2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Phil and Bones parting ways after 25 years! (MERGED)

tanksd13

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Bones had double knee replacement and yet came back so quickly, I had suspicions that he must be on heavy meds.

I have friends who've had one knee done and aren't right a year later.

Just a question - could Phil have made Bones stop for his health?

Texsport

i suspect the Knees have something to do with it... There is a reason.. and it aint club selection on 17 at the Players....

Did I read that correctly? "Phil made Bones stop."

That's is simply unfathomable to think Phil “made him stop” then stated “Bones is great caddie and will probably go work for someone else.”

That’s a steep climb, guys.

We all know from news reports the knees have been going bad for a while. Did Phil step in and hire the best doctors to care for his friend, years ago, when something could have been done? No. Phil milked every bit of work from Bones. Then, when the contract renewal came up in 2017, Phil and “his advisors” made the decision to oust Bones in favor of the brother.

Now, it doesn’t matter if someone posted they knew Phil and Bones in 90'S or hit balls next to him on the range. We were all different people back then. Phil was far less secular in 1998. The gambling and evil doing ramped up in the 2000’s. This is 2017 - let’s talk present day.

They blackballed Bones.

That's is simply unfathomable to think Phil “made him stop” then stated “Bones is great caddie and will probably go work for someone else.”

We all know from news reports the knees have been going bad for a while. Did Phil step in and hire the best doctors to care for his friend, years ago, when something could have been done? No. Phil milked every bit of work from Bones. Then, when the contract renewal came up in 2017, Phil and “his advisors” made the decision to oust Bones in favor of the brother.

Now, it doesn’t matter if someone posted they knew Phil and Bones in 90'S or hit balls next to him on the range. We were all different people back then. Phil was far less secular in 1998. The gambling and evil doing ramped up in the 2000’s. This is 2017 - let’s talk present day.

They blackballed Bones.

How do you know that Phil didn't offer and Bones declined? Oh that's right, you know everything about two guys you've never met.

Past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior.

Speculation Diarrhea continues......

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

Call me jaded but I dont believe 99% of what people write on the internet.

As always pics or it didnt happen.

Pics with what? Smart phones were just a figment of imagination!

LOL there were these things called cameras before phones had cameras. Way back, probably before you were born, some even used this stuff called film. You actually had to put this little cylinder thing in your camera and then ":load it". You could only take a few pictures before having to put another one in. Then when you finished taking pictures you took the little cylinders to a place when they "developed" the stuff in the cylinder. A few days later you had to go back and get your pictures which came on a substance similar to paper. You could then look at your pictures whenever you wanted to.

Phones also had dials on them. That is why it called dialing a phone number.

Boy do I feel old.

Wait still you start thinking about why we still say "hang up the phone"...

They blackballed Bones.

LOL....this guy!

aed.jpg

Phil Mickelson, a premier golfer and the #2 money earner of all time at $83 million, gave ONE caddy a job for 25 years, when it's totally unheard of in the sport to have a golfer/caddy relationship for that long, and Phil is now a scumbag?

Did I get that right?

The s*** you read on the internet.

Unheard of?

How about Edwards and Watson for almost 30 years in aggregate? Tom was gracious to the Edwards family when Bruce fell ill.

Let's make this clear, I never "tagged" Phil a scumbag. I simply mentioned his "well documented" history of criminal behavior that completely smashed any credibility he had left with me, and many golf fans out there that understand how a true professional should behave.

How can we trust what he says in the press?

We can't.

Phil Mickelson, a premier golfer and the #2 money earner of all time at $83 million, gave ONE caddy a job for 25 years, when it's totally unheard of in the sport to have a golfer/caddy relationship for that long, and Phil is now a scumbag?

Did I get that right?

Unheard of?

How about Edwards and Watson for almost 30 years in aggregate? Tom was gracious to the Edwards family when Bruce fell ill.

Let's make this clear, I never "tagged" Phil a scumbag. I simply mentioned his "well documented" history of criminal behavior that completely smashed any credibility he had left with me, and many golf fans out there that understand how a true professional should behave.

We can't.

History of criminal behavior he's never been found guilty of, where the laws were posted and details were described that demonstrated it could not be proven Phil broke any laws.

I believe almost all pro golfers gamble, do you condemn Michael Jordan and anyone else that gambles on the golf course as you do Phil?

It's always possible Bones could one day come out and put Phil on blast but at this point it appears he, Phil and their families are still close friends and I don't think that would be the case if Phil abused and took advantage of Bones to the level you suggest

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Did I get that right?

Unheard of?

We can't.

History of criminal behavior he's never been found guilty of, where the laws were posted and details were described that demonstrated it could not be proven Phil broke any laws.

I believe almost all pro golfers gamble, do you condemn Michael Jordan and anyone else that gambles on the golf course as you do Phil?

It's always possible Bones could one day come out and put Phil on blast but at this point it appears he, Phil and their families are still close friends and I don't think that would be the case if Phil abused and took advantage of Bones to the level you suggest

He dodged the criminal justice system and United States of America tax system with fancy lawyering and big money payouts.

• He was mentioned in a case tied to money laundering. What professional hangs out with thugs?

You believe almost all golfers gamble. Okay, that is a fair assumption.

• How many of these gambling golfers were in the press for similar acts as demonstrated by Phil? None.

We do not have proof the “families” are close.

no suprise at all.. surely about the knees and the paycheck going forward... and IM certain he had been courted for the job as he was great at it the couple times he had done it before

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

His knees were certainly a concern. I've heard the the surgery is pretty painful and not easy to rehab from so I doubt he'd want to risk an injury that sets him back by carrying Phil's bag. I see this as a good fit and will enjoy his insight given he'd been working with Phil until a few weeks ago.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

no suprise at all.. surely about the knees and the paycheck going forward... and IM certain he had been courted for the job as he was great at it the couple times he had done it before

Yep.. I heard from a reliable source that when Phil was telling Bones he was dumping him, that Bones said he was going to work for another golfer and Phil kicked him in the knees again for good measure. Word around the country club is that Phil was smashing Bones' knees with 64* degree wedges during practice rounds for years. Phil, Al Czervik, and Jack Hartounian would then bet on how long Bones would lay on the ground before the bleeding would stop.

nah.. you could see it on Phils face.. he wasnt worried... I knew it wasnt bad blood.. if it was he would have been scared shitless... Bones knows where the bodies are burried for sure....

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

so the reason just announced.. Bones is now an on course reporter for golf channel

Not really surprising to me and only bolsters my opinion that some of the decsion was about the knees. I'm sure it wasn't a surprise for you either.

http://www.pga.com/n...bc/golf-channel

I'm still not buying that. It's clear that the offer came in after the announcement they had split.

I'm still thinking that it would have been better for all to blame his knees if that was the real reason.

But really looking forward to Bones bringing more on course perspective and love to see him sent out to follow Phil's game .....

so the reason just announced.. Bones is now an on course reporter for golf channel

Not really surprising to me and only bolsters my opinion that some of the decsion was about the knees. I'm sure it wasn't a surprise for you either.

http://www.pga.com/n...bc/golf-channel

I'm still not buying that. It's clear that the offer came in after the announcement they had split.

I'm still thinking that it would have been better for all to blame his knees if that was the real reason.

But really looking forward to Bones bringing more on course perspective and love to see him sent out to follow Phil's game .....

I think that it was just Phil ( and Jim) playing the networks for a better offer for him.. Think about it .. both have talked nothing but "whichever player lands him will be lucky" and " hes the best on the bag in the game"....all a smoke screen to get the networks to get off the old wallet and make the offer before someone else signed him.... genius if you ask me!

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Again, look at the marketing machine doing the flip. Last year Phil paid millions to remove himself from a criminal circumstance. This year, Phil is a statesman for buying a house at The Greenbrier, a wonderful father for going to his daughter's graduation and golf's new hero letting Bones go to do something not so strenuous. Meanwhile, his brother Tim (up to eyeballs in debt after the shirtless and drunken golf cart incident) is now on the bag.

'great read!

Again, look at the marketing machine doing the flip. Last year Phil paid millions to remove himself from a criminal circumstance. This year, Phil is a statesman for buying a house at The Greenbrier, a wonderful father for going to his daughter's graduation and golf's new hero letting Bones go to do something not so strenuous. Meanwhile, his brother Tim (up to eyeballs in debt after the shirtless and drunken golf cart incident) is now on the bag.

seems pretty genius to me....

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

so it makes more sense to make the correct moves and look like a statesman , or to make all the wrong ones and look like and addict who is out of control? ( no im not harping on tiger .. i would love to see him win again...but hes made some bad choices).....

mos of what you are saying is incorrect ... the correct parts are that he has made the right choice with missing the open , covering for or helping Bones to land a great job that he can transition to retirement on....all things point to Phil being a great dad and friend and employer...

as for the incorrect things... no he didnt pay millions to remove himself.. he simply forfeited the gains.. that isnt same as paying... sure he had legal bills.. But a guy with that much money has a couple attorneys "teed up" all the time for various reasons... so its more like using the fees youre paying anyway...

look.. when youre wrong.. be big enough to say so.. or either stop shouting that everyone else is...I dont think you are a bad dude.. But i do think you are dead wrong on this subject..

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

so it makes more sense to make the correct moves and look like a statesman , or to make all the wrong ones and look like and addict who is out of control? ( no im not harping on tiger .. i would love to see him win again...but hes made some bad choices).....

mos of what you are saying is incorrect ... the correct parts are that he has made the right choice with missing the open , covering for or helping Bones to land a great job that he can transition to retirement on....all things point to Phil being a great dad and friend and employer...

as for the incorrect things... no he didnt pay millions to remove himself.. he simply forfeited the gains.. that isnt same as paying... sure he had legal bills.. But a guy with that much money has a couple attorneys "teed up" all the time for various reasons... so its more like using the fees youre paying anyway...

look.. when youre wrong.. be big enough to say so.. or either stop shouting that everyone else is...I dont think you are a bad dude.. But i do think you are dead wrong on this subject..

I am not trying to be right or wrong - just trying to figure out why Phil said, "we are going our separate ways and it's time for a split", and not, "Bones has decided to take a job as a commentator."

I didn't like him as a caddy and I suppose I won't like him as an on-course commentator. I want to know what a player would do when a player provides commentary. Not what club he would hand Phil in a given circumstance. Let's get rid of Dottie and Notah, as well well. Oh, and Ian Baker-Finch also. Thanks