2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

WRXer Plays In First Professional Tour Event!!!

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sammy you had great improvement from the first round to the second! In addition to the 3 shot improvement on your score, your driving distance increased, GIR improved and you had fewer putts in the second round than the first round. There are so many positives to take away from this event in addition to the experience gained.

best of luck

Nice to see a wrx'r getting out there

Ping G430 10k Blueboard 53x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping i210 & s55 6 - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

Scotty GoLo

Sammy you had great improvement from the first round to the second! In addition to the 3 shot improvement on your score, your driving distance increased, GIR improved and you had fewer putts in the second round than the first round. There are so many positives to take away from this event in addition to the experience gained.

Driving distance there was so skewed because one of the holes played normal , the other was into the wind both days. The one hole both days i was near 270 with what i call a *chippy* drive as it keeps low ands rolls out. The other was just over 240 because i got it up too high one day ands the other it was in the rough.

Both days a lot of my greens missed were fringe or first cut. My putts totals really were like 5 to 6 more each round because i putted off the greens a bunch. I putted miserably , there is no other way to put it. A couple holes i stupidly calculated 125 yards into 155 yards. I really did nots play as bad as the scores seem , but yes , i took a lot of positives.

One of the higher finishers showed like a 200 yard driving distance.

Congrats Sammy! I remember reading a post you made about swinging with your chest a few years ago, that thought helped me a lot.

What does Geoff have you working on?

Basically not backing out of it on the backswings (the upper body barrel) , using the turn to move the club , ands just using a heavy club to feel how to load it better. It feels looser , a little more out of control , but i was too tense tryings to hold the positions for awhile. I do slow motion stuffs to the top to feel the set. It is has been just over a year when i started ands i tweaked every part of it. It is nots really hard , it just takes time. There are not shortcuts to improve in things. I am more trying to trust it finally. In the past i was tense ands trying to put the club in places , always blaming my swing , always doubting which is my nature.

Great Job Goobs!

I always enjoy her postings!

I did great tee to green , but i still struggle with finding comfort with putting. I am sure i would have lead if there was a strokes lost on the greens stat. I have been fit for one ands am waiting for it to come in , so i am hoping it helps.

If anybody was curious to ask questions or wants a summary or something , i could do so.

Putting comes and goes even for the very best in the game. The ones who stay at the top the longest are invariably the good ball strikers. Not saying putting isnt important, just that if your ball striking stays solid it will keep giving you opportunities so can make the most of the weeks when the putts drop.

Great Job Goobs!

I did great tee to green , but i still struggle with finding comfort with putting. I am sure i would have lead if there was a strokes lost on the greens stat. I have been fit for one ands am waiting for it to come in , so i am hoping it helps.

If anybody was curious to ask questions or wants a summary or something , i could do so.

Putting comes and goes even for the very best in the game. The ones who stay at the top the longest are invariably the good ball strikers. Not saying putting isnt important, just that if your ball striking stays solid it will keep giving you opportunities so can make the most of the weeks when the putts drop.

Agreed. Look at Rory McIlroy. Tremendous from tee to green. If he were just an "average" putter, he'd be winning more frequently.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Great Job Goobs!

Agreed. Look at Rory McIlroy. Tremendous from tee to green. If he were just an "average" putter, he'd be winning more frequently.

Lexi as well.

Way to go Sam! So Proud of you and of what you've overcome! You're enjoying the Applause and attention on the Golf course?! That's amazing and a Testament to your growth on and off the course. Your accomplishments have only just started.

Go get 'em.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

Lexi as well.

True enough.

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

Reading this post made my day and gave me a big smile!

I know right?

Sammy is a fixture here. My son was recently diagnosed with Autism and is a golfer. It has much more significance to me now. :)

Sammy, congratulations!!! :D

I have read many of your posts, you are indeed an massive inspiration here on WRX. It's so easy to let negative/naysayer posts get to your head, I know it's gotten in mine on occasion...... Luckily we have many positive/hopeful/encouraging/intelligent Members such as yourself, Agatha, Forged, Maddie, and many many many others. So thank you Sammy for being YOU, and being an inspiration for a fellow golfer chasing the dream!

Putting, ain't no thang LOL, just let it roll! You know what your doing or you wouldn't be the high level golfer you are, let alone out on Tour!!! I see many, many putts made in your future :)

You got this, wishing nothing but the best for you Sammy!

-TJ-

Congratulations on taking that next step, Sam!

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

Way to put yourself outside your comfort zone!!

Since this is WRX. What equipment do you play??

When is the next event?

It is in my bag link , but i am going for a driver fitting soon. I feel i am giving a little up as my swing improves. I have the USGA qualifiers ands definitely hope to do better in q-school , but for now i check the alternate lists to see if i haves a chance in any Symetra events. Other than that it is sectional events at tough courses to keep me going. Possibly may try a Suncoast Tour event or two as you just can sign up for it.

Well done Sam, not only for what you did, but that you did it. :-)

Truth....

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friend,

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Very cool Sammy! Keep grinding!

I had the pleasure to meet Sam when she played at our facility, she is a great person and everyone should be cheering on her golf career. Good luck and play well!

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]
Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole

Driving distance there was so skewed because one of the holes played normal , the other was into the wind both days. The one hole both days i was near 270 with what i call a *chippy* drive as it keeps low ands rolls out. The other was just over 240 because i got it up too high one day ands the other it was in the rough.

Both days a lot of my greens missed were fringe or first cut. My putts totals really were like 5 to 6 more each round because i putted off the greens a bunch. I putted miserably , there is no other way to put it. A couple holes i stupidly calculated 125 yards into 155 yards. I really did nots play as bad as the scores seem , but yes , i took a lot of positives.

One of the higher finishers showed like a 200 yard driving distance.

You come out of the event with many positives plus, you know opportunities where you can improve. That's huge. You don't have a 2 way miss going...you're not missing tons of greens...the biggest chance to pick up some strokes comes from one aspect of your game. You also have your own history to go back on with your many wins in some high profile events. The arrow is pointing up Sammy and you have a bright future in front of you. It's going to be a privilege to watch your success on the next level. And Sammy, make sure to have fun along the way!