Next Apex Irons Release

Apex CF 16 were launched in October 2015. I'd expect a two-year cycle, since the Epic irons aren't really a competitor or a normal release. I'd hope maybe we'd see some similar features at a lower price point, though.

Β 

Anybody know about new MD wedges? Those are about to hit the 2 year mark, too, I think.

Β 

The MD3 will be replaced by a new wedge. Forge will continue.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Apex CF 16 were launched in October 2015. I'd expect a two-year cycle, since the Epic irons aren't really a competitor or a normal release. I'd hope maybe we'd see some similar features at a lower price point, though.

Β 

Anybody know about new MD wedges? Those are about to hit the 2 year mark, too, I think.

Β 

The MD3 will be replaced by a new wedge. Forge will continue.

Β 

Hopefully a forged PM grind in the new line;)

Hurry up and release them callaway! So I can get Apex Pro 16 on the cheap to play around with

Β 

Check the Callawaypreowned.com site.

Callaway Epic Speed 9Β° Driver
Callaway Epic Speed 4W - Smoke IM10

Callaway Apex UW (21Β°)

Mizuno Pro 225 (4i); 223 (5-9i); 221 (PW)
Jaws MD 5 50Β°, Full Toe 54Β°, 58Β° PM Grind
Toulon Odyssey Chicago
Β 

I know this has been discussed on this board before, but most information that I've read was from a few months ago. I did see in the Epic iron thread one poster mention that the next Apex irons will be released in the Fall. Does anyone have any more information on these or release timeframe? I believe the irons are on a two-year cycle so I would think they'd be released Q1 or Q2 of 2018 but I'm hoping in the next few months. Thanks in advance for all your input gentlemen.

Β 

i don't know if it's true or not but i know i read somewhere that it will be offered or 2finishes "Raw and Chrome" if this is true then i might have to take a look at them when that comes time. but those new MB just look so clean and simple. Callaway will sell a lot of MB if they offer it in two finishes. and the apex mb looks that good. i'm sure callaway will release some amazing irons this fall

I am a demo day tech rep for Callaway.....yeah....perks are good....hours and travel are terrible. This is what I have heard, and they are all rumors. They stopped making the Apex Pro and CF16, they were going to release the new irons in the fall. However, the EPIC irons came along. Since they released the EPIC irons and the Apex irons were still selling they pushed the release date for the new Apex irons to next year....again....all rumors. Just thought I would add to the conversation.

Apex will be September of 18!!

Β 

Source? I don't believe Callaway will wait 3 years between Apex releases. No way.

Β 

Last I inquired the apex sales were still going strong, why not wait it out.

Β 

18 will be the MB release in two finishes raw and chrome is what i’ve been hearing lately and they will look like what rory was gaming for a lil bit

Might explain why Callaway is showing a 3-4 week backorder on a new build for Apex CF16. I was surprised to see that on a club that has been out for 18 months already but their supply on clubheads may be more limited.

I ordered about a month ago and it is still back ordered until July 11th

Doubt ruins more dreams than failure
ever will - someone on the internet

Might explain why Callaway is showing a 3-4 week backorder on a new build for Apex CF16. I was surprised to see that on a club that has been out for 18 months already but their supply on clubheads may be more limited.

Β 

Cheer up. I ordered back in February and they still aren't here. Apparently they were backordered on Modus as well

Callaway Rogue SZ Fuji Pro Tour Spec 75
Callaway XR with Fubuki J
Titleist 712U - Steelfiber i110
Callaway Apex MB - Steelfiber i110
Callaway MD5Β 54, 58, 62 Modus 120
Odyssesy White Hot #8

Β 

Cheer up. I ordered back in February and they still aren't here. Apparently they were backordered on Modus as well

Β 

That's crazy! I placed an order back in March and was told it'd be June till the 4 iron was in stock, so my fitter nixed the 4 iron and I got 5-PW around mid May. What's the status of your delay?

@therealping

Β 

Β 

That's crazy! I placed an order back in March and was told it'd be June till the 4 iron was in stock, so my fitter nixed the 4 iron and I got 5-PW around mid May. What's the status of your delay?

Not sure what's causing his but I think it's the Recoils I ordered at a custom length that's causing mine.

Doubt ruins more dreams than failure
ever will - someone on the internet

Found some info about the Driving Iron and the MB's. Two versions showed up at the USGA Conforming List from the MB, the only difference that is noticable from the information there is that version 1 has no dot after the text Forged 18', version 2 has. The DI is just the UT, but with lower lofts... So if I'm correct, these clubs are allowed to be used (so as right now, only on tour, but probably also soon for everyone?). Didn't find anything about normal Apex/ Apex Pro CF18 clubs. If someone knows something more, or has some more info to share, I (we) would like to see that ;)

Callaway rep I know told me today that current Apex definitely will stand throiugh 2017. He also said next generation will not be available to the public for another year. Both current models get great reviews on the course, remain popular and strong sales performers in their respective classes. Can't really see why Callaway would rush.

Β 

I don't play them. But I have seen them in action. My LH playing partner has them and they gave his game a substantial boost. I did play the previous Apex Pro ('14) after a pro in Az took me out on the course and a few holes in put one in my hands with a PX 6.0, and I hit it great and broke 80 that day. Bought that build when I got home. Got scuffed up easy, but a great iron.

Β 

I am not crazy about chrome in general -- as an accent is fine -- so I like the look of the Apex CF16 more than the shinier pro.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

Lots of Callaway backorders right now as they seem to be experiencing shortages in club heads. If they aren't going to have new clubs launch this year and they keep taking money without enough inventory to fill orders in a timely manner, well then this will not go well for them. Apex irons are not cheap and they are not new. My guess is that production was rolled back at some point after the clubs hit 18 months on the market. Sales continued without adequate inventory.

Β 

If they take the money then they should be giving people an honest assessment of when clubs will be supplied. The website says 3-4 week backorder. Like the previous poster, I know of several people who waited 2 months or longer - and they were not happy when the clubs finally arrived. Not a good business model in a struggling industry.

Found some info about the Driving Iron and the MB's. Two versions showed up at the USGA Conforming List from the MB, the only difference that is noticable from the information there is that version 1 has no dot after the text Forged 18', version 2 has. The DI is just the UT, but with lower lofts... So if I'm correct, these clubs are allowed to be used (so as right now, only on tour, but probably also soon for everyone?). Didn't find anything about normal Apex/ Apex Pro CF18 clubs. If someone knows something more, or has some more info to share, I (we) would like to see that ;)

Β 

I believe the difference in the two Apex MB versions is the groove pattern. I know some sets have the tightly spaced grooves of the 2013 X Forged and some have standard.