Tiger on Sportscenter with SVP

etarv13

I'm sure he's in dire need of the revenue stream from his book sales....

So in need that he's giving us all hope he'll play, just to draw more attention to himself and shameless plug his book.

Makes sense

I think you're being being overly defensive for absolutely no reason. When you write/publish a book companies have it as a contractual obligation to do the talk show circuit to promo it. Stating sarcastically "Im sure he really needs the money " doesnt change the fact that hes on a book tour by obligation but you knew that already. Nothing wrong with stating it.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought in both the SVP interview as well as the GMA appearance we saw a relaxed and engaging Tiger that seems prepared to accept whatever his future holds, whether that includes a lot of golf at the highest level or not. It's good to see him content with his private life and his role as a father. I also thought he looked much more comfortable physically from the limited amount we got to see him moving around. That's nothing earth shattering of course but just an observation.

As far as teeing it up at Augusta, I'm not a mind reader but it sure seemed like he did everything he could to set that bar low as far as any expectation of playing without ruling it out. And that's understandable, if he's out promoting his book and he announces he's not playing that completely overshadows the marketing of the book. I suspect late next week he releases something saying he needs more time. I could be wrong, that's a pure guess on my part (and I hope I turn out to be wrong and he tees it up).

Playing, or talking about playing, in the Master's has nothing to do with increasing interest in his book. He respects and loves the game too much to do that.

Yeah, that's why the book is being released a couple of weeks before The Masters with a book tour where very single interviewer is going to ask the only question anyone cares about, playing or not playing. That's a total coincidence.

Obviously you know absolutely nothing about the timing on the release of this book.

So explain it to me.

20 year anniversary.

The fact that the book was coming out already for the 20th anniversary doesn't mean he isn't using the "is he or isn't he" conversation to sell it. It clearly affects the level of attention and Tiger knows it.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - 10.5*
Fairway: Callaway Epic Max - 15*, 21*, 25*

Hybrid:  Ping G425 30*
Irons: TaylorMade Stealth 7-AW
Wedges: PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 56* 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 62*
Putter:  Directed Force 2.1
Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft

Thought it was a great interview. There is a way to ask Tiger questions where he'll open up and SVP is one of the best at it.

Tiger didn't really open up at all - I'm not sure why people think that.

When asked what the heck happened between the Hero and Torrey, he gave a canned "it's my back surgeries" response to a good question and SVP nodded like it was some big revelation.

Then when asked what meant the most to him winning the Masters in 1997, he went down the road of a 10-year exemption and how that allowed him to play freely.

What? Yeah, without that exemption, he would have been fighting for his Tour card.

Good Lord almost overnight Tiger suddenly looks like his father in his declining years. Bags under his eyes and mangy balding hair line. For years it looked Tiger was going to resemble his mothers side of the family, but obviously the ravages of age have rendered him truly his fathers son especially in appearance. Earl achieved his haggard look with years of smoking, drinking, and a life long terrible diet. Reportedly Tiger isn't a smoker, heavy drinker, and long ago abandoned his MacDonalds diet. Maybe a history of many major surgeries, hard time sleeping, ambien useage, rumored PED use has produced this haggard Earl look..Keep that hat on, without it he ages 20 years appearance wise.

Link to SVP interview -

I have to think the release of the book has motivated Tiger to really want to play the Masters this year. If he didn't, the book really wouldn't have the same appeal, IMO.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

Good Lord almost overnight Tiger suddenly looks like his father in his declining years. Bags under his eyes and mangy balding hair line. For years it looked Tiger was going to resemble his mothers side of the family, but obviously the ravages of age have rendered him truly his fathers son especially in appearance. Earl achieved his haggard look with years of smoking, drinking, and a life long terrible diet. Reportedly Tiger isn't a smoker, heavy drinker, and long ago abandoned his MacDonalds diet. Maybe a history of many major surgeries, hard time sleeping, ambien useage, rumored PED use has produced this haggard Earl look..Keep that hat on, without it he ages 20 years appearance wise.

Maybe Tiger has started to enjoy the fruit of the vine or the products of the barrel...

Not placing any stock in anything he says. He has a long, well established track record of dishonesty.

I doubt he plays at the masters. I could be wrong though...

He certainly does. He was recently asked in an interview what his regrets were, and he said his only regret was not staying another year at Stanford - he even said he didn't regret his marital transgressions when pressed on it.

Then in his book apparently he says hurting Elin is something he'll regret the rest of his life, which completely contradicts that.

But every interview he does, people say he's being more open and honest than ever. I'll believe it when I see it. He just makes it up as he goes.

Maybe Tiger has started to enjoy the fruit of the vine or the products of the barrel...

I think he will do the wine thing like Norman.

If you have a billion dollars, why not buy some vines in Sonoma and make your own?

I think he will do the wine thing like Norman.

If you have a billion dollars, why not buy some vines in Sonoma and make your own?

Yeah Tigers Vegas Vino Deluxe.....

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Saw it. I had no idea this dude has had 3 back operations. I'm here to tell you, if you've never had a major back problem from an accident, OR whatever, then you have no idea what it will do to you. Bring you to your knees in a heart beat, and the crazy thing is, you can be standing there feeling like a million dollars physically doing nothing to even irritate your back AND your back goes out like somebody turned the lights out. Believe me, when your back goes out, you can't stand, let alone swing a golf club. So, that all makes me believe that this withdrawing stuff he's done is not fake in any way.

Bottom line, I've never been willing to say that he was done OR agree with those that thought he was finished, but hearing him talk about these back operations on 2 different recent videos on youtube makes me think his days are numbered IF not DONE. All the other baggage is nothing compared to the back not functioning. 3 operatons...his back has to be fried.

Hope he makes it back to the Masters to play, one way or another. I wouldn't think he'll ever threaten at any big events ever again though.