Project X Handcrafted EvenFlow reviews ***WRX TEST GROUP REVIEWS***

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read thru this entire thread because I am interested in the Project X Even Flow shafts. I currently play 917D2 with D+ White 70S and 917F2 with same shaft. I am 56, 2 hdcp with about 103-105 mph ss. Last fall, my club pro received the 917 demos with Even Flow Blue 65g 6.0 shafts. I took them out on the course and proceeded to hit 12/14 fairways with one right and one left slight misses. I could feel the smooth loading and got a higher launch and carry with the blue shafts. I played them for 2 weeks with the shafts and started drawing the ball consistently, losing many to the left.

Since then, I have been trying to find the Black shafts to test. My club pro contacted Titleist concierge get the test shafts. The response was that the Black shafts are not available for testing. I guess this is because they have not had time to test the shaft combinations.

I have scheduled a fitting with Club Champion next month because they have all the Blue/Black shafts available. I have not tested the Hazardous or Tensei shafts as they have not been available in our local fitting kit. From what I have read, the EF Black shafts sound like they are close to what I have been playing with but will provide better feel. My numbers indicate a slight down angle of attack and tend to release the club a little early.

Anyone have any comments from experience that would help me make a decision? Thanks in advance.

Let us know - I was intrigued about the EF Black wood shaft, as well as the hybrid shaft. The EF Black 65 could be a really good driver shaft for me as well.

I am also 100-105 SS, 5HDCP. All the PX shaft discussed here are 65g 6.0.

I have EF Black & Blue in my driver, and EF Blue in my fairway. Previously my all time favor was the original Diamana WB 65S, and then changed to a BB 65S LE in Nike. I also played all the HZRDUS line in a TM driver as well. T1100 was my fav by a long way within the product line. Until I hit the EF Black and it was difficult to go back.

I do think EF Black is the closest to a WB in terms of ball flight and feel. I haven't tried D+ but I did have a WB W and didn't like it at all. The EF Blue gave a little higher launch and spin and gave me a little more carry, but the biggest difference is feel, which is very much like a BB but has tighter & lower ball flights than a BB. I did not find EF Blue contributed to more misses to the left thought. As you pointed out, early release may have something to do with it.

Not really sure what kind of ball flight you are looking for. Drawing consistently seems like a good thing? Unless you are getting hooks, you might just have to move the aiming point right a little bit. If you are a fade player and want to eliminate the left side completely, you should look more at HZRDUS line. You'll get mostly straight to slight fade, at the price of silky smooth feel.

TBH I haven't tried a Whiteboard although I've always wanted to. I had a D+ 60 X in my 915 when I first ordered it, and liked the trajectory but felt like it had too much spin. That's too bad that the EF Black isn't an approved Titleist shaft, even as the Blue is a stock hybrid offering. For a while the EF Black hybrid showed on the Titleist offering but I can't remember if it still is. The Custom Options booklet isn't working online for me right now.

Titleist TSi3 10* (at 9.25*) w/ Tour AD DI 6X 
Titleist TSR2 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid w/ Fuji Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X

Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3 iron w/ KBS Tour V S HS'd
Titleist 716CB 4-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
Vokey SM7 Slate Blue 54.10 (1* strong) and 58.08 with Onyx DGTI S400
PING PLD Anser D 35"

2021 ProV1 or Left Dash ProV1x (or random other tour quality balls LOL)

I have a evenflow black 75 6.5 on the way for my f8+ driver. would you guys recommend tipping it since I am coming from a HZRDUS yellow or leave as is. I tried the stock HZRDUS yellow and it was spinning low 2000's for me and I played it in my 17 m1 but if i wasnt able to stretch and get after it i felt like I hit low toe hooks.

Quick Question : Do u guys think it is a fair trade 3 Evenflow Handcrafted Blue 65 6.0 new shafts for 4 Even Flow Blue 6.0 new shafts ( no handcrafted emblem ) ?

Nope.

1. Titleist TSR4 9º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 6X (A1) (Swing weight: D4)
  2. Titleist TSR2 15º w/ MCA Tensei Blue CK Pro Prototype 80TX (D1 setting) (43" (-4 weight) @ D4.1)
  3. Titliest TSR3 18º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 8X
  4. Titleist TSR2 21º w/ Fujikura Speeder EVO VII 757X
  5. Artisan HC 4-iron (23º) w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI
  6. Artisan MB 5-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (26º)
  7. Artisan MB 6-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI(30º)
  8. Artisan MB 7-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (34º)
  9. Artisan MB 8-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (38º)
  10. Artisan MB 9-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (42º)
  11. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (46.5º)
  12. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (51º)
  13. Artisan DS grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (56º)
  14. WM Tiger replica w/ Fujikura MC X-firm putter shaft & Ping grip (E1 @ 34 3/8")

I have a evenflow black 75 6.5 on the way for my f8+ driver. would you guys recommend tipping it since I am coming from a HZRDUS yellow or leave as is. I tried the stock HZRDUS yellow and it was spinning low 2000's for me and I played it in my 17 m1 but if i wasnt able to stretch and get after it i felt like I hit low toe hooks.

Maybe try it first without the tip. It is always easier to tip after the fact vs. having already tipped it and it not being what you want...

1. Titleist TSR4 9º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 6X (A1) (Swing weight: D4)
  2. Titleist TSR2 15º w/ MCA Tensei Blue CK Pro Prototype 80TX (D1 setting) (43" (-4 weight) @ D4.1)
  3. Titliest TSR3 18º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 8X
  4. Titleist TSR2 21º w/ Fujikura Speeder EVO VII 757X
  5. Artisan HC 4-iron (23º) w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI
  6. Artisan MB 5-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (26º)
  7. Artisan MB 6-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI(30º)
  8. Artisan MB 7-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (34º)
  9. Artisan MB 8-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (38º)
  10. Artisan MB 9-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (42º)
  11. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (46.5º)
  12. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (51º)
  13. Artisan DS grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (56º)
  14. WM Tiger replica w/ Fujikura MC X-firm putter shaft & Ping grip (E1 @ 34 3/8")

Got my handcrafted EF Black 75 and compared it the ef blue that is non handcrafted that was factory from cobra. The graphics are so much nicer on the handcrafted and the quality really shows

Really.. I didn't even know the non-HC version had different graphics.

PXG Gen 4 0811XT 9* Tensei White AV RAW 65X

PXG Gen 4 0341X 3W Tensei White AV RAW 75X

PXG Gen 1 0211 19* Tensei White AV RAW 90X

PXG 0317ST 4-W Extreme Darkness PX LZ 6.5

PXG SD2 50* & 54 PX LZ 6.0

PXG SD 58*

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack Slant neck 34" 

Got my handcrafted EF Black 75 and compared it the ef blue that is non handcrafted that was factory from cobra. The graphics are so much nicer on the handcrafted and the quality really shows

There isn't any difference in the paint job between the two locations. The EvenFlow paint process is done by hand and each painter's technique varies a little, regardless of in San Diego or Guangzhou, so you can see differences in the patterns between different painters.

DB

WITB

Driver-Titleist TSr3 9* w/ HZRDUS Green 60TX (HULK)

3 Wood-Titleist TSi2 15* w/ ACCRA TZFive 70 M5 (Masters Edition)

Irons-Taylormade P7MC 3-PW w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Wedges-Titleist Vokey 56.12D &60.12D w/ Dynamic Gold Mid S400

Putter-Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec Newport 2 w/ Steelfiber i125p

There isn't any difference in the paint job between the two locations. The EvenFlow paint process is done by hand and each painter's technique varies a little, regardless of in San Diego or Guangzhou, so you can see differences in the patterns between different painters.

DB

Good to know. My mistake. The ef blue in my cobra has black painted lines that are thicker but sounds like that was the technique of the person where is was made

I need some suggestions from people with experience with these shafts. I have used and liked Hzrdus Yellow 65 6.0 and PX LZ 70 6.5 in the past.... I'm looking at Even Flow black for F8+ driver. I'm generally in the 105-108 swing speed range. I'm looking at 65g shaft. 6.0 straight in or 6.0 tipped 1/2 inch? I'm not sure I would need a 6.5 at my ss- moderate tempo and load. Thanks.

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

DB

San Diego or Guangzhou? Hmm interesting. That leads to a question about an older LZ shaft.. So I have the HC version and the OEM version.. OEM version has a logo that says San Diego instead of Hand Crafted... So is "San Diego" actually GuangZhou? :polling:

PXG SD 58*

I need some suggestions from people with experience with these shafts. I have used and liked Hzrdus Yellow 65 6.0 and PX LZ 70 6.5 in the past.... I'm looking at Even Flow black for F8+ driver. I'm generally in the 105-108 swing speed range. I'm looking at 65g shaft. 6.0 straight in or 6.0 tipped 1/2 inch? I'm not sure I would need a 6.5 at my ss- moderate tempo and load. Thanks.

I am at 100-105 and using 65g 6.0 straight in. If you are mostly over 105, you can go with 6.0 tipped 1/2". The shaft is stable enough that you don't need extra stiffness to reduce dispersion.

I am surprised though with two shafts you listed.. the Yellow 65g 6.0 should "feel" like noodles comparing to LZ70 6.5 at your SS. Although the Yellow is much more stable so you you probably had more distance, better feel and similar dispersion. Am I close?

I have a KK DC Silver Tini 60 in a 2016 M1 460. With it I hit towering drives that are all carry and very little rollout. I am going to get an M3 and I am thinking about putting a Evenflow shaft in it. My question is what would be better, an Evenflow black or Blue 6.0 65?

I could only say Black would help lowering a flight more than Blue in general. Some more information would be useful to make better suggestion, such as your swing speed & loft on your driver. I mean there are many reasons one might get towering drives...

PXG SD 58*

I am at 100-105 and using 65g 6.0 straight in. If you are mostly over 105, you can go with 6.0 tipped 1/2". The shaft is stable enough that you don't need extra stiffness to reduce dispersion.

I am surprised though with two shafts you listed.. the Yellow 65g 6.0 should "feel" like noodles comparing to LZ70 6.5 at your SS. Although the Yellow is much more stable so you you probably had more distance, better feel and similar dispersion. Am I close?

I have a KK DC Silver Tini 60 in a 2016 M1 460. With it I hit towering drives that are all carry and very little rollout. I am going to get an M3 and I am thinking about putting a Evenflow shaft in it. My question is what would be better, an Evenflow black or Blue 6.0 65?

I could only say Black would help lowering a flight more than Blue in general. Some more information would be useful to make better suggestion, such as your swing speed & loft on your driver. I mean there are many reasons one might get towering drives...

I'd say the yellow had a little better dispersion. I'm not sure it was any longer than the LZ 70, maybe a touch longer on average, but I hit some big drives with the LZ. To me the yellow 6.0 felt almost as stiff as the LZ 70 6.5. I never thought the LZ driver shafts felt/played very stiff. It could just be the feeling of the soft midsection, though.

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

I'd say the yellow had a little better dispersion. I'm not sure it was any longer than the LZ 70, maybe a touch longer on average, but I hit some big drives with the LZ. To me the yellow 6.0 felt almost as stiff as the LZ 70 6.5. I never thought the LZ driver shafts felt/played very stiff. It could just be the feeling of the soft midsection, though.

Ok sounds to me you can use really either 6.5 or 6.0 tipped. My philosophy is always use the softest shaft you can control, and 6.0 tipped would be the slightly softer of the two, and I don't think you'll see much difference in dispersion. Prior to my EF Black, I used a HZRDUS T1100 6.0 and absolutely loved it, almost couldn't imagine how EF could have been any better. But the real difference is that now I no longer have to swing 100% every single time to get the best result. You won't have problem using a 6.5 and you probably won't even feel that it's very stiff, but with 6.0 you will be able to hit some big drives on easy smooth swings once in a while.

PXG SD 58*

would love to try a red EF in the 80g range in my 3w...

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

No bro!!! The red can't handle you! LOL.. seriously though, did you try EF blue in your 3W?

PXG SD 58*

No bro!!! The red can't handle you! LOL.. seriously though, did you try EF blue in your 3W?

No Lol I want to try either

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

I'll let you try mine if you promise to take it easy. ROFL

PXG SD 58*

I'll let you try mine if you promise to take it easy. ROFL

What's this thing u speak of...'easy' ?

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

I just read thru this entire thread because I am interested in the Project X Even Flow shafts. I currently play 917D2 with D+ White 70S and 917F2 with same shaft. I am 56, 2 hdcp with about 103-105 mph ss. Last fall, my club pro received the 917 demos with Even Flow Blue 65g 6.0 shafts. I took them out on the course and proceeded to hit 12/14 fairways with one right and one left slight misses. I could feel the smooth loading and got a higher launch and carry with the blue shafts. I played them for 2 weeks with the shafts and started drawing the ball consistently, losing many to the left.

Since then, I have been trying to find the Black shafts to test. My club pro contacted Titleist concierge get the test shafts. The response was that the Black shafts are not available for testing. I guess this is because they have not had time to test the shaft combinations.

I have scheduled a fitting with Club Champion next month because they have all the Blue/Black shafts available. I have not tested the Hazardous or Tensei shafts as they have not been available in our local fitting kit. From what I have read, the EF Black shafts sound like they are close to what I have been playing with but will provide better feel. My numbers indicate a slight down angle of attack and tend to release the club a little early.

Anyone have any comments from experience that would help me make a decision? Thanks in advance.

Got fitted today at Club Champion Atlanta. The performance of the EV Black was better than my current D+ Whites so I ordered the shafts. PX EV Black 6.0 65g, 44.5 length in the driver, 75g 3W and 85g 818 hybrid.. My swing speed was about 100mph and hit a couple with smash factor of 1.5 to 1.53, spin rates 2500-2700. I believe when I get out of the indoor fitting should be able to get higher swing speeds on the range. Can't wait for spring to arrive.

Anyone know the spec difference between the Hand Crafted version vs the off-the-rack version?

Tighter tolerances; not sure if there are others.

9° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 60 6.5
15° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70 6.0
19° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
22° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
5-PW Srixon ZX5 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 50/54/58 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 0418

Got fitted today at Club Champion Atlanta. The performance of the EV Black was better than my current D+ Whites so I ordered the shafts. PX EV Black 6.0 65g, 44.5 length in the driver, 75g 3W and 85g 818 hybrid.. My swing speed was about 100mph and hit a couple with smash factor of 1.5 to 1.53, spin rates 2500-2700. I believe when I get out of the indoor fitting should be able to get higher swing speeds on the range. Can't wait for spring to arrive.

Sweet! Just curious, did they have you try EF Blue as well?

PXG SD 58*

For a UDI, would the blue or black be a better fit? I know of course the answer is always "go get fit" but my local club champ doesn't really have much in the way of lefty UDI's, if any (probably not a commonly fit item).

Haven't hit either Evenflow, but I traditionally like more of a mid launch profile... but the new Evo shaft I play doesn't "Feel" like a traditional mid/mid profile like say Blueboard or Tensei blue. Much more tighter and stable feeling with a quick effortless snap through impact. I want that same feel in the UDI. The s+ blueboard feels sloppy compared to that profile. Fitter there told me I'd probably like the EF black better because the blue felt extremely easy to load, probably a bit closer to Evo iii, which I think would be solid in a 3w or 5w for a bit higher flight and spin. I'm looking for a lower launching fairway finder that spins a little less.

For a UDI, would the blue or black be a better fit? I know of course the answer is always "go get fit" but my local club champ doesn't really have much in the way of lefty UDI's, if any (probably not a commonly fit item).

Haven't hit either Evenflow, but I traditionally like more of a mid launch profile... but the new Evo shaft I play doesn't "Feel" like a traditional mid/mid profile like say Blueboard or Tensei blue. Much more tighter and stable feeling with a quick effortless snap through impact. I want that same feel in the UDI. The s+ blueboard feels sloppy compared to that profile. Fitter there told me I'd probably like the EF black better because the blue felt extremely easy to load, probably a bit closer to Evo iii, which I think would be solid in a 3w or 5w for a bit higher flight and spin. I'm looking for a lower launching fairway finder that spins a little less.

If you find S+ Blueboard "sloppy" then you wouldn't like EF Blue either. Feel wise they are very similar, EF is almost even smoother, which at time could contribute to a sloppy feel. Agree with your fitter that it'll be EF Black for you, and if that still feels sloppy, you might want to try HZRDUS Black, which Rory has in his 790 UDI.

Anyone know the spec difference between the Hand Crafted version vs the off-the-rack version?

Tighter tolerances; not sure if there are others.

Made in US vs Made in China.

PXG SD 58*

Sweet! Just curious, did they have you try EF Blue as well?

Yes, the Blue felt good but spin numbers were higher, 3200rpm vs 2600 with the black. I played a few rounds with the Blue shafts with good performance but started drawing the ball more. The Black shafts in testing showed slight draw to power fade ball flights. Can't wait to try them out on the course.

If you find S+ Blueboard "sloppy" then you wouldn't like EF Blue either. Feel wise they are very similar, EF is almost even smoother, which at time could contribute to a sloppy feel. Agree with your fitter that it'll be EF Black for you, and if that still feels sloppy, you might want to try HZRDUS Black, which Rory has in his 790 UDI.

i can attest to the 'sloppy'-ness of the blue. i got it in the Rogue SZ driver and it was all over the place. even in 75x.

the HZRDUS black, as you mention, is very good in hybrids - but keep in mind my experience has only been with the 105x.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”