2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

WRXer Plays In First Professional Tour Event!!!

Congrats Sammy! I remember reading a post you made about swinging with your chest a few years ago, that thought helped me a lot.

What does Geoff have you working on?

Basically not backing out of it on the backswings (the upper body barrel) , using the turn to move the club , ands just using a heavy club to feel how to load it better. It feels looser , a little more out of control , but i was too tense tryings to hold the positions for awhile. I do slow motion stuffs to the top to feel the set. It is has been just over a year when i started ands i tweaked every part of it. It is nots really hard , it just takes time. There are not shortcuts to improve in things. I am more trying to trust it finally. In the past i was tense ands trying to put the club in places , always blaming my swing , always doubting which is my nature.

Geoff speaks very highly of you and your work ethic. Your above comment really hit home. I was away from golf for about 7 months. But did heavy driver , impact bag and slow mo drills exclusively for that period. Now i am not nearly as talented as you are ... but i came back from the break swinging better that ever.

He cares abouts his players for sure. He definitely appreciates hard work as golf is not easy. I am just struggling this year with consistently scoring. I am close , but still need to play in more stuff.

As a side note , i got fitted for my new driver ands my current driver has a swingweight of E2 somehow.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are an amazing and amazingly authentic person and if you get back to Seaview next year you'll have three more fans following your group.

Pictured below is my putter; while it was being made my older son was in Spiderman 3 so I added the graphics to celebrate. Hope you like the theme.

How did you put the webs on the face like that , or the small ones on the top parts of the putter ?

Sorry I wasn't clear - I just roughed out the design. Tom Slighter (slightergolf.com) and his machinist wrote the program and milled the webs into the head. He is the nicest person to work with, easy to talk to and will discuss any aspect of putters just to give out information. You can see lots of examples of his own models and other putters he's refurbished on his website - my model is called the Needle (he named for the Space Needle) and I'm sure he milled a web on an anser-type putter. I don't know what style you use but it's worth calling him if you're interested in having it done.

I sent a e-mail , but have nots received a answer yet. We also finally got the new kittens today ands i got my putter as well.

Hey Samster, how goes it :)

So how do you like the putter?

What are ya working on?

How are your new little critters doin?

Have a nice evening :)

My Best,

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

I am struggling with consistent scoring ands putting right now , so the same. The putter is fine so far ands i am just making sure my set-up was less sloppy. I keep losing strokes over stupid execution once or twice a round. I am waiting for my new driver now. I just go back to the set-up , grip , turn , ands set of the club. Mostly turning through it harder. I finally hit one of those *push* draws today during practice after the tournament.

I know the feeling, I cant seem to put it all together this summer. One day I am hitting fairways and missing greens the next day my putter won't cooperate. This is a hard game, but it's the best game going. I am sure you will continue to grow in the game Sammy we are all pulling for you and enjoy hearing of your progress.

I know the feeling, I cant seem to put it all together this summer. One day I am hitting fairways and missing greens the next day my putter won't cooperate. This is a hard game, but it's the best game going. I am sure you will continue to grow in the game Sammy we are all pulling for you and enjoy hearing of your progress.

I really do nots even do that anymore. It is just some nonsense that creeps in once or twice a round that i need to be rid of to go forward. I am not really sure what it is , but i want to believe it will all come together. I cannot keep throwing away strokes for no reason.

Hey Goober, I've followed a lot of your posts on here and I'm happy to hear you've made it this far! Keep looking ahead and carry us dreamers with you.

Best of luck!

[indent=1]M2 Atmos Black[/indent]
[indent=1]M2 Speeder[/indent]
[indent=1]Ping G Tensei Blue[/indent]
[indent=1]p790 Modus 130[/indent]
[indent=1]O-Works Red 7s
Z Star XV[/indent]

I really do nots even do that anymore. It is just some nonsense that creeps in once or twice a round that i need to be rid of to go forward. I am not really sure what it is , but i want to believe it will all come together. I cannot keep throwing away strokes for no reason.

I am sure you will get there. You definitely have a great attitude about moving forward and improving your game.

I can't wait to hear more. Rooting for you.

• 1 month later...

If anybody was wondering , I will be most likely playing in another Symetra tournament (Garden City , Kansas) in September. I have had a pretty bad summer score wise until recent. My driver was just horrible , but it is slowly getting back into form as they say. I lost in a playoff to finish second at Philadelphia Country Club in a event last Thursday , then today i was tied for Medalist at my US Mid-Amateur qualifier. So , it makes me feel good that i did not kind of stink it up all year.

If anybody was wondering , I will be most likely playing in another Symetra tournament (Garden City , Kansas) in September. I have had a pretty bad summer score wise until recent. My driver was just horrible , but it is slowly getting back into form as they say. I lost in a playoff to finish second at Philadelphia Country Club in a event last Thursday , then today i was tied for Medalist at my US Mid-Amateur qualifier. So , it makes me feel good that i did not kind of stink it up all year.

Good Luck! Been wondering where you have been as haven't seen a post from you in quite a while. Cheering for you to play really well!

That is great keep on trucking you are getting it done. LOL I first saw that Garden City and thought WOW and then saw it was the one in Kansas not the one I live in in SC.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Awesome news, congrats!!! Making it to a USGA national championship is a big deal and a super-cool experience. I'm happy for you that you're going back this year!

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

Good Luck! Been wondering where you have been as haven't seen a post from you in quite a while. Cheering for you to play really well!

I have just been grinding out a decent season through struggling with things. I was scoring so poorly , i decided i woulds skip Q-school this year. I think i will be going down to Florida in January ands February to play events on the Suncoast Tour. It is open , so i know i will get in how many we decide on. It costs too much to go out ands score as bad as i was. I just wanted to experience more three day events.

Awesome news, congrats!!! Making it to a USGA national championship is a big deal and a super-cool experience. I'm happy for you that you're going back this year!

I was a little nervous after barely having a warm-up , plus i had to buy a shirt in the pro shop since i forgot my golf shirt at home. I left some shots out there , but very pleased i was not giving up through a rough patch.

I was a little nervous after barely having a warm-up , plus i had to buy a shirt in the pro shop since i forgot my golf shirt at home. I left some shots out there , but very pleased i was not giving up through a rough patch.

Keep up the good work Goobs!! Always enjoy your posts. Looking forward to hearing more from the Mid-Am!!

Sammy...as a long time follower of your posts, it's been amazing to see the growth in every aspect for you. In addition to being a great golfer, you're a heck of a person and I appreciate you sharing your journey with us. Congrats on the recent play and looking forward to continuing to see you atop the leaderboards!

Bummed that I found this thread so late Sammy. Would have loved to send well wishes earlier. So much to like in this thread.

I look forward to following along from here on out. Congratulations on the recent successes.

Mike

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

Keep battling! Way to go. Great stuff on the course, and you have great stuff between your ears. Excellent attitude.

Performance can't be the same all the time, but attitude can, and you seem to have it.

Rooting for you.

I am not always in the right mind set as peoples say. I tend to doubt myself all the time. Although i will say i feel close to turning that next corner

That's your secret right there^^^

Don't be so hard on yourself, and visualize your game the night before. Play each hole in your mind and birdie all of them.

That could be the difference between that 75 and the 68 you want.....confidence will grow.

Keep on going...best of luck.

I am not always in the right mind set as peoples say. I tend to doubt myself all the time. Although i will say i feel close to turning that next corner

You are describing every golfer who plays the game. The difference between you and most of us is you have figured out how to play at the highest level while we hack our way around.

Congrats. It sounds like you are close.

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Well done SAMMY! :good:

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Do you still have all your shafts in spider webs? Loved that!

There are pictures of all of my stuffs in my bag link. I never updated the pictures of the balls though.

Now that is one wicked set of clubs - beyond cool!

And a belated (I just found this post now) !!!CONGRATS!!!

All the best for the next one, and the one after that, and after that ... :)

Wilson Deep Red II Tour (9.0)
King Cobra SZ (15.5), G10 HY (18, 21, 24)
MP-32 5i - 9i, Vokey SM5 50, 54 (F), 58 (M)
Rife Aussie

Way to go Sammy!

Great playin'

https://www.njsga.or...menpublinx2013/

That was three years ago now , if you did not see the date. Even then i always managed to three putt the first green for a bogey.

Although they did put a article up about the qualifier i medaled last week.

Way to go Sammy!

Great playin'

That was three years ago now , if you did not see the date. Even then i always managed to three putt the first green for a bogey.

I didn't see the date either Sammy.

What a compliment: “A golf pro we know said her swing reminds him of Steve Stricker. It’s very repeatable.”

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

Way to go Sammy!

Great playin'

I didn't see the date either Sammy.

What a compliment: “A golf pro we know said her swing reminds him of Steve Stricker. It’s very repeatable.”

He was being nice probably. I was pretty inconsistent then , but i was also searching for a swing too.

Geez, now ya tell me lol. I missed it. Went to the USGA site first and saw your qualifying results. Keep it up!

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar