(NO BuySellTrade POSTS) (NO POLITICS!) PXG for Heros - special offering to military/active duty/reti

tanker44

Buddy of mine ordered a set today via Hero and I piggy backed a hybrid with Evenflow 85hy in there to save on shipping... looking forward to adding it to the mix

Qi10 10.5LS AD-DI 6s
Ping G430 15* Max AD-DI 7s

Ping G430 19* Hybrid AD-DI85s
Srixon MKii Utility 4 22* AD-DI85s

Srixon ZX5 5-6, ZX7 7-PW Modus 120s

PXG SDII 58/54 S400 TI, Ping Glide 4.0 50 

Cameron 35in Custom Shop M1 Button Back 
Stitch SL2 Blue Camo

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was Evenflow handcrafted version?

You cannot tell in the picture on the site, so I doubt it but there are others here who have ordered the same setup so I am sure someone can confirm.

Qi10 10.5LS AD-DI 6s

Stitch SL2 Blue Camo

I can confirm their QC and CS are lacking. I just received my second order using the heroes program. The first order they sent the wrong hybrid headcover and messed up on the length of my 8-LW irons. They were going to send the right HC but took 3 weeks with multiple calls do so. Their solution to the iron length issue was to take to a fitter to be measured and verified, even though I sent a picture showing there was a clear length difference between the 7i and 8i. A fitter is almost 1.5 hours away from me. Opened my second set today and the SF shaft in my 5i had 3 fairly large paint chips that should have been caught by QC. Their solution was for me to send the 5i back (they would provide shipping label) and will replace the shaft and send back. I'm playing tomorrow and this weekend. In frustration I agreed and the rep was to send a shipping label via email. 7 hours later and I still haven't received the shipping label. I'm honestly thinking about calling back tomorrow and demanding they build me a new one while I use the current 5i. Will send the latter back when I receive the new 5i. Am I asking too much here? I'm getting frustrated!

I can confirm their QC and CS are lacking. I just received my second order using the heroes program. The first order they sent the wrong hybrid headcover and messed up on the length of my 8-LW irons. They were going to send the right HC but took 3 weeks with multiple calls do so. Their solution to the iron length issue was to take to a fitter to be measured and verified, even though I sent a picture showing there was a clear length difference between the 7i and 8i. A fitter is almost 1.5 hours away from me. Opened my second set today and the SF shaft in my 5i had 3 fairly large paint chips that should have been caught by QC. Their solution was for me to send the 5i back (they would provide shipping label) and will replace the shaft and send back. I'm playing tomorrow and this weekend. In frustration I agreed and the rep was to send a shipping label via email. 7 hours later and I still haven't received the shipping label. I'm honestly thinking about calling back tomorrow and demanding they build me a new one while I use the current 5i. Will send the latter back when I receive the new 5i. Am I asking too much here? I'm getting frustrated!

Just confirmed this myself yesterday. I had played about 4 rounds with my irons and something just seemed off. Some shots seemed really good while others not so much. I don't pretend to put a perfect swing on it every time but again something just seemed off. My buddy owns a golf shop so it was easy to swing by and have the lofts and lies checked. Some of the clubs had lies off by as many as 3 degrees and none of the lofts were what I had ordered. Played again yesterday after the fix and they were much more consistent. I really want to love these irons...we'll see where it goes from here. The one thing I was told at the golf shop is that PXG are really soft and I may want to have the loft and lie checked regularly throughout the season. Oh las but not least...the 5 and 6 iron were 1/2" longer than ordered as well.

Ping G430 LST (GD AD IZ} 10° 
Titleist TSr 2 FW (GD AD DI) 14.5°
Titleist TSr 2 Hybrid (GD AD DI) 18° 
Ping i530 5-UW (KBS Tour S 120)
Ping S159 52° & 57°, Glide Pro 62°
Ping PLD Anser D 

Well, this isn't making me feel good about ordering PXG irons.

I was hoping ONE of the manufacturers could be trusted to build their clubs to spec.

Also I called to check on the status of my order and they told me they're changing to production today and should ship next week. Kind of annoyed at how long they're taking comparative to other companies - so the build better be perfect.

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

Just confirmed this myself yesterday. I had played about 4 rounds with my irons and something just seemed off. Some shots seemed really good while others not so much. I don't pretend to put a perfect swing on it every time but again something just seemed off. My buddy owns a golf shop so it was easy to swing by and have the lofts and lies checked. Some of the clubs had lies off by as many as 3 degrees and none of the lofts were what I had ordered. Played again yesterday after the fix and they were much more consistent. I really want to love these irons...we'll see where it goes from here. The one thing I was told at the golf shop is that PXG are really soft and I may want to have the loft and lie checked regularly throughout the season. Oh las but not least...the 5 and 6 iron were 1/2" longer than ordered as well.

Sorry to hear. Hopefully your experience with CS goes better then mine. I call back today and they were persistent that only thing they could do is have me send back and they replace the shaft and return. About a week or so I’ll be without a 5i.

Sorry to hear. Hopefully your experience with CS goes better then mine. I call back today and they were persistent that only thing they could do is have me send back and they replace the shaft and return. About a week or so I'll be without a 5i.

There will be no call to CS by me. Pretty sure it would fall on deaf ears or I might get a "We're sorry". Bottom line is that they have my money and there is no leverage to make them do anything about it. I still feel I received a decent product for a good price (compared to full retail). I would hate to think that somebody who went through a full fitting and spent $2500-$3000 for a set of irons would get this kind of quality control. I was able to fix their mistake at no cost to myself, but I would be hesitant if you don't at least have access to check their work.

Ping PLD Anser D 

• 3 weeks later...

To back up JDMRN81's QC comments.... I have had mine now for a month and although they were good something was just off. I took them to my local guy with Mitchel digital machine and every iron was 2-3* upright. Flattened them out some for another $30 and now have a totally different set of irons! No more toe pulls.

Qi10 10.5LS AD-DI 6s

Stitch SL2 Blue Camo

To back up JDMRN81's QC comments.... I have had mine now for a month and although they were good something was just off. I took them to my local guy with Mitchel digital machine and every iron was 2-3* upright. Flattened them out some for another $30 and now have a totally different set of irons! No more toe pulls.

Glad you figured it out. I’ll be honest I’ve been extremely put off by my experience. I’m still without a 5i for past 2 weeks due to multiple chips on the steelfiber shaft. Sent out next day air and they’re supposed to send back next day air. ?

I did eventually send an Email letting them know that the specs I ordered were not what I received. I was very surprised buy their response...

James Russo <
>

Hello Sir,

Thank you for reaching out. I apologize that you were not satisfied with the build of your clubs. I will tell you that we calibrate our loft/lie machines twice a week and most times when clubs are measured on a different lie machine they will read very differently. As for the lengths of the clubs, we use a USGA plate with a 60 degree slant to measure the length of our clubs. If there is anything you need in the future, we would be happy to help.

Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Ping PLD Anser D 

I did eventually send an Email letting them know that the specs I ordered were not what I received. I was very surprised buy their response...

James Russo <
>

Hello Sir,

Thank you for reaching out. I apologize that you were not satisfied with the build of your clubs. I will tell you that we calibrate our loft/lie machines twice a week and most times when clubs are measured on a different lie machine they will read very differently. As for the lengths of the clubs, we use a USGA plate with a 60 degree slant to measure the length of our clubs. If there is anything you need in the future, we would be happy to help.

Have a nice day.

Thanks,

When I called about my specs being off on first set I got the same. Was told if I wanted to take to a fitter to get rechecked I could or send in on my dime (they would reimburse if specs were off). Closest fitter was over an hour from me. I ended up just adjusting myself.

My wife and I are business owners and customer satisfaction is our number #1 priority. If a mistake was made the customer gets taken care of. Even though I now love my irons, I’m seriously thinking about dumping all of my PXG equipment out of principle. Some might think that’s being dramatic, but I’m having a hard time supporting a company with mediocre QC and poor CS.

Anyone receive an order without an extra gift in it? divot tool, ball marker, hat etc? My friend just got his, which was a big order and he didn't have anything extra in his box. Just curious

Qi10 10.5LS AD-DI 6s

Stitch SL2 Blue Camo

Anyone receive an order without an extra gift in it? divot tool, ball marker, hat etc? My friend just got his, which was a big order and he didn't have anything extra in his box. Just curious

I got nothing. Was hoping for the divot tool just because i thought they looked cool. But am totally satisfied with the process, order, and quality of clubs. Gotta figure out these new irons as they haven’t been plug and play yet for me, but they sure do look purdy

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

Been able to buy a whole setup at Heroes Program prices is enough of a gift for me.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

I got a divot tool but my buddy had a bigger order and got zero

Qi10 10.5LS AD-DI 6s

Stitch SL2 Blue Camo

Nothing additional in my box at arrival. NBD. Now I have to figure out how to hit these things, the learning curve is massive coming from my old setup to the new

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

Nothing additional in my box at arrival. NBD. Now I have to figure out how to hit these things, the learning curve is massive coming from my old setup to the new

I understand the feeling. I’m going to go from Titleist AP1 (First Release) to XF irons, but I guess is not such a bad problem to have, lol....

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

I’m going for J40 CB’s with Steelfiber 110 to 0311T with $-Taper.

Weight is different (120 v 110), half inch additional in shaft length and coming from no kick to a major kick has also made it strange. So lots of changes

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

The only adjusting I have had to deal with is these being a solid club longer in short irons and maybe 1.5 in the 5 and 6 compared to my iBlades. Yes, I know the lofts are a little stronger, but they feel amazing! Missed forged irons

Qi10 10.5LS AD-DI 6s

Stitch SL2 Blue Camo

• 2 weeks later...

Based on your experience, How long does it take for a driver to be built and shipped?

They're quoting around 15 business days for orders right now, give or take a day or two. I didn't order a driver, but I did order a single club - a 5 iron to complement my current set of 0311XF.

I'm on day 15 (11 business days), so hoping to get it soon. Patience is not a virtue of mine. :)

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

Just ordered a 3w with a Tensei Pro Blue for less than what it costs for a Tensei Pro Blue. As long as what I ordered is what comes in the box, I'll be a very happy camper.

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)