Does anybody miss the old Be Better Golf Youtube Show?

Bre9327

You are missing Gamble's point which I believe is interviewing and taking a variety of lessons doesn't necessarily make you a qualified instructor which is what Brendon is now holding himself out to be. No indications he's done the hard work to really have sorted out all that entails. If I'm not summarizing correctly then very happy to be corrected.

I imagine the market place will sort that out - he will either help students get better on balance or he won't.

I think I was trying to answer Gamble's point in an an obscure way, apparently. He doesn't necessarily profess to know how to fix your swing in any way.

The service he seems to provide is fully self vetted instructors to people who sign up for his classes which are taught by professionals.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brendon is not qualified to charge people for golf instruction.

With training and further experience he may be able to eventually, however his attempt to do it now is premature. He reminds me of these cryptocurrency guys on twitter trying to sell their crypto trading strategies. It is a scam that only undereducated people would fall for. Brenden has not put in the time or displayed the talent to be considered a professional.

Would you let your local gas station attendant fix your house's electric because he once installed a subwoofer in a car?

To those trying to figure out why people are so fervently attacking him: the reason there is such a revulsion towards him and Christo is because successful charlatans are stains on the communities they target.

Charlatan?!?

Where does Brendon claim to be an expert in anything? Have you looked at his web site? All the instructors and instruction that he lists are others - not himself. How is he a charlatan?

Charlatan - noun - a person falsely claiming to have a special knowledge or skill; a fraud

Let me offer an analogy. Let's say I start interviewing theoretical physicists Michio Kaku, Kip Thorne and Neil deGrasse Tyson on a stargazer YouTube channel. I do that for 2 years and at the end I apply to be a research scientist for NASA.

Do you think NASA would give me the job solely because of my YouTube channel?

Not trying to defend him or anything, but that's not quite the same thing.

He might be saying it as to teach you to "be better golf" I only hire self vetted instructors so you guys don't have to worry about wasting your money.

His site does seem to way "we will teach you" rather than "I arranged to have a pro teach you and I" type of thing, but that's possibly because he feels he's vetted out people who are charlatans so it saves you money in the long run?

https://www.bebetter...net/school.html

I doubt he's that bad at golf. There are plenty of scratch golfers in my area, and I wouldn't be surprised if he was close to it.

Just what exactly is your criteria to be considered "close to scratch"?

You are missing Gamble's point which I believe is interviewing and taking a variety of lessons doesn't necessarily make you a qualified instructor which is what Brendon is now holding himself out to be. No indications he's done the hard work to really have sorted out all that entails. If I'm not summarizing correctly then very happy to be corrected.

I imagine the market place will sort that out - he will either help students get better on balance or he won't.

I think I was trying to answer Gamble's point in an an obscure way, apparently. He doesn't necessarily profess to know how to fix your swing in any way.

The service he seems to provide is fully self vetted instructors to people who sign up for his classes which are taught by professionals.

Therein lies a big issue IMO. Brendon doesn't know what he doesn't know. He's been pursuing swing instruction that is pretty exclusively based on throwing the arms as hard as possible. How long has he been at that and how has his swing/game improved as a result? I haven't seen any of his latest stuff, but everything I saw previously would indicate that he's barking up the wrong tree.

That is not the person I would want acting as a middle man to direct the people signing up for whatever his classes are.

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

With training and further experience he may be able to eventually, however his attempt to do it now is premature. He reminds me of these cryptocurrency guys on twitter trying to sell their crypto trading strategies. It is a scam that only undereducated people would fall for. Brenden has not put in the time or displayed the talent to be considered a professional.

Would you let your local gas station attendant fix your house's electric because he once installed a subwoofer in a car?

To those trying to figure out why people are so fervently attacking him: the reason there is such a revulsion towards him and Christo is because successful charlatans are stains on the communities they target.

Charlatan?!?

Where does Brendon claim to be an expert in anything? Have you looked at his web site? All the instructors and instruction that he lists are others - not himself. How is he a charlatan?

Charlatan - noun - a person falsely claiming to have a special knowledge or skill; a fraud

Let me offer an analogy. Let's say I start interviewing theoretical physicists Michio Kaku, Kip Thorne and Neil deGrasse Tyson on a stargazer YouTube channel. I do that for 2 years and at the end I apply to be a research scientist for NASA.

Your analogy is specious.

Nevertheless... What special knowledge or skill is he claiming and what is false about it?

Where is Brendon holding himself out to be a qualified instructor (whatever "qualified" means).

Christo actually did put himself out there as an instructor so the comparison isn't fair. He even posted a video of a (terrible) lesson with a student. AFIK, Brendon hasn’t done that. He’s created a school of sorts (and he created it so he can absolutely use the word “we” in the marketing) and provides content for learning. But, again, he hasn’t listed himself as one of the instructors or put any content up of himself doing any teaching.

https://www.bebettergolf.net/lessons.html

Pretty sure that you are wrong.

Charlatan?!?

Your analogy is specious.

Nevertheless... What special knowledge or skill is he claiming and what is false about it?

Where is Brendon holding himself out to be a qualified instructor (whatever "qualified" means).

Christo actually did put himself out there as an instructor so the comparison isn't fair. He even posted a video of a (terrible) lesson with a student. AFIK, Brendon hasn’t done that. He’s created a school of sorts (and he created it so he can absolutely use the word “we” in the marketing) and provides content for learning. But, again, he hasn’t listed himself as one of the instructors or put any content up of himself doing any teaching.

Here he's giving instruction on the takeaway when he hasn't even fixed his own issues.

https://www.bebetter...et/lessons.html

$50 :cheesy:

As others noted I stopped watching his channel once he starting offering swing analysis and somehow became an "instructor"

Wait is this for real? I remember seeing this clown's videos a few years back. Seemed to constantly interrupt his guests, have mega add, and just generally be annoying. I sure hope no one actually pays for lessons lol.

Of the few videos i have seen. I couldnt agree more.

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 10.5*

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15*
Callaway Apex 18*

Titleist T150 4-GW
Titleist Vokey SM9 54* | 60*

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

When is the trackman maestro going to be on Be Better Golf

NOW THAT IS FUNNY!!!!

[size=3]Taylormade SIM Max 10.5 Hzrdus Green 70[/size]
[size=3]Taylormade M4 3 wood - Tensei White Pro[/size]
[size=3]Titleist 818 H2 Hybrid 19 - Atmos Blue[/size]
[size=3]Titleist 816 H2 Hybrid 21 - Diamana D+[/size]
[size=3]Mizuno MP-20 MMC 5-PW - $ Taper [/size]
[size=3]Callaway X forged 56, 60[/size]
[size=3]Taylormade TP Red-White Ardmore 2[/size]

https://www.bebetter...et/lessons.html

Yep, seems pretty clear Brendon and Christo are in the same camp. Anyone here pay the $50 yet?

You are wrong. He offers instruction online for a fee. Discussed in this topic and generally available information. He absolutely professes to know how to fix someone's golf swing.

I love the fellows white knighting for him without fully knowing what he is actually up too.

Are you guys getting free lessons? Maybe he doesnt charge you to play with him so you feel like you are on the "inside" circle?

If you're talking about me, I'm not doing any "white knighting". I do know him and know he's a nice guy. The things I said in my first post are all reasonable. I do admit that I didn't know he was doing lessons because when I looked at the School section on his site it was other instructors he was promoting. I still think the "charlatan" label is pretty unfair but I do see now that he's offering lessons for a price and I'm not defending against anyone's criticism of that.

Everyone started somewhere in teaching so I don’t necessarily see a huge issue with him doing so. There have been teachers with less golf experiences than him when they started. $50 for a online lessons is a little steep for his perceived lack of knowledge or experience Imo but all of his work is on his channel for you to make your own decision.

I love the fellows white knighting for him without fully knowing what he is actually up too.

Are you guys getting free lessons? Maybe he doesnt charge you to play with him so you feel like you are on the "inside" circle?

If you're talking about me, I'm not doing any "white knighting". I do know him and know he's a nice guy. The things I said in my first post are all reasonable. I do admit that I didn't know he was doing lessons because when I looked at the School section on his site it was other instructors he was promoting. I still think the "charlatan" label is pretty unfair but I do see now that he's offering lessons for a price and I'm not defending against anyone's criticism of that.

You are definitely a white knight in this case (nothing wrong with that, I get it, you are buddies, he doesnt charge you to play golf with him, etc).

Brendon is a big boy, he doesnt need his buddies to come and defend his honor. He was on this site and got himself banned for trying to skirt the sponsorship rules of the forum. I'd be willing to bet he can go ahead and pony up and become a sponsor and speak for himself if he so pleases.

You are definitely a white knight in this case (nothing wrong with that, I get it, you are buddies, he doesnt charge you to play golf with him, etc).

Brendon is a big boy, he doesnt need his buddies to come and defend his honor. He was on this site and got himself banned for trying to skirt the sponsorship rules of the forum. I'd be willing to bet he can go ahead and pony up and become a sponsor and speak for himself if he so pleases.

He'll become a sponsor if GolfWRX pays for his sponsorship fee.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

Therein lies a big issue IMO. Brendon doesn't know what he doesn't know. He's been pursuing swing instruction that is pretty exclusively based on throwing the arms as hard as possible. How long has he been at that and how has his swing/game improved as a result? I haven't seen any of his latest stuff, but everything I saw previously would indicate that he's barking up the wrong tree.

That is not the person I would want acting as a middle man to direct the people signing up for whatever his classes are.

Drew....for someone (me) who has gone back and forth on this.....are you in the core/pivot/quiet arms camp?

IMO, someone should not be teaching golf unless they absolutely know what it takes to become a great golfer. Brendon, does not. He can probably only take someone so far and probably not very far.

Imagine if a 4 index player came to him and asked for help getting to scratch. Brendon is less skilled than a 4 index player and would probably be better off taking a lesson from him instead.

Whatever driver happens to be working at the time
Some random 3 wood
My same, old irons
A few wedges...
Scotty Cameron Fastback

Drew....for someone (me) who has gone back and forth on this.....are you in the core/pivot/quiet arms camp?

I think either philosophy can and does work, depending on the player's tendencies. For ME, yes, I actively try to have pretty quiet arms in transition.

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

Yeah, tell us about the market place and googly eyes - Spauldings and cart dogging to tour impresario with a small detour here. How about we beta gamma his alpha?

If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun. - Zippy the Pinhead

Yeah, tell us about the market place and googly eyes - Spauldings and cart dogging to tour impresario with a small detour here. How about we beta gamma his alpha?

LOL, first time I've ever felt like the train just plain left without me reading a post. Sorry, but right over my head! Having said that I often remind my wife economists have upward sloping supply curves.

LOL, first time I've ever felt like the train just plain left without me reading a post. Sorry, but right over my head! Having said that I often remind my wife economists have upward sloping supply curves.

I have never felt so complimented being called a slope head ;-)

If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun. - Zippy the Pinhead

You win the internet for today.

He’s no Michael Corleone