Does anybody miss the old Be Better Golf Youtube Show?

Bre9327

I know someone who had the exact same experience regarding Brandon asking for the round to be paid for, fwiw. Also, you seem to know Brandon really well for being a casual friend. How often do you guys play?

You going to call him Eldrick next? Your trolling on his name after you've been corrected and said you'd get it right is pretty crappy.

Like the channel/don't like the channel but you are being a dick about it at this point.

Chrome in android auto corrects Brendon to Brandon, at least it does on my tablet and phone.

No issues on my mac or iPhone, but the point is he's now doing it on purpose after expressing awareness of the issue and vowing not to do it again. Clearly intentional at this point, auto correct isn't the issue.

Chill out dude. I had no awareness of which one I was using until Brendon corrected me. When I typed out that last post, I initially wrote it out with an e but remembered I had to switch it so I switched it the wrong way. Brendon, I am sorry again.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least you didn't Garbo (I vant to be alone) his last name. I can understand a friend coming here to his defense, as a lot of negative things have been said about him and he can't defend himself due to his profiteering ban in these forums.

If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun. - Zippy the Pinhead

Guys, you gotta stop with this character assassination. I've played with him several times, both on and off camera and he's NEVER asked me pay - not even hinted. Say what you want about his monetization of the channel (frankly, good on him, he's put in tons of time on it and deserves whatever he gets) and where the trajectory of the content is going, but he wouldn't ever charge anyone. And to all the bogey hacks that made comments about his lack of skills? gmafb, he would roast you on the course. The guy is deadly under pressure with his putter and he's a damn good ball striker as well. Just my two cents.

No need to get in a huff here. I've never had the opportunity to play a round with him, but I'm sure he could play pretty well considering we have over 300 golf days a year down here. By the way, the guy who you accused of being a 12 handicap is actually 1,2 which is the European way of writing 1.2. I'm sure it would be a pretty good match.

I think the pay for me to play with me thing wasn't cool in the least and completely understand why that would and should put someone off. Some people have identified those experiences and absolutely no reason not to believe them and it certainly colors my view of him. I'm sure he has friends that enjoy playing with him as well. He seems to have some different ideas about how to go about building his brand, so to speak, both then and now -- maybe there could be more discussion about the pros and cons of those "strategies" vs. some others whose shoes he's trying to walk in. At a base level, to me he just isn't a compelling person with compelling content right now vs. others who are (good or bad) succeeding as "YouTubers" and certainly doesn't seem to have the bona fides as an instructor. My opinion.

A couple of trolls popping in haven't helped this thread, no surprise there.

Still reserve the right to meet him in person and discover whether he's a good guy, and would hope that to be the case. Not signing up for lessons or paying to watch any content or paying for some new secret move.

Guys, you gotta stop with this character assassination. I've played with him several times, both on and off camera and he's NEVER asked me pay - not even hinted. Say what you want about his monetization of the channel (frankly, good on him, he's put in tons of time on it and deserves whatever he gets) and where the trajectory of the content is going, but he wouldn't ever charge anyone. And to all the bogey hacks that made comments about his lack of skills? gmafb, he would roast you on the course. The guy is deadly under pressure with his putter and he's a damn good ball striker as well. Just my two cents.

No need to get in a huff here. I've never had the opportunity to play a round with him, but I'm sure he could play pretty well considering we have over 300 golf days a year down here. By the way, the guy who you accused of being a 12 handicap is actually 1,2 which is the European way of writing 1.2. I'm sure it would be a pretty good match.

Honestly wasn't trying to get in a huff. I've always just despised bullying of any kind and felt it was unfair that guys that don't even know him were commenting and piling on with mostly hearsay when the guy can't even defend himself. Btw, I was quoting "Big Lewy" (doesn't show a comma in his 12 index), not "NotForeLong"

Whoa. He has a secret move?

Absolutely, and you can buy the vid(s) to learn it. "Koufax drill" - you'll smash it! No, I'm not advertising even a little bit.

From what I've seen, a lot of the pay for stuff with other instructors are things I'm pretty sure I saw on YouTube for free (I may have actually paid a token amount for a pretty good vid he had with Monte some time back) which were good (the Monte stuff is great, some of the other was interesting to me, some not) so I'm guessing maybe some of that has been taken down and can't be accessed now for free - his choice, and if some of those instructors make something off it, great. Of course, Monte's Rebellion Golf offers a platform to get Monte's stuff in a much better way.

Honestly wasn't trying to get in a huff. I've always just despised bullying of any kind and felt it was unfair that guys that don't even know him were commenting and piling on with mostly hearsay when the guy can't even defend himself. Btw, I was quoting "Big Lewy" (doesn't show a comma in his 12 index), not "NotForeLong"

It was mentioned earlier that he was banned from wrx for violating sponsorship rules. Of course he can't defend himself in this forum.

It was mentioned earlier that he was banned from wrx for violating sponsorship rules. Of course he can't defend himself in this forum.

I acknowledged that (see the bold)....that's why I spoke up in his defense with my own experiences with him. If others have had bad experiences, that honestly sucks. But the remarks that: he can't throw a ball, he sucks, he's not athletic, he weighs 175 lbs soaking wet...what are you guys, 12 years old? It's stupid...

I acknowledged that (see the bold)....that's why I spoke up in his defense with my own experiences with him. If others have had bad experiences, that honestly sucks. But the remarks that: he can't throw a ball, he sucks, he's not athletic, he weighs 175 lbs soaking wet...what are you guys, 12 years old? It's stupid...

He's still doing videos as well. So, I'm sure he sees these comments and has the ability to address anything with his fan base.

My personal feeling is that he can play pretty decent golf, but celebrities can and often say things to "sell themselves" better to their fan base. It doesn't really matter what other people say about those things because his fans will be his fans no matter what other people say.

Just putting it out there, if someone wants to pay for half my green fee you can call me any name you want for the round?

Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
2 & 4 iron: Callaway X Utility 18* & 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
Putter: Odyssey 2 ball XG 40" Armlock w/ winn grip and triple track alignment

Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement

Just putting it out there, if someone wants to pay for half my green fee you can call me any name you want for the round?

Would call you golfwrx friend and be happy to pay (if you are buying after the round!) - love to see your hard work in action (and will be in UK next year so be careful what you wish for. ;-)

I hate all you guys who say he can’t play. Very few people try to get bertter harder than I do and I can’t seem to get into the 70s no matter what I do. He’s shooting around par. That’s really good from where I sit. I’m somewhat shocked that he can do that since he seems really wild with driver at times and I’m not sure he needs driver as much as he uses it, so what I’d really like to know is whether you highly skilled players think he would score better if he put driver away.

I can understand why he can’t afford to play with everyone, but I think he possibly didn’t have a defined plan for every situation and just tried to handle the growth as best as he could. I would think he’s had plenty of income from the sale of the videos (I’ve bought every single one) but I have no idea what his expenses are. I’m certainly never going to pay to play with him but on the other hand I’ve never asked anyone who joined me for a round at my club to pay either.

I’m interested in the short game school, that guy seems really talented (to me) but I’ve been trying to use monte system for some time and seem to be making slow but steady progress.

Tl;dr

All you guys who say he can’t play must have your eyes closed when on your own courses.

I think his swing has some idiosyncrasies and like most of us, they seem hard to get rid of.

It’s silly to bash some guy who you’ve never met and can’t come here to explain or defend himself. Life’s too short. Just tell me whether he needs to put driver away or not. :)

Im the one that commented on him being 175 and doing intermittent fasting (IF). That wasnt an insult based on his weight. I was saying it was a joke that he was peddling this method as a good idea. When you weigh 175 and have no appreciable accumulation of lean mass and fat, there's absolutely no reason to do IF. Its probably a bad idea health wise. Please, if anyone has a reason why a healthy male at 175 needs to restrict calories, speak up. Im guessing its actually counter productive to his fitness goals. He also talks about "losing some fat around his midsection". Targeted fat loss is a fallacy. Each body loses fat the way it wants to. You cant pick and choose.

"they both flaked and never really committed to it,"

That is false.

So tell us what happened, bro. We all promise not to tell Brendon you dished. :)

I have nothing bad to say about anyone...except for maybe Peter Kostis' Swing Vision analyses.

What about that pseudo-intellectual "cool tatted rapper" Foley ?!? :russian_roulette:

I've reformed since this.

[media=]

[/media]

Actually, I'm probably worse, but trying.

There are so many troll videos on the internet like this that I've wasted way too much time watching.... this is NOT one of them - pure genius!

TM Stealth 9 degrees, Ventus Blue TR 6x

TM Stealth plus 3 wood 15 degrees, Ventus Blue TR 6x

TM Sim2 TI 5 wood, 18 degrees 

Callaway UW '21, 21 degrees

TM P7MC 2023, 4-pw, fujikura axiom 125x

Srixon RTX 6 - 52,56,60 

Odyssey White Hot OG 1 Wide, KBS graphite putter shaft

What turned me off from his channel was when he arrogantly said he could get any manufacturer to give him clubs.

10.5* Cobra LTDx Driver w/ Veylix Alpina Shaft

14.5 * Taylormade Stealth + Fairway wood w/ Veylix Rome Shaft

19.0* Callaway Rogue ST Max w/ Graphite Design Tour AD 75 shaft

4-PW Callaway Apex 21 w/ Accra steel 105g shafts

Edison Wedges w/ Accra Steel 115g shafts (49*, 54*, 59*)

SIK C-Series Pro Putter w/ BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar Shaft

I didn't know Tony Luczak signed a contract with BBG to do the schools. I was never going to any of those schools anyways, but if I did it wouldn't be for that reactionary golf method, I just can't get behind that. I spent most of my golfing life throwing my arms at the ball with only moderate success. 20 years of that hasn't worked yet, no reason to believe it would work now.

I also find it humorous Jeff Flagg left Tony....he was both Tony and Brendon's selling point for that reactionary golf nonsense. That vid someone posted of Flagg at his new instructor, his swing looks much more fluid and powerful.

Driver - Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0
3 wood - Cobra F8
Irons 3-PW - Mizuno MP54
Wedges - Vokey SM5 50°, Cleveland Zipcore 54°, Cleveland Zipcore 58°
Putter - Odyssey Stroke Lab 3

I hate all you guys who say he can't play. Very few people try to get bertter harder than I do and I can't seem to get into the 70s no matter what I do. He's shooting around par. That's really good from where I sit. I'm somewhat shocked that he can do that since he seems really wild with driver at times and I'm not sure he needs driver as much as he uses it, so what I'd really like to know is whether you highly skilled players think he would score better if he put driver away.

I can understand why he can't afford to play with everyone, but I think he possibly didn't have a defined plan for every situation and just tried to handle the growth as best as he could. I would think he's had plenty of income from the sale of the videos (I've bought every single one) but I have no idea what his expenses are. I'm certainly never going to pay to play with him but on the other hand I've never asked anyone who joined me for a round at my club to pay either.

I'm interested in the short game school, that guy seems really talented (to me) but I've been trying to use monte system for some time and seem to be making slow but steady progress.

Tl;dr

All you guys who say he can't play must have your eyes closed when on your own courses.

I think his swing has some idiosyncrasies and like most of us, they seem hard to get rid of.

It's silly to bash some guy who you've never met and can't come here to explain or defend himself. Life's too short. Just tell me whether he needs to put driver away or not. :)

You've bought "every single one" of his videos but wouldn't pay for his round to have the opportunity to play with him? That makes zero sense.

I hate all you guys who say he can't play. Very few people try to get bertter harder than I do and I can't seem to get into the 70s no matter what I do. He's shooting around par. That's really good from where I sit. I'm somewhat shocked that he can do that since he seems really wild with driver at times and I'm not sure he needs driver as much as he uses it, so what I'd really like to know is whether you highly skilled players think he would score better if he put driver away.

I can understand why he can't afford to play with everyone, but I think he possibly didn't have a defined plan for every situation and just tried to handle the growth as best as he could. I would think he's had plenty of income from the sale of the videos (I've bought every single one) but I have no idea what his expenses are. I'm certainly never going to pay to play with him but on the other hand I've never asked anyone who joined me for a round at my club to pay either.

I'm interested in the short game school, that guy seems really talented (to me) but I've been trying to use monte system for some time and seem to be making slow but steady progress.

Tl;dr

All you guys who say he can't play must have your eyes closed when on your own courses.

It's silly to bash some guy who you've never met and can't come here to explain or defend himself. Life's too short. Just tell me whether he needs to put driver away or not. :)

You've bought "every single one" of his videos but wouldn't pay for his round to have the opportunity to play with him? That makes zero sense.

To me,paying for an instructional videos featuring professional instructors and paying for a social round with him would be Two very different things? I do think there’s a difference between paying him for playing and covering his green fees. But I’m okay with you thinking it makes zero sense.

:)

Tl;dr

To me,paying for an instructional videos featuring professional instructors and paying for a social round with him would be Two very different things? I do think there's a difference between paying him for playing and covering his green fees. But I'm okay with you thinking it makes zero sense.

:)

The fact that he is charging for the round no longer makes it a "social round". He obviously is placing a value on his time. I was surprised as to why someone who has bought all of his videos and "hate(s) all you guys who say he can't play" would then "never pay to play with him" and pass on an opportunity to have an in person, on-course experience with Be Better Golf for the low cost of greens fees and expenses. I mean, its Be Better Golf! .

On the other side of it, those who think that Brendon charging to play a round of golf with him is ridiculous clearly do not think his time is worth the value he is asking. From the video evidence I've seen, I would have to agree.

What turned me off from his channel was when he arrogantly said he could get any manufacturer to give him clubs.

Why's this arrogant? He operates a popular golf channel on Youtube, he probably has golf companies offering him stuff.

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

I don't see anything wrong with him asking for someone who "invite" him to pay for the green fees.

If you only play for few times in a year, yeah that sounds lame, but when you play quite often, pay for travel expenses, accommodation, meal and camera crew, things just add up very quickly. Unless you are a hedge-fund kid then I don't see how a normal person can afford all that. Sure, he has some income from YouTube and his pay videos, but I am not sure how big it is and how steady they are...

P.S. Need to cut down the bullying, etc to someone who can't defend himself. I don't like how much he is charging for his pay video so I voted with my wallet instead of crying here...

I don't see anything wrong with him asking for someone who "invite" him to pay for the green fees.

If you only play for few times in a year, yeah that sounds lame, but when you play quite often, pay for travel expenses, accommodation, meal and camera crew, things just add up very quickly. Unless you are a hedge-fund kid then I don't see how a normal person can afford all that. Sure, he has some income from YouTube and his pay videos, but I am not sure how big it is and how steady they are...

P.S. Need to cut down the bullying, etc to someone who can't defend himself. I don't like how much he is charging for his pay video so I voted with my wallet instead of crying here...

When I think about this, if you invite someone to go out of their way, like 30 miles or more to come play golf with you and you don't pick up their greens fee, you're just ghetto.

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash