2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Mizuno JPX 900 Hot Metal

scratch72

I hit the HM with recoil 95s very well at a fitting - but hit 105-110g steel slightly better because it smoothed my transition (shaft optimizer put me in KBS X). I can't really play a 130g shaft without getting exhausted and need recoil due to injuries. Mizuno absolutely does not carry the recoil 110.

Here's my idea: I play +1/2" which I suppose means Mizuno would switch to the lighter B wt. (yellow in the fitting cart) heads.

Maybe I could order +1/2" but with standard weight heads. I could counterbalance back to normal D-2 swingweight with lead tape under grip or just below and effectively end up with a club that plays more like a 110g shaft. Am I missing anything?

I've done this on another set I play now (lead tape on head and just below the grip to offset too-light shaft) and liked how they came out.

Is the final verdict on GW and SW distances positive? I saw earlier threads expressing concerns.

Close to ordering these so thanks for inputs.

Fwiw they turned out great - heavier head plus mid sized/heavier grip plus +3/4" came out at D-3 swingweight and feel great. Glad I didn't worry about recoil 110s.

So far, like the Sand Wedge better than expected. Not seeing gapping or distance issues yet but will report if I do.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the Cobra Forged Tec irons, am I really going to notice that much of a difference between the HM and the forged Tec.

Those Cobra's are in the class with the JPX900 Forged. The HM's are larger and more forgiving.

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

What is up with the Mizuno web site it is not showing any of the shaft options available for the Hot Metals? Am I missing something?

I still can't find the custom shafts offered for the HM on the site...Frustrated.

I have a new favorite website...literally can get on here and build almost anything and see how much it costs. The amount of custom options on every club is amazing and I have ordered from them twice and extremely impressed with the service. I am in no way affiliated with them but do spend a fair amount of time when I get bored "building bags" just to see how much they cost...haha.

Here is the link. http://www.golfusama...izunoirons.html

So, I know the buzz on these has died down as tends to happen, but these are truly outstanding irons. Noticeably, the best GI irons I've played, and I've tested out many (many) GI irons over the past few years. Just a perfect combination for me with the Modus Tour 105 shafts. We had a nor-easter (monsoon...) soak NJ on Saturday, and with uber-soft conditions on Sunday, not one dig or poor shot in 18 holes. Love 'em.

Ping G430 Max 9* Driver, GD Tour AD VR-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 and 5 Woods, GD Tour AD VR-7 S

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HM Irons 6-GW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

Odyssey O-Works #7CH Putter

So, I know the buzz on these has died down as tends to happen, but these are truly outstanding irons. Noticeably, the best GI irons I've played, and I've tested out many (many) GI irons over the past few years. Just a perfect combination for me with the Modus Tour 105 shafts. We had a nor-easter (monsoon...) soak NJ on Saturday, and with uber-soft conditions on Sunday, not one dig or poor shot in 18 holes. Love 'em.

Yep....buzz always subsides in time. That said I had a tendency to change irons like most change underwear...but these aren't going anywhere. To me the best GI irons I have seen and played with in years...including Ping. I was in the local PGA superstore yesterday and as is custom went back and checked the used club sets...saw 2 sets of 545's, 3 sets of Mizuno JPX 900 forged, 2 sets of tours, 2 sets of PING i-200's and 2 more G's...but not a single set of HM's. The Ping sets were like new...one of them didn't even look like they had been used, and one of the forged sets looked new as well. Also saw a few sets of TM M1 and M2 irons....also in like new condition.

[color=#ff0000][i][size=2]Ping G 400 LST 10* Project X HZRDUS Yellow[/size]
[size=2]Ping G400 3&5 Fairway Woods Graphite Design AD DI[/size]
[size=2]Ping G400 19* Hybrid Stock Shaft[/size]
[size=2]Ping G 400 4-PW NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105's[/size][/i][/color]
[color=#ff0000][i][size=2]Titleist SM6 52/12 and 58/12[/size]
[size=2]Scotty Cameron Newport 2[/size][/i][/color]
[color=#ff0000][i][size=2]Bridgestone B330RX or B330S[/size][/i][/color]

Gotta agree with you guys. I own a set and I also game mp54's. I just keep going back to the HM's over and over because of how forgiving they are nd easy to hit. I mis-struck the 5i and it still went about the same distance it would normally. Mishit my MP54, especially toe side, and lose a ton of yards. For those days where maybe I'm a little tight or tired and I just don't feel it, the HM's go right back into the back.

My ONLY gripe is they don't feel as soft as my 54's but obviously you can't expect that from a casting. I love the soft satin look from address and the long irons are so freaking forgiving once you come back to them from players. I was going to sell them because I loved the feel of the 54's so much, but I'm actually considering keeping them and putting the 5i and maybe 6i into my set to make it a hybrid.

Very happy indeed with HM. These clubs will stay in my bag for a long time. I changed irons a lot in a couple of years. X2 Hot, XR, G30. But none is that good as HM. I see more distance and a straighter flight. Could be that the shaft (nippon modus tour 105) suits me better but overall it is confidence inspired to hit them. It is also without doubt the best looking GI irons I have used.

[b]WITB:[/b]
[b]Driver: Ping G 400 SFT 10*[/b]
[b]Fairway: Callaway XR 16 5w[/b]
[b]Hybrids: Ping G 400 5h[/b]
[b]Irons: Mizuno 900 HM 6-GW[/b]
[b]Wedges: Cleveland RTX 3 54/58*[/b]
[b]Putter: Odyssey Works Versa 9 HT[/b]
[b]Bag: Sun Mountain 3.5[/b]

I am in the minority here, I just can't fall in love the the Hot Metals and I think it is the recoil shaft. I came from Mizuno JPX 800's and KBS tour stiff shafts and the Hot Metals are a half a club shorter then my old 800 series Mizzy's. I have elbow and shoulder issues and the recoils just felt too good on my body to not go with them but I have a super aggressive swing and my ball striking sucks with this set-up. I am sure it is the Indian and not the arrow but so far I wish I would have gone with the CF16's or the Cobra Forged Tec over the Hot Metal, I have buyers remorse.

Quick update - still like the irons very much and no problem with recoils or weight (see my earlier stuff about hefting them up a bit).

Re: wedges...yeah the GW and SW might be a smidgeon less hot. My GW (50*) seems to be pretty close to 20 yards shorter than the PW (45*)...maybe 3 yards bigger gap than I'd expect based on loft. I think the SW is probably closer to the expected 15-17 yards shorter than GW. My lob is a 58 PM grind which isn't leaving the bag.

I'll probably bend both the GW and SW one degree strong and just play (45, 49, 54, 58).

If you're thinking about getting the HM wedges, just for continuity from the fairway through the SW-GW-PW I think they're fine.

What is up with the Mizuno web site it is not showing any of the shaft options available for the Hot Metals? Am I missing something?

I still can't find the custom shafts offered for the HM on the site...Frustrated.

I have a new favorite website...literally can get on here and build almost anything and see how much it costs. The amount of custom options on every club is amazing and I have ordered from them twice and extremely impressed with the service. I am in no way affiliated with them but do spend a fair amount of time when I get bored "building bags" just to see how much they cost...haha.

Here is the link. http://www.golfusama...izunoirons.html

Thanks for link! I just custom ordered 2 blue mp t7 wedges. So much easier than going to a store and dealing with that mess. Now that I know my specs this will be my go to website.

I am in the minority here, I just can't fall in love the the Hot Metals and I think it is the recoil shaft. I came from Mizuno JPX 800's and KBS tour stiff shafts and the Hot Metals are a half a club shorter then my old 800 series Mizzy's. I have elbow and shoulder issues and the recoils just felt too good on my body to not go with them but I have a super aggressive swing and my ball striking sucks with this set-up. I am sure it is the Indian and not the arrow but so far I wish I would have gone with the CF16's or the Cobra Forged Tec over the Hot Metal, I have buyers remorse.

Maybe a different shaft would help? Steelfibers might be an option worth looking into... I found them to be "soft" on the joints like a classic graphite shaft, but less "torque" like a steel.

Mizuno ST190 Driver

Mizuno ST190 ts 3 wood

Tour Edge C721 19* hybrid

Hogan PTX irons (4-PW)

Hogan Equalizer II wedges (50, 54, 58)

Ping ZING putter (1973 version)

Maybe a different shaft would help? Steelfibers might be an option worth looking into... I found them to be "soft" on the joints like a classic graphite shaft, but less "torque" like a steel.

I went back in to a custom fitter and hit balls for over two hours with various shafts and yes it is the shaft. The recoils just don't work for me. Actually the Nippon Modus 105 was by far and away the best. I hit the Modus in a regular flex which is a first for me the best of the bunch. I will be making the swap to the Nippon it was nice and smooth and good kick and launched the ball really nicely.

Is it me, or is anyone finding that these HM and 105 Modus 3 combo are high launching (for my swing, they look like moon ball high) ? The flight just looks outrageously high as compared to my Rsi2 but it still gets out there... I am thinking Modus 120 shafts instead

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

Is it me, or is anyone finding that these HM and 105 Modus 3 combo are high launching (for my swing, they look like moon ball high) ? The flight just looks outrageously high as compared to my Rsi2 but it still gets out there... I am thinking Modus 120 shafts instead

I play the 4-6 Hot Metals with 105X and I don't think they launch too high. They launch about the same height as my Nike VR Splitbacks with X100's.

Yeah I found the 105 quite high when testing so put modus 120 in which is only slightly noticeably lower than 105. I only went 5-7 iron in hot metal though and 8 - GW in forged. I think a 8i Hot Metal with Modus 120 would have launched too high for me, the forged is just right.

Titleist TSR2 10 Ventus Blue
Taylormade Stealth 2 5W
Taylormade Stealth 4H VA Slay 85 S
Mizuno Pro 225 Nippon Modus 115 S
Titleist Vokey SM8 50, 56, 60 - Nippon Modus 3 Wedge 115

Taylormade Spider Putter

Yeah I found the 105 quite high when testing so put modus 120 in which is only slightly noticeably lower than 105. I only went 5-7 iron in hot metal though and 8 - GW in forged. I think a 8i Hot Metal with Modus 120 would have launched too high for me, the forged is just right.

Thanks for the input, that is a very interesting combo you have there. One question, how the 120 feel vs 105 at impact, is it as baby smooth? I was thinking of going back to KBS but I like the Modus feel so much, just need to lower it.

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

Quick update - still like the irons very much and no problem with recoils or weight (see my earlier stuff about hefting them up a bit).

Re: wedges...yeah the GW and SW might be a smidgeon less hot. My GW (50*) seems to be pretty close to 20 yards shorter than the PW (45*)...maybe 3 yards bigger gap than I'd expect based on loft. I think the SW is probably closer to the expected 15-17 yards shorter than GW. My lob is a 58 PM grind which isn't leaving the bag.

I'll probably bend both the GW and SW one degree strong and just play (45, 49, 54, 58).

If you're thinking about getting the HM wedges, just for continuity from the fairway through the SW-GW-PW I think they're fine.

Your not the first to dislike the GW based on lack of distance. I ultimately ended up getting the 900 forged gap wedge. Waiting to try it out.

Driver: Callaway Rogue STMaxLS 10.5 Degree

5 Wood: Cobra LTDxLS @ 17.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra King OS 3-4 Hybrid @ 20.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra Aerojet @ 24 Degree

Irons: Taylormade 2021 P790's 5-AW

Wedge: Taylormade MG3 54 Degree

Wedge: Callaway Sureout 2 @ 60 degree

Putter: PXG Closer

Love the hot metal modus 105 stiff combo. Flight is higher but I like it. Last time put I Hit a 120 par 3 to 4" with an easy pw and today 3" into the wind on a 149 par 3 with a choked down easy 7.

They feel great and are really performing.

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

Here is just a brief cautionary tale about fitting, and lack thereof. So in the wintertime, out of impatience and snowy angst, I self-fit myself for the Modus Tour 105 shaft in regular flex, not having hit them. Really loved the 900 HM irons from day 1, but over time, things were not going as well as I had hoped with the Modus Tour 105 R.

So today, my club had a demo day where Mizuno was present (outside, at our range, just as I like to demo). Mizuno guy was free, I start chatting with him, good guy, and he gets me on the shaft optimizer. Lo and behold, first choice is the Modus Tour 105 X. Yup, X. What the what? Second choice, XP 115 S, third choice C-taper Lite S. Next round of options include Project X LZ (I think 5.5), and XP 105 S. Anyway, he starts working with each shaft. Modus Tour 105 X, nice. XP 115, too heavy, not working well. C-taper Lite S nice, but behind the Modus 105 X. Project X LZ, nope. XP 105 S, now we're talking. We narrow it down to that and the Modus 105 X, and the TT XP 105 S was the clear winner. And 1* upright, as opposed to the standard lie I was playing.

We'll do a reshaft through Mizuno, and even if just a couple of weeks, it will be a long wait to get these back in my hands, properly fit. Anyway, this is likely why my Srixon 565's just were not working for me with the Modus 105 R as well. I am done fitting myself. Leave it to the experts, done the right way.

Ping G430 Max 9* Driver, GD Tour AD VR-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 and 5 Woods, GD Tour AD VR-7 S

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HM Irons 6-GW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

Odyssey O-Works #7CH Putter

I'm a newish golfer, and I started with Mizuno JPX 800 HD irons, based on extensive Google research. I've been golfing for 3 years casually, and enjoy the game. This past offseason I got a new Driver, (Nike Vapor Fly) and wanted to update my irons as well. I'm addicted to the Volt most people hate, and went ahead and matched my irons to my driver. Well... Apparently I have been unknowingly spoiled by Mizuno irons, despite the 800HDs not even being forged. I've played 3 rounds with my Nikes and relative to my old Mizuno's they've felt rather harsh to my hands (I don't hit the sweet spot often, it's 90% me, I know that). This weekend I figured I better go to the range, in an attempt try to figure them (and my swing) out, compare to my old 800HD irons, and consider switching back, or committing to moving on and sell my old set.

I went to Haggin Oaks here in Sacramento, where they have plenty of options to demo. While there I tested the JPX 900 Hot Metal in steel (Nippon) and Graphite (Project X), as well as the Srixon 565, the Steelhead XR, and the Taylormade '17 M2s.

The first comparison was my own 2 sets. I used the 7 iron for all comparisons, and this was on an open range, off of a mat, and I have no physical ball data.

After using my Nikes a few times now, going back to my 800HDs I immediately notice how heavy the heads are in comparison. They are legitimate shovels, they're big and bulky, but combined with the Orichi 65g Graphite shaft, these clubs feel extremely head heavy. The Nikes, in Recoil Graphite, felt much more balanced, and easier to swing, but the Mizuno's are much softer on off-center hits, which hides my mishits much better than other sets I learned after yesterdays session.

After getting warmed up, I started with the Hot Metals, M2, and 565s. After a few shots that I hit well, I want to say this thread is UNDERselling the Hot Metal irons. When I actually hit the sweet spot, it was by far the smoothest and softest feeling iron I've hit (Don't think I've ever messed with Forged Irons, so take this with a very SGI/GI window of clubs mindset). Genuinely, it was almost as if it was just a practice swing, with hardly any ball resistance even noticeable. I was extremely impressed with how great these felt. I then moved onto the Srixon 565s, and these were a close 2nd in feel to the Hot Metals, and distance wise, balls appeared to be landing in the same vicinity to my eye. The only downside with the Srixons I noticed, was that I seemed to go left (I'm right handed) with them more often than any of the other clubs. Technically, for my swing, that's not necessarily even a bad thing, but worth noting.

The M2's appeared to be the highest of the clubs I tested, which is beneficial for me, as I don't get much height in my irons for whatever reason. Again, distance levels appeared to be on par with both the HMs, and the 565, although I do think some of my longest swings came from the M2s, but no data to back that up. Unfortunately the feel was nothing like the 565 or HMs, both of which, were in a class of their own on feel in my opinion. The M2s, actually feel very similar to my Nikes, and wasn't enough noticeable difference between the 2 to justify any purchases. I returned those 3 clubs, and checked out the Steelhead XR, the Nippon shafted HM, and the Project X HM to compare shafts.

The Steelhead's performance was right in the same class as the Vapor Flys, and the M2s, but to my hand, felt the worst of all clubs tested, even my old 800HDs. From there, I was cycling between the two 900HMs, and my Nikes, to try and talk myself in or out of a purchase. The Project X Graphite felt great to me, the steel wasn't far off if I'm being honest, but I prefer the looks of graphite personally. I would like to been able to test the Recoil shaft a few have mentioned here, and maybe I'll schedule a fitting, to get some actual feedback and data.

Long story short, I just wanted to say that the Hot Metals are everything this thread has told you they are, arguably better, but I would be lieing if I didn't say the Srixons also deserve your consideration, but they've made quite the splash on this forum as well the past year, so I don't think I'm telling anyone anything they don't already know. These 2 irons, seem to be the cream of the crop, of the 16/17 production lines.

For what it's worth, I don't have any inherent biased. My bag is completely mixed, from a Ping Putter, to Cobra Hybrids, Callaway Wedges, a Taylormade driver, prior to my Nike, and Mizuno irons, also before my Nikes.

18763110_1566574266695297_1256353119_n.jpg 18763148_1566617706690953_509447564_n.jpg

I took a demo iron out to the course today. I was hitting it about 2 clubs longer than my current set. Doing a little research I see that the Hot Metals 6 iron is 2 degrees diff from my current 6 iron. I would think that it should equate to about 5 yards longer but 20 yards got my attention. The club had a Recoil shaft where I have a steel shaft in my current clubs. The shaft is very light compared to what I currently play. I believe 15 grams lighter if I looked it up correctly. In summary this is very easy to hit and very long club. This might be the one.

Driver _____ Ping G400 Max
Woods ____ Ping G410 3 & 5, Cleveland XL HALO 7
Hybrids ___ Titleist 818H1 5H
Irons ______ Titleist T300 6-GW
Wedges ___ Titleist Vokey SM9 52.08F & 56.10S
Putter _____ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 or Rife 2-Bar w/ Nickel Putter Golf Ball Pick-Up
Ball _______  Titleist ProV1 Yellow
Distance __ GPS:  Bushnell Phantom 2,  Rangefinder:  Precision Pro NX7 Pro
GHIN ______ HCP floats between 10 and 12

So after a lot of on course testing, the Steelhead Pro's are just better for me. Turf interaction on the tight AZ fairways is just better with the Steelhead Pro's. Sad, as the HM's are better looking and better feeling, but results are results and that's the way it is for me.

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red Senior
TM Sim Max 3 Ventus Red Senior 
Cobra F9 17* Rescue Atmos Regular
TM Sim Max 19*, 25*, 28* Rescue Ventus Blue Senior 
Cobra F9 7-SW Atmos Regular
Vokey SM6 62* T Kuro Kage stiff
TM Spider Tour Day
OUUL stand bag
Titleist Velocity or Callaway Softfeel

If anyone was waiting on a deal for the JPX 900 HM. i just placed an order (and confirmed by telephone) from maplehillGC.com

they have a memorial day sale of 17% off with code MEMORIALDAY.

ordered a 5-pw set with Modus stiff (about 6-8 shaft options) (no grip options) but the discount worked (as of last night).

Spoke with a gentleman named KAP and he said they get drop shipped from Mizuno direct and its been taking 7-10 days to be delivered. Super excited. coming from a set of AP2 710.

Haven't had the time to play as often as i did when I bought my AP2. Figured I could use a little... oh who am i kidding, A LOT of help being that my swing is never really in midseason form.

I hope those on the fence or waiting for a discount can use this. Cheers Mates.

Which shafts are recommended by the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer?

Which shafts are recommended by the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer?

for me Recoil

Driver _____ Ping G400 Max
Woods ____ Ping G410 3 & 5, Cleveland XL HALO 7
Hybrids ___ Titleist 818H1 5H
Irons ______ Titleist T300 6-GW
Wedges ___ Titleist Vokey SM9 52.08F & 56.10S
Putter _____ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 or Rife 2-Bar w/ Nickel Putter Golf Ball Pick-Up
Ball _______  Titleist ProV1 Yellow
Distance __ GPS:  Bushnell Phantom 2,  Rangefinder:  Precision Pro NX7 Pro
GHIN ______ HCP floats between 10 and 12

Here is just a brief cautionary tale about fitting, and lack thereof. So in the wintertime, out of impatience and snowy angst, I self-fit myself for the Modus Tour 105 shaft in regular flex, not having hit them. Really loved the 900 HM irons from day 1, but over time, things were not going as well as I had hoped with the Modus Tour 105 R.

So today, my club had a demo day where Mizuno was present (outside, at our range, just as I like to demo). Mizuno guy was free, I start chatting with him, good guy, and he gets me on the shaft optimizer. Lo and behold, first choice is the Modus Tour 105 X. Yup, X. What the what? Second choice, XP 115 S, third choice C-taper Lite S. Next round of options include Project X LZ (I think 5.5), and XP 105 S. Anyway, he starts working with each shaft. Modus Tour 105 X, nice. XP 115, too heavy, not working well. C-taper Lite S nice, but behind the Modus 105 X. Project X LZ, nope. XP 105 S, now we're talking. We narrow it down to that and the Modus 105 X, and the TT XP 105 S was the clear winner. And 1* upright, as opposed to the standard lie I was playing.

We'll do a reshaft through Mizuno, and even if just a couple of weeks, it will be a long wait to get these back in my hands, properly fit. Anyway, this is likely why my Srixon 565's just were not working for me with the Modus 105 R as well. I am done fitting myself. Leave it to the experts, done the right way.

Had a similar experience. Hit the Nipppn 105 S way too high. I lost distance with it. Ultimately was fit into C Taper Lite X flex, softstepped once. One degree upright. Penetrating, nice flight.

I've never hit an XP shaft though am a longtime player of the standard S300. I like True Temper and wouldn't mind trying an XP 105 or 115. But I also love KBS shafts, especially the CTL. In Nippon I have found heavier is better for me. I really like both the Pro Modus 125 and the Super Peening Blues (an oldie but great Nippon shaft).

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

I currently play CF16's with Recoil shafts +1/2" and 1* up. Just not really hitting them well at all or should I say consistent. A buddy of mine let me swing hit HM 7 iron which was also1* up but standard length and I'm amazed at the difference not only in feel but in distance. I was fit for the CF16 but I'll add that I never was fit for 1/2" longer length before, ever! The HM had the LZ 4.5 shaft and it felt really stable.

Back to my question, I have never played Mizuno clubs before but could it be as simple as a club swap or are the CF16 really that much of a bad fit?