What Are You "OCD" About?

Sean2

I'm thoroughly convinced that my headcover determines my drive. I have an R2-D2 headcover that my brother gave me as a joke. I bring him to every tee box with me and set him up against the tee marker. If I don't, there is no way my ball ends in the fairway. If my friends pick him up, I tell them to put him back. Sometimes though, if I miss a few fairways in a row (which only happens once a year now that I have signed up for WRX), I'll make him wait in the cart because he's being a jerk.

God help me I've done it...

I've posted before about being OCD with headcovers having to be original. (This is so bad I'm embarassed to post it) I actually swapped out my blue odyssey versa works putter cover for an identical red one because everything else on my bag is red, black, or gray. If color-coordinating covers isn't OCD, I don't know what is.

Here's a couple from some of guys I have played with. One fellow would get mad if you stepped over or straddled the line of his putt. Another fellow never wanted you to talk to his golf ball specifically if it looked like it was going in the cup. The last guy had to have everyone stand behind him on the tee. It did not matter how far in front of him or side you were and you had better be still. One funny thing about this guy was that he knew the rules of golf, studied them. He never played by them. He was a small time Judge Smails.

I use the same grips across all my clubs but i cannot stand having grips that are slightly off (i mean slightly) and my club fitter thinks i am crazy because I will notice the smallest thing and have him remove and replace it.

I completely agree with this as I handle my own grip installs and the tape is exactly 9 3/4" with the grip sitting at exactly 10". Cannot stand when my grips are not unison in length!

Ping G410 Plus 9.0 Aldila Rogue Black 130MSI 70TX 44"
2017 Taylormade M2 Tour (16.5 degree) Aldila Tour Blue 80X
Mizuno Fli-Hi 3 iron Aldila Tour Blue 105TX
Taylormade RSI TP 4-PW PX 6.5 (+1/4”)
Maltby TSW 50, 54, and 60 wedges

"That right there was a sister-in-law shot... you're on top, it feels good, but you know you shouldn't be!"

- Random old guy in Texas

I use the same grips across all my clubs but i cannot stand having grips that are slightly off (i mean slightly) and my club fitter thinks i am crazy because I will notice the smallest thing and have him remove and replace it again. He has gotten real good and hitting the mark everytime now. I have gotten smart now and moved to the ALL BLACK NO1 grips so that this does not bother me. I have the same problem with shafts in my irons and wedges - i use Nippon and turn down the logo but if I see that logo at all i must reshaft it. I know i could probably remove the logo but that hurts resale :) so once i get them configured I feel better.

Regarding golf balls - i need to start each round with a brand new golf ball - Now, if I lose that ball during the round then I can go to the older balls with no problems.

I know i have problems but i think this is my way to stop my ho'ing from getting out of control because it takes me too long to get it perfect (in my eyes at least)

I'm just in the process of getting the same grips on every club for 2017. Hadn't realised how much it annoyed me but now I've gone with coloured grips it made the wood grips stand out.

I have to immediately take any stickers off my shafts after purchasing and rub down with Goo Gone. Drives me nuts and many of my buddies leave their stickers and price stickers on the club forever, doesn't bother them at all.

I do the same thing, and feel the same way.

I rarely clean my clubs and it makes one of my buddies very upset. He keeps a wet towel and dry towel on his bag to clean his club faces after each shot. Don't get me wrong, I might swipe out the grooves with a tee before a shot but that's about it.

Re: Golf and OCD

My only obsession is starting early. I hate going off late.

My only compulsion is a wearing a visor - no hats.

My only disorder is the inability to consistently hit a draw with the driver. I hit a fade 80% of the time.

Advice about sticker removal: A store associate will take the sticker and glue off for you. Just ask.

God knows we pay enough for new gear.

All of this = me.... yeah I always ask them to take off stickers. They have a heat gun back there. Golfdom in Tysons does it without asking.

TM SIM2 Stock Ventus

TM SIM2 MAX Rocket Oban Devotion
Callaway Rogue 17 Degree Project X Even Flow Blue
Titleist TS2 21 Degree Tensei Blue
Titleist T300 5-GW Nippon 950GH
Vokey SM6 54 + 58 KBS C Taper
Odyssey EXO 7s
Vice Pro Plus / Kirkland Signature

My list is:

Usually get to the course approx 45 minutes before tee time. I hate being late and rushed.

Cleaning or wiping off clubs after every hit.

Clubs have to go in its designated slot

Cant take the putter cover to the green, have to leave it stuck in the putter well hole.

Cleaning ball before putting (I told myself I need to bring a towel to the green with my but I havnt got into that routine yet) If its dirty enough I usually spit on it and wipe it off.

Tee has to be stuck in my hat between the hat and my head right side.

Divot tool and ball marker has to be right side.

Glove has to go in the left pocket fingers sticking out

My goodness, I have to go see the doctor, I have almost everything posted so far, that's why I didn't want to post anything...3 natural color wooden tees, 2 long tees, 1 short tee, poker style ball marker with smaller magnetized marker insert, ball mark repairer, all in right pocket, glove in back right pocket fingers sticking out...all golf balls have a line on the clear side, clubs must be clean prior to hitting the next shot, woods must be clean (wiped down after any shot), grips must feel tacky...just to mention a few...

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

• 7 months later...

I have to have my clubs cleaned before my next round, have my water bottles filled with Gatorade that I mix at home. I also have to check my bag before I leave to make sure I have everything. When I tee off I have to have my app loaded (free caddie pro), ball markers and divot tool with nothing else in my pockets.

I have to keep my clubs clean. Wipe them off after every shot and clean regularly. I use the same ball marker every round, and I try to use a new (or at least barely used) ball every round. Once the shiny cover wears off it's hard for me to use it, but then my bag is full of expensive worn golf balls. Also OCD about my ball marks and divots. It makes it harder when it's cart path only, but if you're right next to it, fill your divot.

When I start the round I put my glove in my back left pocket, pitch mark repair tool in back right, and 3 driver tees and ball marker in the right pocket. Ball also goes in right pocket when done with the hole so I can grab it and a tee when I get to the tee box. When I tee the ball up I step on the spot behind the ball. Only use broken tees on par 3's. After I hit a club I won't clean it but I'll clean it when I pull it out of the bag if it's dirty. Clubs go back in the spot they were pulled from. Fix my pitch mark and any others I happen to come across. Clean my ball before putting and align it using the line on the ball.

1. The placement of EVERYTHING in my bag

2. Having snacks. I'm never prepared for anything except for the golf course. I even pack enough for buddies in case they get lethargic out there. I'm basically a golf mom (I'm a man, with no kids).

PING G25

PING G25 4W

TaylorMade Burner 3H

PING i200 4 - U

Cleveland RTX 2.0 54°, 58°

Mizuno MCraft II

I've gotten this way about ball markers. I love the old school stick in the ground ball markers. I don't like to use anything else. I like the fact that they don't move. I have had people step on my coin and it stick to their shoe and get moved. I have taped coins down when asked and they stick to the putter. These just stay in place and they are super flat.