2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

APPLY: Christmas Comes Early! Visit Callaway Golf in Carlsbad with GolfWRX! Enter here!

HipCheck

• ​Current USGA handicap: 16
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017: I want to break 80 and just be all around more consistent.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: Callaway is my go-to brand. I am very comfortable with their balls and clubs and have been playing older sets for years, I really think that the ability to get fit by them may be the difference I need to get to the edge of breaking 80 next year. Also, I would just love to see Callaway's golf center in Carlsbad.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Current USGA handicap - +0.3
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017 - consistently maintain a + handicap throughout the season including + handicap performance in tournament rounds.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf - I play Callaway Apex/Apex Combo irons and would love to verify that they're absolutely dialed in with shafts, loft, lie, etc. As a former Cleveland wedge lover, I would also love to test the new forged Callaway wedges. I previously played a Callaway driver, but moved to Ping G series because of more consistency. I would love to find a solid fit for a Callaway driver. I know Callaway fairways and hybrids are best for me as I have those in the bag already. This visit would be exceptional to really round out my bag with Callaway clubs wherever possible.

Epic SZ 9* Speeder 665
816 Alpha 14* Tensei Pro Blue
Titleist T-MB 3 - PW KBS C-Taper
Vokey SM6 Raw 50*F & 55*M, Low Bounce K 59*
Scotty Cameron Newport Buttonback

Current USGA Handicap Index: 12

Stated Goals for my game in 2017: Learn more, become a putting wizard, have fun, and shoot low-80's on a consistent basis.

Why: Love the product, had my first and only hole-in-one using an X-20 Iron and Callaway Chrome+ ball..... and Ely himself won the Club Championship at my home course in Connecticut.

Thanks for the EPIC opportunity, GOLFWRX !!!

USGA index:

Goals:

dial in my distance and be more accurate. Consistency is key and I have been stuck at my index for 2 years now.

Why do I want to go and be fit at Callaway?:

I have never done an actual fitting like this. I think there comes a time in your game when you need to be 'dialed in' by someone that the pros go to. Callaway is consistently one of the leaders in the sport and would be a huge honor to be fit by them.

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
M2 4h AD DI 8s
Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

Scotty Cameron Custom 009 HHH

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/982109-joes-witb-set-for-2014-update-2015/#entry10682349"]WITB Link[/url]

Current USGA Handicap: 8.1

Goals for Game in 2017: Improve my GIR to 50% (currently 41%) and complete a double-bogey free round. Also, reduce my average number of putts from 34.0 down to below 32.

Why do you want to attend this Callaway opportunity: I have honestly never played Callaway clubs, never looked towards Callaway as an option to put into my bag and really never considered Callaway as the leading edge of technology or innovation in the field of golf. I would like to change that perception as I have an open mind towards improving my game and would love to see what Callaway can offer from a technology and performance point of view. I feel that I am a prime candidate to become a lifelong Callaway convert and a trip like this could provide the necessary exposure for myself to Callaway products and also for Callaway to understand how to more effectively reach players like myself.

USGA index:

Goals:

I really want to tighten up my game from 125yds and in. My wedge game isn't where it should be, I'd really need to dial in and give myself more birdie chances.

I've been impressed with woods and wedges from Callaway, but haven't had the chance to give irons a go. The lines of recent Cally equipment suit my eye. Would be incredible to dial in the right irons, gapping hybrids up to 3w and I can only imagine what drivers are in store. But I'd really like to get my hands dirty with wedges, grinds, and ensure my equipment is right, so I can focus on making good swings and execute shots to give myself better chances.

And let's be honest, Callaway is headed above and beyond all the other OEMs. Their gear is consistently on top of so many reviews, year in and year out. I'd dig a peak under the covers of the new stuff!

Callaway 816 DBD - Mitsubishi MMT 70
PXG 0341X 3W - HZRDUS Yellow Hand Crafted
Callaway Epic SZ 5W - Aldila Tour Blue
Honma TW747V 4-10 - Accra 80i
Corey Paul Raw 50*

Vega VW-06 54*

Scratch 58*
Tour Cameron NP2

Current USGA Handicap:

2017 Goals:

I want to play more consistent golf. I have days where I'm as good as I've ever been (as low as an 8 handicap), but more high scores and bad ball-striking days then I care to remember. By playing more consistently, I'll be able to improve my casual rounds but also ensure that I perform well in competition. I'd like to break 80 in competition.

State why you would want this exclusive opportunity:

I am a golf equipment junkie. Obsessed with the look, feel and technology of a variety of clubs, dating back to persimmon woods and butter knife irons. Put simply, touring the facility would be a dream come true for a total golf nerd, and I would learn from incredible engineers and technicians. From a performance standpoint - I've never been fit and I want to be. I love Callaway clubs (don't play them anymore, but used to game a Hawkeye/GBB and Steelheads) and believe, given the opportunity, I would convert back easily into a Callaway evangelist! But in truth, I'm as excited for the tour of the facilities as I am for the fitting. I am truly a golf nut.

• Current USGA handicap: 12.2
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017: My main goal is to return to a single-digit handicap after a long period of rebuilding my game after injuries.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: Part of my rebuilding process has been rethinking my choice of gear and working hard to match my current swing with properly fitted gear. I have made progress but have not yet reached the stage where my bag is fully optimized for my new game. I have always respected Callaway equipment, and one of my all-time most treasured clubs is the steel-shafted Steelhead driver I used when I played my best golf. I currently play a Callaway Mini Driver as well as an Odyssey putter, and would be greatly interested in experiencing the full range of Callaway products.

In a post below, include:

• ​Current USGA handicap (or average 18 holes score)
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf

----

USGA index:

7.4 (most recent cap, not USGA)

Goals:

Break par. I've spent the past year or so eliminating the left side of the course and am back to a baby fade (my preferred shot shape), so I'm ready to tune my game to take advantage of that newfound consistency.

As many have mentioned it would be spectacular to meet the Callaway and WRX guys (and I could use a vacation!). As far as getting fit - I would like to get clubs that are better tuned to my new, higher-spinning shot shape.

• Current USGA handica

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf

USGA Handicap

Goals for golf game in 2017

I finally broke 80 for the first time this year after 48 years of playing golf. So my goal for 2017 is to break 80 for at least half of my rounds and do it from the blue tees instead of the white tees. But I will need to hit get more out of my driver and fairway woods in the way of accuracy and distance to do that. Also hopefully this will lower my handicap to single digits.

Why I would like to attend.

I know the importance of proper fitting by going to Club Champion for a full fitting a few years back. I used the same specs from that fitting when I special ordered my Apex CF16 irons and the CF16's are the reason I was able to break 80 this year. I was able to hit greens even when I did not hit the fairway off the tee. I know with a full fitting for all of my clubs, I will be able to hit more fairways off the tee and hit it closer to the pin. And if I get the improved performance from a full set of fitted Callaway clubs (along with practice at range of my club), I will be able to meet my goals.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

o
Current USGA handicap

Currently a 8.8hcp (hopefully trending down)

o
State the goals for your golf game in 2017

In 2017 my goal is to get my hcp under 5 and to shoot 5rds or even par or better. Something I have yet to do.

o
State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf

It would be an amazing experience to get fit at Callaway. Over the past year and a half I have made some swing changes that would surely benefit from a fitting. Since I made those changes I haven’t had a fitting and it has made me wonder if I might be fighting my set up sometimes. Having the confidence in my equipment would add a level of positivity to my game.

Would be one of those experiences that a person never forgets… And who doesn’t love San Diego?

And thanks to GolfWRX and Callaway for another amazing golf give away opportunity!!

So glad to see something like this come back to GolfWrx!!!!!!

I'll keep this short and sweet

Current HCP: +1.7

Goals:

Achieved a large goal of mine this year and won my clubs Match play championship and want to build on that next season and improve my play in local, state, and national amateur events.

Why attend?

Because I know how great these trips are and being that I went to CallaWRX 1 I would love to see how things have changed and offer that perspective to the board. I think it would be an interesting as the brand has evolved so much since 2012. The other obvious answer is to get fit which would be tough as my bag is producing right now ;) but I know the boys at Cally like a challenge :D The last reason would be the friendships gained through experiences like this. I've stayed in touch with each one of the guys from 2012 and to this day we all chat daily.

Overall I'm really glad that this is back. Well done Cally and WRX. :superman2: :superman:

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

What an awesome opportunity!

• Current USGA Handicap: 3.5

• Current Goals:

I have a few goals for the upcoming year. First, I'd like to eliminate my "blow up" holes and become much more consistent. My par 5 and par 3 performance has been poor this year. I tend to struggle off the tee and I haven't found a combination of driver/shaft that has given me much confidence over the ball. Second, I'd like to be more consistent with my short game. I feel that an in-depth wedge fitting will benefit me greatly since I've never gotten fit for a set of wedges. Finally, I want to become a better tournament player. I can't seem to build any confidence when playing in CGA events.

• Why I'd like to attend:

I'd like to attend the opportunity at Callaway golf to actually take part in a full-bag fitting and experience what the pros experience every day. In the past, I've done fittings for different parts of my game at different times, which I think has made my gapping inconsistent and forced me to make up shorts with my short game. I've also been impressed with the Callaway products currently in my bag (Mack Daddy PM Grind wedges). I think that the fitting experience would make me a much more consistent golfer due to being more confident with the clubs in my bag. Specifically, I'd like to be properly fitted for a set of wedges and putter that fits my game. Typically, I "self-fit" myself into clubs, which adds significant out-of-pocket expense and frustration!

Also, I'd like to get to know some of my fellow WRXrs from across the country.

Thanks for the opportunity!

I've also been a long-time social media follower of Callaway and have enjoyed the product discussions through their YouTube channel.

Callaway AI Smoke Max 11.5* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 15* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Taylormade SIM DHY 19* Diamana Hybrid

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 5-PW Fujikura Axiom

Taylormade HiToe Bigfoot 52*/56*/60* Fujikura Pro

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

• Current USGA handicap: 8.8

• State the goals for your golf game in 2017: I am looking to become more consistent. I have steadily hit fewer and fewer fairways over the last few years. I would like to be able to hit fairways with more consistency. I also need to improve my short game. I make too many mistakes from 50 yards and in.

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: I think it would be a fantastic experience. I also really like Callaway. I had the opportunity to compete in a Kings of Distance event before the FedEx St. Jude Classic a few years ago. Everyone from Callaway was great during the event and everyone had a great time. I think the ability to get all clubs fit would be very important for my game. Determining the perfect driver and wedge should help me with the goals for the year. I also think being around the R&D experts will feed my golf nerd brain. Thanks for the opportunity.

Current USGA handicap: 8.6

State the goals for your golf game in 2017: I want to consistently shoot in the low to mid 70s. I was a 4.1 hdcp a year ago and have regressed quite a bit due to a swing change. I need a little more help than I used to need coming from blades.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: I've been a big Callaway fan for a long time and love their clubs! Winning this opportunity would be a dream come true and to have a full set of Cally clubs to show off would make it even better. Pick me pick me!

Current USGA Handicap: 9ish. I have not been keeping track this year since I have not played that much golf

Goals for 2017: Become more consistent. I have an issue with concentration on the golf course so I would love to be able to concentrate more, play more tournaments, and enjoy being outdoors. My number one goal in golf is to have fun. My kids are now coming to the age where they can learn to play. I cannot wait until I can take my children with me on the course and teach them the game I love!

Why do you want to attend this Callaway opportunity: I have always played with mismatched clubs that weren't specific to my size or stature. I am hoping that once I get clubs that fit my body and swing, I can achieve bigger and better things. I currently game old Bridgestone J40 irons and they are nice. I feel that Callaway clubs are top of the line and by allowing me to come and get fit, my game will really soar. The ultimate goal of my golf game is to have fun and enjoy the outdoors with my family. What better way to do that than with custom fit clubs after a once in a lifetime experience.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Currently an 18.9 handicap.

My goal for 2017 is to get down to a 10-12. I've been struggling with consistency in my swing and 2016 has been about finding that swing and tempo. I think I'm almost there and I'm really excited about where my game is going.

I'd love to do a fitting at Callaway to experience everything their facilities have to offer. The technology Callaway has been pioneering is jaw dropping, /and although I play a lot of their clubs already, I'd relish the opportunity to experience a true fitting at their headquarters.

WITB:

TSR2 10* @D1 Tour AD UB 6s

G430 5W @ flat neutral Tour AD UB 7s

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

'23 T200 Utility AD IZ 95S

'23 King Tour 5-G Modus 105S

RTX 6 Zipcore Tour Rack 54 Low+ and 58 Low

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Soft X

• Current USGA handicap: 7.9

• State the goals for your golf game in 2017: I would like to get down to a 5 or below and make a decent showing in my local tournaments, find a repeatable swing that works instead of changing every few rounds, and finally get the distance with the driver that I know I'm capable of.

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf - I love (and have a bagful of) Callaway clubs, but living in a smalltown in the midwest in-depth fittings are pretty much non-existent. I would really like to know if I am playing the best equipment for my game and also if it would really make a difference or if I am just too sucky to be able to benefit.

Many thanks to Callaway and to GolfWrx for this opportunity. I've never won anything in my life (except for a great wife), but even if I had, this would be tops over anything - except the great wife ;) !

• ​Current USGA handicap 5.7 that will trend up to around 7.0 in the winter and back to 5.7 range next year just like every other year
    • State the goals for your golf game in 2017 Add some distance and consistency from my 6 iron through the longer clubs
    • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf Have had previous driver fitting which was effective at maximizing numbers and an iron fitting with just a 7 iron that gave me the right fit. My longer clubs need some additional help with gapping to get better overall results. From what I have seen a local fitter does not have the head and shaft combinations available to be able to help do this in the longer clubs including hybrids. I assume being at HQ would provide additional options to help me from 160 yards and out. Plus Callaway has some higher loft hybrids that may be the answer. Additionally, who wouldn't want this opportunity!!

David

Current hdcp: 8

Goals: My goals for 2017 are to improve my consistency especially with my driver and my short game. I feel like I should be be playing to less than a 5 handicap but I always seem to have a couple of bad drives and/or "messed" up pitches/chips that always cost me several strokes per round.

Why I want to participate: I have played on and off for 30 years and I have never been professionally fit. Everything I have has come from trial and error and what "seems" to work. I really want a professional to take a look and help determine what is actually best for my game so that I am not always tinkering. I have played various Callaway products through the years and have always been drawn to them. I think this event would provide a great opportunity to get a real look at the behind the scenes side of Callaway and give me an opportunity to truly get the equipment that works best for my game. I have also tried numerous different balls over the years and I have most recently settled on the Callaway Chrome soft truvis ball as being the best for my game. I love how the ball performs, I love the look and how it helps me focus, and I love that it does all of this without the "high" price tag of most premium balls. I feel that if this ball performs so well for me that hopefully the rest of Callaway product line will too. Thanks for the opportunity.

​Current USGA handicap 2.9

State the goals for your golf game in 2017-- my goals for 2017 are to continue to improve on my mechanics and hopefully put myself in contention in a few tournaments...and ofcourse take my buddies money every Saturday.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf-- i don't just love golf, I love equipment! I'm always tinkering with something trying to find that little advantage. Being left handed makes it tough when trying to find the correct equipment. Demos are not always available so a lot of my purchases are trial and error. I would love the opportunity to visit Callaway and be properly fit into the correct equipment as well as get a behind the scenes look at such a great company and meet some of the great people that make the Callaway machine go! Did I mention I'm a lefty, you can't be a lefty and not love Callaway!!(yes excitement with a double negative)

o
Current USGA handicap

o
State the goals for your golf game in 2017
I would like to take a lesson. I've never had one in my life and I think it would help me shave a few strokes off my game. Play in a tournament so I can see how the pressure effects my game. Get into one long drive competition, or two.

o
State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf
Respect for the innovations that they produce year after year. Get to see some "behind the scenes" operations and view how the company interacts with different tiers of players.

• Current USGA handicap: 6.7
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017:
    • Play and practice more. (Fewer than 20 rounds in 2016 so far)
    • Lower my handicap to 5.0 or below
    • Improve greens hit (currently about 50%)
    • Improve up and down % (currently about 45%)

[*]State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: I've been a HUGE Callaway fan since the company started. I've tried to move away from their products, but always find my way back. When I played in college (YEARS ago) I used Callaway clubs and for years after college stayed with the Callaway X12 Pro Series irons. I even had a set of the old Bobby Jones blades that Callaway produced....I've been pretty hard core Callaway. ;)

I'd like to attend the event because I'm currently playing (Callaway) irons that I'm not sure are fitted to me properly. I work in education, so I've kind of cobbled together what 'might' be best, but I don't have the resources to truly get fitted. While I did get an opportunity to go to a TM event, we didn't get fitted for irons and the clubs that I ended up with truly didn't improve many aspects of my play. Upon my arrival at the TM event, one of the TM guys remarked, "Wow, you've almost got an entirely Callaway bag. We're going to change that." After the TM event, I slowly gravitated back to my Callaway clubs. I hesitate to write any of this because I don't want that to come across as though I wasn't appreciative of the event and the opportunity, but the hard truth is that what I was fitted with didn't help.

It is a drastic understatement to say that I'd be thrilled to get chosen for this trip.

Current Handicap: 5

2017 Goals: Lower Handicap to previous level of 1.9 and finish in top half of local amateur tournament(s)

Reason: New equipment custom fit for my game rather than guess and check using the BST could go a long ways towards reaching that goal, I have never had a fitting beyond a lie board and stock shaft offerings. Beyond the clubs and fitting I believe it would be an incredible experience that very few will ever understand. There is a confidence that is gained when you step to the tee knowing that you have the very best tools to accomplish your goals and that confidence has not been present in a long time.

Thanks!

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

Current USGA Index: 15.9

2017 Goals:

1. Break 80 for the first time (current best: 82)

2. Improve my approach proximity to the hole

3. Improve consistency in general

Why I'd like to attend:

1. I have played Callaway woods and hybrids for years.

2. I have never had a full bag fitting, just for my irons. I know my gapping could be improved.

3. A full fitting would tell me a lot about my game.

4. With two small children, a fully paid for full fitting is the only way I'm going to experience this kind of treatment anytime soon!

5. I have never had a putter fitting, and fee like this could yield a big improvement in my game.

• Current USGA handicap: 7
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017: I want to break even par and hope to compete in more senior armature tournaments.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: Callaway is my main brand. I feel very comfortable and confident with their order set iron clubs (Hot-Pro), If I can get fitted by them may be the difference I need to get to lower my handicap enough to compete to the next level.

• ​Current USGA handicap 15

• I spent the entire 2016 season changing my swing and getting lessons. I was a 11 handicap and felt I had hit a ceiling with my game and could not get my handicap any lower. My goal was to be a single digit handicap by the end of the 2017 season.

• I have always been a fan of Callaway Golf and have have owned their stock since the late 90's. I would love the opportunity to be fitted by the best in the business and see what it can do for my game and see if Callaway can help me become a single digit handicap.

Thank you for your consideration!

Current USGA Handicap: 4.5

2017 Goals: Goals for 2017 is to be more consistent. Work to make my miss more manageable and break par for the first time. Best score has been even par 71.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: I currently play a mixed bag and feel that, I while I do well, that I could do better. It has been a while since I was fit and with knee surgery and getting older I feel like I am giving up strokes on the course. I would love to attend to get fit into clubs that would maximize my swing and help me reach my goals and maybe humble me a bit and bring me back down to reality with regards to the type of clubs I play and the flex I am currently using.

In My Bag
TM Stealth 10.5* PX T1100 6.5 75g
TM Stealth 3W PX Hazardous Smoke Black 6.5 80g 

TM Stealth 5W PX Hazardous Smoke Black 6.5 80g

TM SIM 2 3H, Nippon Modus Hybrid shaft 95X

2021 TM P790 5-PW Modus TT DG Tour issue 100X
TM High Toe 50, 54 and 58

Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB-X Yellow
#insideTMAG 2013

Current handicap is 8.9

Goals for 2017--To be more consistent in my game, continue to improve in all facets of the game

Reason for attending--have always wanted to be fit by the best, after 6 spine surgery's I am finally able to feel what I need to do to improve my game and a fitting is at the top of the list. I love to play the game and challenge myself with being the best golfer that I can be.

----

USGA index:

Goals:

I really want to break par this year, but I am going to push it a bit further and say that my goal for 2017 is to break 70.

This would be a dream trip. I'm not sure I have ever been properly fit for my golf clubs. It would be amazing to have the confidence that the clubs I'm swinging are the exact match for my game. Callaway is top notch and I would love to have the opportunity to have their professionals set me up. Thanks!