2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Phil and Bones parting ways after 25 years! (MERGED)

tanksd13

I didn't like him as a caddy and I suppose I won't like him as an on-course commentator. I want to know what a player would do when a player provides commentary. Not what club he would hand Phil in a given circumstance. Let's get rid of Dottie and Notah, as well well. Oh, and Ian Baker-Finch also. Thanks

How can someone not like Bones as a caddy? Also, Ian Baker Finch, get rid of him? What? One of the best on tv.

LOL IMHO, IBF is one of, if not the worst golf announcers on the planet. He's the master of the obvious while constantly repeating himself.

Now that Chris Berman is gone, IBF would top my list of announcers I abhor and that's saying something given my disdain for Dottie Pepper.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't like him as a caddy and I suppose I won't like him as an on-course commentator. I want to know what a player would do when a player provides commentary. Not what club he would hand Phil in a given circumstance. Let's get rid of Dottie and Notah, as well well. Oh, and Ian Baker-Finch also. Thanks

Just curious...what did Bones charge you for the loop?

PXG 0811X Proto 9*
Ping G30 14.5*

Ping G20 Hybrid 17*
PXG 0317X Gen 2 22*
Ping K15 4 Hybrid

Ping Rapture J-Spec 5 Iron

Ping i5 6 Iron

Ping S59 7-PW
Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*, 58*
Ping Zing 2 BeCu

Again, look at the marketing machine doing the flip. Last year Phil paid millions to remove himself from a criminal circumstance. This year, Phil is a statesman for buying a house at The Greenbrier, a wonderful father for going to his daughter's graduation and golf's new hero letting Bones go to do something not so strenuous. Meanwhile, his brother Tim (up to eyeballs in debt after the shirtless and drunken golf cart incident) is now on the bag.

Trying to figure out how Tim is in debt due to the incident?

Not a defendant, no claim against him, is there more to this?

The case has not been settled. Apparently David Harbour, the driver of the golf cart, was being fed drinks by Tim Mickelson.

Apparently ? The female caddie has a real weak case from everything I've read. But I suppose Mickelson should be guilty of having his shirt off. Was Tim holding this dude down and pouring drinks down him?

But nevertheless, she has a case. She has a case because Tim is linked to Phil.

Phil, of course, as we know, has deep pockets and is linked to crooks. I applaud her for seeking a financial settlement for having to deal with Tim and his good time buddy, David Harbour.

Harbour, by the way, was hooked to a legal case a number of years ago involving a D&D, what a surprise.....

I hope that caddie takes Tim and David for all they got. I'm sure "Phil in the blanks" will write a check and make it all better.

How was Tim responsible? Was he holding a gun to his head forcing him to drink and drive like a idiot?

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

Apparently ? The female caddie has a real weak case from everything I've read. But I suppose Mickelson should be guilty of having his shirt off. Was Tim holding this dude down and pouring drinks down him?

Phil, of course, as we know, has deep pockets and is linked to crooks. I applaud her for seeking a financial settlement for having to deal with Tim and his good time buddy, David Harbour.

Harbour, by the way, was hooked to a legal case a number of years ago involving a D&D, what a surprise.....

I hope that caddie takes Tim and David for all they got. I'm sure "Phil in the blanks" will write a check and make it all better.

Looks to me that the suit isn't including Tim as someone who is being sought damages from.

The 39-year-old woman is claiming the club, its owner, Discovery Land Co., and cart driver David Harbour were negligent and she is seeking punitive damages, the Press reported.

https://clubandresor...-cart-accident/

Again, look at the marketing machine doing the flip. Last year Phil paid millions to remove himself from a criminal circumstance. This year, Phil is a statesman for buying a house at The Greenbrier, a wonderful father for going to his daughter's graduation and golf's new hero letting Bones go to do something not so strenuous. Meanwhile, his brother Tim (up to eyeballs in debt after the shirtless and drunken golf cart incident) is now on the bag.

The case has not been settled. Apparently David Harbour, the driver of the golf cart, was being fed drinks by Tim Mickelson.

Ferg, when the dust settles on this thread maybe we could start a thread about things you find positive. You've faced some staunch opposition on this topic and it appears the internet battle rages on.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

If you want something positive out of fergie it's going to have to be about something besides a criminal named Phil Mickelson. I always thought you had to be arrested to be considered a felon. And there used to be something called innocent until proven guilty.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

If you want something positive out of fergie it's going to have to be about something besides a criminal named Phil Mickelson. I always thought you had to be arrested to be considered a felon. And there used to be something called innocent until proven guilty.

The is an old saying called follow the money. It references corruption. Let’s present the circumstances and events as they unfolded.

Bones has bad knees, reportedly. Rather than funding a knee operation to help his “tagged” friend, Phil pays out millions to cover profits from an insider trading case. Phil and Bones had an argument at the Players.

Even with the bad knees and Phil’s statement that he wasn’t going to play, Phil sends Bones to scout the US OPEN instead of inviting Bones and his “close” family members to Phil’s daughter’s graduation.

Phil announces they are splitting as player / caddie and mentions nothing about Bones interest or pursuance of a career in commentating.

Just so we understand it: Bones's knee problems are bad enough to break up a 25 relationship and disband from a job that involves walking golf courses.

A course commentator carries a 15-18 pound mic pack and walks golf courses, and during a 4-day event it can be said the commentator walks a longer aggregate distance than a caddie carrying a bag for a tour pro. So, the knees are bad, but clearly not bad enough to prevent him from being a commentator, a job that involves walking golf courses.

Yet another article that started……………… Phil Mickelson has had a difficult year while battling legal issues and inconsistent play……………….

http://www.sportingn...391oiwc9bwv96xk

Unlike Bob Rosburg, I will never expect Bones to utter the phrase "He's got no shot."

More like "Phil could pull this off but this guys a chicken$h!t"

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

The is an old saying called follow the money. It references corruption. Let’s present the circumstances and events as they unfolded.

Bones has bad knees, reportedly. Rather than funding a knee operation to help his “tagged” friend, Phil pays out millions to cover profits from an insider trading case. Phil and Bones had an argument at the Players.

Even with the bad knees and Phil’s statement that he wasn’t going to play, Phil sends Bones to scout the US OPEN instead of inviting Bones and his “close” family members to Phil’s daughter’s graduation.

Phil announces they are splitting as player / caddie and mentions nothing about Bones interest or pursuance of a career in commentating.

Just so we understand it: Bones's knee problems are bad enough to break up a 25 relationship and disband from a job that involves walking golf courses.

A course commentator carries a 15-18 pound mic pack and walks golf courses, and during a 4-day event it can be said the commentator walks a longer aggregate distance than a caddie carrying a bag for a tour pro. So, the knees are bad, but clearly not bad enough to prevent him from being a commentator, a job that involves walking golf courses.

Yet another article that started……………… Phil Mickelson has had a difficult year while battling legal issues and inconsistent play……………….

This thread is so long now -- what argument are you trying to make, Ferg? Is the gist of it that Phil is a scumbag or is there more to it?

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Just to clarify, Phil paid back the profits he made on the trade that was involved in the insider trading case, which was a a very small portion of his net worth and certainly did not influence his ability or Bones to get knee surgery. There's also this thing called health insurance which I'm pretty sure Bones had for himself and his family so I doubt he was waiting for Phil to pay for anything.

Some guys hold off on surgery because it's best for them. I need to have meniscus surgery on both my knees. I've dealt with the pain and discomfort of having completely torn menisci in both knees to avoid being laid up for 6 weeks.

But cool story...

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Are we all to be held responsible for our brothers' actions or just the Mickelsons?

PXG 0811X Proto 9*
Ping G30 14.5*

Ping G20 Hybrid 17*
PXG 0317X Gen 2 22*
Ping K15 4 Hybrid

Ping Rapture J-Spec 5 Iron

Ping i5 6 Iron

Ping S59 7-PW
Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*, 58*
Ping Zing 2 BeCu

That really doesn't matter. He isn't a defendant and she has made no claim against him, so there is nothing to settle or negotiate. Not understanding this one.

The timing of his surgery had nothing to do with Phil paying for any part of it. The surgeon was Phil's guest at The Masters and was treated royally, by the way, as a thank you.

Serious question: is Ferg the resident troll or just via this thread specifically?

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

I am a big fan of Fergie's profile picture, I'd be upset if that wasn't him

No his real pic is three posts above.

Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

First of all, bones HAD bad knees. he still HAS bad knees. not reportedly -- it's a fact. he sent bones b/c due to the weather that week, there was still a possibility he COULD play...it's not phils place to discuss Bones' plans after being his caddie -- that's bones' decision. for all we know, he asked to keep it quiet b/c they might not have inked his deal with Golf Channel yet (ever think of that mr. conspiracy theory?)

a 15-18 pound mic pack is not a 50+ pound bag of clubs -- not to mention but, phil hits the ball all over the map so if you think bones' isn't walking more than most caddies ya just might need to rethink that.

and look, yet another post in a thread regarding phil (whom you clearly have issues with, maybe he kicked your dog at some point) -- hop in your boat, paddle out where the lighthouse can't see you and stay there.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

That really doesn't matter. He isn't a defendant and she has made no claim against him, so there is nothing to settle or negotiate. Not understanding this one.

Fergies statements are nothing more than confirmation bias. It's a real psychological phenomenon we all have to some degree, it's just for whatever reason he has a huge bias against Phil. All logic and reasoning are thrown out the window to make his case. My only hope is that he isn't involved in the legal justice profession in any way.

Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

All I want is some transparency, not this misdirection making Phil and his brother out to upper crust people.

There too many questions surfacing out there.

Here is what happens when an average person lawfully buys a stock position in a publically traded company and the stock price goes up; and subsequently that average person decides to sell their position. It’s pretty simple: They profit the difference from buy to sell, less the applicable taxes and commissions and/or any cost to make the trades.

So it begs the questions:

If Phil’s stock trade was lawful, why would he have to pay back the profits?

Are we saying that Bones will be a good commentator as a result of being a good caddie, or that his knees are good enough to keep walking?

Are we saying that Tim Mickelson is above the law?

All I want is some transparency, not this misdirection making Phil and his brother out to upper crust people.

There too many questions surfacing out there.

Here is what happens when an average person lawfully buys a stock position in a publically traded company and the stock price goes up; and subsequently that average person decides to sell their position. It’s pretty simple: They profit the difference from buy to sell, less the applicable taxes and commissions and/or any cost to make the trades.

So it begs the questions:

(1) If Phil’s stock trade was lawful, why would he have to pay back the profits?

(2a) Are we saying that Bones will be a good commentator as a result of being a good caddie, (2b) or that his knees are good enough to keep walking?

(3) Are we saying that Tim Mickelson is above the law?

i'll do this for you since you can't - i added numbers so we can answer your retarded questions. let me preface this with saying - no one owes you transparency.

(1) "According to the Second Circuit decision in the Newman case, a tippee (like Mickelson) could only be found guilty of insider trading if he knew that the tipper (Davis) benefited in some way from giving the information to Walters. Because there was no evidence of what Mickelson knew about Davis’ motivations, Mickelson could not be charged, under the law of the Newman case." ; Mickelson was FORCED to pay it back by the SEC. (DO SOME RESEARCH BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS)

(2a) You're asking two separate answers for one question here; so, i broke it down yet again. You're asking for opinions on Bones as a commentator -- my opinion is i'm not sure what kind of commentator he'll be, regardless of being a caddie or not since quite frankly i haven't seen him on live television giving narration.

(2b) If his knees are good enough to keep walking, yes, he'll go on being a commentator. if they're not, i'm assuming he'll stop.

(3) the only one saying either Phil or Tim is above the law, or at least implying it, seems to be you -- since that's all you've repeated for the last 18+ pages. enough already, go find another hole to stay in. we get it, you don't like the Mickelsons, the way Phil treated Bones, insider trading, felons, sunlight, or people crossing your bridge.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Here we go. Defending Phil? I can tell by your syntax you're smarter than this.

What bugs me the most is the line of people that stand up in his defense. Phil has used the media for years as his crusade to sculpt an image of wholesomeness. We have heard from Phil that he wants to be an “Arnold Palmer” type of figure. We hear from the media he’s a great husband, great father, great brother, great boss and statesman of the game. What makes him more great than any other player? One thing - donations!

Here is my take - Phil will NEVER be an Arnold Palmer? Look at the company he keeps. For pete’s sake look at what is buried in every article you read about Phil – a reference to his dubious legal issues that never seem to get resolved. I am not fooled by the Phil Mickelson machine that has one purpose – to churn more cash. I think a guy like Phil that hides behind a facade of “playing dumb” is downright disrespectful to the game.

Whether Bones was fired or not, I think Bones got out at the right time, that is before getting mixed up in Phil’s “underworld.”

What bugs me the most is the line of people that stand up in his defense. Phil has used the media for years as his crusade to sculpt an image of wholesomeness. We have heard from Phil that he wants to be an “Arnold Palmer” type of figure. We hear from the media he’s a great husband, great father, great brother, great boss and statesman of the game. What makes him more great than any other player? One thing - donations!

Here is my take - Phil will NEVER be an Arnold Palmer? Look at the company he keeps. For pete’s sake look at what is buried in every article you read about Phil – a reference to his dubious legal issues that never seem to get resolved. I am not fooled by the Phil Mickelson machine that has one purpose – to churn more cash. I think a guy like Phil that hides behind a facade of “playing dumb” is downright disrespectful to the game.

Whether Bones was fired or not, I think Bones got out at the right time, that is before getting mixed up in Phil’s “underworld.”

The laws and precedents that were in place at the time Phil placed the trade made it impossible for Phil to be prosecuted for insider trading. He chose to cooperate with the SEC and AG and to return any proceeds he made on the trade in exchange for immunity from future prosecution.

His actions are reasonable for any person in a similar situation being represented by legal counsel. He wasn't charged with any crimes and he didn't profit from the trade.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

The laws and precedents that were in place at the time Phil placed the trade made it impossible for Phil to be prosecuted for insider trading. He chose to cooperate with the SEC and AG and to return any proceeds he made on the trade in exchange for immunity from future prosecution.

His actions are reasonable for any person in a similar situation being represented by legal counsel. He wasn't charged with any crimes and he didn't profit from the trade.

He cut a deal with the SEC to turn state's evidence on one of his good time buddies.