2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Speed without yanking the handle?

ebrasmus21

That's great man! How do you like The Grint? I'm thinking of using it for some basic stats.

Thanks DD!

Grint is pretty solid as far as I'm concerned. Pretty robust stat trackers, easy to use and data input is extremely fast (which I'd say is the best feature).

I'm following this thread now... always love a good story.

For the Grint, I love it I just wish they had SG18 types of stats so I can get better accuracy on measurements of improvement. Sometimes HC may stall or even go up but if I'm improving something, it may not be totally visible with just FIR GIR # putts, etc.

194y carry 7i, SMASH!!!

That’s farther and. faster than me. Not cool and I let him know it. I demand some regression to a level below me.

Maybe that should be my marketing play. “I’ll make you hit it farther than me, then you can taunt me on the internet.”

As if I didn't have enough motivation to improve my swing, now i've got this!

I don't know that I'll ever be able to step into that arena, my 7i maxed out would probably be 175y, 180y tops.

Either way, I enjoy seeing the improvement Ebrasmus.

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Great stuff! You playing much?

PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65s
Titleist TSi2 16.5* 4w - Tensei Blue - 65s

Titleist TSi2 3H (18*), 4H (21*) - Tensei Blue 65s
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H, 6H, 7H ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S; Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s400
PING Sigma 2 Valor 400 Counter-Balanced, 38"

Great stuff! You playing much?

I play more than I practice. Normal routine would be to get to the CC around sunrise and practice for an hour or so. 20 minutes on full swings, 20 minutes on short game/wedges and 20 minutes putting. Go have breakfast with the guys and then play 18.

I'll try to sneak out after work to practice when I can but that's spotty depending on how busy work is....

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Excellent work. I saw the instagram video earlier today and was like man, I worked on the same thing with Monte! My hip action was throwing everything else off so I was in a real rut. Post lesson 6i ball speeds jumped from 122ish to 133avg.

Airmailing greens is only fun for 1 round though :taunt:

I wonder what I'm going to airmail with this new move? I suppose I'll find out soon enough.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

This thread is such click bait. Lol

In a good way or a bad way? I don’t actually think I’m a Kardashian.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

How much are you focused on the gym, eating right and sleep?

Also, how much of the course management lessons from DECADE have you implemented? I have cut 3-4 strokes by just missing in the right places. For instance on all tee shots, I mark a 60yd wide area between left and right trouble at 250-260 yards and aim at the middle knowing 98% of my drives will end up in that variance. If there’s not a 60yd wide area, I club down off the tee as needed. Also, I rarely ever short side myself and miss to the wide side of the green. Makes getting up and down much easier.

Before Phoenix you need to address a few things. One - don't wear those green shorts ever again - you want to be scratch, look scratch. Two - go full Stallings on reworking your body - think buff, look buff. Three - now is the time to negotiate a a testimonial fee, say a sleeve of lady precept (any color). Four - up your caffeine intake - quad shot venti white mocha, at least 3 times a day (hey, i part time there so i need to shill a bit). Five - practice your autograph, make it legible or Arnie will haunt you.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

How much are you focused on the gym, eating right and sleep?

Also, how much of the course management lessons from DECADE have you implemented? I have cut 3-4 strokes by just missing in the right places. For instance on all tee shots, I mark a 60yd wide area between left and right trouble at 250-260 yards and aim at the middle knowing 98% of my drives will end up in that variance. If there's not a 60yd wide area, I club down off the tee as needed. Also, I rarely ever short side myself and miss to the wide side of the green. Makes getting up and down much easier.

Those are the biggest things I've taken away from Decade. Understanding, or being aware, of my shot pattern and using it on the course. As Scott says staying patient and accepting what the round gives.

Another big thing I've taken from Decade that I'm still terrible at is being fully committed to each shot. That is a truly difficult thing to achieve and something I'm continually working on.

Fitness, sleep and diet -- I'm not as focused as I was in my 20s. When I was younger I was extremely focused on diet and exercise. As I've gotten older I've started to lose some of that - it haunts me and I think about it all the time because it really was a huge part of my life for many years.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Before Phoenix you need to address a few things. One - don't wear those green shorts ever again - you want to be scratch, look scratch. Two - go full Stallings on reworking your body - think buff, look buff. Three - now is the time to negotiate a a testimonial fee, say a sleeve of lady precept (any color). Four - up your caffeine intake - quad shot venti white mocha, at least 3 times a day (hey, i part time there so i need to shill a bit). Five - practice your autograph, make it legible or Arnie will haunt you.

My old basketball shorts? Man, I've had those since college - their an extension of myself.

I'm already a caffeine junkie.

I've never been jacked but I was pretty svelte in my 20s.

If I were famous enough to give out an autograph Arnie would surely roll over in his grave.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Today I’ve seen Tiger use the leading edge playing little shots around the greens. Why would Tiger expose the leading edge like that playing touch shots - even when he has a nice lie?

On the 4th hole at Riv just now Tiger had a nice lie just past the green and used the leading edge rather than the bounce of his wedge.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Today I’ve seen Tiger use the leading edge playing little shots around the greens. Why would Tiger expose the leading edge like that playing touch shots - even when he has a nice lie?

On the 4th hole at Riv just now Tiger had a nice lie just past the green and used the leading edge rather than the bounce of his wedge.

Having played Riviera a few times while growing up, my guess is the type of grass. I love using the bounce for touch shots on Bermuda and rye, but the turf at Riviera always seemed to lend itself to a more squared up shot.

WITB:
Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5* Kuro Kage Silver TINI 70s
FW: Ping G25 4 wood Kuro Kage Silver TINI 80s
Utility: 20* King Forged Utility One Length C Taper Lite S
Irons: King Forged One Length 4-PW C Taper Lite S
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin 50, 54, 58
Putter: Custom Directed Force Reno 2.0 48" 80* Lie Side Saddle

Because on chips around the green the leading edge is what is interacting with the turf. Get a little longer shot and it starts to move more to the rear part of the sole.

Because he wants to emulate my short game*. I am a master of both the chunk and stop (when I have lots of green to work with) and the blade and run when short-sided.

I approve of his performance in the video below, but his B&R needs 50 MPH more ball speed to match mine.

http://youtu.be/oMSPFHb4Jms

*or maybe what FWP said

Because on chips around the green the leading edge is what is interacting with the turf. Get a little longer shot and it starts to move more to the rear part of the sole.

Maybe it just looked weird to me because of the fabled kikuyu grass catching the edge.

Because he wants to emulate my short game*. I am a master of both the chunk and stop (when I have lots of green to work with) and the blade and run when short-sided.

I approve of his performance in the video below, but his B&R needs 50 MPH more ball speed to match mine.

http://youtu.be/oMSPFHb4Jms

*or maybe what FWP said

Haha, how freaking dare you post that video!

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Depends on the shot he is trying to hit....to hit a low skipping check shot or a low runner you need to use the leading edge more unless you change clubs. He also uses the bounce quite a bit on pitches around the green. I believe Tiger pretty much uses a 56 or 60 wedge almost exclusively around the green and doesn't go down to 8 irons, 9 irons, etc. very often.

Driver: PXG Black Ops TenseiAV Raw White 65x
FWY: Sim 2 Ti w/ TenseiAV Raw Blue 75x
Hybrid: Srixon MKII 18* MMT 105x
Irons: Srixon Zx7 MKII Project X 6.5
54*: Titleist SM6 S grind black finish
58*: New Level Golf SPN Forged M Grind
Putter: Toulon San Diego

Depends on the shot he is trying to hit....to hit a low skipping check shot or a low runner you need to use the leading edge more unless you change clubs. He also uses the bounce quite a bit on pitches around the green. I believe Tiger pretty much uses a 56 or 60 wedge almost exclusively around the green and doesn't go down to 8 irons, 9 irons, etc. very often.

I’ve definitely seen him use the bounce before just thought it was interesting seeming him dig the edge in on such a tough turf.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Didn’t realize the thread has been up for 1 year now.

It’s kind of grotesque to look at but check out the progression. Swing is different.

Before lessons:

Latest Lesson w/Monte:

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Just awesome man!! What are your goals?

Goal from the beginning has been to get to scratch. Still have a long ways to go.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

I wouldn’t say grotesque.

I’d say more like an attractive woman when she first wakes up the the morning. A bit disheveled and ratty.

You just needed some makeup and hair products...and as has been chronicled on this forum, I am an expert in hair products.

All "tips" are welcome. Instruction not desired. 

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

I wouldn’t say grotesque.

I’d say more like an attractive woman when she first wakes up the the morning. A bit disheveled and ratty.

You just needed some makeup and hair products...and as has been chronicled on this forum, I am an expert in hair products.

I’ve lost so much hair that I don’t need product but I use it anyway....

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Just awesome man!! What are your goals?

Goal from the beginning has been to get to scratch. Still have a long ways to go.

race ya? :P

What’s your index now, rich?

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Think scratch, dress scratch, be scratch

Golf-Fan-Dressed-Like-Golfer.jpg

Anyone you know?

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

Think scratch, dress scratch, be scratch

Golf-Fan-Dressed-Like-Golfer.jpg

Anyone you know?

I’m “The Tailgater”.. Like to keep the guys in my group just a little nervous when I’m driving a cart. ;)

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Winter in Wisconsin so have not posted any scores since October. Left off at 6.2. Driver is 10-15 yards farther since then and my irons and wedges are substantially better. If I had to guess right now I would say I’m between a 3-4 with how I played down in Alabama a few weeks ago. Won’t know for sure until I can start playing again up here. Would love to play a round with you some day! Let’s make scratch happen!