2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

WRXer Plays In First Professional Tour Event!!!

Love a tour talk thread that is about what is right with golf.

LMAO, I didn't really think of this though you're spot on Bro, it is nice to have a Tour thread where we're not rippin a guy's personality, intellect, sexual proclivities or inability to close, lol.

Maybe we're evolving as a species??

Nahhhh, we're still a pack of idiots, Sammy's just one in a couple thousand, haha.

Long day-

Hittin the sack :)

Night Sammy, Sweetie, Aggs, Ladies & Gents :)

Always,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love a tour talk thread that is about what is right with golf.

LMAO, I didn't really think of this though you're spot on Bro, it is nice to have a Tour thread where we're not rippin a guy's personality, intellect, sexual proclivities or inability to close, lol.

Maybe we're evolving as a species??

Nahhhh, we're still a pack of idiots, Sammy's just one in a couple thousand, haha.

Long day-

Hittin the sack :)

Night Sammy, Sweetie, Aggs, Ladies & Gents :)

Always,

RP

Totally agree. Great to see universal positivity from wrx posters. If anyone is looking for me Im going back to the Rickie overrated thread.

I've watched Samantha improve as a player over the past couple of years and have had the pleasure of playing golf with her. She's good!

More importantly, I've watched her overcome some significant personal and social challenges to become a much more confident person and self assured person.

The changes/improvements she's made to her swing are incredible over the past 12 months. I can assure you that no one will out-work her.

Best of luck moving forward Sam and keep up the hard work! (Silly to even say cause I know you will!)

P.S. US Women's Am is at Rolling Green this year! ;)

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

I will try to qualify. As you know i am more abouts the process over the results. They will come eventually i believe. I came real close at Seaview on that Sunday. I tend to get in my way at times , especially with the putting for sure. Last year , it woulds have been good enough to get me in. It has been nice to have somebody at our club who has been nice more than you had to. I am actually surprised that this many people care on this website.

I will try to qualify. As you know i am more abouts the process over the results. They will come eventually i believe. I came real close at Seaview on that Sunday. I tend to get in my way at times , especially with the putting for sure. Last year , it woulds have been good enough to get me in. It has been nice to have somebody at our club who has been nice more than you had to. I am actually surprised that this many people care on this website.

Young lady, don't be surprised that you have your own cheering section. You've overcome so much and you are determined to succeed. You have the right attitude and the temperament. You'll do just fine and we'll be cheering for you, every step of the way.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Young lady, don't be surprised that you have your own cheering section. You've overcome so much and you are determined to succeed. You have the right attitude and the temperament. You'll do just fine and we'll be cheering for you, every step of the way.

Ditto this a thousand times! This is awesome!

Congrats! Just seeing this. Keep on grinding and think good thoughts out there. We're all pulling for you.

Maltby STw2 10* Tensei Orange Stiff 46.75"
TourSwing Octane 10.5*  TourSwing Vengeance  44.5"
Tour Edge Exotics E8 16.5* 4 wood
Tour Edge Exotics E8 Beta 19* 3 hybrid 
Bridgestone Access VP-02, 6-AW
Inazone EZ-PZ CNC wedge 52* & 60*
LogicalOne Putter

I am new to the site and I am on your side. Way to go, keep doing what you are doing. As fas as putting, one thought, Don't be afraid to miss. The thought will free you up from negative thoughts when putting.

Yes , that is not really the issue. It is more i just am not comfortable with how i putt. I am not negative abouts it , i just know i will miss some for no real reason besides a poor pass at the ball. I need to work on it is all.

Congrats Sammy! I used to see you at the driving range in NJ! Continued success

Titleist Ts2 10.5* GD DI 6x
Titliest 915 5w 18* GD DI 7x
Callaway Apex 23*h Oban Devotion 
Callaway Apex 26*h GD DI 85x
Srixon 785 6-PW Nippon 105 Modus
Titleist SM7 50*, 54*, 58* Nippon 115 Modus 
Odyssey #7 Plumber Neck 
2018 Taylormade tp5

https://www.instagram.com/benzoducky/ 

I am new to the site and I am on your side. Way to go, keep doing what you are doing. As fas as putting, one thought, Don't be afraid to miss. The thought will free you up from negative thoughts when putting.

Yes , that is not really the issue. It is more i just am not comfortable with how i putt. I am not negative abouts it , i just know i will miss some for no real reason besides a poor pass at the ball. I need to work on it is all.

They somewhat go hand in hand. Pick a line and let it roll. As you see them go in the confidence improves and if you picked the wrong line, chalk it up to a misread and keep stroking the putter. It sounds like part of the comfort you feel over the put creates your unsure putting stroke or as you stated (poor pass at the ball). I think once you get the putter that you are waiting on it will help with all of this as the news putter will give you that bit of confidence that will allow you to play the weekend rounds and go up the leaderboard.

They somewhat go hand in hand. Pick a line and let it roll. As you see them go in the confidence improves and if you picked the wrong line, chalk it up to a misread and keep stroking the putter. It sounds like part of the comfort you feel over the put creates your unsure putting stroke or as you stated (poor pass at the ball). I think once you get the putter that you are waiting on it will help with all of this as the news putter will give you that bit of confidence that will allow you to play the weekend rounds and go up the leaderboard.

Yes , i was trying to say it was more my set-up / mechanics feel terrible. The new putter is fit to my stuff , but i have been adding loft to the hit lately. It is just sorting it all outs.

This is awesome Sammy! There are very few threads that really peak my interests but this is one of them. I look forward to hearing more about your progress in the near future. I don't know you but I'm proud of you! Best of luck. And thanks to Forged for posting! :)

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

I'm not a "I told you so" kind of person so I will frame it in a question, hahaha

What did I tell you???

That you were Amazing, as a Person and as a Player and that a ton of members knew this, really liked you and they would want to hear from You and follow your travels!!!

It's like Maddie said, do not focus on the few cowards who use the internet to pretend that they are men and you saw them sitting at the bottom of this page and they didn't have the, well, Maddie says that I gotta quit using that word so I'll just say that they didn't have the guts to post in this thread.

Cowards are not big on standing front and center as you have done your whole life :)

Well, have a great day and just keep us in the loop :)

Always,

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Yes , i was trying to say it was more my set-up / mechanics feel terrible. The new putter is fit to my stuff , but i have been adding loft to the hit lately. It is just sorting it all outs.

Exactly, just as it always has, and as you say, it will sort itself out :)

Fairways & Greens, Pins & Cups 4ever,

Richard

Congrats Sammy! I remember reading a post you made about swinging with your chest a few years ago, that thought helped me a lot.

What does Geoff have you working on?

Basically not backing out of it on the backswings (the upper body barrel) , using the turn to move the club , ands just using a heavy club to feel how to load it better. It feels looser , a little more out of control , but i was too tense tryings to hold the positions for awhile. I do slow motion stuffs to the top to feel the set. It is has been just over a year when i started ands i tweaked every part of it. It is nots really hard , it just takes time. There are not shortcuts to improve in things. I am more trying to trust it finally. In the past i was tense ands trying to put the club in places , always blaming my swing , always doubting which is my nature.

Sammy - what did you observe to be the most significant aspect, if anything, that is separating you from the other competitors?t

Congrats Sammy! I remember reading a post you made about swinging with your chest a few years ago, that thought helped me a lot.

Basically not backing out of it on the backswings (the upper body barrel) , using the turn to move the club , ands just using a heavy club to feel how to load it better. It feels looser , a little more out of control , but i was too tense tryings to hold the positions for awhile. I do slow motion stuffs to the top to feel the set. It is has been just over a year when i started ands i tweaked every part of it. It is nots really hard , it just takes time. There are not shortcuts to improve in things. I am more trying to trust it finally. In the past i was tense ands trying to put the club in places , always blaming my swing , always doubting which is my nature.

Sammy - what did you observe to be the most significant aspect, if anything, that is separating you from the other competitors?t

The obvious thing woulds be the putting. I have more shots than any female golfer i have played with so far , plus more strength if i really want to unleash it. It is hard to really put into words , the difference. I feel it , but it is hards to explain. Possibly just they have been there longer , so they are more comfortable with their games. The one has been outs there for four years , which is more years than i have competed in total. Most , if nots all went to college , played as juniors (etc) ands i did not do any of that.

I want to say they have been at that level longer ands just have the experience of week in ands out competition over many years. More refined as they say ?

The obvious thing woulds be the putting. I have more shots than any female golfer i have played with so far , plus more strength if i really want to unleash it. It is hard to really put into words , the difference. I feel it , but it is hards to explain. Possibly just they have been there longer , so they are more comfortable with their games. The one has been outs there for four years , which is more years than i have competed in total. Most , if nots all went to college , played as juniors (etc) ands i did not do any of that.

I want to say they have been at that level longer ands just have the experience of week in ands out competition over many years. More refined as they say ?

Reading this as a Professional this is incredible. You are incredible!! More refined? I don't think so though I do know that the longer that they are on the Symetra Tour the more of a grind it is and the harder it gets to "turn the corner." Sweetheart, you have much less mental scar tissue(golf wise) than these other girls out there. There are always two ways to look at a situation and do not ever ever let someone tell you that Your competitive inexperience is a drawback. Just smile, thank them for their thoughts and opinions and go back to your room where you have all of your crystal, silver and awards. Then go out, practice, learn from Your experiences and kick their a**. Have a nice day :) Fondly, Maddie

Sammy,

I too am curious why "you" think you have had the success you have had in such a short time compared to the other gals who have been at it a lot longer than you have.

I know your putting is bit off right now, but what are your advantages/strengths??. Do you feel you outwork these gals with hrs spent on the range or do you think you are mentally stronger than they are while on the course??? Or is your mechanics just honed in and very repeatable?

Do you feel that the others have and feel the pressure to win/succeed where you are ok with whatever happens as long as you have committed to "your" process and this takes pressure off of you???

Or maybe you are just a natural at this game ??

Sammy,

I too am curious why "you" think you have had the success you have had in such a short time compared to the other gals who have been at it a lot longer than you have.

I know your putting is bit off right now, but what are your advantages/strengths??. Do you feel you outwork these gals with hrs spent on the range or do you think you are mentally stronger than they are while on the course??? Or is your mechanics just honed in and very repeatable?

Do you feel that the others have and feel the pressure to win/succeed where you are ok with whatever happens as long as you have committed to "your" process and this takes pressure off of you???

I woulds say i work at it more like the Asians do , as i see the American diva act a lot already. I have yet to see a Asian pull out their cellphone during practice , but it may happen. My mechanics are probably not as repeatable as i have changed my whole approach to the swing in just over a year , but it is closer.

If you have seen the Rocky Balboa movie where he talks abouts stuff in the basement , that might be part of it. I haves been through a lot of bad stuff ands all. I really do nots feel pressure to succeed , you woulds have to ask the other players though. They maybe cannot handle failing like i can. I probably do outwork a lot of them though , but i also try to never give up no matter how bad it is.

Thanks for sharing that. There is so much maturity in your outlook - definitely a strength. Will enjoy anything you want to share as you keep moving forward.

Sammy,

I actually shoulds say i owe a lot to my swing coach. He may get unfairly portrayed by some on here , but somebody like that believing in you does help. I will rephrase what i typed earlier ands say i was nots spoon fed a golf life like a lot are. They are given everything but still needs to be told or pushed to work at it. I work at it because i want to. I have never worked at it because somebody told me i should.

How was the mental side of your game, I am guessing this was the highest level of competition you have played in. I apologize if I am wrong on that. I know there have been a few guys on here who have tried their hands at mini tour/developmental tour events and faired not so well. One loud mouth hockey player comes to mind.

Callaway B21 9* Diamana Kai'Li 70S (Callaway RFE 9* Diamana Kai'Li 70s backup)
RFE 16.5* 4 wood Diamana Kai'Li 80S
RFE 21.5* 7 wood UST V2 Tour 86gr
Apex 4/Apex Pro 5-PW H45 heads Aerotech i110
Callaway MD3 52-10/58-09 S Grind
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 2016

Instagram Link
https://www.instagram.com/michaelfrederickphotography/?hl=en
[twitter]BigDudeGuy72[/twitter]

For anyone that hasn't had a chance to peruse Sammy's WITB thread, it's hands down one of the finest on the board...

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/873934-girl-golfer-taylormade-tp-cb-sldr-bag-symetra-tour-star-wars-spider-web-alien-designs-golf-autism-newer-swing-videos-2016/

Stay well My Friends :)

Golfingly Yours,

Richard

How was the mental side of your game, I am guessing this was the highest level of competition you have played in. I apologize if I am wrong on that. I know there have been a few guys on here who have tried their hands at mini tour/developmental tour events and faired not so well. One loud mouth hockey player comes to mind.

I am nots sure where q-school would rank , but besides one tee box with a spectator a little too close for my comforts , it was alright. I had a mini panic issue , but nothing like in the past. Was that the guy with the fake sponsors or whatever that was all abouts. That was definitely weird even to me.