2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Speed without yanking the handle?

ebrasmus21

Last September when I was posting about my trip to Bandon things turned into a mess because of fires, accidents and closed highways.

I wasn’t going to post again till after the clinic was over but the weather in PHX must really suck right now. At first my flight from Cali was delayed 30 minutes. Anyways we board the plane and I had just said hi to the lady sitting next to me (Cynthia) when the Capitan got on the horn and told us all to get off the plane for a “delay of roughly 90 minutes”. I’ve never boarded a plane and then been kicked off before.

Now I’m considering getting drunk at the bar because what else am I going to do? Not the start to the weekend I was hoping for.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Umm...ermm... well, while I'm thinking of it, with your disaster-weather-bringing skills, would it be impolite of me to ask that you remain East of I5 for the next couple years :)

We can get a round in up in Tahoe or Sac, but we don't need any earthquakes in the Bay Area ;)

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Umm...ermm... well, while I'm thinking of it, with your disaster-weather-bringing skills, would it be impolite of me to ask that you remain East of I5 for the next couple years :)

We can get a round in up in Tahoe or Sac, but we don't need any earthquakes in the Bay Area ;)

I need to be somewhere that I can’t bring harm to thousands of people.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

At least the rain finally stopped. I was washed out of a prospective round today at Mesa CC. Needless to say, I’ve been bitter all day lol

Driver: PXG Black Ops TenseiAV Raw White 65x
FWY: Sim 2 Ti w/ TenseiAV Raw Blue 75x
Hybrid: Srixon MKII 18* MMT 105x
Irons: Srixon Zx7 MKII Project X 6.5
54*: Titleist SM6 S grind black finish
58*: New Level Golf SPN Forged M Grind
Putter: Toulon San Diego

I think all your focus should be on Cynthia and all the things you can accomplish "by the time you get to Phoenix". Spend the money on her drinks, you pace yourself.

No drinks for me and no drinks for Cynthia. Don’t know where that cat went once we got off the plane. We’re boarding again soon and I’m 100% sober. Even though I’d like a drink I don’t want one bad enough to pay $11.99 for a bud light

At least the rain finally stopped. I was washed out of a prospective round today at Mesa CC. Needless to say, I’ve been bitter all day lol

What the F... Rain? What is this rain nonesense all about?

Random hostility. I can get on board with that.

Any NetFlix recommendations out there? I’ve decided on Netflix rather then causing harm to others.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

I’ve flown into PHX a dozen times or more. This place is an absolute madhouse right now.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

I’m back with Cynthia now. Gonna start pouring on the charm.

Pouring the operative word!

We watched The Big Lebowski together ;)

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Mesa CC is a really nice course, I was lucky to play it a few years back. Definitely not a desert style course, more traditional & tree lined. Some fun holes there!

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

I live north of Phoenix up in the mountains and I have 3 feet of snow in my yard. It’s so wet and heavy I can’t even shovel out of my driveway which is about 100 yards long. Consider yourselves lucky that it’s just rain. I was supposed to come down to the clinic and hang out for a little bit but can’t get out of my driveway. I am stuck. Have fun boys!

$$$$

I live north of Phoenix up in the mountains and I have 3 feet of snow in my yard. It’s so wet and heavy I can’t even shovel out of my driveway which is about 100 yards long. Consider yourselves lucky that it’s just rain. I was supposed to come down to the clinic and hang out for a little bit but can’t get out of my driveway. I am stuck. Have fun boys!

You guys aren’t really prepared for snow down there. Roads will be shutdown for awhile. Friend of mine was in Arizona couple months back and they couldn’t even drive on roads after a few inches hit because road crews hadn’t seen snow in like 10 years and didn’t have salt or plows ready

You guys aren’t really prepared for snow down there. Roads will be shutdown for awhile. Friend of mine was in Arizona couple months back and they couldn’t even drive on roads after a few inches hit because road crews hadn’t seen snow in like 10 years and didn’t have salt or plows ready

I live at 5000 feet and we get snow here every winter. We are definitely prepared for it. The storm was just so big it’s hard to stay ahead of 3 feet of heavy, wet snow. It takes a couple of days to dig out.

$$$$

Those guys have nice competitions of “who can shoot in the 80’s the most whilst being sponsored as professional golfers?”

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

Monte let us eat lunch. I never thought we’d be treated so well.

Yes, but having to take turns eating in front of everyone so they can comment on your food game is a little extreme! ;-) Coming in steep with the fork is dangerous.

That’s funny and something Monte would say.

In a nutshell here’s what happened today. We all took turns hitting in front of the group and when I got up there I hit a decent shot and Monte was nice to me. Later on, when we got to bunker shots and it was my turn my first attempt sucked. Monte gave me the “what part of make a normal golf swing don’t you understand?”

Monte is an equal-opportunist when it comes to s*** talking - he gave some out to all of us today.

It’s been fun meeting fellow WRXs and others from places far and wide. We have Californians, Arizonans, Michiganians, Canadians, South African’s by way of Canada - there’s people from all over and everyone has been awesome.

I have to make sure I get everyone’s handle but today I met the venerable:

- Schnee

- CopperJeff

- ferrispgm

- Shipwreck

- and several other WRX’ers that I need to get handles from

Really fun so far.

Monte talks a lot - don’t know how he does it.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Monte let us eat lunch. I never thought we’d be treated so well.

Yes, but having to take turns eating in front of everyone so they can comment on your food game is a little extreme! ;-) Coming in steep with the fork is dangerous.

Monte talks a lot - don’t know how he does it.

Cocaine, helluva drug

I should also be fair to Monte in all this - every single person today saw improvements. All of us have problems in our swings and as a group Monte diagnosed the key flaw for each of us. It was really fun to see people move in a new or different way and see immediate results. I think a few people had that “light-bulb” moment where a new moment of clarity was achieved and I don’t care who you are that’s a fun thing to see.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Sounds like a great group of wrxers!

Tell one of the new guys to tell Monte whatever he wants him to do feels weird, then relax and enjoy! If that has already been addressed, lol, tell a new guy Monte is a Pelz disciple (okay the poor guy or more likely me ends up with a 2 iron colonoscopy, so not smart)!

Enjoy!

Tell one of the new guys to tell Monte whatever he wants him to do feels weird, then relax and enjoy! If that has already been addressed, lol, tell a new guy Monte is a Pelz disciple (okay the poor guy or more likely me ends up with a 2 iron colonoscopy, so not smart)!

Enjoy!

Lol. I value my life so I won’t bring that up again.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

I should also be fair to Monte in all this - every single person today saw improvements. All of us have problems in our swings and as a group Monte diagnosed the key flaw for each of us. It was really fun to see people move in a new or different way and see immediate results. I think a few people had that “light-bulb” moment where a new moment of clarity was achieved and I don’t care who you are that’s a fun thing to see.

Glad to hear that you all had a good time. I’ve been to two of his clinics and it’s always both a fun and beneficial experience...

What color was Schnee’s belt...?

TaylorMade SIM Max 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
TaylorMade M5 15* - Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2TS X
Callaway 815 Alpha Hybrid 21* - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90TX
Miura Baby Blade 4-P - KBS $-Taper X
Miura Wedges - 52*, 56* - KBS $-Taper X
Callaway MD4 Tactical 60*
PXG Darkness Operator

Glad to hear that you all had a good time. I’ve been to two of his clinics and it’s always both a fun and beneficial experience...

Couldn’t tell. I’ll have to pay attention today. Being the hoe that Schnee is I had him hit my driver since he hadn’t had a chance to swing a TPT.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Couldn’t tell. I’ll have to pay attention today. Being the hoe that Schnee is I had him hit my driver since he hadn’t had a chance to swing a TPT.

LOL, like a bee to honey!

Edit: maybe it's more like a bee to nectar of a sweet flower - even though that sounds like a Chinese buffet dish, may be more appropriate. And that is not a knock on Chinese restaurant buffets! Just an observation that the dishes often have exquisite descriptions.

Enjoy!

This was literally me - "this feels really weird"

Where was my road map to avoiding Monte's wrath last summer?

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Enjoy!

This was literally me - "this feels really weird"

Where was my road map to avoiding Monte's wrath last summer?

Welcome to the party pal!

HaHa - extremely valuable teaching moment! After being introduced the year before as having the most stubborn golf swing in the history of golf, I figure somebody else can catch some!

It's almost a Helsinki Syndrome thing (two Die Hard references in one post is always a good thing) - can't tell you how many times I replay a vid from a clinic where I hit a shot (it's terrible, but the point is something is actually right) just to hear Monte's, "now we have a golf swing." Going to give it a listen now!

Smartest thing I did last year was have my daughter film Monte demonstrating a feel/drill that was a breakthrough for me and film me doing it right under Monte's direction and not taking the chance that I had "gotten it" because for a bit, it was obvious what I thought was getting it really wasn't.

Winter storm not getting me down with these clinic reports - keep them coming!