Joggers?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being able to dress, and wearing what you want is one thing. Unfortunately, joggers (when not being used for jogging, or other aerobic activity) are considered to be for people that don't know how to dress. So when you are wearing joggers, you really are letting your pants down about not having style.

-> So why do Puma et al., dress their players in joggers? Well there seams to be enough people unable to dress themselves properly, that a market niche has opened. It's not a niche that I would want to fall into!

[size=2][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway Rogue 9* HZRDUS T1100 65g 6.0[/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway Rogue 15* HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0[/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway Alpha 815 18* Speeder 885 S[/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Titleist AP2 716 4-9 C-TAPER 120[/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Titleist SM6 46*F / 50* F / 56* S / 60* M[/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Scotty Cameron Squareback[/font][/size]

Being able to dress, and wearing what you want is one thing. Unfortunately, joggers (when not being used for jogging, or other aerobic activity) are considered to be for people that don't know how to dress. So when you are wearing joggers, you really are letting your pants down about not having style.

Actually, wearing chinos and saddle shoes is considered the attire of people who don't know how to dress. So when you're wearing khaki golf pants and anything made by Footjoy, you're really letting your pants down about having zero style. See? Style is subjective.

I like the more athletic style of golf wear (men and women) and think joggers and tapered golf pants look great. I think Justin Thomas dresses like a Dad on the course and I think someone needs to burn all of Phil Mickelson's clothing, but that's my opinion.

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

I often wear my Nike Running joggers to the range and for practice rounds (I mostly play in the early afternoon when it's empty so I don't care) and I noticed that both Nike and Puma have "dress joggers" now. What's the consensus on those? Would I be a ****** to wear them when playing for real or nah?

Search Nike Oxford Jogger if you're confused.

I'm personally not a huge fan of joggers. Honestly, I'm more comfortable in traditional golf clothes and wear them as casual clothes a lot. Nonetheless, if you like them then wear them with pride. The only reason not to wear them is if your private club or the random course you're at doesn't allow them or threatens to not let you on the course for wearing them. As for the stuffy naysayers, who cares what they say. I think thats the reason golf gets a bad name from some.

I often wear my Nike Running joggers to the range and for practice rounds (I mostly play in the early afternoon when it's empty so I don't care) and I noticed that both Nike and Puma have "dress joggers" now. What's the consensus on those? Would I be a ****** to wear them when playing for real or nah?

Search Nike Oxford Jogger if you're confused.

I personally am not a huge fan of these out on the golf course. I am a proponent of the traditions of golf, especially on tour. I would rather see the traditional classy style with a number of the tour players.

- Shawn

Actually, wearing chinos and saddle shoes is considered the attire of people who don't know how to dress. So when you're wearing khaki golf pants and anything made by Footjoy, you're really letting your pants down about having zero style. See? Style is subjective.

I like the more athletic style of golf wear (men and women) and think joggers and tapered golf pants look great. I think Justin Thomas dresses like a Dad on the course and I think someone needs to burn all of Phil Mickelson's clothing, but that's my opinion.

We will still be wearing the same styles next year while your joggers will be off to the Goodwill store. Phil and Justin dress like men with class.

I'm not a fan of DJ's skinny pants.

We will still be wearing the same styles next year while your joggers will be off to the Goodwill store. Phil and Justin dress like men with class.

This thread is starting to warm up :taunt:

Lets think about the psychological side of the game. You've got to feel confident. If I've still got my joggers on, I'm going to feel even more like a right wanker if my tee shot lands in the pond than if I was properly dressed for business. Thus, not looking like I just got out of bed helps me play better.

Cheers,

David

[size=2][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway Rogue 9* HZRDUS T1100 65g 6.0[/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway Rogue 15* HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0[/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway Alpha 815 18* Speeder 885 S[/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Titleist AP2 716 4-9 C-TAPER 120[/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Titleist SM6 46*F / 50* F / 56* S / 60* M[/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Scotty Cameron Squareback[/font][/size]

• 1 month later...

I personally think you should wear what you are comfortable in. I primarily wear shorts when I play but if it's cooler or windy I wear the puma joggers and find them incredibly comfortable. I also rock the Puma Ignite Hi Tops too and even will play a red volvik vivid ball and that really gets the group going. Why would I want to dress a certain way on the golf course that doesn't coincide with how I dress off it? I also love giving the middle finger to the golf snobs that hate that style. The point is that golf is hard enough as is, why make it more difficult or uncomfortable wearing something you aren't comfortable in.

Phil dresses like a man who lost 50lbs, didn't buy new clothes, and then reached into the closet and grabbed the first thing his hands touched.

Fitted clothing is not evil.

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

I'm not into joggers on the course, but I have to agree with the khaki/saddle shoes comments. I can't believe JT wears that boring crap at his young age. I could be totally off, but it seems more common in certain parts of the South.

I'm not into joggers on the course, but I have to agree with the khaki/saddle shoes comments. I can't believe JT wears that boring crap at his young age. I could be totally off, but it seems more common in certain parts of the South.

Yea C'mon!

flex joggers hands down.

http://store.nike.co...3/pgid-11501136

Get the all black.

I got lucky and found a pair at the Nike Centralia Outlet (not factory store) for $30.

TM Qi10 LS - Ventus Blue 6X

TM Stealth 2+ 3W - Ventus Blue TR 7X

Titleist TSi3 3H - Tensei Pro White 100TX

Titleist T150 - KBS Tour 130X

Titleist Vokey SM6 Raw (50, 54) - DG S400

Vokey SM9 Black Raw - S400

Bettinardi Queen B #15

quick story,

im all for joggers and slim fitting clothing, just as i like to wear slim fit clothing in real life. started getting really trendy when a female intern asked me why all of my suits looked like they were my dads because they didn't fit me (i was like 23 at the time... they literally were my dads). so now i try to stay as up to date as possible, and generally take pride in my appearance (less so now that i'm old and married).

i really like trying to incorporate an athletic look into my golf game. I have a pair of joggers in black that i wore through the colder months. with some 90 IT's i thought they looked great. even got some compliments at my club, though im sure some people were looking at me like i was crazy.

anywho, i just got some white pants for an alumni tournament I am playing in. well i wasnt sure if i was sold on the white pants idea so i wore an old pair earlier this week to practice at the club. really liked the white pants/ color scheme so i was pretty happy... until i went down to the locker room and saw myself in the mirror. they were like, older, non fitted pants. i looked like i was wearing sleeping bags on each leg. they were by no means baggy, but i just didnt feel right.

i ended up playing in a group, and played pretty well so i was happy. but all round i kept thinking to myself "man i look like a tool."

sorry for my rambling, and punctuation. slow work day :)

I say rock em' if you can. I wear board shorts to the range, and my "slightly" dressier Ripcurl boardwalk board shorts when playing. If it's cold out, I'm still wearing them, just with a jacket.

J715 B5 9.5° - Fujikura XLR8 Pro 60 TX
SYB FC-714 15° - AD DI7s
Miura Giken 20° hybrid - MCH 80s
Miura PP9003-SN 5 - GW - Veylix Alpina 873

Miura Black - raw 51° | 1957 K-Grind - 55° |  Black - raw 59°

Tourstage X-Drive GR Black 10.5° - Fujikura XLR8 Pro 60 TX
Srixon Z-steel Maraging 14.5° - AD DI7s
Tourstage z101 3 - PW - Satin PX5.5
Tourstage x-blade cb 3 - PW - s200
Royal Collection DB forged raw - 52° | 59°

Yamada Emperor-55
Hiro Matsumoto

If its cold out... lol dude you live in OC.... cold out means 75 for you.

:lol:

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

If its cold out... lol dude you live in OC.... cold out means 75 for you.

:lol:

Exactly... lol, I like to play first tee time if possible, so it can get into the 50's (coastal weather can get a bit chilly. lol) it's still OC though, so it's warm compared to other places.

J715 B5 9.5° - Fujikura XLR8 Pro 60 TX
SYB FC-714 15° - AD DI7s
Miura Giken 20° hybrid - MCH 80s
Miura PP9003-SN 5 - GW - Veylix Alpina 873

Miura Black - raw 51° | 1957 K-Grind - 55° |  Black - raw 59°

Tourstage X-Drive GR Black 10.5° - Fujikura XLR8 Pro 60 TX
Srixon Z-steel Maraging 14.5° - AD DI7s
Tourstage z101 3 - PW - Satin PX5.5
Tourstage x-blade cb 3 - PW - s200
Royal Collection DB forged raw - 52° | 59°

Yamada Emperor-55
Hiro Matsumoto