Speed without yanking the handle?

ebrasmus21

Concerning Meatloaf, did he have someone to sing his duets or was he a solo act? I may have to consider the dunes just based on the post round entertainment. Glad you had a great time. My golf buddy trips were never dull. Both on and off the course.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

Concerning Meatloaf, did he have someone to sing his duets or was he a solo act? I may have to consider the dunes just based on the post round entertainment. Glad you had a great time. My golf buddy trips were never dull. Both on and off the course.

You didn't hear about his residency at Bandon? :drinks:

The meatloaf is as good as they say. I should have Schnee'd it and taken a picture. Way too big for me to finish.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

• 4 weeks later...

Over the summer I got my handicap back down to 4. Going back in time, when I started this thread I had my handicap go from 4 all the way up to 12 when my game fell apart. Anyways I'm back down to 4 but I can't seem to break through that plateau.

During this journey of getting to a scratch handicap I've:

• Taken lessons for the first time in my life
  • Practiced for the first time in my life
  • Taken a more focused approach to playing than ever before

All of this has gotten me back to where I stared but now I really need to regroup to make the jump to a lower handicap than 4. I've been learning this year to not just beat a bunch of balls on the range but rather to really focus on quality practice time and quality practice reps as opposed to quantity of practice.

I've always sucked at shortgame and after purchasing Monte's use the bounce 2.0 I actually think I'll get to point where my shortgame is a strength of my game. My game around the greens has never been better.

Alright so, anyways, that's a update to where I'm at. I'm convinced that I can't improve my handicap till I improve my ball striking - I'll never get to 0.0 until I can hit more fairways and more greens. As much as I've been enjoying practicing my short-game I think I need to focus on ball striking for the time being.

Here is my latest action with a 9i. I still hate the way I rotate into the ball - it feels like my arms are way behind my pivot.

http://www.youtube.c...bed/M5TMRPIU86c

https://www.youtube....bed/KQyvwhwS4Wo

*EDIT* Youtube, in it's infinite wisdom, has changed it's sharing capabilities. Anyone who knows how to share/embed links please share with me.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Over the summer I got my handicap back down to 4. Going back in time, when I started this thread I had my handicap go from 4 all the way up to 12 when my game fell apart. Anyways I'm back down to 4 but I can't seem to break through that plateau.

All of this has gotten me back to where I stared but now I really need to regroup to make the jump to a lower handicap than 4. I've been learning this year to not just beat a bunch of balls on the range but rather to really focus on quality practice time and quality practice reps as opposed to quantity of practice.

I've always sucked at shortgame and after purchasing Monte's use the bounce 2.0 I actually think I'll get to point where my shortgame is a strength of my game. My game around the greens has never been better.

Alright so, anyways, that's a update to where I'm at. I'm convinced that I can't improve my handicap till I improve my ball striking - I'll never get to 0.0 until I can hit more fairways and more greens. As much as I've been enjoying practicing my short-game I think I need to focus on ball striking for the time being.

Here is my latest action with a 9i. I still hate the way I rotate into the ball - it feels like my arms are way behind my pivot.

*EDIT* Youtube, in it's infinite wisdom, has changed it's sharing capabilities. Anyone who knows how to share/embed links please share with me.

First look at your posture in the dtl view ,You have a case of "c posture".p]ease refer to the TPI link below

http://www.mytpi.com/improve-my-game/swing-characteristics/c-posture_v2

Second ,you need to flare your ;left foot MORE towards the target.This will facilitate rotation

Excessive lateral movement going down is the enemy of rotation.Just look at your lead leg at impact (front view) compared to Tiger's

the enemy of rptation

First look at your posture in the dtl view ,You have a case of "c posture".p]ease refer to the TPI link below

http://www.mytpi.com...cs/c-posture_v2

Second ,you need to flare your ;left foot MORE towards the target.This will facilitate rotation

Excessive lateral movement going down is the enemy of rotation.Just look at your lead leg at impact (front view) compared to Tiger's

the enemy of rptation

I had a case of S-spine earlier this year so I suppose I've gone too much in the other direction. I've noticed the C-spine but just kind of gone with it thus far.

Regarding Tiger's impact position - I agree it looks quite different from mine. I don't see Tiger's lead foot being flared out a lot more than mine, however. I think I've always been over active in my lateral move in transition it's kind of like it's in my swing DNA. I'm also 6'4 so maybe that has something to do with it?

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Awesome job working your handicap back down.

If you dont mind 2 cents of commentary on your swing....

I think your issues start with your backswing. Looks like you big time fake your hip turn going back. Most likely contributes to your slide in the downswing, and issues with leaving the arms behind.

Golfing Ginger
So glad I picked an outside activity...

Awesome job working your handicap back down.

If you dont mind 2 cents of commentary on your swing....

I think your issues start with your backswing. Looks like you big time fake your hip turn going back. Most likely contributes to your slide in the downswing, and issues with leaving the arms behind.

Can you expand on that?

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

What I'm seeing regarding the "fake hip turn" ...

During the backswing your right hip starts to turn back, like you are pressuring your right heel. Then instead of continuing to turn, looks like you extend out of hip flexion while dropping the left hip. Pretty sure you therefore increase left side bend to help finish your shoulder turn. As a result, at the top of your backswing, you have a lot of flex remaining in the right knee, little hip depth and an awkward position to try and pivot from without a massive hip slide.

Deeper right hip on the backswing, allowing less knee flex from the right knee is probably a good place to start. Pressure should feel radically different at the top of your backswing if you do that.

Golfing Ginger

Ditto the hips. Like your overall move. Work looks to have paid off, imo. Consider how you are or are not using the ground. I'd consider doing some single leg (lead leg) swing to get a sense of how the lead leg loads and unloads during the downswing (called the flamingo drill with trail leg pulled back and up on your toe). Time for a lesson?

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

Ditto the hips. Like your overall move. Work looks to have paid off, imo. Consider how you are or are not using the ground. I'd consider doing some single leg (lead leg) swing to get a sense of how the lead leg loads and unloads during the downswing (called the flamingo drill with trail leg pulled back and up on your toe). Time for a lesson?

Definitely time for a lesson!

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Monte has a pressure mat. Have you been on it?

Enjoy every sandwich

#kwonified

Monte has a pressure mat. Have you been on it?

I’ve never been on a pressure mat and I was just telling Monte I hope to see him for another lesson before the end of the year.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Had an online lesson with Dan and zero'd in on why my pivot is so sloppy. P-4 my lead knee caves in and gets stuck behind my lead hip this creates a ripple effect throughout the rest of my swing. Because my lead leg isn't working properly it's also affecting my trail leg where my trail leg has a tendency to fire/cave right away rather than staying back.

Dan was explaining how this makes it really difficult to clear my left side enough and at the right time. The lead/left knee needs to stay in front of the lead hip in order to help the pivot clear properly. If Dan happens to read this post maybe he can describe it more eloquently than I have.

My homework is to work on getting a nice full turn/full pivot but not allow my lead knee to cave in - that's the first part. The second part of my homework is to keep my hip depth as I start the downswing. My right knee, leg, hip fires right away and I lose depth and lose room for my arms coming into the ball. My trail side should improve right away if I clean up the lead side.

Dan if you see this please correct me if I'm incorrect anywhere.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Are you keeping stats of your actual rounds of golf?

PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65s
Titleist TSi2 16.5* 4w - Tensei Blue - 65s

Titleist TSi2 3H (18*), 4H (21*) - Tensei Blue 65s
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H, 6H, 7H ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S; Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s400
PING Sigma 2 Valor 400 Counter-Balanced, 38"

I’ve started using Decade. My ballstriking starts are horrible.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Ive started using Decade. My ballstriking starts are horrible.

How many rounds have you tracked? And what are the stats so far?

I’ve started using Decade. My ballstriking starts are horrible.

How many rounds have you tracked? And what are the stats so far?

I only have 8 rounds posted so far. I'm slightly ashamed to be posting such poor ballstriking stats but I'll post so of the decade stuff.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

One of the worst stats I have going right now is Strokes Gained Driving: -5.46

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Not quite sure what I'm looking at there. What are the check marks and what are the x's?

Not quite sure what I'm looking at there. What are the check marks and what are the x's?

Red x’s mean I’m underperforming based on my average score relative to those aspects of the game. So I’m ballstriking like someone that shoots in the mid 80s. But the green checks mean I’m over performing so in some of those short game or putting categories I’ve been performing like a scratch golfer. Does that help?

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

If you look above, they’re in columns based on score. 68 or better 69-71, 72-74, etc etc... So his gir has an X under 83+ meaning based on his stats, he’s hitting greens like someone who shoots 83 or higher. On strokes gained putting he has a check under 72-74 which means he putts as well as a guy who shoots those scores. Decade puts a check on the good things you do, circle on average and X on bad.

If you look above, they’re in columns based on score. 68 or better 69-71, 72-74, etc etc... So his gir has an X under 83+ meaning based on his stats, he’s hitting greens like someone who shoots 83 or higher. On strokes gained putting he has a check under 72-74 which means he putts as well as a guy who shoots those scores. Decade puts a check on the good things you do, circle on average and X on bad.

Yep, so my ballstriking sucks pretty much across the board. But to be fair I’ve been working on my swing the entire year....

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

How in the world is your proximity from 75-100 fairway at 8.5 feet and yet you've only hit 30% of greens from same distance/fairway.

Anomaly of only having 8 rounds?

Not sure. Maybe I entered some data incorrectly or maybe it’s an anomaly or both.

The data might not mean much at this point with so few rounds.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

How in the world is your proximity from 75-100 fairway at 8.5 feet and yet you've only hit 30% of greens from same distance/fairway.

Not sure. Maybe I entered some data incorrectly or maybe it's an anomaly or both.

It's interesting either way. Be really cool once you get more data put together.

Golfing Ginger

If you look above, they're in columns based on score. 68 or better 69-71, 72-74, etc etc... So his gir has an X under 83+ meaning based on his stats, he's hitting greens like someone who shoots 83 or higher. On strokes gained putting he has a check under 72-74 which means he putts as well as a guy who shoots those scores. Decade puts a check on the good things you do, circle on average and X on bad.

Yep, so my ballstriking sucks pretty much across the board. But to be fair I've been working on my swing the entire year....

Yes don't beat yourself up. You've made big changes and continue so most of your practice has been improvement focused instead of repeatability. Hopefully getting your hip/leg movement improved will be a final piece and let you practice more for repeatability. FYI, Tyler has a video on improve or repeat and he advocates that practice has to contain sessions just focused on repeatability - sited a study by Jon Sinclair so when you are at your fitting maybe some small talk?

Enjoy every sandwich

#kwonified

Not sure. Maybe I entered some data incorrectly or maybe it's an anomaly or both.

It's interesting either way. Be really cool once you get more data put together.

Hardest part is staying motivated to track and record all my shots when playing poorly

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

If you look above, they're in columns based on score. 68 or better 69-71, 72-74, etc etc... So his gir has an X under 83+ meaning based on his stats, he's hitting greens like someone who shoots 83 or higher. On strokes gained putting he has a check under 72-74 which means he putts as well as a guy who shoots those scores. Decade puts a check on the good things you do, circle on average and X on bad.

Yep, so my ballstriking sucks pretty much across the board. But to be fair I've been working on my swing the entire year....

Yes don't beat yourself up. You've made big changes and continue so most of your practice has been improvement focused instead of repeatability. Hopefully getting your hip/leg movement improved will be a final piece and let you practice more for repeatability. FYI, Tyler has a video on improve or repeat and he advocates that practice has to contain sessions just focused on repeatability - sited a study by Jon Sinclair so when you are at your fitting maybe some small talk?

Do you have a link to that Tyler video? I’ll be sure to ask Jon about it when I’m there.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Do you have a link to that Tyler video? I'll be sure to ask Jon about it when I'm there.

I do but it's on his pay site not youtube. http://golfsmartacademy.com/golf-instruction/improve-or-repeat/

if you aren't a member you can take a free 7 day trial and see more than 45 secs of it or any other video.

Enjoy every sandwich

#kwonified

Hardest part is staying motivated to track and record all my shots when playing poorly

People who have read his stuff will know who I am parroting, but this is a bit of a mental red flag. Playing poorly or bad shots are providing you with valuable feedback as to what you need to improve, especially if you are entering it into a stats package.

I know where you are coming from and it's because of how much you want it, but am I correct in guessing that you are pretty miserable after even an average but definitely a poor round?