Jon Rahm vs Bryson DeChambeau, who gets a tour win first?

Arpeggi

Yep, it's ironic as you have Casey Martin, who has no earthly idea what it is to not give everything he's got till there are no more holes left to Play and then you've got Rahm.

The right Man and Team won as they usually do

Have a nice weeks Gents :)

My Best,

RP

I would never hold Martin up as an example to follow. His "I need an exception" attitude still stinks.

let-it-go-frozen.png

I would never hold Martin up as an example to follow. His "I need an exception" attitude still stinks.

I may need an explanation on that quote. What type exception did he need ?

He has a bad leg and has trouble walking. He sued the PGA Tour over their "No cart" rule. The PGA Tour (along with Nicklaus, Palmer and lots of others" said walking is part of the game, so they denied his request for a cart. The US courts ruled in his favor. But anybody who has ever played golf (especially in the heat with hills) knows that walking is undeniably part of the game.

I sympathise with his medical condition, but I don't agree that he should be able to ride a cart while on the PGA Tour.

And I don't agree with you. Or Nicklaus. Or Palmer. Small minded. Come time for the Sr. Tour how many were riding? I still think it was very poorly handled.

And what message did that send? The PGA is above the ADA.

meh, Casey got his 15 minutes of fame out of it but youre completely wrong about the ADA aspect of it. it didnt circumvent his rights as he wasnt disabled. Walking is an integral part whether you think its fair or not unfortunately.

I may need an explanation on that quote. What type exception did he need ?

He has a bad leg and has trouble walking. He sued the PGA Tour over their "No cart" rule. The PGA Tour (along with Nicklaus, Palmer and lots of others" said walking is part of the game, so they denied his request for a cart. The US courts ruled in his favor. But anybody who has ever played golf (especially in the heat with hills) knows that walking is undeniably part of the game.

I sympathise with his medical condition, but I don't agree that he should be able to ride a cart while on the PGA Tour.

And I don't agree with you. Or Nicklaus. Or Palmer. Small minded. Come time for the Sr. Tour how many were riding? I still think it was very poorly handled.

And what message did that send? The PGA is above the ADA.

meh, Casey got his 15 minutes of fame out of it but youre completely wrong about the ADA aspect of it. it didnt circumvent his rights as he wasnt disabled. Walking is an integral part whether you think its fair or not unfortunately.

Huh? The Supreme Court specifically ruled that the PGA Tour isn't exempt from the ADA, and the Supreme Court specifically ruled that, under the ADA, Casey was allowed to use a cart on the PGA Tour. This info is a quick google away. Might want to give that a shot before calling someone else "completely wrong" when it is in fact you who are completely wrong. And now he's not disabled either? Good grief. You're really not in a position to call other people "completely wrong" here.

Calm down! You are wrong because there were no consequences to the ADAs enforcement which is what I clearly meant.Have there been any similar challenges to the tour since then? exactly. I am very aware of the ruling but it was a pyrrhic "victory" for a desperate player who knew this was it for him. Taking the handicap route was what his lawyers advised him to do and I really wish he didnt because he wasnt legally disabled at the time(laws definition not mine).Feeling sorry for someone isnt reason enough to circumvent rules and have advantages no other player has. Having a limp and feeling sore after a round because of a condition which later could lead to amputation is not really a disability in my book.Its just a bad break. Thats why the tour has medical exemptions. It sounds cold hearted but im strictly arguing from a pros perspective( im a mini tour player). I play with vets all the time some who are missing entire legs and they walk. its just my opinion dont get so bent out of shape. If you rely on the supreme court to provide you with all the answers and guidance then theres nothing left for me to say.take care

Calm down! You are wrong because there were no consequences to the ADAs enforcement which is what I clearly meant.Have there been any similar challenges to the tour since then? exactly. I am very aware of the ruling but it was a pyrrhic "victory" for a desperate player who knew this was it for him. Taking the handicap route was what his lawyers advised him to do and I really wish he didnt because he wasnt legally disabled at the time(laws definition not mine).Feeling sorry for someone isnt reason enough to circumvent rules and have advantages no other player has. Having a limp and feeling sore after a round because of a condition which later could lead to amputation is not really a disability in my book.Its just a bad break. Thats why the tour has medical exemptions. It sounds cold hearted but im strictly arguing from a pros perspective( im a mini tour player). I play with vets all the time some who are missing entire legs and they walk. its just my opinion dont get so bent out of shape. If you rely on the supreme court to provide you with all the answers and guidance then theres nothing left for me to say.take care

First of all, a medical exemption is for a player recovering from a temporary medical condition--wrist surgery or something like that--not for a permanent medical condition like Martin's. There's so much else wrong with that post I don't even know where to start. Your opinion about who is and isn't disabled and what accommodations should or should not be made carries more weight than the Supreme Court? Okay bud. "There were no consequences to the ADAs enforcement which is what I clearly meant. Have there been any similar challenges to the tour since then? exactly." What does that word salad mean? There haven't been consequences to the PGA Tour because no other handicapped golfer since then has been good enough to play on tour? And if there were no consequences, then by definition there was no "Pyrrhic victory." That's great that you play with injured vets and they walk. Are any of them good enough to play on tour? If so, would any of them be able to Monday qualify and then walk 72 holes Thursday through Sunday without a cart? Or would perhaps having a cart--as is their specific right under the ADA thanks to Martin--help them make the tour? And then there's this gem: "Taking the handicap route was what his lawyers advised him to do." Oh, I see, it was just a legal maneuver for him to be handicapped, rather than, say, a fact of life? And I'll try not to speculate on where your grumbling about his "15 minutes of fame" and him being a "desperate player" really comes from.

Anyhow, this is supposed to be a thread about two other dudes, and instead it's turned into a magnet for folks who, for whatever reason, need to kick a cripple, so I'll just let it slide from now on.

The answer to OP's question is Rahm.

Well, all that is great but Supreme Court was wrong when it comes to the game of golf and I can't see how one can celebrate that institution's butting in and deciding what is and what isn't part of golf. That ruling was wrong and Martin is partially responsible for it.

TM SIM Max 10.5* Atmos Blue 65S
TM M3 3W Matrix Ozik HD6 S

TM M4 Rescue 3
TM M3 Rescue 5

Srixon 565 5-P PX LZ 5.5
PING Glide 52*SS 58*WS 60*TS
Odyssey #9 O-Works

Tiger was overrated.....

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friends,

A Hater :)

A big maybe here, but have you ever seen him quit on the course?

PS: JD is my all time favorite golfer hands down!

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

First of all, a medical exemption is for a player recovering from a temporary medical condition--wrist surgery or something like that--not for a permanent medical condition like Martin's. There's so much else wrong with that post I don't even know where to start. Your opinion about who is and isn't disabled and what accommodations should or should not be made carries more weight than the Supreme Court? Okay bud. "There were no consequences to the ADAs enforcement which is what I clearly meant. Have there been any similar challenges to the tour since then? exactly." What does that word salad mean? There haven't been consequences to the PGA Tour because no other handicapped golfer since then has been good enough to play on tour? And if there were no consequences, then by definition there was no "Pyrrhic victory." That's great that you play with injured vets and they walk. Are any of them good enough to play on tour? If so, would any of them be able to Monday qualify and then walk 72 holes Thursday through Sunday without a cart? Or would perhaps having a cart--as is their specific right under the ADA thanks to Martin--help them make the tour? And then there's this gem: "Taking the handicap route was what his lawyers advised him to do." Oh, I see, it was just a legal maneuver for him to be handicapped, rather than, say, a fact of life? And I'll try not to speculate on where your grumbling about his "15 minutes of fame" and him being a "desperate player" really comes from.

Anyhow, this is supposed to be a thread about two other dudes, and instead it's turned into a magnet for folks who, for whatever reason, need to kick a cripple, so I'll just let it slide from now on.

The answer to OP's question is Rahm.

You seem pretty upset/emotional over my post. Way to pretend to take the high road. Take care

Well, all that is great but Supreme Court was wrong when it comes to the game of golf and I can't see how one can celebrate that institution's butting in and deciding what is and what isn't part of golf. That ruling was wrong and Martin is partially responsible for it.

Dont bother logic like that is not allowed here. I agree with your post 100%. When your whole position is the supreme court ruled... you have already lost an argument.

Dont bother logic like that is not allowed here. I agree with your post 100%. When your whole position is the supreme court ruled... you have already lost an argument.

May be losing the argument, but in Casey's POV won the case :taunt:

No. One loses arguments when they employ incongruent thinking (and poor grammar).

The Court made the right decision in the Martin case and weren't 'activist' when doing so.

You seem very upset by this. Might be time to let it go.

Perhaps I wasn't clear. The message delivered by PGA elder statesmen gave the impression that the PGA was above the ADA. The message. The Supreme Court got it right. And I think that the fact it hasn't come up since shows you can make an exception for the truly exceptional without upsetting the apple cart. (Ha)

I do find it funny that so many that likely ride carts including club tourneys and such want to protect the integrity of competition.

And I still say Rahm wins first.

No. One loses arguments when they employ incongruent thinking (and poor grammar).

The Court made the right decision in the Martin case and weren't 'activist' when doing so.

You seem very upset by this. Might be time to let it go.

Nope, not even close. You forgot to put " in my opinion" prior to your statements. Your passive aggressive tone is noted and coming in here and dropping an irrelevant multisyllabic word like " incongruent" to attempt to give yourself credibility or make yourself look intelligent is pretty pathetic. I didnt start the discussion on martin but i gave my 2 cents on the subject.You dont like it fine but the supreme court argument is the equivalent to pointing to the scoreboard, it brings nothing to the table .If you really want to know how someone is on the wrong side of a discussion look no further than your attack on my supposed lack of grammar. The weakest retort known on the internet let alone a golf forum. Good grief what a sad life you must live.

Pretty much all sports are above the ADA while golf was singled out and punished through Martin's opportunism and the Court's activism. It was probably a sitting duck to be mauled in the name of retribution for its "elitist" and "white" past. Martin was instrumental in enabling that fiasco.

TM SIM Max 10.5* Atmos Blue 65S
TM M3 3W Matrix Ozik HD6 S

TM M4 Rescue 3
TM M3 Rescue 5

Srixon 565 5-P PX LZ 5.5
PING Glide 52*SS 58*WS 60*TS
Odyssey #9 O-Works

• 3 weeks later...

No win, but he's the first to get his tour card. Today's finish put him over $850k in earnings which is more than enough to guarantee him a spot in the top 125 of the money list, and I believe this is the last year that this route to a card is available to players (next year it's just top 125 of Fed Ex Cup points...and as an aside, he still wouldn't be in the top 125 of points).

Pretty much all sports are above the ADA while golf was singled out and punished through Martin's opportunism and the Court's activism. It was probably a sitting duck to be mauled in the name of retribution for its "elitist" and "white" past. Martin was instrumental in enabling that fiasco.

I know it's not PC to say so but I agree with you. Back then in particular Martin could walk, but with difficulty, and his game suffered. I had ankle surgery 3 years ago. No way in the world am I disabled. But if I was good enough to play pro I would need a cart. If I walk my ankle locks up and my scores are about 4-6 strokes worse than it I ride. But at the professional level walking and an even playing field are part of the game.

Flame away guys.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

No win, but he's the first to get his tour card. Today's finish put him over $850k in earnings which is more than enough to guarantee him a spot in the top 125 of the money list, and I believe this is the last year that this route to a card is available to players (next year it's just top 125 of Fed Ex Cup points...and as an aside, he still wouldn't be in the top 125 of points).

Well done. Clinched his tour card in 4 starts. Link to relevant numbers.

http://thegolfnewsnet.com/golfnewsnetteam/2016/07/24/jon-rahm-earned-pga-tour-card-status-2016-17-season-73675/

At this stage, they way they're playing, Rahm is on a faster trajectory to a tour card and a win.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Overall, I think that Rahm has the better all round game.

On the other hand Bryson is a working experiment. Using a theory that might or might not work in the real world.

He might tinker enough and get the Eureka moment... we can wait and see.

[size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Ping G10 9* Prolaunch Red Stiff
Titleist 913 17* S Plus 82 Stiff
Titleist 913 21* S Plus 70 Stiff
Mizuno MP63 4-Pw SG S300 Stiff
52 & 56 MD Players Cobalt Wedge Flex
58 Ping Tour S
Rife Bimini[/font][/size]