Colorado WRX 2018

pseudoswede

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa whoa whoa. What happened?

Seriously, just dumb luck. My stand bag fell over, and when I picked it back up, the top half fell out. It was off the fairway in some hard pan, and I don't know if it landed on a rock, or something inside one of the pockets. But just a major fluke accident.

DAMN.... sorry man. You were hitting it perfect on Saturday too.

Right?! Fortunately, I had a spare shaft in my closet. Nowhere near as nice as this shaft, and it's 10g lighter, but it'll be a nice temporary solution until I can figure out what to do next. I mean, who knows, maybe I'll hit it the same either way!

Oh man, that blows. When I saw the picture at first, I figured you got pissed at the club lol.

Keep an eye on BST for another one, or post a WTB thread for it. I bet you could find another one pretty quickly.

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

Already have my 4th of July golf plans worked out. Golfing with my parents at Meadow Hills (tee times available on-line, but I had to call them to confirm) in the morning. They are both in their 70s, and they pretty much play golf (and party) every day for six straight months while in California. I think they come back here the other six months so that they can relax. It's probably been close to 10 years since I've played golf with my mom, so it will be fun.

Then it's all-you-can-eat sushi for lunch, probably a nap, dinner at their house, and then watching the fireworks in Lone Tree.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Already have my 4th of July golf plans worked out. Golfing with my parents at Meadow Hills (tee times available on-line, but I had to call them to confirm) in the morning. They are both in their 70s, and they pretty much play golf (and party) every day for six straight months while in California. I think they come back here the other six months so that they can relax. It's probably been close to 10 years since I've played golf with my mom, so it will be fun.

Then it's all-you-can-eat sushi for lunch, probably a nap, dinner at their house, and then watching the fireworks in Lone Tree.

I want all-you-can-eat sushi.

http://denver-sushi.com/

It's not the best, but for $16, it'll do. Three weeks ago, me, my mom, and my sister put away close to 130 pieces.

Broken clubs? Sushi? What is happening to this thread??? I thought maybe I was still on reddit. But then I remembered the hottest golf talk on there is about how someone likes to walk into the pro shop and ask for “one golf please”

Anyway...

So after taking that 20 minute lesson where we worked on my alignment and stance with the driver I was curious to see how I could do on my own. Hit a small bucket and what do you know, the sweet spot and I have become friends again. Driver, 3-wood (yes the one that was banished to the garage), hybrid, didn’t matter...

Playing in some silly 2 man scramble at The Ridge on Friday with a 23 handicap. Let’s see if it translates to an actual golf course

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

It's not the best, but for $16, it'll do. Three weeks ago, me, my mom, and my sister put away close to 130 pieces.

Welp, if you need me, that's where I'll be for the rest of my life. Or at least until I go to Japan again. Or California. Or Sushi Den

As some of you may know, my 3-wood is like, my favorite club in my bag.

kJsD7ue.jpg

I can't remember the last time I was this heart-broken!

Ugh - Sorry to see this. Hope it gets fixed quickly.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

Thanks for the heads up... and challenge accepted :)

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

Holy (bleep)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two incredible matches!!!!!!!!!!!

Played TPC Colorado on Saturday for the first time. Really great course, I think I'll enjoy being out there every weekend. I'd forgotten what the difference looks like between a course that is kept in awesome shape and gets barely any play, versus a public course getting hundreds of rounds a day through it. Greens rolled like perfection, which stood in sharp contrast to Riverdale Dunes on Sunday. Don't get me wrong, riverdale is a great course and the greens aren't bad, but it was night and day versus TPC and watching the ball just roll perfectly true with zero bumps the entire way to the hole.

The negatives for TPC right now I'd say are that it's a questionable walking course. Several large green-to-tee gaps in between probably 4-5 holes. #8 is a sweet peninsula green, but it's going to clog the course unless they figure out a way to build a bridge or something that lets you walk off the green and get to the next hole without backtracking past the tee box. Essentially someone has to wait to let you play the hole, then walk back to the tee box and on to the next hole because there is no cart path to the green. It's only a 150-170 yd hole, but plenty of balls will be donated to the water there and slow play even further.

Another potential questionable setup decision is the yardages for each tee. The member tees are at 6875, which is no joke on many holes, especially with the two driveable par 4's leaving a lot of yardage to spread out to the other holes. Then it drops to 6100 the next set forward. I think the 750+yd gap is going to need to be filled by a combo setup with picking some tees forward, some tees back, otherwise you're missing that 6400-6600 range that quite a few guys like to play. 6875 made several holes unreachable for my playing partner who is about a 6 handicap but older.

Besides the conditioning, I really liked the way each hole had strategy involved and lots of risk-reward holes. I went for it on one of the driveable par 4's and ended up in position for a nice pitch and putt birdie, but I'd only do that if I was feeling confident that day or desperate for a birdie, as it should be.

Thanks for the heads up... and challenge accepted :)

There is also Sushi Train up by Hampden & 25. I believe it's the same price.

The big difference is that only a few people are waiting at opening time at Sushi Train. The line to get in Sushi Katsu is about 30-40 deep before doors open.

Played TPC Colorado on Saturday for the first time. Really great course, I think I'll enjoy being out there every weekend. I'd forgotten what the difference looks like between a course that is kept in awesome shape and gets barely any play, versus a public course getting hundreds of rounds a day through it. Greens rolled like perfection, which stood in sharp contrast to Riverdale Dunes on Sunday. Don't get me wrong, riverdale is a great course and the greens aren't bad, but it was night and day versus TPC and watching the ball just roll perfectly true with zero bumps the entire way to the hole.

The negatives for TPC right now I'd say are that it's a questionable walking course. Several large green-to-tee gaps in between probably 4-5 holes. #8 is a sweet peninsula green, but it's going to clog the course unless they figure out a way to build a bridge or something that lets you walk off the green and get to the next hole without backtracking past the tee box. Essentially someone has to wait to let you play the hole, then walk back to the tee box and on to the next hole because there is no cart path to the green. It's only a 150-170 yd hole, but plenty of balls will be donated to the water there and slow play even further.

Another potential questionable setup decision is the yardages for each tee. The member tees are at 6875, which is no joke on many holes, especially with the two driveable par 4's leaving a lot of yardage to spread out to the other holes. Then it drops to 6100 the next set forward. I think the 750+yd gap is going to need to be filled by a combo setup with picking some tees forward, some tees back, otherwise you're missing that 6400-6600 range that quite a few guys like to play. 6875 made several holes unreachable for my playing partner who is about a 6 handicap but older.

Besides the conditioning, I really liked the way each hole had strategy involved and lots of risk-reward holes. I went for it on one of the driveable par 4's and ended up in position for a nice pitch and putt birdie, but I'd only do that if I was feeling confident that day or desperate for a birdie, as it should be.

This just has me salivating so much. Cannot wait until it opens up to the public in a few months. For me, 6875 sounds like a perfect yardage. I try to play close to 7,000 without reaching (or going over). Thanks for the write-up.

Any idea what the public rate's going to be?

$150 walking rate. I think they're actively trying to discourage much public play.

Completely agree on that one par three hole. When I first noticed it in the satellite photos as they were building it I kept thinking no they can't be that stupid to make you walk all the way out to the green and come all the way back. I thought for sure they were going to put a bridge or something in. That's a really bad design choice. I suspect the owners may have had more input on wanting that hole out into the water without any paths to change the view and Art may not have had a choice. Regardless, it shouldn't be a problem for pace of play. They'll be using at least 10 minute if not longer tee times.

If it's $150 to walk, maybe $175 to ride they won't get too much public play after the first year or so. It'll be interesting to see if they get enough private members to keep that pricing, but I suspect there are enough people up north willing to pay the money. I'd have already joined if I lived up in Longmont or further north. I am thinking the other private courses up north have already or are going to be losing quite a few members. One really nice benefit I see is even less people playing one of my favorite public designs in the state (Highland Meadows).

$150 walking rate. I think they're actively trying to discourage much public play.

Completely agree on that one par three hole. When I first noticed it in the satellite photos as they were building it I kept thinking no they can't be that stupid to make you walk all the way out to the green and come all the way back. I thought for sure they were going to put a bridge or something in. That's a really bad design choice. I suspect the owners may have had more input on wanting that hole out into the water without any paths to change the view and Art may not have had a choice. Regardless, it shouldn't be a problem for pace of play. They'll be using at least 10 minute if not longer tee times.

If it's $150 to walk, maybe $175 to ride they won't get too much public play after the first year or so. It'll be interesting to see if they get enough private members to keep that pricing, but I suspect there are enough people up north willing to pay the money. I'd have already joined if I lived up in Longmont or further north. I am thinking the other private courses up north have already or are going to be losing quite a few members. One really nice benefit I see is even less people playing one of my favorite public designs in the state (Highland Meadows).

Yeah. That's a once a year deal for me. It sounds like membership is reasonable, but I'm in Denver, so there's no way that'd work.

Thanks for the input on pricing, guys. We should try to get an end of the year round in as a big group out there...on a day where the wind isn't blowing 45mph.

I live in Erie also. Let me know if you ever need a playing partner.

Thanks for the review. Cheers

^For sure!

So apparently they were supposed to cap non-resident members at around 100 or 125, leaving 300 for residents. They got up to 170'ish non-resident members and are supposedly going to start waitlisting people next week while they re-evaluate whether they can take any more members before the homes get built up there.

For the design on that hole, the PGA Tour didn't want it, but someone (owners or designer? don't remember) wanted it badly enough to override them.

I'd agree with the majority of this as well. I LOVE the variety of holes/various ways you can play them; I think it'd make for a great match-play course. Plenty of birdies to be made, but also a fair bit of risk if you're hitting it in the wrong spots.

Anyone going to the Sr. Open? My buddies and I will be there tomorrow afternoon - we're going to play 18 in the morning then head down. Would love to hook up with some WRXers if you're down there.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

^For sure!

So apparently they were supposed to cap non-resident members at around 100 or 125, leaving 300 for residents. They got up to 170'ish non-resident members and are supposedly going to start waitlisting people next week while they re-evaluate whether they can take any more members before the homes get built up there.

For the design on that hole, the PGA Tour didn't want it, but someone (owners or designer? don't remember) wanted it badly enough to override them.

With 170 already, yeah they aren't going to be needing public play to pay the bills. That should easily give them a good 4-5 year cushion to get up to 400 at which point they should be self sustaining.

So I haven't been able to say anything here for a couple months now, which has been killing me, but I ended up being selected for the Cobra Connect Testing Experience!!! :yahoo: http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1656268-official-cobra-connect-testing-thread/

Basically, log a minimum of 5 rounds with Arccos360 on your current set of clubs, then go get fit for a full bag of Cobra clubs, log 10 more rounds and provide feedback.

I ended up booking a trip to San Diego in a couple weeks to do the Tour Fitting Experience for my club fitting. Crossing my fingers that I get a tour of the facility. Hey, Rickie may even stop by since he's not playing in the Deere Classic :rofl:

Check out the thread for my initial thoughts on the Arccos system.

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

So I haven't been able to say anything here for a couple months now, which has been killing me, but I ended up being selected for the Cobra Connect Testing Experience!!! :yahoo: http://www.golfwrx.c...testing-thread/

Basically, log a minimum of 5 rounds with Arccos360 on your current set of clubs, then go get fit for a full bag of Cobra clubs, log 10 more rounds and provide feedback.

I ended up booking a trip to San Diego in a couple weeks to do the Tour Fitting Experience for my club fitting. Crossing my fingers that I get a tour of the facility. Hey, Rickie may even stop by since he's not playing in the Deere Classic :rofl:

Cool. Looking at your irons stats, I'd say you need to get someone to check your 6i-9i lofts asap vs the rest of your set as there are some serious gapping issues there (unless that data is only a couple rounds)

So I haven't been able to say anything here for a couple months now, which has been killing me, but I ended up being selected for the Cobra Connect Testing Experience!!! :yahoo: http://www.golfwrx.c...testing-thread/

Cool. Looking at your irons stats, I'd say you need to get someone to check your 6i-9i lofts asap vs the rest of your set as there are some serious gapping issues there (unless that data is only a couple rounds)

Congrats on this Tim.

Agree here with your gapping. You've got 3 clubs covering 9 yards.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4