Phil and Bones parting ways after 25 years! (MERGED)

tanksd13

The latest from Jamster Jr.....

http://www.golfchann...ndayNL_20170626

Have a great week Gals & Gents��

My Best��

RP

thanks. cute little girl.

Re: Phil and Bones

Talk about ambiguity. Something happened.

It's not ambiguity, it's not our business. He and Bones are friends, they aren't going to bad mouth each other when their families are still very close. They were always a class act and it's refreshing to see that they are keeping it classy as they go their own way.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the drop area, things got testy, with Phil sternly interrupting Bones with an “I know what I need to do -- I just need numbers right now.” Phil was clearly fuming. We know the 17th can become a circus and tiresome, but this was fantastic theater. That’s what we want out of this event, good TV and drama, and the mics picked up all the carnage on this difficult Friday

My Best��

RP

It's not ambiguity, it's not our business. He and Bones are friends, they aren't going to bad mouth each other when their families are still very close. They were always a class act and it's refreshing to see that they are keeping it classy as they go their own way.

I generally agree with your comments. However, this time I must disagree with your "classy" characterizations. This a good old fashioned Phil M. smoke show.

My thoughts have always been the same about Phil in regard to his comments to the press. Someone should advise him to say nothing. His initial statement to the press about the breakup was not exactly forthcoming, but it did suffice. Again, why does he bring it up again saying almost the same thing, and in a slightly different tone?

In terms of their friendship: if they can't work out something after knowing each other for 25 years, then we can only assume the catalyst for the breakup must have been fairly serious. If Bones clubbed him wrong or made a mistake - forgive and forget. If Phil thinks a caddie change at the twilight of his career is fundamental to him winning more, he has another think coming. And, if this caddie change is anything else but a means to winning more he is making yet another poor decision.

See Fergy, that's what I love about Phil. He will be the first one to come out and say he's made a lot of mistakes just like the rest of us. If this is a mistake, he'll say it was in the future. Some high profile athletes will never admit screwing up but Phil has no problem doing it.

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

My Best��

RP

I generally agree with your comments. However, this time I must disagree with your "classy" characterizations. This a good old fashioned Phil M. smoke show.

My thoughts have always been the same about Phil in regard to his comments to the press. Someone should advise him to say nothing. His initial statement to the press about the breakup was not exactly forthcoming, but it did suffice. Again, why does he bring it up again saying almost the same thing, and in a slightly different tone?

In terms of their friendship: if they can't work out something after knowing each other for 25 years, then we can only assume the catalyst for the breakup must have been fairly serious. If Bones clubbed him wrong or made a mistake - forgive and forget. If Phil thinks a caddie change at the twilight of his career is fundamental to him winning more, he has another think coming. And, if this caddie change is anything else but a means to winning more he is making yet another poor decision.

Phil is smart enough to know that the media was going to ask questions until they got some dirt and his interview made it clear he wasn't going to discuss any of it. Some people in his circumstances would hide from the media until the story died down, while others like Haney would dish out the dirt.

Phil, imo, handled it the best way it could be handled by making himself accessible and demonstrating over and over if you ask the question he's going to talk about how great the last 25 years were with him and Bones.

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

I saw him on Golf Channel and Mike & Mike and he gave the same well crafted answer. "Rather than discuss the decision to mutually agree to go our separate ways I would rather focus on the 25 wonderful years we had together." Say what you want, Phil knows how to stay on message and has a future in politics.

Wonderful years - give me a break, please.

I can't watch Phil do interviews. He's too much like a muppet. Phil's platform is built atop tax dodging, shifty investments and poor decisions. After 25 years, he's tossing Bones to the side like a granola bar wrapper you often see on the ground next to the trash receptacle.

I saw him on Golf Channel and Mike & Mike and he gave the same well crafted answer. "Rather than discuss the decision to mutually agree to go our separate ways I would rather focus on the 25 wonderful years we had together." Say what you want, Phil knows how to stay on message and has a future in politics.

I can't watch Phil do interviews. He's too much like a muppet. Phil's platform is built atop tax dodging, shifty investments and poor decisions. After 25 years, he's tossing Bones to the side like a granola bar wrapper you often see on the ground next to the trash receptacle.

Where do you get your information from? I have yet to see anything that would indicate Phil tossed Bones, I get the sense it was a mutual decision to split professionally to protect their personal relationship.

As for tax dodging and shifty investments, c'mon, you really think Phil does his own taxes, I have an accountant do mine and i'm not worth anything close to Phil? Phil was given a stock tip by Billy Walters who allegedly had insider information. Once Phil was informed by the SEC it was insider information, he cooperated immediately and paid the fine. You really think Phil would risk going to jail for $1M (his profits on the trader were actually less than that)? You never had someone come up to you and suggest you purchase a stock?

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Where do you get your information from? I have yet to see anything that would indicate Phil tossed Bones, I get the sense it was a mutual decision to split professionally to protect their personal relationship.

As for tax dodging and shifty investments, c'mon, you really think Phil does his own taxes, I have an accountant do mine and i'm not worth anything close to Phil? Phil was given a stock tip by Billy Walters who allegedly had insider information. Once Phil was informed by the SEC it was insider information, he cooperated immediately and paid the fine. You really think Phil would risk going to jail for $1M (his profits on the trader were actually less than that)? You never had someone come up to you and suggest you purchase a stock?

The guy lives in California. Tax evaders don't live in California.

The guy lives in California. Tax evaders don't live in California.

That's true plus I'm sure his accountant told him given his wealth he's a target of the IRS and SEC.

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Hell of a tip from "someone" ; )

https://www.washingt...m=.dc25d4c687f1

Billy Walters, Phil Mickelson’s gambling associate, found guilty of insider trading

Mickelson never testified during the trial (neither did Walters), but prosecutors said the five-time major winner bought almost $2 million worth of Dean Foods stock after receiving a tip from Walters. Mickelson turned that investment into a nearly $1 million profit, which he paid to Walters to cover a gambling debt.

A really well paid granola wrapper, Bones wont be living next to a trash receptacle that's for sure. Maybe Bones was the one to quit, every think of that possibility? In the end as a caddie Bones was Phil's employee, and we don't really know what was going on behind the scenes, at this point we don't even know one side of the story let along both sides. So everything you said is really nothing more than speculation and a hateful narrative with an agenda. This is how fake news gets started.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

Billy Walters, Phil Mickelson’s gambling associate, found guilty of insider trading

Mickelson never testified during the trial (neither did Walters), but prosecutors said the five-time major winner bought almost $2 million worth of Dean Foods stock after receiving a tip from Walters. Mickelson turned that investment into a nearly $1 million profit, which he paid to Walters to cover a gambling debt.

It was a significant investment and profitable trade but that doesn't mean there was any wrong doing on Phil's part.

Investments are all relative to net worth and risk profiles. Phil is admittedly a gambler so I'm not shocked he'd bet big on the markets too. The trade is only questionable if that one trade was completely out of line with other trades he's made in the past. Trade size equates to conviction, so if this trade is much larger than others he's done in the past then you can question the reasons.

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

It was a significant investment and profitable trade but that doesn't mean there was any wrong doing on Phil's part.

Investments are all relative to net worth and risk profiles. Phil is admittedly a gambler so I'm not shocked he'd bet big on the markets too. The trade is only questionable if that one trade was completely out of line with other trades he's made in the past. Trade size equates to conviction, so if this trade is much larger than others he's done in the past then you can question the reasons.

I think people can decide for themselves what the deal is ; )

Anyone who associates with the likes of Billy Walters should never be surprised to have their activities questioned. And if you do associate with him and do not suffer consequences as a result, you should also consider yourself very, very fortunate.

Fact is that no charges were brought. That's enough in my eyes. Most prosecutors would love to build their name off of a celebrity conviction. No doubt he got closer to the fire than he wanted to. But he didn't start the fire. Nor know who did.

As for tax evader. That's the dumbest thing ever. He lives in the state of California. If he wanted to pay less tax. He would just move.

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

GD today.....

http://www.golfdiges...-trading-escape

Phil's Insider-Trading Escape

How a legal opening let Phil Mickelson wiggle out of an insider-trading case that snared Billy Walters.

It began in July 2012, according to the Securities and Exchange Commission, when Walters called Mickelson, who had placed bets with Walters and owed him money at the time. (Phone records showed frequent calls and texts between Mickelson and Walters during this period.) Mickelson had never before invested in Dean Foods stock, but Walters urged Mickelson to start trading in it. Mickelson bought Dean Foods the next trading day in three brokerage accounts he controlled. About a week later, Dean Foods' stock price jumped 40 percent following public announcements about the WhiteWave spinoff. Mickelson then sold his shares for more than $931,000 in profits. At the same time, he repaid his gambling debt to Walters in September 2012, apparently in part with the trading proceeds. (Mickelson and his attorneys in the matter declined to comment.)

GD today.....

How a legal opening let Phil Mickelson wiggle out of an insider-trading case that snared Billy Walters.

It began in July 2012, according to the Securities and Exchange Commission, when Walters called Mickelson, who had placed bets with Walters and owed him money at the time. (Phone records showed frequent calls and texts between Mickelson and Walters during this period.) Mickelson had never before invested in Dean Foods stock, but Walters urged Mickelson to start trading in it. Mickelson bought Dean Foods the next trading day in three brokerage accounts he controlled. About a week later, Dean Foods' stock price jumped 40 percent following public announcements about the WhiteWave spinoff. Mickelson then sold his shares for more than $931,000 in profits. At the same time, he repaid his gambling debt to Walters in September 2012, apparently in part with the trading proceeds. (Mickelson and his attorneys in the matter declined to comment.)

Thanks for providing the link, there is some additional information that some here may be too lazy to read and decide Phil is guilty of insider trading when in fact he's not.

Insider trading is an anomaly among federal crimes. Congress never passed a specific law outlawing the practice, so prosecutors have improvised, generally bringing insider-trading cases under statutes that were originally designed to forbid ordinary business frauds.

According to the Second Circuit decision in the Newman case, a tippee (like Mickelson) could only be found guilty of insider trading if he knew that the tipper (Davis) benefited in some way from giving the information to Walters. Because there was no evidence of what Mickelson knew about Davis' motivations, Mickelson could not be charged, under the law of the Newman case. "There is no question that the Newman case hurt the chances of a case being brought against Mickelson," said a government investigator involved in the Walters prosecution.

The government had no proof that Mickelson intended to violate the laws against insider trading. But the SEC named Mickelson as a "relief defendant" in a civil case, meaning that the agency believed that he profited from insider trading in Dean Foods, even if he didn't engage in it himself. Mickelson settled this civil case by agreeing to surrender his trading profits of $931,738 plus interest of $105,291. In doing so, Mickelson neither admitted nor denied the allegations in the SEC's complaint.

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Care to restate your thesis?

; )

https://www.forbes.c...l/#253f69444b8d

On a Friday in July 2012, Billy Walters, who is known as America’s most successful sports bettor, called Phil Mickelson, the famous golf champion. Mickelson, who was friends with Walters, had been placing bets with him and owed Walters money. Walters appeared to have a way for Mickelson to pay him back. He urged Mickelson to buy the stock of a company called Dean Foods.

Mickelson took Walters’ advice—the two spoke and exchanged text messages—and the following Monday Mickelson started purchasing $2.4 million of Dean Foods' shares, partially by using a margin loan. For Mickelson, the trades were unusual. He had never traded the stock of Dean Foods before and the position was much larger than all his other combined stock holdings, which didn’t even add up to $250,000.

On a Friday in July 2012, Billy Walters, who is known as America’s most successful sports bettor, called Phil Mickelson, the famous golf champion. Mickelson, who was friends with Walters, had been placing bets with him and owed Walters money. Walters appeared to have a way for Mickelson to pay him back. He urged Mickelson to buy the stock of a company called Dean Foods.

Mickelson took Walters’ advice—the two spoke and exchanged text messages—and the following Monday Mickelson started purchasing $2.4 million of Dean Foods' shares, partially by using a margin loan. For Mickelson, the trades were unusual. He had never traded the stock of Dean Foods before and the position was much larger than all his other combined stock holdings, which didn’t even add up to $250,000.

On many occasions I have repaid sports bets by buying 12oz.'stocks' in beer companies. Bets don't always have to be paid in cash.

GD today.....

this^^^^ plus this - Quote

Insider trading is an anomaly among federal crimes. Congress never passed a specific law outlawing the practice, so prosecutors have improvised, generally bringing insider-trading cases under statutes that were originally designed to forbid ordinary business frauds.

equals no "Law" broken..

but it does equal a $931,000 windfall to the government to use ( read -waste) as they see fit..... so at leats theres that ... lol

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

The dollar value of the illegal transaction has nothing to do with the matter. The result of the legal case has nothing to do with the matter. The press coverage has nothing to do with this matter. His happy-go-lucky face on TV commercials has nothing to do with the matter.

Phil’s choice to interact with known thugs having a documented history of criminal behavior points directly to the standards he maintains as a human being in everyday life. No one forced Phil to bet or talk to these dirt bags. He acted on his own. By allowing these people into his life he put his career and family’s safety in jeopardy.

Decent and upstanding citizens do NOT act like this.

Also, it's getting more clear to me why Phil cut ties in the 25th year. Phil maintains the right to terminate the contract at will and without warning. It wouldn’t surprise me if Phil (after seeking the advice of one or more of his good-time buddies) terminated the contract with Bones to avoid paying a retirement lump sum that was tied to some “small print” prearranged term of service clause that was approaching.

Jesus Fergie, don't fall off your chair grasping for straws.

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

The dollar value of the illegal transaction has nothing to do with the matter. The result of the legal case has nothing to do with the matter. The press coverage has nothing to do with this matter. His happy-go-lucky face on TV commercials has nothing to do with the matter.

Phil’s choice to interact with known thugs having a documented history of criminal behavior points directly to the standards he maintains as a human being in everyday life. No one forced Phil to bet or talk to these dirt bags. He acted on his own. By allowing these people into his life he put his career and family’s safety in jeopardy.

Decent and upstanding citizens do NOT act like this.

Also, it's getting more clear to me why Phil cut ties in the 25th year. Phil maintains the right to terminate the contract at will and without warning. It wouldn’t surprise me if Phil (after seeking the advice of one or more of his good-time buddies) terminated the contract with Bones to avoid paying a retirement lump sum that was tied to some “small print” prearranged term of service clause that was approaching.

yea... right

so you are saying that the crime boss Phil has now cut off his 1st Lt. , who knows where all the bodies are burrried, because of a possible retirment payout? Come on!? You know as well as i do that you cant leave the family, not alive!...

rediculous you say ? yep.. but not as much as your post.... on a serious note... no way hes Screwing Bones out of anything.. the guy could write a book that would make Stevie blush im sure.... you dont stab the guy who can tell all in the back... that alone convnces me this was mutual or all Bones idea... most likely mutual

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Fact is that no charges were brought. That's enough in my eyes. Most prosecutors would love to build their name off of a celebrity conviction. No doubt he got closer to the fire than he wanted to. But he didn't start the fire. Nor know who did.

As for tax evader. That's the dumbest thing ever. He lives in the state of California. If he wanted to pay less tax. He would just move.

Also wishes it to be known that he didn't start the fire: