Titleist's new TS 2 & TS 3 driver - shot @ 2018 US Open

GolfWRX

I got the TS2. How do I know what weight Titleist added to accommodate 45"? Mine is blank, but red outline.

I picked up my TS3 last night that was ordered at 45" with a +2 weight. Swing weight came out to D4.

What I'm curious about is how you know it's a +2 weight? Mine doesn't say anything.

See below pic. The weights are color coded but should also be marked. Hopefully this clears up a lot of the swing weight questions.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the TS2. How do I know what weight Titleist added to accommodate 45"? Mine is blank, but red outline.

I picked up my TS3 last night that was ordered at 45" with a +2 weight. Swing weight came out to D4.

What I'm curious about is how you know it's a +2 weight? Mine doesn't say anything.

Mine says +2g on the weight and has red bands on it

Titleist TSi3 9* | Project X HZRDUS Gen 4 70 6.5

Callaway AI Smoke ◆◆◆ 3 wood 15* | Project X Denali Black 70 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19* | Mitsubishi Tensei 1k Black 85tx

Callaway Apex TCB 21' 4-A | KBS $-Taper S+

Callaway Jaws 54* S-Grind | True Temper Dynamic Gold S400

Callaway Jaws Raw 58* Z-GrindTrue Temper Dynamic Gold S400

Taylormade Spider X 

Then it is just the standard weight.

I think you may be comparing apples and oranges. Ts2 vs ts3 weights. Ts2 weights look like the 915 weights with color coding vs text on the 917 and ts3. Just my observation, no expert on the matter.

Then it is just the standard weight.

I think you may be comparing apples and oranges. Ts2 vs ts3 weights. Ts2 weights look like the 915 weights with color coding vs text on the 917 and ts3. Just my observation, no expert on the matter.

You're right, I didn't see that he had a TS2.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

See below pic. The weights are color coded but should also be marked. Hopefully this clears up a lot of the swing weight questions.

I was a little late with my last reply. This clears it up and confirms my observations.

I was a little late with my last reply. This clears it up and confirms my observations.

Thanks! Next question...how do you know the difference between +2 and -4...both look the same?

What I’m curious about is how you know it’s a +2 weight? Mine doesn’t say anything.

It will have a +2 pictured on the weight itself when you take it out of the weight port. If it does not then it is a standard weight.

Just got the call from the Pro Shop, my TS3 has arrived!

That's a good excuse to head off work early right?

When did you order? Curious how long it took to come in. Ordered mine on Monday and am thinking I will get sometime next week.

I ordered on 9/25 and everything got delivered on 10/3. I'm also in California, so the shipping time is probably less than it would be to get to Florida.

Titleist TSi3 9* | Project X HZRDUS Gen 4 70 6.5

Callaway AI Smoke ◆◆◆ 3 wood 15* | Project X Denali Black 70 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19* | Mitsubishi Tensei 1k Black 85tx

Callaway Apex TCB 21' 4-A | KBS $-Taper S+

Callaway Jaws 54* S-Grind | True Temper Dynamic Gold S400

Callaway Jaws Raw 58* Z-GrindTrue Temper Dynamic Gold S400

Taylormade Spider X 

What I’m curious about is how you know it’s a +2 weight? Mine doesn’t say anything.

It will have a +2 pictured on the weight itself when you take it out of the weight port. If it does not then it is a standard weight.

I’m good to go!

I went to a Titleist Thursday event today and my results were really good. I’ll start by saying I'm not properly fit for my current setups, but I put a Motore TS 7.2 in my 917 D3 S driver and the same shaft in my 915 F 16.5 but in Xstiff. Not sure if they’re ideal, but the performance on the course has been good. I’ve recently noticed that the weight and flex has been a little to much for me because I’m getting older and only get to play once a month.

This was only a 45 minute fitting, so I don’t have all the numbers. We were on a range with Trackman and ProV1X balls. I’m going off of memory and what the fitter was telling me after each hit.

We started with my 917 D3 Motore 7.2 TS and hit about 5 balls. Averaged around 145 mph BS and carry around 245 yds. I noticed that I have been losing disctance over the years and I use to be around 162 BS back in 2011/2012.

I tried the drivers a few times in the store and preferred the HZRDUS Smoke, so we only went with that shaft. The fitter put together the TS2 9.5 Smoke 60 45” combo and I hit a few. After a couple swings, he said “I’ve never seen this before”. My ball speed went up to 159 mph. We tried a few different settings and even the TS3. He even put together a TS2 8.5 and I got good numbers, but I really had to work at it. The TS2 9.5 Smoke was just easy to hit and consistent. From what I can remember the number averages were.

SS- 109 mph

Launch- 12.5*

Spin- 2,300 rpms

BS- 159 mph

Carry- 265 yds

Distance 275/280 yds.

I had couple that went 290 yds, but those were either ripped or low spin runners.

Next we went to fairway woods and I’ve played 16.5/17 degree fairway woods because I have a steep angle of attack and always had trouble elevating from the turf. We started with my 915 F Motore TS 7.2 XS. I was around 225 carry, but it was high launch.

We started with the TS3 15* Smoke 70 S and it was good, but he wanted to try the TS2 13.5 Smoke 70 S. This it where it got interesting, because I was hitting this off the tee at 245 yds carry and 260 total yds. I told him I would use it primarily as a tee club, but I hit some off the deck and it was easy to elevate and I was getting similar numbers as off the tee. Final number averages were 245 carry and 260 yds total.

Next we went to the TS 2 16.5 and 18 fairways. The T2 16.5* Smoke 70 S was around 235 carry and the 18* was around 215 carry, so we decided on the following. Moving the 16.5* to 17* to fills the gaps.

Needless to say, I’m ordering the following:

TS 2 9.5 Smoke 60 44.5

TS 13.5 Smoke 70

TS 16.5 Smoke 70

When did you order? Curious how long it took to come in. Ordered mine on Monday and am thinking I will get sometime next week.

I ordered on 9/25 and everything got delivered on 10/3. I'm also in California, so the shipping time is probably less than it would be to get to Florida.

Thank you!

I ordered mine a three weeks ago I think that it was but I'm in the UK so I think the turnaround times are slightly different. Hope you enjoy it when it arrives.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Everyone here says how great the driver sounds, but my experience was different. I got a demo driver at my club and the first ball I hit on the range (on the sweet spot as I could see mark) shocked me. It sounded like a super loud *PING* sound, almost tin can like. I even asked the person next to me if that was too loud? On the course, with Pro V's, it still had the PING sound. I asked the marshal how it sounded and he said "solid". I asked him about tin can sound and he didn't hear. He was older, so he joked that maybe he doesn't hear all frequencies anymore.

Anyway, has anyone else experienced this with the TS drivers? I was hitting the TS3 with Even Flow 6.0 shaft. Is it possible that my ears are hearing frequencies that other people can't hear? I was almost ready to buy the driver based on an indoor fitting (where I don't remember hearing any PING sound), but after hitting it outdoors I don't know if I can stomach that sound.

Everyone here says how great the driver sounds, but my experience was different. I got a demo driver at my club and the first ball I hit on the range (on the sweet spot as I could see mark) shocked me. It sounded like a super loud *PING* sound, almost tin can like. I even asked the person next to me if that was too loud? On the course, with Pro V's, it still had the PING sound. I asked the marshal how it sounded and he said "solid". I asked him about tin can sound and he didn't hear. He was older, so he joked that maybe he doesn't hear all frequencies anymore.

Anyway, has anyone else experienced this with the TS drivers? I was hitting the TS3 with Even Flow 6.0 shaft. Is it possible that my ears are hearing frequencies that other people can't hear? I was almost ready to buy the driver based on an indoor fitting (where I don't remember hearing any PING sound), but after hitting it outdoors I don't know if I can stomach that sound.

The TS3 literally rang my ears every time after impact. I ended up going TS2 KuroKage and even if the TS3 performed better for me I would have just stuck with my Rogue SZ, that sound was horrendous. On the other hand to me, the TS2 feels and sounds so much better.

I agree that it is a louder sound than say the Epic/Rogue or M series. However, I wouldn't compare it to the G30 Ping sound. The entire industry agreed the G30 sound awful and needed to be addressed in the G400 series. I don't mind the sound and think it sounds "solid" but I think a lot of people have become accustomed to the composite sound.

I have the TS3 and frankly is not as loud as the 917D3 to me. I think the sound is much improved from the older lines. Maybe because I am older, but I don’t hear the “tin can” sounds.

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X

I finally got 9 in last night with the new TS3. Coming from my tour issue M2 which has an open face, I missed the fairway left a few times which will take some adjusting to. What stood out to me the most is that I hit one really low on the heel and it was a good 20 yards up from where I expected it to be. I hit another about an inch low and toe side that was in the same area as if I were to center my M2. The sample size is small but I was pretty impressed with the forgiveness.

The TS3 is the best sounding driver I’ve ever owned. I have different shafts as well. It does sound different with the different shafts as well. Still good either way, but different.

TSr3 8° VENTUS RED TR 7X

TSr3 3W 15° VENTUS RED TR 8X

2023 T200 2/17°

2023 T200 4-PW, GW

SM10 52, 58 M-Grind

PIRETTI POTENZA WB

TitleistSmaller.jpg.5bc014a5893add877cc9ffa452af52bd.jpg

I have yet to hit these, but all this sound issue talk has me concerned. Wasn't sound a focus for Titleist during the 917 development? Was Titleist so focused on speed they forgot about the sound element on TS? Oh Well i'm still excited to compare this against my 917d2.

To be fair, I am one of the few people who have had some problems with the sound. I have read a few tin can comments here and there, but the vast majority says it sounds solid/great. It could be frequency thing that only select people can hear, or it could have been a bad head that I was hitting. I really don't know.

That said, I really didn't hear the tin can with the driver head I was hitting at a demo day indoors. Who knows, maybe they hotmelt those heads to make is sound better, or maybe the indoor echo chamber made it sound different.

Go hit one yourself outdoors and hear for yourself.

I was super pumped about this release, but it turns out I'm also one of the people who don't like the sound. To me, it was bordering on offensive. When I went to my Titleist fitting, TS3 and the Srixon z785 were virtually identical with the z785 sounding much nicer. If the TS3 was way better I think I could get used to the sound, but for me, it wasn't.

I guess I am not the only one who has the sound issues. To be honest, when I took it out to the range, my first shot was a big shock to my ears. Totally unexpected and it literally hurt my ears. I hesitated to hit more balls for a minute wondering if others around me felt the same way. The 2nd and 3rd shots weren't any different, but I was psychologically prepared for them so it didn't "hurt" my ears anymore. Just an unpleasant sound.

I guess if I buy this driver, it will have to be hotmelted.

Can't get over the people complaining about the sound. Are you hitting rocks with it as opposed to golf balls.

The worst sounding driver I have ever had was the 915D2. The TS is nothing like that at all. In fact, having had it out on the course three times as a demo and hit balls for an hour on the launch monitor, I can't think of once thinking about the sound which to me is a good thing.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

I have the weight neutral, Smoke shaft in the TS3, and I think it sounds fantastic. Maybe my hearing has dulled over the years working in a factory, but I think the 917D3 is much louder and I hit them one right after another.

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X