Stacy Lewis Gives An Earful to Playing Partners on Last Hole..!! Jaws Dropped..!!

JohnnyNight

Does this really surprise anyone? I have repeatedly seen this woman swear in front of little children over missed putts.

I also thought that she was married recently. That man has no idea what he signed up for.

LOL. Did any of us?

Callaway Rogue 10.5
Callaway 3Deep w/PX 6.0
Ping i20 2 Hy & Idea Pro 4 Hy
Ping i25 5-UW
Scotty Cameron Notchback
Ping Tour Gorge 54 & Vokey SM8 58

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a guy in the last tournament I played in who consistently walked while I was hitting/putting. I'd just back off the shot until he quit moving. He finally asked why I kept backing off and I said, "Respectfully because you're moving and I didn't want to interfere." After a couple of times he quit moving.

We shook hands at the end of the round.

"And finally, if Stacy did throw the C-bomb at a fellow competitor, I think that turns it up a notch or three. Add in the asian-american contingent element prevalent on the LPGA and you have a potential for a mess."

What about the Asian American contingent makes it a mess?? it's a player to player respect issue nothing more.

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

"And finally, if Stacy did throw the C-bomb at a fellow competitor, I think that turns it up a notch or three. Add in the asian-american contingent element prevalent on the LPGA and you have a potential for a mess."

What about the Asian American contingent makes it a mess?? it's a player to player respect issue nothing more.

What does race have to do with it?

I am GenX.  If you really think I care about what you have to say, I don't.

In a perfect world yes. In the LPGA, from what I've read and heard, many Koreans stick together on tour. The Americans have a clique as well. If Stacy said something really nasty--the topic of this thread--Mi Hung tells her Korean friends, etc.,

M6 10.5
M4 3W
Titleist 816h 21
CF19 5-AW
SM6 54 & Cally PM 60
Byron Morgan 612
V1X/ERC Soft

Let's provide a bit of history regarding Ms. Lewis. Shan Shan Feng won a tournament in China with an eagle on the 18th hole, beating Ms. Lewis. Her approach shot hit a rock, bounced toward the hole and she made the putt to win. In her post-round presser this came out, "I feel like it was just taken from me," Lewis said later. "You’d like to win on a good shot, but, obviously, it wasn’t a good shot. It’s very frustrating. It was a frustrating day just with the crowds and dealing with all that. It was hard to play today."

Then Lewis went on Twitter and posted...

"Congrats to Shan Shan on the win, crazy shot at 18. Very disappointed in the fans in China this week. -- @Stacy_Lewis"

"Between all the cameras and cheering when I missed putts. It was just really hard to have fun out there. On to the next... -- @Stacy_Lewis"

"Btw what till you see the shot on 18 that won it! Lets just say it involved a rock and the flag stick... -- @Stacy_Lewis"

"For those whose were actually supportive on twitter, sorry to say I will be signing off of here. I'm sorry I say what I believe. -- @Stacy_Lewis"

How many times has a lucky bounce cost a pro...or even one of us during a friendly round? It's a rub of the green...part of the game. While respecting her right to say what she's thinking, there's a bitterness in her tone. Be a pro, congratulate the person and go have a beer and shake it off.

How much does jealousy or resentment of the Korean born players fit into this scenario?

The Morning Drives guys did an hour on the "Korean Invasion" yesterday with Ron Sirak and Randell Mell. They talked openly about the US players harboring resentment and ill-will toward the Korean players with very specific examples.

Why not address her face to face, person to person and tell her what is on her mind instead of making a snarky comment and walking away.......

After just watching the vid clip, and I am very fond of Stacy as I've stated previously, however I agree with Wobes...

To ME, that was chickens*** and if you're gonna say something to me, stand in front of me and say what ya gotta say.

You don't walk away chirpin like some lil girl on a playground.

I would say the same thing to her if she were sitting with me.

I'm fine if she chose to say nothing...

I'm fine if she backed off of the putt...

And as has been said before me, this is a small snapshot in a 5 hour plus round and we have no idea what transpired between them before on the preceding holes or even in prior tournaments as in what is their history with each other(I'm assuming not much or not good, lol).

However if she is going to confront the Lady, excuse me but if you wanna talk like a man, act like one, lol.

A man doesn't chirp walking away from somebody.

I still think the world of her though I don't like what I saw on video

Stay well my Friends :)

My Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

1. if she was playing well and had a chance to finish high, she would have said something before she putted out.

2. why didn't she say something before she putted out?

3. The behavior of the other 2 golfers WAS unacceptable

4. Everyone loses here

5. Lydia Ko is switching to PXG next year

6. #5 is the only thing I actually care about on this list

7. Who makes a list with only 7 items?

Nope, not appropriate in the game of Golf regardless what they were doing. 2 wrongs do not make a right, be the bigger person and walk away.

She is bitter because she got her Word not allowed handed to her for the last 2 seasons, and that was her way to finish off the 2016 season with "class"

I did not see what the other 2 women did to get her upset, but it really does not matter.

I played my last round of the season last week, and played with 4 older guys. They talked in my back swing multiple times, shadows in your line when putting, moving around, all kinds of weird stuff. You can only just remain calm and play your game. I was not thrilled, but think playing like that at times can strengthen the mental game and focus.

I suppose I could have called them a group of demented old circus monkey's when we finished on 18, but preferred to go to the car and head to the grocery store.

How much money did you have riding on your round? Could what you shot potentially have a effect on your continued employment (though this comment is a bit of a stretch given Lewis' current ranking)

Just for clarification, what's the c word? I can think of two and want a bit of clarity on this one

ummmm.........C U next tuesday?

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

Does this really surprise anyone? I have repeatedly seen this woman swear in front of little children over missed putts.

I also thought that she was married recently. That man has no idea what he signed up for.

LOL. Did any of us?

Why, are things gonna be different when I say "I do," lol.....

She promised that things would stay the same :)

All the Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

What does race have to do with it?

That's what I'm asking

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

Just for clarification, what's the c word? I can think of two and want a bit of clarity on this one

Bro, there is no way on God's green earth that you didn't know which word they were speaking of...

I don't expect ya to admit that now but there is no way that I believe for one second that you didn't know, lmao.

WTF, this thread is so far over the top yours is just the cherry on the icing, lmao

Stay well my Friend :)

My Best,

RP

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. I noted that I trusted your judgement on her a a person, am not judging that.

Golf is golf, and should be played with class and respect, regardless of the level of competition.

Hope you are feeling well Richard.

You play golf for fun. If your friends are talking while you're trying to hit a shot it's rude, but it doesn't have a big impact on your life.

Stacy Lewis plays golf for a living. If someone is talking or distracting her, it has an impact on her ability to make a living. Each shot counts in her world. I see no problem with her using harsh language to get her point across.

It's insulting to her when you start comparing your weekend game to her career.

My weekend game is not as important, and is not my career.

However, I do not agree with her response to the situation.

Say your job entails giving presentations in board rooms. Now during the final of a series, two of your colleagues are huddled over a phone laughing it up over some stupid social media flavor of the month. Shake their hands and handle it with "class and respect" afterwards?

just checked listings for tonight on the golf channel…….top stories from the LPGA is on I think it was 8pm, just in case anyone wants to tune in and see if they talk about this thread.

have a good night…..

Ping G400 Tour S
Ping G400 14.5
Ping G 19*
Ping G 22*
Ping I200 5-P (PXLZ 5.5)
Power spec
Vokey 50,54,58

Odyssey 3T P2 GP Tour Snsr Stright

So you, having seen this woman swear over missing a putt, know better than the man she married about her personality? :dntknw: Only on WRX.

The vast majority of this is speculation, we have no idea what was said. Stacy speaks her mind, good for her. Is this worse than Ian Poulter going to twitter and ripping Hideki Matsuyama over missing a putt and slamming (it wasn't much of a slam) his putter on the green and leaving a dent in the green.

Maybe the girls didn't know what they were doing, maybe they did. It is funny that people are saying she needs to respect golf when in actuality she was.

Why not address her face to face, person to person and tell her what is on her mind instead of making a snarky comment and walking away.......

After just watching the vid clip, and I am very fond of Stacy as I've stated previously, however I agree with Wobes...

To ME, that was chickens*** and if you're gonna say something to me, stand in front of me and say what ya gotta say.

And as has been said before me, this is a small snapshot in a 5 hour plus round and we have no idea what transpired between them before on the preceding holes or even in prior tournaments as in what is their history with each other(I'm assuming not much or not good, lol).

However if she is going to confront the Lady, excuse me but if you wanna talk like a man, act like one, lol.

My Best,

RP

Unless you are a wide receiver or cornerback.

I think one thing that's lacking here is context. We've seen a short video after they putt out on 18. So was what happened there an isolated incident or had there been similar happenings on the other 17 holes? Had it gone on before did she say something at the time? Since we don't know exactly what was said she could have simply told them, in an angry fashion, that their behavior was unprofessional and they should knock it off. And I'll say it again, I'm no fan of Stacy. I'm rather anti-Stacy for my own reasons but I just don't think we know enough about what happened to be making judgments about any of them at this point.

I agree with this, because we also don't even know what was said. Hard to point a finger when we have no clue what went on in that small timeframe.

A bag of left-handed junk.
Driver: SIM Max 10.5 Blue Smoke RDX 6.5
Apex UW 19* Black Smoke RDX 6.5
4-PW: Callaway Prototype PX 6.5 LZ
60, 56, 52: Callaway Mack Daddy, KBS Tour S
Cameron Select Newport 2

My Best,

RP

Unless you are a wide receiver or cornerback.

Or a kicker or punter, LMAO

Nicely Played :)

Have a great Holiday Season

My Best,

RP