Colorado WRX 2018

pseudoswede

Whats up dudes?! (Don't think we have any ladies in the thread)

Sorry I've been MIA. The wife and I decided to quit our jobs, sell/give away everything and go travel the world for 2018! We left April 25th, spent 5 weeks in Africa and three weeks now in Vienna. Soon we will head to Germany and I will play my first round of in two months (crazy, I know.) From there it will be Prague, Amsterdam, and then make it up to Scotland by mid July.

Also, we're in Europe so how could I NOT go to the open?!?! Anyone else going to make an appearance? If so lets meet up. Hopefully we can drop an 18 on something incredible in Scotland (St. Andrews anyone?!)

I hope everyone is doing well and your game is improving. I was just thinking about you guys so I thought I would drop a line.

Enjoy the time, only live once so do it while you can. Attending the open and playing in Scotland is a "bucklist" for sure, maybe some day. Hope you get to hit the top courses over there while you have the chance.

Send some photos when you hit the links.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So changing up the discussion...sort of... anyone wanted to play golf in Montana?? In a different post someone noted Montana for family trip but GOLF had to be part of it for him. I am not sure if anyone knows how good the golf is up around Whitefish / Glacier area. *I know Southwest/Frontier have very cheap flights up to Missoula or Spokane which are both 2.5-3.0 drive over to Whitefish. Note that anywhere you go in Montana takes 3 hours to get too LOL State is huge...plus Whitefish (base camp) is awesome town to chill out after golf.

Probably not viable this year (?) but if there is ever any interest I am more then then down on setting something up.. *click the links and I sure some of you will want to go LOL

Wilderness Club https://wildernessclubmontana.com/

Indian Springs Ranch https://www.indianspringsmontana.com/

Iron Horse https://ironhorsegolfclub.com/

Northern Pines http://northernpines...golfclub.com/

Eagle Bend Golf https://eaglebendgolfclub.com/

Edit: one the links was messed up

Joel! Great to hear from you. Sounds like you're living the life. Enjoy it out there, and stay safe.

Also, I have been considering going to Missoula. I have some friends that live up there, and noticed Frontier flys there. Plus, Frontier only charges $25 to bring golf clubs on the plane. So that's definitely an option for me at some point.

Sorry I've been MIA. The wife and I decided to quit our jobs, sell/give away everything and go travel the world for 2018! We left April 25th, spent 5 weeks in Africa and three weeks now in Vienna. Soon we will head to Germany and I will play my first round of in two months (crazy, I know.) From there it will be Prague, Amsterdam, and then make it up to Scotland by mid July.

Also, we're in Europe so how could I NOT go to the open?!?! Anyone else going to make an appearance? If so lets meet up. Hopefully we can drop an 18 on something incredible in Scotland (St. Andrews anyone?!)

I hope everyone is doing well and your game is improving. I was just thinking about you guys so I thought I would drop a line.

I'm just a little bit jealous. Just a little bit.

Awesome to hear from you, and enjoy!

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Crazy...I was just talking about you yesterday. I wondered what had happened and saw that you don't have a GHIN anymore. I assume you're taking a hiatus from PGA dreams???

Enjoy life! Sounds like a heck of a trip!

Cheers,

Tim

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

Played with a kid at GVR yesterday who has played in the Colorado Open three times and has made the cut twice. Pretty awesome watching him play. He'll be playing this year as well. His ability to recover was pretty awesome, as was his putting. It's also somewhat embarrassing to have him blow it by you from the tips while you're playing from the blues lol. Joel also did that to me all the time. Very humbling!

Edel E-1

Played with a kid at GVR yesterday who has played in the Colorado Open three times and has made the cut twice. Pretty awesome watching him play. He'll be playing this year as well. His ability to recover was pretty awesome, as was his putting. It's also somewhat embarrassing to have him blow it by you from the tips while you're playing from the blues lol. Joel also did that to me all the time. Very humbling!

psuedoswede does this to me too, but then I catch up on the putting surface. :taunt:

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

Anybody wanna get out Monday? Looks like I'm gonna get rained out Sunday.

Potentially, what side of town? I'll need to check wife and kiddos schedule...

I'm in Loveland, but I'm pretty open to most of Denver as that's where I play the majority of my golf anyway.

I live in Arvada, if Thorncreek is open that would be one of my top choices. Otherwise, deals for Colorado National, Broadlands, Walnut Creek, or Coal Creek.

Way cool ... enjoy! St. Andrews is very nice and a must visit if you are nearby.

drn92

Whoa. Good for you. Are you going to Portugal at all? Lisbon is fantastic.

And let's find a way to meet up if you're in or around England in November! MNT vs. England at Wembley on 11/15, and then Italy somewhere around those parts as well. Then we're taking a few weeks to stay over and I'll have my clubs. Current plan is to explore Wales/Scotland/England a bit...but we could audible to Germany.

Joel! Great to hear from you. Sounds like you're living the life. Enjoy it out there, and stay safe.

Also, I have been considering going to Missoula. I have some friends that live up there, and noticed Frontier flys there. Plus, Frontier only charges $25 to bring golf clubs on the plane. So that's definitely an option for me at some point.

It's hilarious that they only charge $25 for clubs but $35 for a carry-on.

For anyone that was considering TPC Colorado, they opened to members last month and should be open to the public in August. Looks like a great track.

Played Bear Dance last weekend for the first time and was super impressed. Great course. Looks like I won't be the only one playing Riverdale this weekend! Have a 4-some lined up but definitely looking to expand my playing circle.

I can't wait for TPC. Congrats on your first post in 7 years!

Thanks! I have no idea why I joined so long ago and never posted, but finally made my way back here to do some research on random things. I ended up joining TPC and my first round is this Saturday. Pumped!

Anybody wanna get out Monday? Looks like I'm gonna get rained out Sunday.

Potentially, what side of town? I'll need to check wife and kiddos schedule...

I'm in Loveland, but I'm pretty open to most of Denver as that's where I play the majority of my golf anyway.

I live in Arvada, if Thorncreek is open that would be one of my top choices. Otherwise, deals for Colorado National, Broadlands, Walnut Creek, or Coal Creek.

Got informed today that I'll be working Monday, unfortunately. Definitely down to get out with ya sometime though!

Thorncreek is still closed, which is shocking to me...seems like they're missing out on a lot of revenue right now considering it's in playing condition.

Crazy...I was just talking about you yesterday. I wondered what had happened and saw that you don't have a GHIN anymore. I assume you're taking a hiatus from PGA dreams???

Enjoy life! Sounds like a heck of a trip!

Cheers,

Tim

Yeah, I felt it was time to just enjoy it and not take it too seriously. I would still like to see how good I could possibly get but if it's not possible then so be it. I think taking the pressure off my game will help it anyway :).

Also, yes I didn't renew my GHIN this year. I figured I would maybe play 5 rounds this year (after leaving obviously) so there wasn't a point in renewing it. Hopefully I get to keep my same number next year. I would like to keep my old history and I still have the number memorized. Does anyone else know how that works?

Way cool ... enjoy! St. Andrews is very nice and a must visit if you are nearby.

drn92

Lucky for us it looks like St. Andrews is only 15-20 mins from Carnoustie (where the open is.) Unfortunately it's only 15-20 minutes away so I'm sure it will be PACKED in the week before. The wife and I are already planning on taking some mountain bikes around Scotland for a week or two afterwards so we can try a week or two after and it should be much quieter.

Whoa. Good for you. Are you going to Portugal at all? Lisbon is fantastic.

And let's find a way to meet up if you're in or around England in November! MNT vs. England at Wembley on 11/15, and then Italy somewhere around those parts as well. Then we're taking a few weeks to stay over and I'll have my clubs. Current plan is to explore Wales/Scotland/England a bit...but we could audible to Germany.

Yes we definitely want to visit Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece once things cool off a bit in September.

I don't think we'll be around England at that time though. We already have plans to meet our travel buddies (a couple in Portland) in Thailand in mid-November. We will likely be in Europe until then unless money gets skimpier than expected so we have to go to Asia early. Either way it works out, hit me up before you guys leave.

I still have my phone on me and texts are free so hit me up whenever. (Only problem is I'm 8 hours ahead)

I will post golf photos when I get them. Have fun out there boys.

Joel you will be good, if I recall right its 2 or 3 years before you have to reset your GHIN number. If you change clubs, etc all you have to do is given them your current number and it moves over too. Pretty sure the prior scores/Hdcp carry over to so you may come back as the same Hdcp after all the time off =)

Edit: Looks like Colorado is 2 years...

Joel you will be good, if I recall right its 2 or 3 years before you have to reset your GHIN number. If you change clubs, etc all you have to do is given them your current number and it moves over too. Pretty sure the prior scores/Hdcp carry over to so you may come back as the same Hdcp after all the time off =)

I just realized that the really nice courses might not want someone playing that doesn't have a GHIN sooooooo I'll just renew it. Good thing I have a VPN that makes it look like I'm still in the states. Before I connected it saw the Austrian IP and immediately blocked me.

I just realized that the really nice courses might not want someone playing that doesn't have a GHIN sooooooo I'll just renew it. Good thing I have a VPN that makes it look like I'm still in the states. Before I connected it saw the Austrian IP and immediately blocked me.

The most they do is look at your physical card. Nobody looks it up online. If you have an old one, scan it in and edit the effective date and reprint and you'll be fine. Actually they would almost definitely be fine with last year's effective date too. All they are really trying to prevent is someone who has never played showing up there, which still happens a lot as many people make up their own card.

I didn't have my A game at Lone Tree yesterday, and I missed three birdie putts inside 12 feet, including one from 2 feet.

That said, I only paid $28 for walking 9 holes, and the course was in PHENOMENAL shape.

As an aside, we were talking about Breckenridge Golf Club. Twilight rate starts at 2:30pm, $85 with cart. I'm thinking about driving up there one Saturday to play, then hit Black Hawk on the way home.

I didn't have my A game at Lone Tree yesterday, and I missed three birdie putts inside 12 feet, including one from 2 feet.

That said, I only paid $28 for walking 9 holes, and the course was in PHENOMENAL shape.

As an aside, we were talking about Breckenridge Golf Club. Twilight rate starts at 2:30pm, $85 with cart. I'm thinking about driving up there one Saturday to play, then hit Black Hawk on the way home.

How did you get such a great rate there???

Edel E-1

How did you get such a great rate there???

No idea, but remember that it was only 9 holes. The guy who booked the tee times is an SSPRD employee, so maybe I was considered a non-resident guest? In reality, that only saved me $4.

Plus, the fire alarm just started going off (someone forgot something on the grill inside the kitchen), so I guess he wanted me to get out of these as soon as possible--instead I bolted to the men's room because I really had to pee. There were about 10 guys in the men's locker room lounge giving zero fks about the alarm and trying to distribute day money. haha

Irvtrain.....how did Collindale go?

I didn't get to play in the Collindale Inv. I did however play in the match play at Ravenna and had a blow up hole that cost me getting into the match play, kind of....I ended up in a 5 man playoff for one spot. I had good looks for birdie on 1 and 2 to end it and obviously missed. Then on hole 3 the remaining 3 other players birdied it and I was eliminated. One of the two high school kids in the playoff birdied the next hole to get in.

I didn't get to play in the Collindale Inv. I did however play in the match play at Ravenna and had a blow up hole that cost me getting into the match play, kind of....I ended up in a 5 man playoff for one spot. I had good looks for birdie on 1 and 2 to end it and obviously missed. Then on hole 3 the remaining 3 other players birdied it and I was eliminated. One of the two high school kids in the playoff birdied the next hole to get in.

What did you think of Ravenna? I had chance to play it a few times but could never make it work....

Played Lone Tree last weekend. It is in good shape! Much better shape than my game.

I should've said that the ultimate goal was to start at 2:30, be done with the first 18 by 6pm, then play the other 9 for $30 walking (super twilight). Be done by 8pm. 27 holes for $115 is a darn good deal.

Unfortunately, I called them yesterday, and the two weekends in July that were feasible are already booked until 3:10pm. I guess it's still doable, but extremely tight.

What did you think of Ravenna? I had chance to play it a few times but could never make it work....

It's a fun course and great piece of land. There are a lot of birdie opportunities out there and greens are in good shape. They keep the greens on the slow side due to the severe slope on the greens. The par 3s are where the course is really challenging.