2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Tyson Lamb Putters & Crafts

I wish I had more than I have!!! I'll post more pictures soon.......

We need more photos!

You showing photos does us no good cuz we can't get one!

You don’t have one, Felix?

I do. I'm just being a sarcastic *****. Lol. U can't make people happy no matter what u do.

damned if you do and damned if you don't, right! poor tyson-- guy makes putters and people ridicule them for not being cohesive enough. making fun of dancing letters. who doesn't do that? poor felix-- makes a good joke and half the world doesn't get it. hey at least we got lucky and were on the wagon early

Edit - looks like my posts is a bit redundant. Whats the site dot on the one posted above?

It's a welded sight dot.

Titleist - 917-D3, 8.5 - AD BB-6X
Titleist - 917-F, 15 - AD BB-7X
Titleist - 916 T-MB 2 Iron - AD DI-105x
BB&F Co - DW - CB, 4-P - TI AMT X100
BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale
MacKenzie - Sugarloaf Walker

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need more photos!

I do. I'm just being a sarcastic *****. Lol. U can't make people happy no matter what u do.

damned if you do and damned if you don't, right! poor tyson-- guy makes putters and people ridicule them for not being cohesive enough. making fun of dancing letters. who doesn't do that? poor felix-- makes a good joke and half the world doesn't get it. hey at least we got lucky and were on the wagon early

Edit - looks like my posts is a bit redundant. Whats the site dot on the one posted above?

Man no need to edit your post.

WRX is meant for people to give their opinions.

People are more sensitive on both sides.

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

Not my putter but unique sight dot for sure.

protos F4

^^^ it wasn't my original comment about the dancing letters, no need for me to chime in when the person who made it was already commenting. I just didn't read down far enough before replying.

That site dot is cool, couldn't tell if it was a weld or some kind of rivet.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

^^^ it wasn't my original comment about the dancing letters, no need for me to chime in when the person who made it was already commenting. I just didn't read down far enough before replying.

That site dot is cool, couldn't tell if it was a weld or some kind of rivet.

Great example of what wrx is design for.

Enjoy a welded sight dot.. really cool and just gives an added pop.

protos F4

Mr. Grumpy..

I get what you were saying.. everything is dancing but the Texas logo are Line up perfectly.

Party all around and business in the cavity. Like a triple reverse mullet.

The owner had a vision, so cannot knock that. It is the eye of the beholder. He or she had a rhyme or reason.

We all can agree it is cool to see a copper one :) hmmmm... copper

DOOOOD. I must see a triple reverse mullet before i die.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

Any arguments about how you like your dancing letters on a Lamb putter are unfortunately largely irrelevant because it is not like regular people can get their hands on one. Artificial scarcity and targeted ambassador placement help drive demand, but make it irrelevant for the majority of us. Based on his posts, Jasonfish_02 obviously has access to Tyson's putters and gets to try and use lots of awesome ones, which is great for him, but it makes little difference to the vast majority of those in this thread that want to try let alone own one.

I’ve only bought one putter directly from Tyson. The other putters I have or have had were all through the secondary market.

I saw this first listing and thought to myself, hmmmmmmm......

https://www.ebay.com...VMAAOSw~vNasF51

Then I found this gem and thought to myself, they've vastly undervalued their sale, and someone is gonna get away with a steal!!!!

https://www.ebay.com...jwAAOSwv7ZavWl9

FYI, many will find both sales equally amusing and not too different. The second seller must be a WRXer for sure!

Edit: Come to think of it, the first seller may be WRX too. I don't know what that says..... :russian_roulette:

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

We need more photos!

Haha that's the world we live in Miles. Tyson will be just fine. To be fair, I think the guy making that dancing letter comment didn't mean anything against Tyson. Tyson's dancing letters are usually more "free hand" and not perfect like he was describing. There was just limited space on the bottom to have that effect and also, Tyson just does what the customer requests.

Im jealous about lambjam btw!

Ditto that Felix.

I was really hoping I would get a plane over from the UK to meet you all. Bit gutted really!

Good to see you are in the Lamb world tho!

Rich

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]WITB:[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7+ 8.5º w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 3/4F @ 14.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 65S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 2/3H @ 17.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 75S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Titleist 718 T-MB 4-PW w/KBS $-Taper 120[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Cleveland RTX 3 [/size][/color][/font][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]50º,[/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]54º and [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]58º w/PX 5.5[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Tyson Lamb Allendale 350g[/size][/font][/color]

Maybe I am missing something here. How are these putters so expensive?

Hand made (finished off), quality, uniqueness, collectability, supply & demand.

Sounds like what Byron, David MIlls, Lamont, Piretti do without the supply and demand gamesmanship or am I missing something?

Titleist TSR2 GD UB 6S
TEE CB5 4 wood Fubuki Tour
Srixon ZX7 5-pw Nippon Modus 120
Miura custom raw 50 54, 56 Nippon WV 125

David Mills SG Dale Pencil flowneck
David Mills Custom torched Heritage SS flow neck
David Mills Custom Carbon flow neck Hertitage V2 with Nitride finish
David Mills Carbon Ming V3 pencil flow neck
Byron Rincon DH89

Maybe I am missing something here. How are these putters so expensive?

Hand made (finished off), quality, uniqueness, collectability, supply & demand.

Sounds like what Byron, David MIlls, Lamont, Piretti do without the supply and demand gamesmanship or am I missing something?

no no...you got it right.

Taylormade Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 10*) / Denali Black 60TX

Taylormade Qi10 Tour / 3w (dialed 1 notch higher) / HZRDUS RDX Smoke Green 85 6.5

Taylormade P-DHY / 2i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW (3* weak) / KBS Tour X

Cleveland RTX6 / 54, 58 (full face2) / DG TI Spinner

Odyssey Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

Handmade (finished off)? They enter a design into a computer and the computer cuts out the putter right? How is this different? Don't get me wrong, I think they are beautiful putters, but just wonder how these are selling for such a large price tag. Again, Good for Tyson, If people will pay that price then sell them for that price!

But then again I don't understand why people will pay $500 for a pair of sneakers either.

Would love to see a video or timelapse photo series of beginning to end

Ping G LS Tec 9d w/ Graphite Design Tour AD S
Taylormade Rocketballz 3w w/ Graphite Design Tour AD s
TaylorMade RBZ TP 18.5* Stock
4-PW Srixon Z765 KBS C-Taper Lite Reg
50* 54* 58* Mizuno Mp-T5
Bettinardi Tiki

Handmade (finished off)? They enter a design into a computer and the computer cuts out the putter right? How is this different? Don't get me wrong, I think they are beautiful putters, but just wonder how these are selling for such a large price tag. Again, Good for Tyson, If people will pay that price then sell them for that price!

But then again I don't understand why people will pay $500 for a pair of sneakers either.

Would love to see a video or timelapse photo series of beginning to end

I think (would like to believe) that he puts more hands on work into the putter than some of the others. He does everything in house, rather than having machinist elsewhere cut the metal and send the rough product to them to complete. I would guess that makes it more expensive to produce. I could be wrong about it all, wouldn't be the first time.

We can break down all of the boutique producers and go over their brand, analyze every single iota of detail, but at the end of the day, it is anyone's given choice to use boutique producers, bags and putters alike -- and it is the producer's choice to come to whatever price-point they deem is reasonable and is conducive to their cost of living. It's as simple as that.

Personally, I don't think he's charging enough. TableRock's numbers are closer to what the realized value is.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

We can break down all of the boutique producers and go over their brand, analyze every single iota of detail, but at the end of the day, it is anyone's given choice to use boutique producers, bags and putters alike -- and it is the producer's choice to come to whatever price-point they deem is reasonable and is conducive to their cost of living. It's as simple as that.

Personally, I don't think he's charging enough. TableRock's numbers are closer to what the realized value is.

Which will make next month's release probably look like the California gold rush. If he's selling 50 putters as is to be believed, how many of those will come up on the secondary market a week later?

You don’t think a newcomer to the scene, charging more for a custom than anyone other than SC, and coming pretty close to that number, is charging enough? I’ll have some of whatever your smoking.

Sells out every time.

Some want it, some do no€™t, some get it, some will not.

Brown is riding his midget horse into the sunset with two or more lamb plumbers holstered.

Puff puff pass please.

protos F4

You don't think a newcomer to the scene, charging more for a custom than anyone other than SC, and coming pretty close to that number, is charging enough? I'll have some of whatever your smoking.

Looks to me like he has hit the sweet spot for pricing on virtually everything. The only thing that didn't fly outta the store that I've seen were the $235 Grayson headcovers, which were too plentiful and too expensive. Putters have been nonexistent for months, which has built massive demand.

You don't think a newcomer to the scene, charging more for a custom than anyone other than SC, and coming pretty close to that number, is charging enough? I'll have some of whatever your smoking.

I think you're a little curious why he's commanding price-points where other producers can't and won't -- besides your note of Mr. Cameron. Maybe it's because your natural instinct at that ultra premium price-point is only to think of Cameron. And that's fine, but why can't there be competition? Quite frankly, once you get over the price-point of Cameron, you start to realize he doesn't even make putters. And that his stamping is really stinky (man it stinks). But if you look at a Lamb, holy smokes, the kid can stamp. I love looking at his stamping. Here's a putter I'm getting soon.....

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

I think you're a little curious why he's commanding price-points where other producers can't and won't -- besides your note of Mr. Cameron. Maybe it's because your natural instinct at that ultra premium price-point is only to think of Cameron. And that's fine, but why can't there be competition? Quite frankly, once you get over the price-point of Cameron, you start to realize he doesn't even make putters. And that his stamping is really stinky (man it stinks). But if you look at a Lamb, holy smokes, the kid can stamp. I love looking at his stamping. Here's a putter I'm getting soon.....

I’m not curious, was just commenting on you saying he should be charging more. He already charges more than 99% of the market, other than tour Cameron’s. That’s the only reason I thought of Scotty, don’t play one personally. I get the manipulation of price by not making putters and prefer guys like Byron who are down to grind out some orders. I’m also looking at covers and donut markers, a year ago ITT everyone’s complaining about not getting one and now if you post one on the BST you won’t get any messages. Curious to see if the putters follow suit.

The one you just posted looks amazing.

I'm not curious, was just commenting on you saying he should be charging more. He already charges more than 99% of the market, other than tour Cameron's. That's the only reason I thought of Scotty, don't play one personally. I get the manipulation of price by not making putters and prefer guys like Byron who are down to grind out some orders. I'm also looking at covers and donut markers, a year ago ITT everyone's complaining about not getting one and now if you post one on the BST you won't get any messages. Curious to see if the putters follow suit.

I don't think the BST here is the greatest barometer of Lamb popularity. But I will agree that there's kind of a lull at the moment with people waiting for the new markers. Those appear to be the straw that stirs everything.

I'm not curious, was just commenting on you saying he should be charging more. He already charges more than 99% of the market, other than tour Cameron's. That's the only reason I thought of Scotty, don't play one personally. I get the manipulation of price by not making putters and prefer guys like Byron who are down to grind out some orders. I'm also looking at covers and donut markers, a year ago ITT everyone's complaining about not getting one and now if you post one on the BST you won't get any messages. Curious to see if the putters follow suit.

He'll have the market share of Cameron if he can continue to responsibly grow to the point where it only makes sense to go OEM. Tyson is extremely in touch with his brand. If he loses touch with the brand, he may lose it. But I really don't see that happening. And we can't forget Tana has owned a successful business herself.

With regards to the shift in supply & demand on [in particular] covers : you have a valid point -- but IMO we're seeing a shift away from standardized releases. They're good for Cameron's predictable income, but other companies are proving that if you simply have a really solid product, you're going to get income. Bryan Vick with his putter head keychains is a good example of this. Pretty much anything The Golf Garage releases is another. Someone just released a triton divot tool (can't remember the company but it's dope). These are all in a way children of the Cameron Handmades, but IMO Tyson has changed the way we've viewed accessories. It's certainly changed the way producers see their stainless steel, bronze, and copper.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

Unless TW wins a major with a TL, the market demand will forever remain in his hands on the putting surface.... He built the brand, even if Don is too conceited for that grateful admission. Presence builds a sustainable demand, and we all saw how '97 changed SC's world, pumping his bank account and ego into the stratosphere. There's a reason why the term boutique is so hard to stray away from here in this thread.

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

It will be interesting to see how the Tyson Lamb business evolves. Seems like the secondary market for the accessories isn't as active or profitable as it once was, at least from what I can see here and on eBay. The Masters Members Only cover isn't selling at all, and the pop top markers are way down in price from a month ago. Could just be a lull, could be increased competition from other boutique makers. Only time will tell.

I got some really cool markers from Johnston Gray and Bastain Milled and headcovers from Swag, so there just seem to be lots of options for that sort of thing now.

It will be interesting to see how the Tyson Lamb business evolves. Seems like the secondary market for the accessories isn't as active or profitable as it once was, at least from what I can see here and on eBay. The Masters Members Only cover isn't selling at all, and the pop top markers are way down in price from a month ago. Could just be a lull, could be increased competition from other boutique makers. Only time will tell.

I got some really cool markers from Johnston Gray and Bastain Milled and headcovers from Swag, so there just seem to be lots of options for that sort of thing now.

But the Masters covers sold out in minutes on Lamb's site, as did poptops when they went up (and went up again and again). Does a cooled-off secondary market matter? I don't know. The market is still very strong for stuff that was limited, like shields. But anyone buying 1 of 300 Masters covers with the intention of selling for double the price within a week might have been unrealistic. It's fascinating to watch, that's for sure.