Project X Handcrafted EvenFlow reviews ***WRX TEST GROUP REVIEWS***

Is everyone finding these true to flex? Especially the blue 75 in 6.0 for a fairway. The black 6.0 65 in my driver feels pretty true to a really good feeling stiff flex.

Titleist TSi2 10° w/Ventus Blue 6x w/VeloCore

Titleist TSi2 15° w/Ventus Blue 7x w/VeloCore
Titleist TSi2 21° w/Ventus Blue 8x w/VeloCore
Titleist T100S (2021) 4-PW w/PX LZ 6.0
Vokey SM8 Raw 52.12F, 56.10S, and 60.08M
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5 34"
Pro V1

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I happen to have the Blue 75 6.0 in my M1 fairway, tipped 0.5". I find it pretty true to flex and the feels fantastic. My other shaft for the M1 fairway is a 65g 6.0 T1100 that's tipped much more than it should and it is stiff as heck.

PXG Gen 4 0811XT 9* Tensei White AV RAW 65X

PXG Gen 4 0341X 3W Tensei White AV RAW 75X

PXG Gen 1 0211 19* Tensei White AV RAW 90X

PXG 0317ST 4-W Extreme Darkness PX LZ 6.5

PXG SD2 50* & 54 PX LZ 6.0

PXG SD 58*

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack Slant neck 34" 

Is everyone finding these true to flex? Especially the blue 75 in 6.0 for a fairway. The black 6.0 65 in my driver feels pretty true to a really good feeling stiff flex.

I have thought that the EF models both are pretty true to flex. Can feel softer due to how they are smooth and easy to load.

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

I found the blue 75 6.5 to be a rad whippy so I tipped it 1/2”.

1. Titleist TSR4 9º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 6X (A1) (Swing weight: D4)
  2. Titleist TSR2 15º w/ MCA Tensei Blue CK Pro Prototype 80TX (D1 setting) (43" (-4 weight) @ D4.1)
  3. Titliest TSR3 18º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 8X
  4. Titleist TSR2 21º w/ Fujikura Speeder EVO VII 757X
  5. Artisan HC 4-iron (23º) w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI
  6. Artisan MB 5-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (26º)
  7. Artisan MB 6-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI(30º)
  8. Artisan MB 7-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (34º)
  9. Artisan MB 8-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (38º)
  10. Artisan MB 9-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (42º)
  11. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (46.5º)
  12. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (51º)
  13. Artisan DS grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (56º)
  14. WM Tiger replica w/ Fujikura MC X-firm putter shaft & Ping grip (E1 @ 34 3/8")

• 1 month later...

I was fitted into an EvenFlow Blue 6.0 at Club Champion a few weeks ago. The shaft was super smooth, but felt just a little whippy... My swing speed is 107-108 mph. My thought is to purchase a stiff/6.0 flex and then have it tipped to play in between a stiff and x-flex...

I see on their website they advise to only butt cut to length for drivers.

Have any of you guys been in a similar situation with this shaft and had it tipped to play stiffer? How did it turn out and how much did you have tipped?

Callaway Paradym 12° - Fujikura Ventus Red 6s

Callaway Paradym 18° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s

Callaway Paradym 21° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s
Srixon z785 (4-PW) - Oban CT 115s+
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 50° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 55° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 60° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s

Bettinardi Studio Reserve JAM-F

I was fitted into an EvenFlow Blue 6.0 at Club Champion a few weeks ago. The shaft was super smooth, but felt just a little whippy... My swing speed is 107-108 mph. My thought is to purchase a stiff/6.0 flex and then have it tipped to play in between a stiff and x-flex...

Have any of you guys been in a similar situation with this shaft and had it tipped to play stiffer? How did it turn out and how much did you have tipped?

tipped it 1/2" since i put it in a g400 head and did it to counter the heaviness of the head - added a heavier grip as well to manage the swing weight

it is a serious cannon - loves to go long and straight

incredible

Yeah I have the blue in 6.5 in 75 grams and it felt whippy so I tipped it 1/2”. Works like a charm now.

2. Titleist TSR2 15º w/ MCA Tensei Blue CK Pro Prototype 80TX (D1 setting) (43" (-4 weight) @ D4.1)
  14. WM Tiger replica w/ Fujikura MC X-firm putter shaft & Ping grip (E1 @ 34 3/8")

I have thought that the EF models both are pretty true to flex. Can feel softer due to how they are smooth and easy to load.

Yeah I have the blue in 6.5 in 75 grams and it felt whippy so I tipped it 1/2”. Works like a charm now.

I'm around your SS and went untipped 6.5; granted i'm not the ideal swing type for this shaft and it felt fine to me.

I also have a very heavy load on the shaft. It works awesome now!!

I just put a 75g Blue 6.0 together to test with my Epic and Epic Sub Zero heads. Feels great. Launch is slightly higher than my Rogue Black 95MSI 70 Stiff. Ball doesn't look to be ballooning at all so far, but need some more time on a range when it isn't 40F and snow covered. I do like the feel slightly over the Rogue as it feels slightly tighter. Very solid feel without feeling whippy. Can't wait to do so further testing and get this shaft on the course once the weather breaks. I also have a Rogue Max Mid Launch 65 I've been fooling around with that seems to kick harder, but with that kick comes a way looser feel.

Callaway Epic Flash Sub-Zero Triple Diamond - Aldila DVS 70S
Callaway Rogue 3 Wood - Project X Evenflow Blue 75
Callaway Steelhead XR 7 Wood Tensei Blue 65
Nike Covert Forged 4-PW Irons
Nike Engage 50, 56, & 60 Wedges
Nike Origin B2-05 Putter

I think it is just a paint scheme for Hawaii recently. I havent heard anything about a "new" EF shaft

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

I think it is just a paint scheme for Hawaii recently. I havent heard anything about a "new" EF shaft

I haven't heard anything new either, but red paint for Hawaii doesn't really seem to make a lot of sense, unless it is referring to lava. Given the 3 shaft lineup for HZRDUS, it wouldn't surprise me to have a mid\mid shaft in Even Flow line up.

PXG SD 58*

Ok, so I have a swing that fits the HZRDUS Black 6.5 really well untipped in the driver but I just got the EF Blue 85 for a fw. Recommended tipping is 1/2" for the 3w and the Tour Blue I have in my 3w now is just about perfect flex. What do you guys think I should tip the EF for a 3w?

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

Ok, so I have a swing that fits the HZRDUS Black 6.5 really well untipped in the driver but I just got the EF Blue 85 for a fw. Recommended tipping is 1/2" for the 3w and the Tour Blue I have in my 3w now is just about perfect flex. What do you guys think I should tip the EF for a 3w?

Hey I was planning on putting a HZRDUS Black 6.5 in my driver when I get the M3 later this year, but I'm not sure if I need a 6.5 or a 6.0 tipped stiff. What's a good swing speed that matches up with the 6.5 without feeling too stiff? Thanks.

Hey I was planning on putting a HZRDUS Black 6.5 in my driver when I get the M3 later this year, but I'm not sure if I need a 6.5 or a 6.0 tipped stiff. What's a good swing speed that matches up with the 6.5 without feeling too stiff? Thanks.

I have around 115-117 and hard transition. If you have an aggressive swing, you can probably get by with 110mph without any issue. If you don't have an aggressive swing, don't use HZRDUS Black unless you like that sledgehammer feel.

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

Could anybodf compare the Blue vs Tensei Blue vs 2KXV blue? I always default to Tensei when I can but I'm wondering if maybe theirs something out there that spins a touch lower without feeling harsh? Best thing I like about Tensei is I can put a smooth swing on it and it still loads, and I can go all out and I won't hook it off the planet still.

Before I found Tensei, I was an s+ guy but I found the tip too loose. Before that, was Matrix Red Tie which I liked a lot.

Just read this whole thread to check if there was a comparison between Even Flow Blue and Tour AD DI (x-flex). It was briefly discussed but not really answered, so I'll ask again.

Any experiences in terms of launch, spin and feel differences between the two? I like the Tour AD DI but feel like it can spin up on me too much at times.

Just read this whole thread to check if there was a comparison between Even Flow Blue and Tour AD DI (x-flex). It was briefly discussed but not really answered, so I'll ask again.

Any experiences in terms of launch, spin and feel differences between the two? I like the Tour AD DI but feel like it can spin up on me too much at times.

Spin about the same in my experience. Try the AD TP. Much better

Callaway Rogue w/ Diamana DF 60TX<br />Cobra king Ltd 3 wood w/ tensei pro blue 70s<br />Cobra king utility black<br />Srixon z785 w/ Nippon modus 120s 4-p<br

Spin about the same in my experience. Try the AD TP. Much better

Thank you sir.

I haven't heard anything new either, but red paint for Hawaii doesn't really seem to make a lot of sense, unless it is referring to lava. Given the 3 shaft lineup for HZRDUS, it wouldn't surprise me to have a mid\mid shaft in Even Flow line up.

It is not a Hawaii paint scheme, it is a new shaft.

I just read thru this entire thread because I am interested in the Project X Even Flow shafts. I currently play 917D2 with D+ White 70S and 917F2 with same shaft. I am 56, 2 hdcp with about 103-105 mph ss. Last fall, my club pro received the 917 demos with Even Flow Blue 65g 6.0 shafts. I took them out on the course and proceeded to hit 12/14 fairways with one right and one left slight misses. I could feel the smooth loading and got a higher launch and carry with the blue shafts. I played them for 2 weeks with the shafts and started drawing the ball consistently, losing many to the left.

Since then, I have been trying to find the Black shafts to test. My club pro contacted Titleist concierge get the test shafts. The response was that the Black shafts are not available for testing. I guess this is because they have not had time to test the shaft combinations.

I have scheduled a fitting with Club Champion next month because they have all the Blue/Black shafts available. I have not tested the Hazardous or Tensei shafts as they have not been available in our local fitting kit. From what I have read, the EF Black shafts sound like they are close to what I have been playing with but will provide better feel. My numbers indicate a slight down angle of attack and tend to release the club a little early.

Anyone have any comments from experience that would help me make a decision? Thanks in advance.

Thinking of an Evenflow Blue 6.0 hybrid shaft in a driving iron

any views or thoughts on it?

anyone try this setup?

hit the hybrid shaft at all?

appreciated

I have the Evenflow Black 6.0 Hybrid shaft in my TM Tour Preferred UDI 1 iron and 3 iron. All I can say is that it is absolute money! Piercing ball flight, yet easy to elevate, phenomenal feel. Ball hits the ground running and goes...

I play both mostly as tee clubs, but the 3 iron is easy to hit off the deck with this setup.

I just read thru this entire thread because I am interested in the Project X Even Flow shafts. I currently play 917D2 with D+ White 70S and 917F2 with same shaft. I am 56, 2 hdcp with about 103-105 mph ss. Last fall, my club pro received the 917 demos with Even Flow Blue 65g 6.0 shafts. I took them out on the course and proceeded to hit 12/14 fairways with one right and one left slight misses. I could feel the smooth loading and got a higher launch and carry with the blue shafts. I played them for 2 weeks with the shafts and started drawing the ball consistently, losing many to the left.

Since then, I have been trying to find the Black shafts to test. My club pro contacted Titleist concierge get the test shafts. The response was that the Black shafts are not available for testing. I guess this is because they have not had time to test the shaft combinations.

I have scheduled a fitting with Club Champion next month because they have all the Blue/Black shafts available. I have not tested the Hazardous or Tensei shafts as they have not been available in our local fitting kit. From what I have read, the EF Black shafts sound like they are close to what I have been playing with but will provide better feel. My numbers indicate a slight down angle of attack and tend to release the club a little early.

Anyone have any comments from experience that would help me make a decision? Thanks in advance.

Let us know - I was intrigued about the EF Black wood shaft, as well as the hybrid shaft. The EF Black 65 could be a really good driver shaft for me as well.

Titleist TSi3 10* (at 9.25*) w/ Tour AD DI 6X 
Titleist TSR2 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid w/ Fuji Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X

Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3 iron w/ KBS Tour V S HS'd
Titleist 716CB 4-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
Vokey SM7 Slate Blue 54.10 (1* strong) and 58.08 with Onyx DGTI S400
PING PLD Anser D 35"

2021 ProV1 or Left Dash ProV1x (or random other tour quality balls LOL)

Let us know - I was intrigued about the EF Black wood shaft, as well as the hybrid shaft. The EF Black 65 could be a really good driver shaft for me as well.

I am also 100-105 SS, 5HDCP. All the PX shaft discussed here are 65g 6.0.

I have EF Black & Blue in my driver, and EF Blue in my fairway. Previously my all time favor was the original Diamana WB 65S, and then changed to a BB 65S LE in Nike. I also played all the HZRDUS line in a TM driver as well. T1100 was my fav by a long way within the product line. Until I hit the EF Black and it was difficult to go back.

I do think EF Black is the closest to a WB in terms of ball flight and feel. I haven't tried D+ but I did have a WB W and didn't like it at all. The EF Blue gave a little higher launch and spin and gave me a little more carry, but the biggest difference is feel, which is very much like a BB but has tighter & lower ball flights than a BB. I did not find EF Blue contributed to more misses to the left thought. As you pointed out, early release may have something to do with it.

Not really sure what kind of ball flight you are looking for. Drawing consistently seems like a good thing? Unless you are getting hooks, you might just have to move the aiming point right a little bit. If you are a fade player and want to eliminate the left side completely, you should look more at HZRDUS line. You'll get mostly straight to slight fade, at the price of silky smooth feel.

PXG SD 58*