2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

You guys on the other side of the Water should ease up on the meds. Pill poppin Sue Ellen to mind!

We do have a serious problem with presccription drugs. But don't you mates over their drink excessively in the pubs? Drinking is like a right of passage in Scotland/England.

the problem here is those all day drinking sessions. Great fun at the time talking BS drunk, but takes it toll in the long run.

XR16 Driver 11.5 Prolaunch Blue Axis reg spine aligned FLOed 45.25" 245y
Adams Speed Line Fast 12 Fairway 17 degrees stock Prolaunch Blue Speedcoat reg spine aligned FLOed 220y
Wilson19.5 Fybrid FY(fairway bridge) stock reg Prolaunch V2 spine aligned FLOed 200y
Adams Super Pro 23 Hybrid Stock Prolaunch Platinium reg spine aligned FLOed 190y
i25 Black Dot 4i-9i Z-Z65 1/2" Long(4-7i with bounce grind) 180-130y
i25 Black Dot UW weakened to 48 Z-Z65 1/2" Long 115y
TM TP 52-9(bent to 53) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/2" long 100y
TM TP 58-10(bent to 59 bounce ground to 6) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/4" long 85y
Evnroll ER5 370g Hatchback 34" No 30g counterweight 69 degrees Lie 4 Loft Winn Jumbo Lite Pistol 59g Grip Black Tone
All 13 grips GP MCC+4 Grey Logo hidden/down midsize +1 tape layer
Callaway Chrome Soft Ball White
Mizuno Skintite Glove

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To Mickey Rooney, "It's the only way to fly"! Now mix up that old fashioned.

XR16 Driver 11.5 Prolaunch Blue Axis reg spine aligned FLOed 45.25" 245y
Adams Speed Line Fast 12 Fairway 17 degrees stock Prolaunch Blue Speedcoat reg spine aligned FLOed 220y
Wilson19.5 Fybrid FY(fairway bridge) stock reg Prolaunch V2 spine aligned FLOed 200y
Adams Super Pro 23 Hybrid Stock Prolaunch Platinium reg spine aligned FLOed 190y
i25 Black Dot 4i-9i Z-Z65 1/2" Long(4-7i with bounce grind) 180-130y
i25 Black Dot UW weakened to 48 Z-Z65 1/2" Long 115y
TM TP 52-9(bent to 53) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/2" long 100y
TM TP 58-10(bent to 59 bounce ground to 6) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/4" long 85y
Evnroll ER5 370g Hatchback 34" No 30g counterweight 69 degrees Lie 4 Loft Winn Jumbo Lite Pistol 59g Grip Black Tone
All 13 grips GP MCC+4 Grey Logo hidden/down midsize +1 tape layer
Callaway Chrome Soft Ball White
Mizuno Skintite Glove

My brain hurts after reading this thread. I just can't take it any more!

Yet here you are??

It sorta sucks to be above it all though like the typical train wreck, ya just can't help yourself and can't look away, huh??????

Your brain doesn't hurt that badly and You'll find a way to take more...,

Theatrics aside, you'll be fine??

Stay well and have a great day?

My Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Bah! This thread is over.

He took a few narcotics at various times throughout the day to alleviate back pain. He took one late and night, was feeling fine, then decided to take a drive at 1 or 2am to McDonalds for chicken McNuggets. The last pill he took kicked in and he blacked out on the way there. He pulled over to avoid an accident. He fell asleep and was woken up by a cop who charged him with a DUI.

Big deal.

Case closed.

Whatever driver happens to be working at the time
Some random 3 wood
My same, old irons
A few wedges...
Scotty Cameron Fastback

He took a few narcotics at various times throughout the day to alleviate back pain. He took one late and night, was feeling fine, then decided to take a drive at 1 or 2am to McDonalds for chicken McNuggets. The last pill he took kicked in and he blacked out on the way there. He pulled over to avoid an accident. He fell asleep and was woken up by a cop who charged him with a DUI.

Big deal.

Case closed.

THIS.

The dude made an honest mistake. I like how all the perfect Christians in here are the most judgmental. I thought you religious nuts were not supposed to judge people?

He had no alcohol in his body. Just woke up from his painkillers, give him a break. He was NOT driving and that law is BS. I am neutral on Tiger but he has serious physical problems and takes painkillers for all those injuries like anyone else would do. Sad the news has nothing better to report.

Police report is out. Car had damage so he was definitely driving.

That only proves car has damage. Could have been damaged while parked. Without witness to driving how can you swear he was driving. ?

I'm not giving tiger a pass. He's being punished more than you or I would right now. But. Circumstantial evidence is pretty weak in court. But I'm sure he will plea this down and get it Behind him.

Hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa!

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

More talent and money than most in the world, dude has an episode with meds and people want to feel sorry for him.....lmao.

I deal with demons on a daily basis, and have to go to work, support a family, you know, carry on real life.

This is a damn joke. He made his bed, time to sleep in it.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

He had no alcohol in his body. Just woke up from his painkillers, give him a break. He was NOT driving and that law is BS. I am neutral on Tiger but he has serious physical problems and takes painkillers for all those injuries like anyone else would do. Sad the news has nothing better to report.

That only proves car has damage. Could have been damaged while parked. Without witness to driving how can you swear he was driving. ?

I'm not giving tiger a pass. He's being punished more than you or I would right now. But. Circumstantial evidence is pretty weak in court. But I'm sure he will plea this down and get it Behind him.

yes Tiger was just waiting for AA, err make that triple A ; )

you know ...vanadals are everywhere !

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Big deal.

Case closed.

Reminds me of an album - Stop Making Sense!

Serious post 1st thing this morning.... I hope everyone here could pickup on the fun last night... i figured this super serious thread that is frought with facts and hardline data could use some humor.... that aside..

Today i would love to just say that I for one feel sorry for Tiger .. not because he didnt make his own choices. But just as one human to another. I feel like he is struggling with the reality of his physical state . And its manifesting itself in the ways we have seen.

Yesterday i was on the practice green at my home course and heard no less than 3 conversations going that had members reveling in this news. These guys were actually giddy about it. quotes could be heard that said ( paraphrasing slightly) " i have said for years he wasnt good for the game and here we are ....the truth comes out ".... as if he is now a drug dealer or soemthing..... also heard a couple other expletives attached to some other words of description i cant mention here. I eventually left as it was making me angry listening....( small green i had no choice but to hear, and eventually would have had no choice but to say something).... I said allthat to say this...

I sincerely hope no-one here is really happy iniside that a fellow man has fallen as Tiger has.... I just cannot subscribe to the idea that its ok to kick a man when hes down.. even an enemy... and nobody here knows him well enough to call him enemy... ( i assume).. If you are in the camp of disgusted or dissapointed then count me as agreeing.. I am dissapointed... I have an 8 year old that i have had to explain what "Tiger did" as its on any channel that he and I have watched for 24 hours ( we love sports) .... But i dont hate the man .. I woud still love to see him get help and be healthy.. if that includes golf cool., if not... well he doesnt owe us anymore than what hes given...

Sorry for the sermon i guess.. But i thought about this all evening and still on my mind this morning...After hearing those guys in person yesterday I find it troubling that there are people in this world that enjoy seeing someone fall like this and i find it disgusting the reason that they enjoy it.. heres to hoping tiger gets some real friends around him , and gets his mind into a better place. Again not really aiming at anyone here.. Just wanted to get that off my chest and maybe make someone think of how it looks if we get over the top with comments sometimes...

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

After reading the recent reports, it seems plausible that he could have taken his meds at home while in complete control of his actions, gotten in the car to make a quick trip for food/coffee/what-not, and the meds hit him hard on the way. By the time he realized he was in trouble, he turned on his right turn signal, pulled the car to the side of the road, and passed out. I am not trying to minimize the significance of driving while intoxicated, but there is a difference between getting smashed and then getting in the car and driving vs. having an unexpected response to medication while driving and doing the responsible thing and pulling the car to the side of the road. Again, this is complete conjecture on my part, but he blew a 0.00, so it may have been what happened. And while I'm creating a completely unsubstantiated scenario, I would also like to say that I would be surprised if Ambien was not involved.

This would be the same as taking 5 quick shots of liquor and driving. I felt fine until about 10 minutes down the road. I'm assuming he realized he was in trouble after he wrecked, thankfully not into another car. There is nothing responsible with taking medication, possibly several, that all say do not drive and getting behind the wheel to go get food/coffee/what-not. This isn't like he just pulled into a parking lot, he was partially in the roadway vehicle damaged and passed out. That doesn't scream responsible.

I agree that if this scenario is in fact what played out, then he should have never been driving. But it at least seems plausible and better for his image than other possible scenarios.

After reading the recent reports, it seems plausible that he could have taken his meds at home while in complete control of his actions, gotten in the car to make a quick trip for food/coffee/what-not, and the meds hit him hard on the way. By the time he realized he was in trouble, he turned on his right turn signal, pulled the car to the side of the road, and passed out. I am not trying to minimize the significance of driving while intoxicated, but there is a difference between getting smashed and then getting in the car and driving vs. having an unexpected response to medication while driving and doing the responsible thing and pulling the car to the side of the road. Again, this is complete conjecture on my part, but he blew a 0.00, so it may have been what happened. And while I'm creating a completely unsubstantiated scenario, I would also like to say that I would be surprised if Ambien was not involved.

fixed that for you.

Lol... Thanks, man.

917D3 9.5 Rogue Black
917F3 15 Diamana Blue
818H2 19 Tensei Blue
Mizuno MP14 2
Mizuno MP4 4-9
Vokey SM7 46, 50, 54, 58
Edel 60
(will swap 58 for 60 and a Vokey for the 2-iron as needed)
Custom Scotty Newport 2
or
Scotty X5R

Big deal.

Case closed.

This is where I'm leaning, too.

917D3 9.5 Rogue Black
917F3 15 Diamana Blue
818H2 19 Tensei Blue
Mizuno MP14 2
Mizuno MP4 4-9
Vokey SM7 46, 50, 54, 58
Edel 60
Custom Scotty Newport 2
or
Scotty X5R

Big deal.

Case closed.

This is where I'm leaning, too.

Or he could have been looking for a street hooker. Nah.....this thread is alive and well. ;)

My senior bag.......

Taylormade Sim Max  9* driver reg
Callaway Rogue 3 & 5 fw woods reg
Callaway Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids reg
Sub 70 699 pro's 6-pw
Ping Glide 50*, 54* & 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2 ball putter
Sub 70 Staff bag

When one takes a Percocet orally as prescribed, putting the pill in your mouth, taking a swig of a liquid and swallowing it, roughly 48% of that oxycodone gets into your system after the pill is metabolized and goes through one's system.

By dissolving it, one gets 92% of the narcotic into their system.

This is 100% false.

PLEASE TELL ME YOUR JOKING !!!!!

I just used my last 6 pills to make a "Forged4ever Shooter"

Back when I had a ruptured disc in my neck, I used to grind my percs up and dissolve them in some OJ.

Called it HammerTime.

Dunno about the difference between digestion vs dissolution, but it seemed to start working faster for me.

Yes, when ground up it will get absorbed into the bloodstream faster, but not by much. But, there's a difference between absorption, bioavailability, and metabolism. And the whole "90-92% in your system versus 48-50%" stuff is complete nonsense with absolutely no basis in fact.

Percocet tabs are immediate release tabs (not extended release), so it dissolves relatively quickly in the GI tract.

you cant crush oxy anymore without the active ingredient being rendered ineffective. It was developed by Purdue Pharma back in 2010.

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-05/#page-3

its not fool proof but unless you are a serious drug user, you are not crushing and snorting this any longer....that's why you mix these drugs because the up front "bang" of oxy is no longer a thing.....its a slow burn as they say which is still highly addictive. My OPINION is Tiger mixed up to 3 different drugs which is a huge cry for help

Big deal.

Case closed.

THIS.

The dude made an honest mistake. I like how all the perfect Christians in here are the most judgmental. I thought you religious nuts were not supposed to judge people?

I'm not sure where the jab at Christians came from, but as a Christian (a FAR from perfect one, by the way), I'll be the first to say that I am not judging Tiger. We all make mistakes - it goes with the human territory. None are perfect. We all do dumb, selfish things. On a spiritual note, that is precisely the reason why Christians take on Christ - not because we're perfect, but because we're so far from it.

I'm one of the ones who is hoping that Tiger made an honest mistake and did the most responsible thing he could at the time by pulling the car over. But even if he got smashed and went joyriding around Jupiter, I wouldn't judge him. This entire situation saddens me.

917D3 9.5 Rogue Black
917F3 15 Diamana Blue
818H2 19 Tensei Blue
Mizuno MP14 2
Mizuno MP4 4-9
Vokey SM7 46, 50, 54, 58
Edel 60
Custom Scotty Newport 2
or
Scotty X5R

Serious post 1st thing this morning.... I hope everyone here could pickup on the fun last night... i figured this super serious thread that is frought with facts and hardline data could use some humor.... that aside..

Today i would love to just say that I for one feel sorry for Tiger .. not because he didnt make his own choices. But just as one human to another. I feel like he is struggling with the reality of his physical state . And its manifesting itself in the ways we have seen.

Yesterday i was on the practice green at my home course and heard no less than 3 conversations going that had members reveling in this news. These guys were actually giddy about it. quotes could be heard that said ( paraphrasing slightly) " i have said for years he wasnt good for the game and here we are ....the truth comes out ".... as if he is now a drug dealer or soemthing..... also heard a couple other expletives attached to some other words of description i cant mention here. I eventually left as it was making me angry listening....( small green i had no choice but to hear, and eventually would have had no choice but to say something).... I said allthat to say this...

I sincerely hope no-one here is really happy iniside that a fellow man has fallen as Tiger has.... I just cannot subscribe to the idea that its ok to kick a man when hes down.. even an enemy... and nobody here knows him well enough to call him enemy... ( i assume).. If you are in the camp of disgusted or dissapointed then count me as agreeing.. I am dissapointed... I have an 8 year old that i have had to explain what "Tiger did" as its on any channel that he and I have watched for 24 hours ( we love sports) .... But i dont hate the man .. I woud still love to see him get help and be healthy.. if that includes golf cool., if not... well he doesnt owe us anymore than what hes given...

Sorry for the sermon i guess.. But i thought about this all evening and still on my mind this morning...After hearing those guys in person yesterday I find it troubling that there are people in this world that enjoy seeing someone fall like this and i find it disgusting the reason that they enjoy it.. heres to hoping tiger gets some real friends around him , and gets his mind into a better place. Again not really aiming at anyone here.. Just wanted to get that off my chest and maybe make someone think of how it looks if we get over the top with comments sometimes...

Great post, buddy.

917D3 9.5 Rogue Black
917F3 15 Diamana Blue
818H2 19 Tensei Blue
Mizuno MP14 2
Mizuno MP4 4-9
Vokey SM7 46, 50, 54, 58
Edel 60
Custom Scotty Newport 2
or
Scotty X5R

This thread is less about Tiger and his problems, the current one will probably result in a plea deal with limited consequences, as it is about those who revere him and those who tease and mock him primarily to see the fans run around with their hair on fire.

Never fear, Tiger's place in history is secure. His fame will live on, larger than most, kind of like shoeless Joe Jackson, or maybe Oedipus Rex, a tragic figure whose flaws ultimately resulted in his fall. I think he has fallen, hasn't he?

This is 100% false.

PLEASE TELL ME YOUR JOKING !!!!!

I just used my last 6 pills to make a "Forged4ever Shooter" ???

Back when I had a ruptured disc in my neck, I used to grind my percs up and dissolve them in some OJ.

Called it HammerTime.

Dunno about the difference between digestion vs dissolution, but it seemed to start working faster for me.

Yes, when ground up it will get absorbed into the bloodstream faster, but not by much. But, there's a difference between absorption, bioavailability, and metabolism. And the whole "90-92% in your system versus 48-50%" stuff is complete nonsense with absolutely no basis in fact.

Percocet tabs are immediate release tabs (not extended release), so it dissolves relatively quickly in the GI tract.

you cant crush oxy anymore without the active ingredient being rendered ineffective. It was developed by Purdue Pharma back in 2010.

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-05/#page-3

its not fool proof but unless you are a serious drug user, you are not crushing and snorting this any longer....that's why you mix these drugs because the up front "bang" of oxy is no longer a thing.....its a slow burn as they say which is still highly addictive. My OPINION is Tiger mixed up to 3 different drugs which is a huge cry for help

#1, oxycodone is present in both Percocet/percodans(IR) and in OxyContin(ER). Percocets are Immediate Release and OxyContin Extended Release. It is correct that OxyContins were redesigned so that if their integrity was compromised in an attempt to quicken the oxycodone's bioavailability, it would render the pill worthless so as to avoid the overdoses that were occurring.

As I stated previously, the numbers that I used come from Dr. Cyril Wecht, a world renowned Pathologist, Medical Examimer and researcher who got involved in invitro testing fallowing a rash of deaths in which he was called in on resulting from OxyContin over doses. He gave this lecture in Pgh, Miami and at UCLA. Please do not quote me garbage from the internet where just like here, you've gotta bunch of yoyo's with fake usernames, ficticious avatars and their tone of anonymous certainty far far far far exceeds any academic or intellectual knowledge.

Crushing and snorting a Percocet is harsh and a waste in my opinion and nothing like dissolving in liquid and Dr. Wecht spoke to both as a transfer system.

When one says "Oxy," that was the street/slang name for Oxycontin and yes, one cannot crush, cut or dissolve them presently or they will be rendered worthless.

However nothing was done to Percocets/Percodans and this is just my Opinion, though it's based on being in on over 4200+ surgeries as the proprietor of an orthopedic implant distributorship and also as a Physician CME Lecturer on Scheduled Dispensing and that is that most docs, strike that, virtually all docs prescribe Perks post op though I've seen a few prescribe Vikes(WTF???) and not OxyContins as a post-op med.

IF Tiger is indeed still on a pain pill and Oxycodone was mentioned, then in all likelihood it is a Percocet, not OxyContin.

When one uses the slang ""Oxy" they are referring to the Extended Release pill, OxyContin and not the active narcotic, oxycodone. And yes, Percocets can still be ground up, though there are much better ways of taking it-

Like try following the instructions on the bottle

Have a nice day/evening Gents?

RP

Later Ed: Someone just asked me a question and obviously I am not a Physician however this is sort of common knowledge in the Physician community and that is that one should limit their acetaminophen intake to 2000mg/day(about 6 5/325 or 10/335 Percocets/day) and bear in mind that this is not a maintainence drug so you will hopefully only be on them for 2-3 weeks, TOPS!!

However this doc prescribed this member 10/650 Percocets, which is 10mg oxycodone and 650mg acetaminophen. With most instructions being "one every 4-6 hours" that would mean 4(2600mg acetaminophen) to 6 Percocets/day(3900mg acetaminophen/day), both being above the daily recommended level with the latter being well into the "red" zone for not only liver problems but also GI/stomach problems.

I know of no docs that prescribe the 650 Percocets because the main reason in prescribing them is pain relief versus their anti-inflammatory function. I would RUN, not walk to your doc and discuss this yesterday!!! I'm amazed that a pharmacist did not either call him and question this selection or speak to you about it as the patient. Again, I can only go by what you told me and one, I give you credit for being able to read numbers on a bottle and two, I am not a physician however I would be on the horn immediately. I bring this up here in case anyone else is taking such a high dose of acetaminophen, remember, 2000mg is the magic number and Ya shouldn't be living on NSAIDs for pain/inflammation relief and if ya are(I have for long periods with my knees when Inwas Playin 5-6 rounds/week), get a liver panel done at least once a year(I get it twice). Ok, Later :) RP II

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Tiger gets a DUI with no alcohol involved...

He's fine, take a chill pill or whatever Tiger took

I have an unchangeable TV channel on at work and I have to watch these idiots on CNBC talk about his decline and loss of sponsorships...makes me wonder if they are making sense on any of the other topics Im taking their word on...good grief

You would be wise to be quite skeptical.

thanks Richard,

Man, I took percodan after having 3 wisdom teeth removed, and it makes you just sit there enjoying the chem high. You don't wanna move.

Scarey thing here is he is parked on the road ('stopped in the right lane with the vehicle partially in the bike lane') with 2 flats, damage to front and rear end. Had another vehicle like a semi trailer come along, doing 40-50 and good night nurse!

If you all think it's impossible to get a conviction without a biological specimen you're sadly mistaken.

are we talking tiger woods or broke guy who has public defender ?

It's pretty clear Tiger and his team are not going to fight this. That's why his statement was conciliatory and very complementary toward law enforcement. I'm sure they want this to go away as quickly as possible. Plead guilty, pay fine, no drive for the next year.

I think so. We will see a statement saying it was all an accident due to prescribed medication, he acknowledges by law he was wrong, he will pay the fines, have a driver for a year, and only the media and fans will hold him accountable going forward. I mean is a dui really going to hurt him if he can make it back to professional golf. It will hurt with sponsors but come on, the man has enough money for several hundred life times.

After review of the last 54 or so pages agree with the above to include some either assigned or voluntary drug counseling.

That should take care of it.

PING
G425 LST 10.5* Alta CB Slate 55X

G430 Max 3W/7W Alta CB 2.0 Tour 65S

G410 4H Alta CB Red 70S

Vault Anser 2 Slate

Callaway 

Apex Pro Combo ‘19 5-A Steelfiber i95S

MD4 Raw 54*, 60* Recoil 110S

Titleist

ProV1 (2021) Yellow / White

I think that did not explain something clearly enough or I misstated it-

Dissolving a Percocet and mixing with water(this was used in invitro experiment and what Dr. Wecht spoke to) will almost cut in half the time that it take for bioactuvity to occur and for it to hit your system, like 5-6 minutes compared to 8-12 taken orally as prescribed. This will obviously increase the effect of the dissolved pill over the orally transferred pill however this "high" will be shorter lived than the orally taken pill, with the "half life" greatly reduced. If I inferred that one got "twice the buzz," I am sorry, as that is incorrect.

It is also much more dangerous to your liver!!!

I'm not going back and rereading however apologies if it either wasn't clear or incorrectly stated-

Regards,

RP

No idea what his arrangement is with his kids, but might this impact it significantly? I know if I were divorced and my ex had even one incident of being on heavy meds and literally having no clue where they were to the point of driving and passing out at the wheel, I would have serious concerns.

I know people will come here and say "Don't worry, Tiger would never do this around his kids", but nobody has knowledge of that situation.