2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

WRXer Plays In First Professional Tour Event!!!

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sammy,

I am glad I found this thread, I may be late coming to the party, but congratulations on your accomplishment!. I wish you all the very best going forward. I agree with your comments on negative post and the impacts they can have on dreams. I have 3 young girls playing golf. I encourage but don't push, however I remind them that they can accomplish whatever they want in life and cant allow someone's negativity to hold them back, they have to push through the barriers. I look forward to following your success. Your positive approach is setting a good example for others.

Great job Sammy. Reading about your enthusiasm and love for golf is great. This thread has been so positive and uplifting, it almost brings a tear to my eye. I have a son who is on the spectrum, and I also have two typical daughters that I am trying to get into the game. I wish you were out here on the west coast, i'd love to you in action. Keep it the good work

Rogue ST LS
Rogue ST Max 15

UW 19

Epic 4H
New Level 902 OS 5-PW
SM5 48.10F, Raw Jaws 52.10S, 60.10 FT

LAB Link1

Congrats Sammy and continued success! Like many others have said, you've got a new fan wishing you the best both on and off the course.

By the way, how did you end up a Canucks fan? (I'm from Vancouver)

Tsi3 7.25* Velocore Black 6x

Tsi3 16.5* Tensei Raw White 75x

TM P770 3i Velocore Black HB 9x

Mizuno YORO MP5 4-PW - Modus 120x

TM MG 51*, 55*

TM Hi Toe 64*

Yamada Emperor 34"

Snell MTBx

Sammy, the last time I saw you on WRX you were getting trolled for your autism. You represented yourself with class during those exchanges and I'm sure you are representing WRX with the same class in the real world. Best of luck to you and I have always been a fan of your posts. Now I will be a fan of your game.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

Congrats Sammy! I remember reading a post you made about swinging with your chest a few years ago, that thought helped me a lot.

What does Geoff have you working on?

Basically not backing out of it on the backswings (the upper body barrel) , using the turn to move the club , ands just using a heavy club to feel how to load it better. It feels looser , a little more out of control , but i was too tense tryings to hold the positions for awhile. I do slow motion stuffs to the top to feel the set. It is has been just over a year when i started ands i tweaked every part of it. It is nots really hard , it just takes time. There are not shortcuts to improve in things. I am more trying to trust it finally. In the past i was tense ands trying to put the club in places , always blaming my swing , always doubting which is my nature.

Geoff speaks very highly of you and your work ethic. Your above comment really hit home. I was away from golf for about 7 months. But did heavy driver , impact bag and slow mo drills exclusively for that period. Now i am not nearly as talented as you are ... but i came back from the break swinging better that ever.

Congrats Sammy / goobers80! You have achieved much already, and, have many more achievements to come. Cheers.

• Callaway Epic Max LS 10.5; Mitsubishi Diamana TB 60 S; 45.5”
  • Taylormade SIM Max 3w and 5w; Mitsubishi Diamana BF 70 S; 43.25” & 42.25”
  • Mizuno '21 CLK 19, 22 & 25; Fujikura Speeder EVO 75 HB Graphite S; Std L/L/L; sub for 5w, 4i & 5i
  • PXG 0311 P GEN3 PW-4i; Aerotech Steelfiber i95 stiff ; Std L/+0.75"/2 up
  • Vokey SM9 50F8 & 54S10 and SM8 58M8; Mitsubishi MMT 105 S in 50 & KBS 610 Wedge R+ in 54 & 58; Std L/+0.75"/1 up
  • Odyssey White Hot OG #1 Stroke Lab Putter; 35/74; stock Odyssey grip
  • JumboMax JMX UltraLite small on all clubs except putter

Congrats on your success, and remember to take a step back and enjoy yourself. Competing on a professional stage is something most of us can only dream of, and you've gone out and done it! That's absolutely tremendous, and deserves a pat on the back. Best of luck in your future endeavors, we're all rooting for you!

I love this thread.

Sammy, you said in an earlier post: "As you know i am more abouts the process over the results"

I'm just a hack, but it seems to me that you have this crazy game more figured out than 99% of the folks who tee it up. Good on ya! Keep it up.

That viewpoint will take you way past most folks in this game. I look forward to hearing more about your exploits.

Sammy --- Sorry I am late on this-- I have been working my butt off lately but enjoying my work--- I am glad you took a giant leap forward---- Yep you have a lot of us folks pulling for you--- Like I have told you many times before do not ever give up----- On the putting thing I will suggest looking at some of Dave Stockton's stuff on U-Tube or Ben Crenshaw's stuff either-- it will give you some basics to develop your own style--- Like I said if you get to play down this way this old big guy will come to see you play LOL even though I am not as big any more as my Avaitar shows me to be I have lost close to 50 lbs---- If you ever get to the Myrtle Beach area you and your folks look me up I am mostly around Indian Wells in the Garden City Beach area which is my home course (every one knows me) or Founders Club in Pawley's Island---- Like I said keep to the old grindstone you can do it--- Experience is the best teacher

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Fox meadow

Congrats Sammy! I used to see you at the driving range in NJ! Continued success

Which one was that ?

Titleist Ts2 10.5* GD DI 6x
Titliest 915 5w 18* GD DI 7x
Callaway Apex 23*h Oban Devotion 
Callaway Apex 26*h GD DI 85x
Srixon 785 6-PW Nippon 105 Modus
Titleist SM7 50*, 54*, 58* Nippon 115 Modus 
Odyssey #7 Plumber Neck 
2018 Taylormade tp5

https://www.instagram.com/benzoducky/ 

Fox meadow

Which one was that ?

Did we like formally meet ever , or did you just know i was there ? It has been awhile since i stopped going.

When it is time for you to turn pro I think we should do a GoFundMe or something. A player sponsored by ... Players!

I would not feel comfortable doing that , but i think i should be alright with that part of things.

Sammy --- Sorry I am late on this-- I have been working my butt off lately but enjoying my work--- I am glad you took a giant leap forward---- Yep you have a lot of us folks pulling for you--- Like I have told you many times before do not ever give up----- On the putting thing I will suggest looking at some of Dave Stockton's stuff on U-Tube or Ben Crenshaw's stuff either-- it will give you some basics to develop your own style--- Like I said if you get to play down this way this old big guy will come to see you play LOL even though I am not as big any more as my Avaitar shows me to be I have lost close to 50 lbs---- If you ever get to the Myrtle Beach area you and your folks look me up I am mostly around Indian Wells in the Garden City Beach area which is my home course (every one knows me) or Founders Club in Pawley's Island---- Like I said keep to the old grindstone you can do it--- Experience is the best teacher

My parents just came back from Myrtle Beach last week. I actually have been watching a lot of Tiger Woods putting ands i like his approach.

Congrats Sammy and continued success! Like many others have said, you've got a new fan wishing you the best both on and off the course.

By the way, how did you end up a Canucks fan? (I'm from Vancouver)

Who else has a whale on the front of the jersey ? I was a Markus Naslund fan ands Roberto Luongo shares my birthday (day , nots year).

I just read this thread from Richard's OP through Benzo's post above me and this thread brought tears to my eyes. There are three things that I know- This is and Amazing game, This is an Amazing group of members and Sammy, you are an Amazing young Lady!! Goodnight :) Fondly, Madison

RP and I have been among her biggest supporters over the years on here. It is great to see a player you have followed and encouraged over the years do well hope for her contuinued success. Personally I feel this is baby steps for better things up the road for her

My parents just came back from Myrtle Beach last week. I actually have been watching a lot of Tiger Woods putting ands i like his approach.

Great! Pay attention and develop your own style from there-- He is a good one to watch he was one hell of a putter back in the day!

congratulations to you on dropping the 50!

Great post, Great thread, and Great job Sammy!

FORE RIGHT!!!!

You are an amazing and amazingly authentic person and if you get back to Seaview next year you'll have three more fans following your group.

Pictured below is my putter; while it was being made my older son was in Spiderman 3 so I added the graphics to celebrate. Hope you like the theme.

Honma Beres 10.5*
Jones/Ortiz 4 wood 17*
Adams Idea Black CB2 irons 26, 29, 33, 37, 41, 45*
Callaway MD3 S grind 52, 56, C grind 60, PM grind 64*
Tom Slighter Custom Needle 450g, 3* loft, 74* lie (2006)
Tom Slighter Needle 360g, 4* loft, 72* lie (2012, backup)

Never formally met, just remember you because you were a great ball striker!

Fox meadow

Which one was that ?

Did we like formally meet ever , or did you just know i was there ? It has been awhile since i stopped going.

When it is time for you to turn pro I think we should do a GoFundMe or something. A player sponsored by ... Players!

I would not feel comfortable doing that , but i think i should be alright with that part of things.

Titleist Ts2 10.5* GD DI 6x
Titliest 915 5w 18* GD DI 7x
Callaway Apex 23*h Oban Devotion 
Callaway Apex 26*h GD DI 85x
Srixon 785 6-PW Nippon 105 Modus
Titleist SM7 50*, 54*, 58* Nippon 115 Modus 
Odyssey #7 Plumber Neck 
2018 Taylormade tp5

https://www.instagram.com/benzoducky/ 

You are an amazing and amazingly authentic person and if you get back to Seaview next year you'll have three more fans following your group.

Pictured below is my putter; while it was being made my older son was in Spiderman 3 so I added the graphics to celebrate. Hope you like the theme.

How did you put the webs on the face like that , or the small ones on the top parts of the putter ?

How did you put the webs on the face like that , or the small ones on the top parts of the putter ?

Sorry I wasn't clear - I just roughed out the design. Tom Slighter (slightergolf.com) and his machinist wrote the program and milled the webs into the head. He is the nicest person to work with, easy to talk to and will discuss any aspect of putters just to give out information. You can see lots of examples of his own models and other putters he's refurbished on his website - my model is called the Needle (he named for the Space Needle) and I'm sure he milled a web on an anser-type putter. I don't know what style you use but it's worth calling him if you're interested in having it done.

Honma Beres 10.5*
Jones/Ortiz 4 wood 17*
Adams Idea Black CB2 irons 26, 29, 33, 37, 41, 45*
Callaway MD3 S grind 52, 56, C grind 60, PM grind 64*
Tom Slighter Custom Needle 450g, 3* loft, 74* lie (2006)
Tom Slighter Needle 360g, 4* loft, 72* lie (2012, backup)

Sorry I wasn't clear - I just roughed out the design. Tom Slighter (slightergolf.com) and his machinist wrote the program and milled the webs into the head. He is the nicest person to work with, easy to talk to and will discuss any aspect of putters just to give out information. You can see lots of examples of his own models and other putters he's refurbished on his website - my model is called the Needle (he named for the Space Needle) and I'm sure he milled a web on an anser-type putter. I don't know what style you use but it's worth calling him if you're interested in having it done.

I sent a e-mail , but have nots received a answer yet. We also finally got the new kittens today ands i got my putter as well.