What Are You "OCD" About?

Sean2

Oh man. My friend just sent me this because he knows how crazy I am. I'm surprised I didn't find this on my own

He gives me hell (rightfully so) because I have an obsession with my grips having to match my graphite shafts. I use new decades on all my clubs but the woods have to match. I'm always trying new shafts and even have to do this before I even know if I like the shaft. I'm going crazy right now because I just got a Motore Speeder 5.2 (non ts, dark purple) to try and I can't find any black/purple new decades anywhere! I bought one on eBay but it's def a fake. Found the only place online that had them and got an email that they were actually gone. I even called Callaway since they have the their "chev" version still available on new clubs. I called and they gave me the part number for a dealer to order but he was honest and told me they have 500 in stock in Mexico but they aren't particularly fast at shipping out grip orders and it would probably take about 3 weeks to get them. Needless to say, my OCD on this one is giving me enough anxiety.

I also have a thing about my driver, 3 wood and hybrid shafts all matching if possible too. I need help.....

Dimes. I'm OCD about dimes. I always carry about 6 to 8 of 'em in my pocket. That way, when I reach into my pocket, I don't have to fish around for a ball marker. Dimes are best... small, thin and can be pushed down into the green so a ball can actually roll over them without being impeded. There's always a guy in the group who has no ball marker, so I loan him a dime for the day, letting him know it's a big part of my 401K, so returning it at the end of the round is important. I've never gotten a dime back. More important is providing a dime ball marker to the guy who nauseatingly marks his ball with a token bigger than a platter you'd carve a turkey on.

I hate those manhole cover ball markers. They give me putting yips even if they are placed on the other side of the green 20 yds away from my ball.

too many to list, virtually all have already been mentioned...

most of the things written on here clearly are superstitions and routine.

Sun Mountain 2017 4.5 LS 4-way Stand Bag

PING Anser 11°, Graphite Design Tour AD Black Di-6-X

Titleist 915Fd 15° 3W, Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S

Wilson/Staff D-100 19° 3H, Matrix Ozik Altus 5.6-S

Adams Idea Black CB2 4-PW, KBS Tour 90-S

Nike VR Pro X3X 52/10 & 58/10, DG S400

Edel E-1

I only use natural color tees and all clubs must be in the right slots

You use tees that aren't white and you're in a golf OCD forum? How so you expect me to sleep tonight, seriously!? lol

• Ping G400 9* Fujikura Speeder 661 X (+16g head weight)
  • Tour Edge Exotics CB3 Tour 18*, True Temper Bi Matrix RXi X 
  • Adams Idea A7 19* & 22* UST V2 Hybrid X +0.5'
  • Mizuno MP20 HMB 4i KBS C-Taper 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Mizuno MP20 MMC 5-7 Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Mizuno MP20 MB 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Cleveland RTX3 V-MG 50* TT S400 +0.5'
  • Nike Engage Raw 54* TT S400 +0.5'
  • Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 60* TT S400 +0.5'
  • EVNROLL 2.2 35' Super Stroke GTR 1.0

Dimes. I'm OCD about dimes. I always carry about 6 to 8 of 'em in my pocket. That way, when I reach into my pocket, I don't have to fish around for a ball marker. Dimes are best... small, thin and can be pushed down into the green so a ball can actually roll over them without being impeded. There's always a guy in the group who has no ball marker, so I loan him a dime for the day, letting him know it's a big part of my 401K, so returning it at the end of the round is important. I've never gotten a dime back. More important is providing a dime ball marker to the guy who nauseatingly marks his ball with a token bigger than a platter you'd carve a turkey on.

Well I guess in your eyes I am guilty as charged I use a poker chip have done so for quite some time now. LOL one of the guys in the Mafia group as it is dubbed is one of the big wheels in the company that owns most of the courses we play on. He calls poker chips "man hole covers" I told him yep they are but that does not stop you guys from selling thousands with the different course logos on them to the tourists. I have a bunch of poker chips but none with course logos. 2 of them came with my Grizzly Dip years ago and one is a $20 off a tattoo at my friends tattoo parlor. I won it off him on some kind of crazy bet years ago and still make it a point to use it when we play together even if we are partners. I found 2 Crown Royal bags full of Tequila Patron poker chips in a junk car at work one day and yes I kept them and the two CR bags too along with the 15 other CR bags I found in the same car

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

I have always wore pants when I play. I am not OCD about it just something I prefer and it wouldn't be the end of the world if I wore shorts. I also use neon green tees when I hit the driver. It is a mental thing with me because it is the start of the hole and green means go.

Hah! The only times I've tapped down my ball marker and walked away with my marker stuck to the bottom of the my putter have been when using dimes! And the only time I've ever marked my ball and simply couldn't find it again after walking around the green was with a penny. These day's I keep quarters in my pocket, and always get them back after tossing them to folks without. I like the man hole covers just fine, I especially like it when they're just outside my line, and I push the putt, but it bounces off the mark and goes in! (that has only happened once, but it was great!}

I have always wore pants when I play. I am not OCD about it just something I prefer and it wouldn't be the end of the world if I wore shorts. I also use neon green tees when I hit the driver. It is a mental thing with me because it is the start of the hole and green means go.

Man oh man I use any tee I find do not care about the color or if they are plastic or wood. I am 60 years old and have never bought a tee in my life. I love it down here in the tourist golf season because the first thing they do off the plane is hit the big box stores and buy the jumbo bags of tees. They do not bother to pick them up either.

I hate those manhole cover ball markers. They give me putting yips even if they are placed on the other side of the green 20 yds away from my ball.

Uh HUUH! I know how to shake you up now if we ever get to play. Seriously if playing with folks I have never played with before I will ask if the chips bother them and I carry a couple of standard ball markers just in case. Come to think of it I have never had anyone say in person that it bothered them. But in all seriousness if we played together and it bothered you I would use a standard sized one about the size of a nickel

Uh HUUH! I know how to shake you up now if we ever get to play. Seriously if playing with folks I have never played with before I will ask if the chips bother them and I carry a couple of standard ball markers just in case. Come to think of it I have never had anyone say in person that it bothered them. But in all seriousness if we played together and it bothered you I would use a standard sized one about the size of a nickel

Actually Stu I was exaggerating. They don't really bother but more like make me scratch my head wondering "why so big"? Although if one is anywhere near my line I will have the owner move it.

I'm most OCD about my clubs and their position in the bag. Everything has its place and must be returned to that place after use in a way that is just so. A couple friends give me a hard time because I know if someone even touches my clubs.

People not repairing and stamping down divots or pitch marks also drives me up a wall. The rest of the group will be lining-up putts and I'm crisscrossing the the green repairing craters...

Well I guess in your eyes I am guilty as charged I use a poker chip have done so for quite some time now. LOL one of the guys in the Mafia group as it is dubbed is one of the big wheels in the company that owns most of the courses we play on. He calls poker chips "man hole covers" I told him yep they are but that does not stop you guys from selling thousands with the different course logos on them to the tourists. I have a bunch of poker chips but none with course logos. 2 of them came with my Grizzly Dip years ago and one is a $20 off a tattoo at my friends tattoo parlor. I won it off him on some kind of crazy bet years ago and still make it a point to use it when we play together even if we are partners. I found 2 Crown Royal bags full of Tequila Patron poker chips in a junk car at work one day and yes I kept them and the two CR bags too along with the 15 other CR bags I found in the same car

Jeez, who ever owned that car sure liked Crown Royal. Wonder if he ever made it up to the CR plant located an hour from my door. They process all the CR for sale worldwide, they have 2 million barrels stored in 50 warehouses.You might have to make a road trip north BIG STU.

Just that everything in my bag goes in the same spot it came from. I hate having to dig around for stuff that I use or need, so it always goes right back where it came from. Not to mention that I sometimes go on mental cruise control and if something isn't where I left it, I will start looking for it, and forget the next step in the "process" thus forgetting whatever I was going to do next like grab my divot repair tool or take my range finder out etc...

• 2 weeks later...

Must have 3 new gloves in bag at all times, my hands sweat quite a bit. Knowing I have plenty of back-ups is comforting.

Shorts with dress style (i.e. Wing tip gator golf shoes with shorts)...def not my thing. Looks hideous. So many shoe styles, have a pair to accommodate your attire.

Titleist 917 D3 Tour Spec Speeder
Titleist 917 F2 Tensei Orange
Titleist 818 H2 Tensei White
Titleist 718 CB 4-PW KBS C-Taper Limited Gun Metal
PXG Darkness 52/58 MCI-100 black
009 ProV1

1) If I have to take a piss, I will- I cannot stand playing when I have to piss. I will hit bad shots if this happens, so I don't let it happen.

2) Always clean clubs after shots.

3) Always clean the ball on the green.

4) Fix ball marks if I see them- this drives me nuts. It's our club! Take care of the greens!

Man oh man I use any tee I find do not care about the color or if they are plastic or wood. I am 60 years old and have never bought a tee in my life. I love it down here in the tourist golf season because the first thing they do off the plane is hit the big box stores and buy the jumbo bags of tees. They do not bother to pick them up either.

My boys and I pick up tees all the time, our saying is "only lazy people buy tees". On the range there are often guys that get a bucket and a bag of tees and don't bother retrieving them and leave a half full bag after they are done. I find that strange, I'm not at all poor it seems odd that they would not pick up a half full bag of tees.

1) If I have to take a piss, I will- I cannot stand playing when I have to piss. I will hit bad shots if this happens, so I don't let it happen.

2) Always clean clubs after shots.

3) Always clean the ball on the green.

4) Fix ball marks if I see them- this drives me nuts. It's our club! Take care of the greens!

I'm with you on all four of those.

Tees. Have to pick up used tees from tee box and throw them away or keep them. Or if they are broken but long enough, I take them home, cut them down to a smaller tee with my hedge clippers and use them for iron/hybrid tees. I don't know why this has become a religion for me. I'm not that cheap or ocd otherwise.