2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

WRXer Plays In First Professional Tour Event!!!

WRX member Sammy(Goobers80) Played in her first Professional Tour event last weekend in the Symetra Tour Fucillo/Kia Championship.

She had an 81 and a 77. Sammy said that she is really striking the ball well and had a rough go of it on the greens. I told her that the greens are what everyone says takes the most getting used to from even the elite Amateur events. She is very confident and this is so good to see and I told her that everyone on the board is behind her and wishes her the Best!!

Well, enough of my rambling, I'll let Sammy give ya a run down.

Congratz Buddie, you definitely belong and you're going to kick some serious A**!!!

All the Best :)

Fairways & Greens My Friend,

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why in the world is this not on the main page somewhere??

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

Massive first step Goobers!!

[color=#ff0000][b]Driver: [/b][/color]Callaway GBB 9.5* (Project X HZRDUS Black 76g 6.5X)
[color=#ff0000][b]Hybrid: [/b][/color]Taylormade RBZ 19* (Fujikura Speeder TS H9.8)
[color=#ff0000][b]Irons: [/b][/color] Callaway Apex'14 4-PW (DG X100)
[color=#ff0000][b]Wedges: [/b][/color]Nike SV Tour (DG S400)
[color=#ff0000][b]Putter: [/b][/color]Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7
[b][color=#ff0000]Balls: [/color][/b]Srixon ZstarXV

Great Job Goobs!

I always enjoy her postings!

I did great tee to green , but i still struggle with finding comfort with putting. I am sure i would have lead if there was a strokes lost on the greens stat. I have been fit for one ands am waiting for it to come in , so i am hoping it helps.

If anybody was curious to ask questions or wants a summary or something , i could do so.

I was gonna go "General" section and then figured "Tour," "Symetra Tour->LPGA," lol

You always make me feel like an intellectual midget, LMAO

Have a nice evening Bro :)

My Best,

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Great Job Goobs!

I did great tee to green , but i still struggle with finding comfort with putting. I am sure i would have lead if there was a strokes lost on the greens stat. I have been fit for one ands am waiting for it to come in , so i am hoping it helps.

If anybody was curious to ask questions or wants a summary or something , i could do so.

What putter did ya settle on?

My Best,

Richard

Can't wait to hear the stories. Best of luck!!!

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

I was gonna go "General" section and then figured "Tour," "Symetra Tour->LPGA," lol

My Best,

Richard

Whaat? No way, Richard, I wasn't referring to your post - I meant that this is something that should be on the WRX homepage: http://www.golfwrx.com/

Maybe easyyy or Zak could put something up there.

(I would think it is more important than some of the other things that are there taking up space).

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

Congrats Sammy look forward to following your progress! Have always enjoyed your posts.

What did you enjoy most about your first pro tournament?

Well , i am still a amateur because i do not have full enough status to really make it worth while this year. I just enjoyed learning what i need to work on.

Great Job Goobs!

What putter did ya settle on?

My Best,

Richard

A SeeMore x4 thing with the dark finish ands one of those Accra shafts.

Can't wait to hear the stories. Best of luck!!!

I was suprised how many spectators came out to the event. There were peoples just watching on the driving range in the bleachers they set up. My dad told me two guys followed our group around all Saturday ands complimented my swing a lot. It was weird getting applause for shots. I hacked one out of a crap lie on a par five on my second shot ands the peoples following clapped. There were guys set up in chairs by certain greens. They had shuttle systems set up for the longer distances between holes.

They e-mailed this year about really trying to make the Symetra Tour mimic the LPGA more , so the transition is no longer as big. They also use real Volvik range balls , but also you can get fined if you are caught taking any. You can keep the caddie bib ands they will charge your account 50$. Outside of the tour trailer they hads a box of all different spikes you could use to replace any. They even had those soft spikes with that one spike in the middle.

They also gave you a rules book ands a open book test when you register for the first time. If you do nots get a certain score you need to sit down with the head of the rules officials.

The most interesting part was the person for each group relaying stats back to the main table by the driving range. They woulds radio in the score , then fairways , greens , putts , sand saves if necessary. They had to two holes for the driving distance holes , but i founds that to be skewed as one was right into wind.

My Best,

Richard

Whaat? No way, Richard, I wasn't referring to your post - I meant that this is something that should be on the WRX homepage: http://www.golfwrx.com/

(I would think it is more important than some of the other things that are there taking up space).

You know that I was messin with ya. I was gonna go "General" or "Tour" but I figured that its get moved and that it'd get bumped over here.

Sammie,, that's a sweet putter, my Bro uses it(Corona Del Mar). When are you gonna get it in hand?

My Best,

Richard

My Best,

Richard

I think this is a good idea. Some front page coverage for a great member.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

Sammy that is AWESOME! You've achieved yet another level that most of us can only dream about!!!

You probably would have putted better than me , but i understand. I see the dreamers on here ands peoples shoot them down a lot. My first golf tournament played was October 2012. I played all of 2013 in small things ands two state events. I skipped 2014 after a terrible instruction search wasted the year. Then i was introduced to Geoff Jones in 2015 ands one year later i have gotten to this point. It is not the top ands i still have struggles , but that is only two full years of actual competition. I am sure others could do things they want to.

I am probably not popular or liked enough for coverage on here , nor am i asking for any.

I hit 5 iron to about 15 feet on the par 3 18th on Saturday ands the little gallery in the stands gave applause. They moved the tee back to have it playing a little over 180 yards. That was actually the most enjoyable part of the whole experience to answer that question somebody asked.

The putting is more bad technique probably. I may try to find a putter expert to try to improve that. I just do nots know any around my area.

Do you still have all your shafts in spider webs? Loved that!

[color=#ff0000][b]Driver: [/b][/color]Callaway GBB 9.5* (Project X HZRDUS Black 76g 6.5X)
[color=#ff0000][b]Hybrid: [/b][/color]Taylormade RBZ 19* (Fujikura Speeder TS H9.8)
[color=#ff0000][b]Irons: [/b][/color] Callaway Apex'14 4-PW (DG X100)
[color=#ff0000][b]Wedges: [/b][/color]Nike SV Tour (DG S400)
[color=#ff0000][b]Putter: [/b][/color]Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7
[b][color=#ff0000]Balls: [/color][/b]Srixon ZstarXV

This is outstanding, I am so proud of you for staying in the fight, never ever give up, there are many knowledgeable individuals on this forum that can and will make some recommendations, but nothing beats a good instructor that can build on your confidence, I know you will do great, take care and keep us posted, good luck

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

Sammy that is AWESOME! You've achieved yet another level that most of us can only dream about!!!

You probably would have putted better than me , but i understand. I see the dreamers on here ands peoples shoot them down a lot. My first golf tournament played was October 2012. I played all of 2013 in small things ands two state events. I skipped 2014 after a terrible instruction search wasted the year. Then i was introduced to Geoff Jones in 2015 ands one year later i have gotten to this point. It is not the top ands i still have struggles , but that is only two full years of actual competition. I am sure others could do things they want to.

I am probably not popular or liked enough for coverage on here , nor am i asking for any.

I hit 5 iron to about 15 feet on the par 3 18th on Saturday ands the little gallery in the stands gave applause. They moved the tee back to have it playing a little over 180 yards. That was actually the most enjoyable part of the whole experience to answer that question somebody asked.

The putting is more bad technique probably. I may try to find a putter expert to try to improve that. I just do nots know any around my area.

We are all pulling for you Sammy. Sending good wishes your way for continued success in golf and life from Chicago. And if you ever make it out this way let me know as I'd welcome the opportunity to play with a great person, and golfer, like you.

Great Job Goobs! Wonderful accomplishment young lady! You've already done more than many thought you could. Just know, if we ever play, you'll have to give me 30 strokes. :) :cheesy:

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Keep up the good work, Sammy! You should be very proud of all your accomplishments so far and are just beginning to tap into your potential. Play well!

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

We are all pulling for you Sammy. Sending good wishes your way for continued success in golf and life from Chicago. And if you ever make it out this way let me know as I'd welcome the opportunity to play with a great person, and golfer, like you.

The same from Virginia! But I'm still going to need those strokes! :)

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!