Jon Rahm vs Bryson DeChambeau, who gets a tour win first?

Arpeggi

http://www.pgatour.c...eaderboard.html

Doesn't mean anything because it's Web.com right?

Well it means he'll have more opportunities on The TOUR going forward, but for this thread, no

Again,this thread DID NOT specify what tour. So what's your point?

http://www.pgatour.com/webcom/tournaments/dap-championship/leaderboard.html

Nope. Minor leagues don't mean anything.

nothin minor about the Web.com tour

think this topic might be too difficult for some people.

I think if you look at the field by all means it should count. I mean he beat Sabbatini & Co.!

I think if you look at the field including the great sabbatini, he had the lowest score. Which means what?

1. Play on words

2. Many good players were there that have won on big boy tour

3. Not an easy course

"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

DeChambeau's victory on the Web.com most likely secured his PGA Tour Card for 2017.

In the process of winning today he his 16 of 16 fairways during regulation and 2 playoff holes.

He hits the ball extremely straight and has very strong distance control. On top of that he is a good putter.

I love his swing and would certainly recommend it for a junior golfer. Very efficient use of the body.

He needs to improve his short game and his putting on PGA TOUR greens wasn't that great, I think he was avg in most stats and his iron play from rough was below avg.

Also he doesn't make enough birdies.

I really enjoy watching Bryson play and how he approaches the game is very cool. But I think he needs to bite the bullet and play his wedges at a shorter length. Maybe 36" on all of them. I think that tiny adjustment would auto correct hus short game issue

Pro Caddie & I teach golf

Driver: PXG 9* ; HZDRUS Handcrafted 63 6.0

Long Game: PXG 13*, PXG 16*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 83 6.5 (flip between the two)

Driving Iron: PXG 0311 4 iron bent 17.5*; ProForce VTS 100HX 

Hybrid: PXG Gen 1 19*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 100 6.5

Irons: NIKE CB 4-PW Raw finish ; Aldila RIP Tour SLT 115 Tour Stiff (.25 inch gapping)

Wedges: Titleist SM9 50*, 54*; True Temper DG S300 (36 inches)

L-Wedge: Custom 60*; KBS Tour Stiff (36 inches)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5 35 inches: Super Stroke GP Tour

Ball: ProV1x

DeChambeau's victory on the Web.com most likely secured his PGA Tour Card for 2017.

In the process of winning today he his 16 of 16 fairways during regulation and 2 playoff holes.

He hits the ball extremely straight and has very strong distance control. On top of that he is a good putter.

I love his swing and would certainly recommend it for a junior golfer. Very efficient use of the body.

He needs to improve his short game and his putting on PGA TOUR greens wasn't that great, I think he was avg in most stats and his iron play from rough was below avg.

I really enjoy watching Bryson play and how he approaches the game is very cool. But I think he needs to bite the bullet and play his wedges at a shorter length. Maybe 36" on all of them. I think that tiny adjustment would auto correct hus short game issue

Putting is his weakness. He would rank 161st in that category. Actually his overall short game, other than putting, is fairly solid statistically. His SS % is in the top 10 while his scrambling %'s hover around 100.

Putting is his weakness. He would rank 161st in that category. Actually his overall short game, other than putting, is fairly solid statistically. His SS % is in the top 10 while his scrambling %'s hover around 100.

I watched him in person while we were practicing for the Wyndham Monday qualifier.

Ballstriking: phenomenal

Short game: good, not great. For how good his ballstriking is, he's let off the hook for his average short game

Putting: horrendous. I mean absolutely terrible. We had a putting contest, a few of the guys still there late that evening before the Monday, and he was leaving 25 footers outside of 5 feet. I'm not exaggerating. He got destroyed in the contest. It was actually eye opening. With his robot like consistency in his swing, he would shoot 64 every time if his putting was good

I think his putting will get better over time. He putted pretty well at Oakmount and when he won the US Am. I think its going to take a little bit to adjust to PGA Tour greens.

I think his biggest problem is more mental. I don't see much competitiveness inside of him. He wants to win, but he isn't going to cut your throat to do it. He has the game to make a living on tour and last, but to win and win, I think its not there. Next, is he doesn't have many, if any friends on tour. He plays by himself in practice rounds by choice. I think he needs to starting playing with some people on tour and learn how they score.

He knows how to swing a golf club, but I think he lacks a little bit how to play golf. This coming from someone who struggles doing the same thing.

Irons: NIKE CB 4-PW Raw finish ; Aldila RIP Tour SLT 115 Tour Stiff (.25 inch gapping)

I watched him in person while we were practicing for the Wyndham Monday qualifier.

Short game: good, not great. For how good his ballstriking is, he's let off the hook for his average short game

Putting: horrendous. I mean absolutely terrible. We had a putting contest, a few of the guys still there late that evening before the Monday, and he was leaving 25 footers outside of 5 feet. I'm not exaggerating. He got destroyed in the contest. It was actually eye opening. With his robot like consistency in his swing, he would shoot 64 every time if his putting was good

He knows how to swing a golf club and not how to play golf. Like Mac O'Grady. Also a Golf Machine guy.

I thought Rahm secured his already and DeChambeau just did.

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

http://www.pgatour.com/webcom/tournaments/dap-championship/leaderboard.html

Nope. Minor leagues don't mean anything.

Absolutely correct. Pros on record stating it is tougher to make a cut on the web.com than on the European Tour. This also wasn't a regular web event with the best of the best from the web including 3 win and pga tour top 10 Wesley bryan and bottom half of the pga tour. Additionally the inherit financial motivation on the web.com is greater than the pga. It's either sack up and get a pga tour card and the enormous doors that opens financially and otherwise, and achieve the lifelong goal any competitive golfer has their sites set on and worked their fingers to the bone for or play for prize money that hardly covers your expenses on the web, and/or back to grinding mini tours, and/or folding sweaters and giving 70 year olds lessons, and/or a job in the real world.

I'm a DeChambeau fan, but PGA guys playing against Web.com is sandbagging. Web.com guys are good, but there's a reason they are in the minors. Of the 50 guys each year that get a card, maybe 5-7 are PGA Tour quality. A few of those guys will buy PGA Tour guys who lost their card and sandbagged the Web.com finals and got it back. A couple guys will be good Web.com guys. The rest will never be heard from again because they don't have the game to be there.

I'm a DeChambeau fan, but PGA guys playing against Web.com is sandbagging. Web.com guys are good, but there's a reason they are in the minors. Of the 50 guys each year that get a card, maybe 5-7 are PGA Tour quality. A few of those guys will buy PGA Tour guys who lost their card and sandbagged the Web.com finals and got it back. A couple guys will be good Web.com guys. The rest will never be heard from again because they don't have the game to be there.

Dechambeau is absolutely not sandbagging on the Web.com tour.

http://www.pgatour.c...eaderboard.html

Well it means he'll have more opportunities on The TOUR going forward, but for this thread, no

My point is that no it doesn't mean anything except that now he has more opportunities on The PGA Tour. Don't be obtuse

Compared to the PGA tour it is. But except for that you're right!

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

Are you saying that a guy 130 on the money list just said "eh screw it" the last few weeks because he thought it was easier to lose his card and get it back than to pass 5 guys who are having bad years?

He knows how to swing a golf club and not how to play golf. Like Mac O'Grady. Also a Golf Machine guy.

Sorry but you don't win the US Am and find yourself near the top of the leaderboard at The Masters not knowing how to play golf.

The relevant point is that if you look at the date this thread was started both Rahm and BDC were playing on the PGA Tour via sponsor exemptions. Of importance is that Rahm didn't play in any Web.com events this year or last. So given that what tour would you think was meant when the question was asked? So much for deductive reasoning.

Sorry but you don't win the US Am and find yourself near the top of the leaderboard at The Masters not knowing how to play golf.

I believe the point is that some guys (detrimentally) get caught up playing golf swing instead of golf, no matter what they have achieved in the past.

Immelman and Weir were also "near" the top of the leaderboard at Augusta at one point in their careers.

I believe the point is that some guys (detrimentally) get caught up playing golf swing instead of golf, no matter what they have achieved in the past.

Immelman and Weir were also "near" the top of the leaderboard at Augusta at one point in their careers.

Ricky Barns won the US Am in one the toughest fields ever. Hasn't won since

Guan Tianlang made the cut at the Masters at 14, we really haven't heard of since.

Yup. I was wrong. Congrats to Bryson. I like the kid. He just needed to learn a little "humble."

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

As I believe Smeech GRM mentioned above-for the sake of this discussion neither player as yet has a tour win. Meaning PGA tour win. Does not mean you are denigrating the win or the field Bryson just won against but it most assuredly was not a PGA tour win. Check his stats-still shows "0". Web.com wins 1.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

As the OP, I want to confirm that i meant PGA tour. Not sure how anyone with decent intelligence would try to argue that a web.com tour win counts. Didn't know people could be that stupid.

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Current bag:
Titleist TS3 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65 [/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist TS2 GD Tour AD-MT 7[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 818H1 19, 818H1 23 GD Tour AD-DI 85[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Epon AF-705 5-AW MRC OT-I 95
Vokey Wedgeworks SM7 Raw 54M, 58D[/font][/size]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Scotty Cameron 009[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Taylormade TP5x[/size][/font]

OP calling poeple stupid, but yet can't make a thread title that is not clear. Talk about being obtuse.

You're the only one in this thread thinking the web.com win counts...

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Current bag:
Titleist TS3 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65 [/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist TS2 GD Tour AD-MT 7[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 818H1 19, 818H1 23 GD Tour AD-DI 85[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Epon AF-705 5-AW MRC OT-I 95
Vokey Wedgeworks SM7 Raw 54M, 58D[/font][/size]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Scotty Cameron 009[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Taylormade TP5x[/size][/font]

OP calling poeple stupid, but yet can't make a thread title that is not clear. Talk about being obtuse.

You're the only one in this thread thinking the web.com win counts...

Thread too difficult maybe. I dunno

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

Rahm will.

Seems most likely so far.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

The thread title is crystal clear. No one thinks a tour win is the web.com, Pepsi tour, swing thought.com tour, California junior tour or anything but the PGA Tour unless you are intentionally being difficult.