2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Mercedes Quality or why I dumped my 2015 S 550 Coupe

Swoosh-Thud

I bought an S 550 Coupe in 2015 and unloaded it a few weeks back. First car I've ever had to dump because it was a turd. I got the "Happy 2nd Anniversary" email from the dealer today so I thought I'd have some fun.

This was the 11th MB I've owned. All purchased new (190E 2.6, 320 Ce, 320 SL, S 430, S 55, SL 55, SL 550, S 550, GL 450 and CLS 550 [for my son]) and it will be the last. 26 years of MBs in my driveway. No more.

The car was on its fourth set of tires at 46,000 miles. The tires had to be replaced due to excessive inside wear every 10,000 miles. I had 3 flats from excessive wear.

What was worse though is that the car would start to vibrate at 82 mph after a few months of driving- around 3000 miles or so. It became violent at 88. Not exactly what one would expect from a "flagship touring car" of MB. I had become so accustomed to the vibration that I knew I was fixin to get a fourth flat so I took it in for its fourth set.

As anticipated, excessive wear on the insides all around and the belts showing in the driver rear.

Turd went to the dealership 3 times for tires and alignment. First service guy said "it was damage." Liar -fourth set all worn on the inside inside. Should have seen his face when I told him the car was picked up from the Goodyear shop after they looked at it. Second service lady (another dealer, yet another liar) said it was the run flat unidirectional tires. Wrong- had unis on other cars.

Only one service guy was honest and said they dial in a lot of Neg camber for squat at speed and for rear tracking because it is such a portly car. I just experienced it because I drive hard and fast and put on the miles. The closest comp they could find when I traded it in was 15,000 miles. I guess the S 550 Coupe will be ok if little old ladies drive them back and forth to the supermarket.

What is even worse is that my wife told me: "you need to go out and get a new car." (Yes not a typo). Nothing more damning than that.

Regardless, she tells her friends "it's just poorly engineered."

Anyway MB and quality are no longer as it was in the past. I guess when you spend $500 million a year to run F1 you have to get the money at your client's expense.

Anyway bought a Panamera Turbo instead. Never been disappointed by Porsche quality.

Caveat emptor.......

Here is what you get when you buy a $130,000 POS from MB:

When I could tell by the vibration time for a new set of tire in Feb 2017:

2 months later, 3000 miles after the fourth set of tires/service:

JBeam ZY-11 10* Basileus Alpha S / Crazy 435ii 10.5* Basileus AAA X
Tour Issue TM Superfast 2.0 TP 13.5* & 18* UST VTS SIlver 7S
Apex Pro Recoil 95 R // Steelhead XR Pro Recoil ES 760
Vega VM06 50 - 54 - 58 Shimada W
Slighter Auburn

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel free to donate your old MB my way :)

Love the Panamera, great looking ride

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Attas-T2 9x

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

Sorry to hear OP from your previous posts I know you are a car guy and have a pretty dang nice garage. I wont tell you about the problems my folks had with their Panamera GTS that made them get rid of it after 6 months along with my dads Cayenne after their experience.

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Kinda sucks that such an expensive ride would have so many problems. I'm not really a car guy so tend to get cheaper models and for whatever reason those seem to be reliable cars

You'd think it would be the inverse

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Srixon ZX 19h w/PX hzrdus Red 80

Mizuno MP241 4-PW w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Mizuno MP24 52 w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Cleveland RTX6 60/10--Spinner

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

There are 2 issues. The first is the lemon.

The second is the denial. After the second trip to the dealer the issue should have been escalated to the regional/corporate service manager. Especially when the issue was known. They flat out lied. Even the non MB salespeople at the Houston Auto show said- too much neg camber..........

In the luxury market it really is about the extraneous amenities and how they value their customer. There was a lot of silence on the phone when I mentioned it wasn't my first, or second or third....it was my eleventh over 26 years. Great customer care.

That makes more of an impression upon a potential new customer than a bad egg in the lot.

The Ferrari is fine. Just had the engine out service- in essence a brand new car. Oh I did throw in that my Ferrari and Vanquish were reliable and the MB was not. Said y'oughtta be embarrassed about that alone. My 911, 360 and Vanquish didn't vibrate at nearly double the speed of the MB. 12 years of Ferrari ownership with nothing other than service (and even delayed the engine out service by years). Silence.

I had zero issues with my Carrera S, my wife likes her Cayenne GTS so much when I went to buy her either a Levante or the new GTS she said she didn't want to get rid of it. The Cayenne GTS replaced a GL 450 which needed new front air shocks at 60K miles and new rears at 70K. When the steering rack started to leak at 79K we dumped it.

No. The bottom line is that MB has now become just another ho hum mass produced car with neither the reliability nor the customer service of years past.

Caveat emptor you can do better than a MB

Slighter Auburn

I bought an S 550 Coupe in 2015 and unloaded it a few weeks back. First car I've ever had to dump because it was a turd. I got the "Happy 2nd Anniversary" email from the dealer today so I thought I'd have some fun.

This was the 11th MB I've owned. All purchased new (190E 2.6, 320 Ce, 320 SL, S 430, S 55, SL 55, SL 550, S 550, GL 450 and CLS 550 [for my son]) and it will be the last. 26 years of MBs in my driveway. No more.

The car was on its fourth set of tires at 46,000 miles. The tires had to be replaced due to excessive inside wear every 10,000 miles. I had 3 flats from excessive wear.

What was worse though is that the car would start to vibrate at 82 mph after a few months of driving- around 3000 miles or so. It became violent at 88. Not exactly what one would expect from a "flagship touring car" of MB. I had become so accustomed to the vibration that I knew I was fixin to get a fourth flat so I took it in for its fourth set.

As anticipated, excessive wear on the insides all around and the belts showing in the driver rear.

Turd went to the dealership 3 times for tires and alignment. First service guy said "it was damage." Liar -fourth set all worn on the inside inside. Should have seen his face when I told him the car was picked up from the Goodyear shop after they looked at it. Second service lady (another dealer, yet another liar) said it was the run flat unidirectional tires. Wrong- had unis on other cars.

Only one service guy was honest and said they dial in a lot of Neg camber for squat at speed and for rear tracking because it is such a portly car. I just experienced it because I drive hard and fast and put on the miles. The closest comp they could find when I traded it in was 15,000 miles. I guess the S 550 Coupe will be ok if little old ladies drive them back and forth to the supermarket.

What is even worse is that my wife told me: "you need to go out and get a new car." (Yes not a typo). Nothing more damning than that.

Anyway MB and quality are no longer as it was in the past. I guess when you spend $500 million a year to run F1 you have to get the money at your client's expense.

Anyway bought a Panamera Turbo instead. Never been disappointed by Porsche quality.

Caveat emptor.......

Isn't that MB's target market?

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

What do you do (did you do) for a living?

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Attas-T2 9x

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

not an isolated case but you would think MB of all brands would take customer complaints seriously.

this is not good for their brand. i feel like MB in the last 10 years have rolled out revolutionary well designed

automobiles with the matching engineering aspects. BMW used to be my favorite brand for engineering but

have lagged in the design department. but for MB is damn embarrassing!

for you to go thru the hassle and stomach the pitiful excuses the reps gave you is a crime especially the price you paid.

throw your money elsewhere!

Epon EF-02D Diamana x17 6s

Epon AF-256 #3 Diamana x12 7s

Epon AF-256 #5 Diamana x12 7s

Epon AF-906 23 Tensei Ck pw hb90

Epon AF-506 #5-aw Tensei AM2Ws

Epon Tour wedge M56 DG spinner

Tad Moore handmade blade 

can you adopt me?...a CLS 550 for a kid is a bit...much don't you think.

Taylormade M2 10.5° [color=#0000ff]Graphite Design AD-BB 7x[/color]
Titleist 913 FD 15° [color=#a9a9a9]Diamana 'Ahina 70x[/color]
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron [color=#a9a9a9]Accra 110i[/color]
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW [color=#0000ff]Project X 6.0[/color]
Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]
Scotty Cameron Newport [color=#daa520]Teryllium[/color] Sole Stamp

not an isolated case but you would think MB of all brands would take customer complaints seriously.

this is not good for their brand. i feel like MB in the last 10 years have rolled out revolutionary well designed

automobiles with the matching engineering aspects. BMW used to be my favorite brand for engineering but

have lagged in the design department. but for MB is damn embarrassing!

for you to go thru the hassle and stomach the pitiful excuses the reps gave you is a crime especially the price you paid.

throw your money elsewhere!

That is precisely the point.

In the shop 3 times for the same issue. Each time the car had to be picked up. 3 wreckers to bring to service for the same issue......... That is a regional/corporate red flag.

All mfg heavily target brand loyalty. Again, every manufacturer can build a lemon(s). When it comes to the luxury brands it is really the little things ie the "customer experience" that can often make a difference.

26 years, 11 cars. Not exactly a PR coup.....

"Please make sure you mark 'excellent' on our survey........"

Slighter Auburn

ok, opposite experience. I've got 2014 E 350 and it has been really great. Just have been doing the routine maintenance and no other issues have come up. I bought it last year as a CPO so only 14 months for me but so far so good. My last one was a 2009 C350 which was also a winner for me.

I hope I haven't jinxed everything now......

Ping G430 Max 10K
Ping G410 5 wood
Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

Titleist T350 irons
54* & 58* Sub70 JB Wedges
PXG Operator H w/ BGT stability tour shaft   DF3 on the way!  

Caveat emptor.......

Problem is also the damn low profile tires they put on everything these days. 10k they're shot, and cost a fortune to replace. All in the name of the slightest incremental performance gain. Plus they ride rough and noisy. Car makers are stupid, and I don't have much sympathy for the buyers who should know better either.

A lady I know bought an entry level Mercedes sedan, CPO back in 2005 or so. She had the car roughly ten years, one side of the car had rust and rot early on., and the other no issues. MB said "Tough." After the warranty expired, every time she took it for service, cost over 1K.

I've only owned 10 cars in my 49 years of driving, including five Cadillacs, CPO and used. Haven't spent $130K totaling all purchase prices.

It seems that the OP drives his cars hard, so that can account for the excessive tire and alignment wear, somewhat. BUT, at $130K, who knows? A street car, even at that price, isn't driven like a race car, except by an enthusiast.

Little old ladies won't have any problems.

I do sympathize with the OP, though.

If that isn't a humblebrag then I don't know what is.

For real. There are millions of kids in this country that will go without dinner tonight, and I'm Supposed to give a $Hīt that he was so unhappy with his 130k luxury car what had to switch brands and buy a different 130k sports car

I don't think you're expected to give a sh*t. It's the 19th hole, you can talk about whatever you want here. If you are offended by someone being unhappy with a expensive sports car don't open the thread or post

Where is the line? I like expensive wines though those are more affordable in the grand scheme. But can I not post about them because it might offend someone who likes 10$ bottles?

People who have money shouldn't be banned from the internet

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Srixon ZX 19h w/PX hzrdus Red 80

Mizuno MP241 4-PW w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Mizuno MP24 52 w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Cleveland RTX6 60/10--Spinner

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

No worries mate. The intended audience is those who are in the market for any MB irrespective if it is a C Class or whatever.....perhaps MB needs to get rid of the Caste System Classification, lest Soros et al bankroll a protest, eh comrade!

I also drive an '06 F350 Crew Cab Long bed.....ooops forgot it is a King Ranch ;)

Slighter Auburn

For real. There are millions of kids in this country that will go without dinner tonight, and I'm Supposed to give a $Hīt that he was so unhappy with his 130k luxury car what had to switch brands and buy a different 130k sports car

Then stay away from the car forums I visit! And why do you need a $500 driver - should sell it and donate money to the homeless shelters

OP MB quality control is in line with the other premium Makers still. Maybe still at the top, definitely ahead of BMW and Lexus / Infinity. I'm in the car business I see it all. Vibrating at high speeds is not uncommon especially with 40 profile tires. Had a 2016 Stingray that was an absolute Lemon now have a Z06 that is rock Solid.

Brother has GL, CLS 550 AMG and AMG GT (Sick car). All have been solid.

Callaway AI Smoke Max 10.5 Tour AD DI 6 Stiff

Callaway UT 17 and 21 MMT 70 Stiff

PXG 0311 P Gen 6 4-G

SM10 56S 60M

Bettinardi Queen B 6

MB has never looked at tire life as a necessary requirement to their pursuit of "The Best, or Nothing." Tires, to MB engineers, are consumables. Their life is meaningless to the bigger picture.

Tire life on S-class sedans has been an issue since the W140 V12s.

It's moot now, but curious if you had 20" wheels on this car, and what was on your earlier cars?

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

For my curiosity, could someone enlighten me on the attitudes of traffic police in, say, Texas and in general around the USA?

The S Class Coupe looks fantastic, as did the CL before. Sorry to hear about all the trouble. Not the attitudes one would expect from MB. To the non-Americans among us, US is something many of us like to day dream about given your standard of customer service in general. Apparently the MB dealership didn't get the memo on that.

I did a little road trip in Germany/Austria/Italy/France/Switzerland with a MB C63AMG some time back and of all the cars I have ever driven, that was one I am prepared to really want to. Great fun on the curly alpine roads. That was the previous model with a 6.2l free aspiring V8 instead of the new 4.0l bi-turbo V8. But I am now in Australia where the traffic cops have sucked every possible atom of fun out of driving. Australians drive like idiots to start with and then you have anal speed limit enforcement on top of that so driving becomes a burden that one just has to go through. The way they tax cars here, I am not going to give them the pleasure of ripping me off for a nice car just to be denied the fun of having one.

[note: they have what's called Luxury Car Tax - luxury being, say, starting at the Volkswagen Passat range. That was to protect the local car industry which apparently prefers being subsidized rather than learning to make better cars. Now all the car manufacturing plants have closed down as Australia has become too expensive for manufacturing industries but the tax, of course, stays.]

I may end up going to central Europe for some time (say, a year) and if that happens, the first stop on the way out of the airport will be a MB dealership that has a suitable one. At least you can drive more freely in most of Europe, just don't be an idiot with it.

Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Aldila Rogue Silver
Cobra Speedzone 18.5 Aldila Rogue Silver
Callaway Apex UT 18, Recoil 95
Callaway Apex Pro 3i, Recoil 95
Callaway Apex Pro 4-9,P Recoil 110
Callaway MD4 54, 58
Ping Sigma G Kinloch C

Had 20s on my 911- irrelevant as it's a sports car my titties are still jiggling from that car (though I put 60,000 in 2 years on that car without an issue). I'd like to think I had 18s or 19s on the others, just don't remember.

The S Coupe is just too heavy to go on wide low profiles and you do feel bumps at speed. Not nec in the city or below 55 mph, but at speed, with that weight & momentum, it just doesn't sail over bumps and you feel the thud.

Have 20s on my Panamera Turbo. Ride is different I because of less weight. There is one section of highway where there is a 2" bump when you go from cement to asphalt. With the S it is a very pronounced and very felt bump- big thud, to the point where I always had to take it on an angle. With the Panamera you don't feel it at all and take it dead on.

I drive 120 miles before 11am M-W-F, occasionally 5 days a week every month or two. I live in the country and drive mainly county roads - no cops. 90% of my driving is done "at speed" on these roads. When they looked for comps when I traded it in, the closest they could find had 15,000 miles to my 49,685. So yes, I am very hard on my vehicles and not your prototypical S Coupe city driver. So if you drive a lot and hard the S "Creampuff" Coupe is a failure.

Moreover, MB failed from a customer relations standpoint to a well established and long time consumer. That is really more damaging to MB than the occasional lemon.

You know I'm just trying to give a heads up to my fellow . This is the only car I've ever dumped because it was a dog, and the only car that never made it to 2 years. You have no idea how disappointed I am- 26 years and 11 cars....

Slighter Auburn

I don't think you're expected to give a sh*t. It's the 19th hole, you can talk about whatever you want here. If you are offended by someone being unhappy with a expensive sports car don't open the thread or post

Where is the line? I like expensive wines though those are more affordable in the grand scheme. But can I not post about them because it might offend someone who likes 10$ bottles?

Can't speak for Johnny, but for myself there was no offense taken. I was just making fun of the humblebrag. Have issues with an expensive car? Sure, I get it. They make cars for all budgets. But, when you walk into an MB dealership, do you feel it's incumbent upon you to enumerate the past MB cars you've owned? Further, if you went to a Bentley dealership, would you highlight having bought a C-class in '97 all the way up to an S550 in recent years? Improvised thought, but doubtful. It was a passive-brag and making fun of said passive brag - that's all. I'm not offended, nor should anyone be offended by my post or related posts. It's the Internet - nothing is real!

Had 20s on my 911- irrelevant as it's a sports car my titties are still jiggling from that car (though I put 60,000 in 2 years on that car without an issue). I'd like to think I had 18s or 19s on the others, just don't remember.

The S Coupe is just too heavy to go on wide low profiles and you do feel bumps at speed. Not nec in the city or below 55 mph, but at speed, with that weight & momentum, it just doesn't sail over bumps and you feel the thud.

Have 20s on my Panamera Turbo. Ride is different I because of less weight. There is one section of highway where there is a 2" bump when you go from cement to asphalt. With the S it is a very pronounced and very felt bump- big thud, to the point where I always had to take it on an angle. With the Panamera you don't feel it at all and take it dead on.

I drive 120 miles before 11am M-W-F, occasionally 5 days a week every month or two. I live in the country and drive mainly county roads - no cops. 90% of my driving is done "at speed" on these roads. When they looked for comps when I traded it in, the closest they could find had 15,000 miles to my 49,685. So yes, I am very hard on my vehicles and not your prototypical S Coupe city driver. So if you drive a lot and hard the S "Creampuff" Coupe is a failure.

Moreover, MB failed from a customer relations standpoint to a well established and long time consumer. That is really more damaging to MB than the occasional lemon.

You know I'm just trying to give a heads up to my fellow . This is the only car I've ever dumped because it was a dog, and the only car that never made it to 2 years. You have no idea how disappointed I am- 26 years and 11 cars....

Thanks! I was more interested in what you had on the Mercs. We have been seeing an order of magnitude worse wear on 20" equipped cars than the 19" equipped. S/CL class speaking...

MB has different alignment specs for NA than other areas. Most specifically the camber and caster on the rear are not notated on the official spec sheet. The only real adjustment that can be made is toe. That's the official spew. Factually with shims and some "modifications" to the suspension the adjustments are there, but MB won't allow dealers to say that to owners. I'm not a dealer guy--just a Merc enthusiast who turns his own wrenches.

The Mercs with the suspension that drops over 30mph are especially worse at this issue.

It's a very prevalent thing that we will never convince Stuttgart is relevant. Their minds are made up. For better or worse.

Like you said, a heavy pig car pretending to be a sport sedan. Something has to give. Some tires do better than others but in the 20" world they all will have suck a** life.

I agree that MB customer service is not what it used to be. It's really too bad, but in all reality to them, 11 cars in 26 years is nothing to corporate. There are thousands of clients in Merclandia who buys multiples yearly. If you're on the list for a fleet of G-Wagens and a SLR AMG GT or three then they might start to notice, but don't expect them to the first year you do it. lol

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

Can't speak for Johnny, but for myself there was no offense taken. I was just making fun of the humblebrag. Have issues with an expensive car? Sure, I get it. They make cars for all budgets. But, when you walk into an MB dealership, do you feel it's incumbent upon you to enumerate the past MB cars you've owned? Further, if you went to a Bentley dealership, would you highlight having bought a C-class in '97 all the way up to an S550 in recent years? Improvised thought, but doubtful. It was a passive-brag and making fun of said passive brag - that's all. I'm not offended, nor should anyone be offended by my post or related posts. It's the Internet - nothing is real!

Maybe I'm just a service advisor for Mercedes, And I take exception to being accused of being a moron and a liar. Epecially

considering the service was just fine for the last 26 years and 11 cars wasn't it?

Maybe I'm just a service advisor for Mercedes, And I take exception to being accused of being a moron and a liar. Epecially

considering the service was just fine for the last 26 years and 11 cars wasn't it?

Res ipsa loquitor.....

Thanks! I was more interested in what you had on the Mercs. We have been seeing an order of magnitude worse wear on 20" equipped cars than the 19" equipped. S/CL class speaking...

MB has different alignment specs for NA than other areas. Most specifically the camber and caster on the rear are not notated on the official spec sheet. The only real adjustment that can be made is toe. That's the official spew. Factually with shims and some "modifications" to the suspension the adjustments are there, but MB won't allow dealers to say that to owners. I'm not a dealer guy--just a Merc enthusiast who turns his own wrenches.

The Mercs with the suspension that drops over 30mph are especially worse at this issue.

It's a very prevalent thing that we will never convince Stuttgart is relevant. Their minds are made up. For better or worse.

Like you said, a heavy pig car pretending to be a sport sedan. Something has to give. Some tires do better than others but in the 20" world they all will have suck a** life.

I agree that MB customer service is not what it used to be. It's really too bad, but in all reality to them, 11 cars in 26 years is nothing to corporate. There are thousands of clients in Merclandia who buys multiples yearly. If you're on the list for a fleet of G-Wagens and a SLR AMG GT or three then they might start to notice, but don't expect them to the first year you do it. lol

As dan360 said you just can't take the "Deutschland über alles in der Welt" out of the Cherman enchineeer. I thought they finally softened up and we finally got over the cold middle dash vents of yesteryear..........

No I was lied to Plain and simple- I was told "it was road damage," on the inside of all 4 tires for the third time by my guy after that third flat. BS! The car was brought to the Goodyear shop first to fix "nail holes" or so I thought. The second service rep from a different dealer blamed it entirely on the tires as that is inherent with all unidirectional tires......

The third rep I called, is actually an out of state distant relative. (I had forgotten about him) Prolly why he was the only honest one to tell it like it is.

Frankly I should have been told of the issue, that I drive too hard/too much or whatever and that perhaps going to 19" non run-flats would be a better choice. Hell, I would have even spent the $ on the tires and wheels myself (though most would prolly agree that after the third visit the dealer should have tossed me a bone).

If that were to have happened I'd have been the one 'splainin to my wife why I still have the car rather than her tell everyone "it is just a poorly engineered car...."

I agree with you wholeheartedly and as a craftsman, you should take exception to this both mechanically and how it was handled..................again, in today's world every mfg can produce a lemon, it happens. It's how you handle it that speaks volumes for your reputation.

Yes, you should be mad, but not at me........

Slighter Auburn