Titleist's new TS 2 & TS 3 driver - shot @ 2018 US Open

GolfWRX

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went TS2 9.5 with Evenflow 6.0. It was good. But it really came alive when I put my Atmos black in it. It plays at 45" with the atmos so I got a +2 weight and its perfect. The TS2 fairway I picked up also had the EF white and it was great but again did way better when I put the atmos blue in it. Since the fw shafts were the same length I didn't mess with the weight. I actually have a fw wood I am confident with for the first time. The driver is also incredible. Very happy with this lineup.

Got a TS2 driver and 3 wood today. 10.5* tour ad di 6s and 15* tour ad di 7s.

First impressions: They are long! Compared to the 917 which I played at the beginning of the season, definitely longer. I wouldn’t say longer than the Rogue or M4, but up there with them for sure.

Distance 9.5/10

Sound was amazing, which is big for me and a deciding factor why I didn’t want the TS3.

Sound 9.5/10

The feel on this driver is very impressive. When you hit middle you just know it. Very controlling feel, as expected with Titleist. Hitting the heel or toe didn’t feel punishing and I didn’t experience huge distance losses.

Feel and forgiveness 9/10

The look of this driver is another deciding factor. Looks amazing by the ball, sets up perfect. Confidence inspiring, while still giving you a players feel. Can’t say enough about it. 10/10 for me in this department.

This driver might make it all the way to the 2019 season!

I’m about to order the specs, but still a little bit unsure about 9.5* or 10.5* for TS 2 driver. Did you try them out throughly against each other? What was the deciding factor for going 10.5*?

BTW, what’s your swing speed going with DI 6s and 7s?

I’ve always played 10.5 in my drivers. I like lowering the loft a tiny bit to open the face up, works well for my fade. At 9.5 I can’t lower it and still get the ball in the air.

With a driver I’m between 110 and 115. The di 6 and 7s have been phenomenal. Expensive, but well worth it.

TSr2 10 Tensei Blue 65

TSr2 15 Tensei Blue 75

TSr2 21 Tensei Blue 75

Black T100.S 4-P LZ 6.0

Black SM9 48.10.F, 54.10.S, 62.08.M

Jet Set Newport 2 

So if I am playing the 917 F2 16.5 Which TS model best represents that head? TS3?

TS2 16.5°. Please keep in mind the new 16.5°'s play at 42.5" now rather then 43" in the 915 and 917's. Kinda a strong 4W now instead of a weak 3W. I have the 16.5° and its a beast. On par with my old 13.5° 917 F3 in terms of distance but with a stronger ball flight which is what I prefer.

TSr3 8° VENTUS RED TR 7X

TSr3 3W 15° VENTUS RED TR 8X

2023 T200 2/17°

2023 T200 4-PW, GW

SM10 52, 58 M-Grind

PIRETTI POTENZA WB

TitleistSmaller.jpg.5bc014a5893add877cc9ffa452af52bd.jpg

So if I am playing the 917 F2 16.5 Which TS model best represents that head? TS3?

TS2 16.5°. Please keep in mind the new 16.5°'s play at 42.5" now rather then 43" in the 915 and 917's. Kinda a strong 4W now instead of a weak 3W. I have the 16.5° and its a beast. On par with my old 13.5° 917 F3 in terms of distance but with a stronger ball flight which is what I prefer.

I absolutely love my 917f2 16.5 if it’s really better that’s amazing. BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

I will be keeping my current shafts so that is not an issue.

I purchased a TS2 with the stock hzrdus smoke shaft... wow what a combo. I've played 2 competition rounds with it and only missed a couple of fairways and its as long as anything else I've used. I hit driver, 9 iron to a back pin on the 444 yard 17th on Saturday.. They are right about it being a high bomber but it is definitely workable. My normal driver swing produces a nice high draw but I can also hit a fade if needed. I love the straighter face, makes it easier to aim. I had all 3 of my playing partners commenting how good the driver sounded (1 epic, 1 xr16 & 1 917 user) by the 17th tee they had all taken it off me for a practice swing and waggle. I'm loving the looks and performance of this driver. I had been struggling with strike with my previous drivers but I'm striking this combo so much better. So far so good.

Update: I finally swingweighted my TS3 at what I thought was 45”. It measured between D1 and D2 instead of D4 as requested. I measured the length and found it was just under 44.75”. Titleist offered to send me a new driver and shaft right away so that was appreciated. Luckily I had another shaft I was testing out so I was able to hit it this weekend and it was great. I’m a big fan of the sound, mainly because it sounds powerful without being loud.

Went to PGASS Saturday ad returned my Srizon Z785. As advertised, there were no questions asked.

Then picked up the TS2 (10.5, stock Tensei 55 stiff).

After a range session Saturday and a round on Sunday, I think it safe to say I will stop driver ho-ing for a while.

Just a fantastic club for my game: long as anything I have tried, very forgiving toward the toe, crisp sound.

I'll experiment with a few other shafts but this club is a keeper.

Kudos to Titleist this time around.

Went to PGASS Saturday ad returned my Srizon Z785. As advertised, there were no questions asked.

After a range session Saturday and a round on Sunday, I think it safe to say I will stop driver ho-ing for a while.

Just a fantastic club for my game: long as anything I have tried, very forgiving toward the toe, crisp sound.

Just curious what went wrong with the Z785 driver?

Went in to demo the Z785 and walked out impressed by the TS3. Better numbers for me all the way around.

I was fitting for the TS3 9.5 with a Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 7 Stiff. I'm thinking of replacing my fairway wood as well. For those that have said the TS fairways are "better" than the 917 line, was it just distance? I'm really happy with the distance of my 16.5* and don't want anymore. Is the sound different too?

I think whoever bought their TS2 or TS3 are loving their drivers. Normally we see newer drivers or their stock shafts on BST but so far nothing. Personally I love my TS2 and plan to keep it for awhile

I took my TS2 to a local fitter and ended up with a Atmos blue in both my woods. Now it's perfect.

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

I hit about 10 shots with my TS3 / Project X EFW on my SkyTrak last night and the feel is really good. I was seeing almost identical spin/distance numbers as I get with my 2016 M2 with Kuro Kage Dual Core TX shaft which is about as low spinning as it gets. I have always thought that the SkyTrak reads driver swings a little funky (low spin, less carry than I get on course) so I will report back after playing Thursday night.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

I hit about 10 shots with my TS3 / Project X EFW on my SkyTrak last night and the feel is really good. I was seeing almost identical spin/distance numbers as I get with my 2016 M2 with Kuro Kage Dual Core TX shaft which is about as low spinning as it gets. I have always thought that the SkyTrak reads driver swings a little funky (low spin, less carry than I get on course) so I will report back after playing Thursday night.

I would agree. I find skytrak to be excellent all the way up until 3 wood. The faster swing speeds it just isn’t as accurate. I’d say it’s about 5mph low on the ballspeed and maybe 5-10 low on the carry. Still though, best bang for your buck! I love mine.

TM SIM - KuroKage 60XTX
TM SIM 15 - Blueboard 83X
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 3 Iron - PXI 6.5
Srixon Z745 4,5 - Dynamic Gold x100

Callaway Apex Raw 6-PW - Dynamic Gold x100
Titleist SM8 - 52, 56, 60 - S400
Scotty Cameron Studio Style 350 Newport 2

I would agree. I find skytrak to be excellent all the way up until 3 wood. The faster swing speeds it just isn’t as accurate. I’d say it’s about 5mph low on the ballspeed and maybe 5-10 low on the carry. Still though, best bang for your buck! I love mine.

Yes! My max carry on course is 275-280 and I struggle to get one 260 on the SkyTrak. I have zero issues carrying it 280 on GC2.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

Update: I finally swingweighted my TS3 at what I thought was 45”. It measured between D1 and D2 instead of D4 as requested. I measured the length and found it was just under 44.75”. Titleist offered to send me a new driver and shaft right away so that was appreciated. Luckily I had another shaft I was testing out so I was able to hit it this weekend and it was great. I’m a big fan of the sound, mainly because it sounds powerful without being loud.

Mine just came in and I ordered it at 45" and D4 as well. I just checked the surefit weight and it's the standard weight. I haven't put it on a scale, but that seems like it wouldn't work out to spec.

What shaft did you get and what weight came in your TS3?

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

Mine just came in and I ordered it at 45" and D4 as well. I just checked the surefit weight and it's the standard weight. I haven't put it on a scale, but that seems like it wouldn't work out to spec.

Mine came with with the +2 weight, but it was more than .25" shorter than ordered. I ordered it with the HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5.

Mine came with with the +2 weight, but it was more than .25" shorter than ordered. I ordered it with the HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5.

I ordered the EF White 75 6.5, so different shafts, balance points, etc. Even so, If yours had a +2 weight and was still 2-3 points light I don't expect mine with the standard weight could be on the ordered spec. I'll try to get it on a scale today or tomorrow.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA