2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiger has been through more emotions in the last 10 years than most people go through in a lifetime. Fathers death, top athlete in the world, dirty laundry aired to the entire world, laughing stock of Kymars jokes, divorce, surgery, struggling golf game, the list goes on. Pills are very addictive and if you have depression issues it can be even more serious. It's not hard to understand why / if Tiger does have some depression issues and it's not hard to understand why / if he would abuse the medications. If you can't have sympathy for him as a human being than you have your own issues that are more than likely deeper than his. Whether his issues are self inflicted or not it's hard not to feel bad for the guy.

Yeah, nobody has ever had their father pass away, gone through surgery, or gotten divorced.

Are people on here really this clueless and unable to understand each individual situation is unique? Do you really think your personal challenges are the same as what Tiger deals with? His fall as a world superstar is up there with the longest falls ever. But it's the same as what John Doe deals with? Stop it....

So why was Tiger out at 3am mixing his meds and then driving? I am sure he will have a great answer for that.

Apparently according to the tiger fans in this threads there are several answers like: its none of your business, poor guy just mixed meds it can happen to anybody!, 90% of people have done this, etc..

What i dont understand is how can you not separate the golfer from the man. I loved tiger as a player but not as an ambassador to the game or as a person. This legal incident does nothing for me personally in regards to how i view tiger. It doesnt make me dislike him more nor does it diminish his record as aplayer. The reactions by his fans in this thread is mind numbing. The excuse making, the mental gymnastics in defending him, addiction excuses, etc.. sure there are some that are relishing this news but more are doubling down in the excuse making. The facts are so damming that if youre a tiger fan you should probably sit this one out and let him play it out in the justice system. Whether he gets a slap on the wrist or not its a DUI, period. Maybe your hero getting beat up by random people on the net hurts but its self inlflicted and should not affect your life in anyway and wasting enrgy defending the undefendable could be better used elsewhere. It is newsworthy and everyone will have their say whether we like it or not. My 2 cents

I'm with you. I loved watching Tiger the golfer. Heck, his divorce was off-putting but tons of athletes cheat and I was shocked by a lot of the stories, but happy to see him play well in 2012-2013.

But over the last 6 or 7 years, I felt like he's always spinning stories to the media, making excuses, contradicting himself, and the act just got old. It's been a constant "oh, everything is fine now, but for

Tiger has been through more emotions in the last 10 years than most people go through in a lifetime. Fathers death, top athlete in the world, dirty laundry aired to the entire world, laughing stock of Kymars jokes, divorce, surgery, struggling golf game, the list goes on. Pills are very addictive and if you have depression issues it can be even more serious. It's not hard to understand why / if Tiger does have some depression issues and it's not hard to understand why / if he would abuse the medications. If you can't have sympathy for him as a human being than you have your own issues that are more than likely deeper than his. Whether his issues are self inflicted or not it's hard not to feel bad for the guy.

Yeah, nobody has ever had their father pass away, gone through surgery, or gotten divorced.

Under a 24/7 media microscope? Yes, he's a world famous golfer and a billionaire so it comes with the territory, but you're full of s*** if you think handling your troubles in private is the same as what he's had to deal with. A bank vault filled with gold is a wonderful silver lining, but money can't buy you privacy, and privacy is freedom. Freedom? Priceless.

I never said it was the same - but things like having surgery isn't unfathomably difficult - famous athletes undergo surgery all the time, and have their parents pass away.

The microscope on his personal life with his divorce obviously is brutal to deal with, but Tiger put himself in that position. I actually don't know how he dodged it for so many years.

Everyone acts like Tiger has the hardest life in the history of humankind. Close relative of mine grew up with an alcoholic abusive father, served in the Vietnam war, had his son unexpectedly die, and has been blind for the last 25 years of his life, and I'm not sure I've actually heard him complain about it. But Tiger's had it harder than that? Why, because he ran around with a bunch of women and ruined his marriage?

Go ask any parent that has a child with a terminal illness if they think Tiger Woods has it tough and let me know what they say.

I'm not wishing ill on Tiger, but literally everything Tiger does has to be the hardest thing ever, or better than anyone ever, for virtually everything. It's as though people don't know anyone outside of Tiger Woods.

Tiger was the first.

Tiger is not only some sort of Night Owl, but is also seriously depressed, abusing meds and addicted to medication.

Again, the first.

But wait. In the horschel thread you said All he has to do is not do it

And all I have to do is quit being poor?

Speaking of operating a vehicle while impaired...that describes many who live in Massachusetts (no liquor, legal or illegal substances required).

Describes many elderly people as well that shouldn't be on the road any more.

Ping G425 LST 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini

Are people on here really this clueless and unable to understand each individual situation is unique? Do you really think your personal challenges are the same as what Tiger deals with? His fall as a world superstar is up there with the longest falls ever. But it's the same as what John Doe deals with? Stop it....

You're right. Tiger has had it harder than anyone, ever.

More details emerging now. A couple tires blown out, the front and rear bumpers were damaged, and he thought he was driving from LA to Orange County. I'm sorry... I don't care what the law states about prescription drugs and driving, I can't defend this guy. This is just so irresponsible. He was lucky he didn't kill anyone or himself.

Yes, he was and

So is/was everyone who ever drove after drinking who didn't.

Which is basically everyone.

The indignation is bordering on hysteria and meantime everybody here knows somebody who drank and drove *this* weekend.

That's what she said

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

The indignation is bordering on hysteria and meantime everybody here knows somebody who drank and drove *this* weekend.

Or are driving around on bald or underinflated tires, or worn brakes, or ball joints that are about to break, or whatever. I am certainly not condoning driving under any kind of influence, but the hypocrisy is interesting. All of the above are irresponsible.

Speaking of operating a vehicle while impaired...that describes many who live in Massachusetts (no liquor, legal or illegal substances required).

Drivers up there are called Mass holes for a reason.

True story. Had a guy tailgating me in the right lane of the freeway one night with light traffic. Dude just wouldn't pass me so finally I moved over to the middle lane. As he buzzed by me on the right the guy flipped me off.

Can any of us truly say where we are?

yes im in my house, and i never take pills

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
[b]3 WOOD[/b]- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
[b]HYBRID[/b]- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
[b]IRONS[/b]- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
[b]GAP[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
[b]SAND[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
[b]LOB[/b]- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
[b]PUTTER[/b]- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
[b]BALL[/b]- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/size]

Drivers up there are called Mass holes for a reason.

True story. Had a guy tailgating me in the right lane of the freeway one night with light traffic. Dude just wouldn't pass me so finally I moved over to the middle lane. As he buzzed by me on the right the guy flipped me off.

Gotta love the left turn on green in front of traffic as a unwritten rule.

Ping G425 LST 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini

Riiiight.... because that is what I said... It's really not hard to understand this situation for anyone be it Tiger or you. If some random guy ruins his life, causes a divorce, looses his job, and just spirals out of control it's still okay to have sympathy for that person whether they were self inflicted or not. It's called empathy and compassion, it doesn't mean they don't have to pay the price for their mistakes and should be let off lightly. It simply means that you have an understanding for their situation and what drove them to make the decisions that they made and that deep down you wish the best for that person. Piling on and kicking a man when he is down is not a sign of compassion or empathy. Not saying that is what you are doing but it is what a lot of people tend to do when they see weakness or vulnerability.

Have you ever helped the homeless on Thanksgiving and spoken to them about what caused them to get to the point in life that they are at? I have heard some tragic stories that were 100% self inflicted, it doesn't mean I don't want to help them and see them live a healthy and good life. Many stories are situations similar to Tigers. Tons of pressure on them at a young age, excelled at something in life, death of a loved won, embarrassment, depression, drug abuse.... Again we don't know for certain all of Tiger's current situation but his pattern is very common. It's truly a very sad story.

More details emerging now. A couple tires blown out, the front and rear bumpers were damaged, and he thought he was driving from LA to Orange County. I'm sorry... I don't care what the law states about prescription drugs and driving, I can't defend this guy. This is just so irresponsible. He was lucky he didn't kill anyone or himself.

Yes, he was and

I am pretty sure I do not know anyone that drank and drove this weekend. And for those of you who are defending the practice (... "Everybody does it" ...), how tough is it to not drink and drive? Seriously. Just do not drink. If you have to drink to have a good time/relax/be social/etc, you may want to rethink your relationship with alcohol.

drn92

Describes many elderly people as well that shouldn't be on the road any more.

testify brother !

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Yes, he was and

Are you serious with this??? This isn't a case of having a couple beers after work and going home. He physically damaged his car and thought he was in a state, 2,000 miles across the country!!! That's not having a slight buzz, that's FUBAR.

Riiiight.... because that is what I said... It's really not hard to understand this situation for anyone be it Tiger or you. If some random guy ruins his life, causes a divorce, looses his job, and just spirals out of control it's still okay to have sympathy for that person whether they were self inflicted or not. It's called empathy and compassion, it doesn't mean they don't have to pay the price for their mistakes and should be let off lightly. It simply means that you have an understanding for their situation and what drove them to make the decisions that they made and that deep down you wish the best for that person. Piling on and kicking a man when he is down is not a sign of compassion or empathy. Not saying that is what you are doing but it is what a lot of people tend to do when they see weakness or vulnerability.

Have you ever helped the homeless on Thanksgiving and spoken to them about what caused them to get to the point in life that they are at? I have heard some tragic stories that were 100% self inflicted, it doesn't mean I don't want to help them and see them live a healthy and good life. Many stories are situations similar to Tigers. Tons of pressure on them at a young age, excelled at something in life, death of a loved won, embarrassment, depression, drug abuse.... Again we don't know for certain all of Tiger's current situation but his pattern is very common. It's truly a very sad story.

I'm not saying that Tiger has it easy; I just think that saying he's had it harder in the last 10 years than most people in their lifetime is an exaggeration. I could name quite a few people right off the top of my head who have had a much harder time than Tiger.

Either way, don't want to get off topic or come off too argumentative, because Tiger obviously has had a tough 10 years.

I'm totally uninterested in tigers "emotions". The interesting part is what really happened. OK, no booze apparently, so that cop smelling alcohol was fake news, seemingly. So that's good. But still, that coctail he mixed with painkillers and possibly other pills must have sent him flying all over the place. Wakes up three in the morning in a car saying he has been playing golf. My back has been somewhat sore, maybe I should ask my house doctor for some of those pills. Or maybe not.

But can pills like what pills he might have been taking made him as stupid as go out driving?

Yes, he was and

I am pretty sure I do not know anyone that drank and drove this weekend. And for those of you who are defending the practice (... "Everybody does it" ...), how tough is it to not drink and drive? Seriously. Just do not drink. If you have to drink to have a good time/relax/be social/etc, you may want to rethink your relationship with alcohol.

drn92

How am I not supposed to drink and drive when there are drive through liquor stores. The only thing making it not an open container is the little bit of straw wrapper still on the top!

Not all who wander are lost.

M1 440 8.5 Kuru Kage X
TEE cb2 15 X
Taylormade M1 5 wood speeder S
Cobra amp cell pro 3-pw X100
Cobra Tour Trusty 53-58 X100
T.P Mills RS

Has there ever been a more precipitous decline by a major athlete in history?

Precipitous decline? What did he do other than have back surgeries? So he banged some chicks and got a divorce. The divorce rate is 50% and half your friends are probably divorced cause they are lying cheater. Are all your friends "on a precipitous decline" too? Let me guess. You have perfect friend like you who have neither cheater or drove drunk, ever? You're all perfect Christians who go to church every Sunday and would never do such a thing, right?

So far Tiger has done nothing that Michael Jordan has not done till this weekend. Is Michael Jordan on a precipitous decline too?

I'm totally uninterested in tigers "emotions". The interesting part is what really happened. OK, no booze apparently, so that cop smelling alcohol was fake news, seemingly. So that's good. But still, that coctail he mixed with painkillers and possibly other pills must have sent him flying all over the place. Wakes up three in the morning saying he has been playing golf. My back has been somewhat sore, maybe I should ask my house doctor for some of those pills. Or maybe not.

But can pills like what pills he might have been taking made him as stupid as go out driving?

GC said he took a urine test, so those results should be available and people will have some idea what was in his system. It's a bizarre situation for sure. Thankfully nobody was hurt.

Yes, he was and

I can only assume the Dallas Cowboy player that was just stopped for DUI yesterday is getting the same from these fine folks.

And stop it-that is not deflecting blame away from Tiger. But folks' outrage is misplaced if it is only saved for one individual.

Wilson Dynapower Carbon Mitsu Kai’li 60S

Wilson Dynapower 3+ 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Wilson UDI 3 HZRDUS Black 90

Wilson 4-6 Dynapower forged/ 7-P Staff CB all Nippon Pro Modus 115s

Wilson ZM forged 50° 56° 60° DG TI Spinner wedge

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/    Cameron Del Mar