easy access to green space.  The rail trail system runs along the course so you meet up with hikers, dog walkers and cyclists over the course of a round.

• Like 4

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

1 hour ago, scomac2002 said:

Just got home from playing with #1 son.  This is the first time since 2016 I believe, although he says that we have played since then.  It's also the first round of 18 on a regulation course that I have played in 3 years.

WE played at Chedoke Golf Club which is an old heritage course that was originally opened about 1898 I think with 9 holes.  It's a 36 hole muni now belonging to the city (where my son lives).  WE headed out this morning at 9:30 at 7°C, so it was cold.  Fortunately there was little in the way of wind and it was dry, although pretty greasy from heavy overnight rains.

The Martin course is par 70 (37/33) and 5800 yards with a 3400/2400 split.  Man was that front nine long!  I had a rough stretch of holes from 2-6 going +14 on those holes.  The back was considerably better playing it at bogie except for two holes.  Ended up with an even 100.  First time I had a score like that that I was proud of.  Had I putted a bit better mid 90's would have been in the cards.  Only lost one ball too.  I guess that's one of the advantages of being a short knocker. 🤣

What I did discover is that the long game comes around when you're continually hitting driver off the tee and fairway woods on approach.  My overall game would improve if I played a full length course regularly I'm sure.

I heard earlier this summer that the Chedoke courses are for sale.  I wanted to play there one last time should they end up coming under the developers shovel in the name of more condominium housing  with easy access to green space.  The rail trail system runs along the course so you meet up with hikers, dog walkers and cyclists over the course of a round.

Wow, 1000 yards is a big difference in 9s from the same tee box. 3400 is pretty long for us 

older guys for sure. I guess there's a good reason the course is set up that way; there usually is.

• Like 4

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)