Titleist's new TS 2 & TS 3 driver - shot @ 2018 US Open

GolfWRX

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, it is very possible that different people have different hearing. It is very possible that the driver is releasing a high pitched frequency that some people can't hear. I am just speculating here. Last Titleist driver I played was 910 D3, and it sounded really good. The TS3 (fade setting, Even Flow shaft) was a very loud PING sound that shocked me on my first hit. Once again, I didn't hear any PING sound at the fitting event indoors, but was there outdoors with both range balls and on the course with Pro V's (though less of course).

the TS drivers sound > every other driver. I have the M3 right now and don't like the sound/feel. The worst driver sound is easily the Callaway's. Hate that hollow sound.

TM Qi10 LS - Ventus Blue 6X

TM Stealth 2+ 3W - Ventus Blue TR 7X

Titleist TSi3 3H - Tensei Pro White 100TX

Titleist T150 - KBS Tour 130X

Titleist Vokey SM6 Raw (50, 54) - DG S400

Vokey SM9 Black Raw - S400

Bettinardi Queen B #15

Spund is also a result of what you are hitting too! Keep that in mind when you are testing. The harder the golf ball the louder the noise. If your inside depending on the acoustic sound is affected. Softer balls are going to produce a slight lower sound. Being outside will also disperse the sound.

People also hear things differently and react to different sounds differently.

At the end of the day you can have hot melt added. Or do what I did with my TS3 and pull the weight and shove some cotton in through the weight port, put the weight back in there and it will muffle the sound.

Wanted to give an update as I have been critical of the sound. Took the TS3 for a second demo round and the annoying loud PING sound was gone. More like a solid sound with slight ping. I think the ping is noticeable to me as I play epic sz which makes a thud sound. Overall sounds ok/good and doesn't bother me one iota anymore. Took it to a range today and hit some range rocks (beat up nxt tours practice) and sound was still good.

Maybe I got used to the sound, but I think what actually happened was the driver needed a break in period. The demo driver was brand new and I was first to hit it. The first shot on the range was hit on the sweet spot and super shockingly loud to me. But two rounds in it actually sounds good.

All that said, I am going to stick with my Epic SZ. I hit the new TS3 exactly the same length as my Epic on the course every time I put good swings on both drivers. No need to pay $500 for exact same results.

On a separate note 45.5" drivers are plain stupid. I am very tall and don't have the longest arms. Play all my clubs +1", but my driver is 44.75". Can't hit the sweet spot on a 45.5" driver. Really stupid for the OEM's to go this route. I can only imagine what the average 5'9" golfer has to go through...

Wanted to give an update as I have been critical of the sound. Took the TS3 for a second demo round and the annoying loud PING sound was gone. More like a solid sound with slight ping. I think the ping is noticeable to me as I play epic sz which makes a thud sound. Overall sounds ok/good and doesn't bother me one iota anymore. Took it to a range today and hit some range rocks (beat up nxt tours practice) and sound was still good.

Maybe I got used to the sound, but I think what actually happened was the driver needed a break in period. The demo driver was brand new and I was first to hit it. The first shot on the range was hit on the sweet spot and super shockingly loud to me. But two rounds in it actually sounds good.

All that said, I am going to stick with my Epic SZ. I hit the new TS3 exactly the same length as my Epic on the course every time I put good swings on both drivers. No need to pay $500 for exact same results.

On a separate note 45.5" drivers are plain stupid. I am very tall and don't have the longest arms. Play all my clubs +1", but my driver is 44.75". Can't hit the sweet spot on a 45.5" driver. Really stupid for the OEM's to go this route. I can only imagine what the average 5'9" golfer has to go through...

No such thing as a break in period on a golf club. You’ve simply gotten used to it, as the sound no longer surprises you.

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

I finally got around to look what was my surefit weight in my TS3 that I've had for almost a month. I ordered it at 45", 1/2" short. It came with +2 weight cartridge.

I found a chart on Titleist website if it hasn't been posted in this long thread already.

63 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

TM Stealth 10.5, GD XC-6 stiff

TM Qi10 3HL GD DI-7 stiff

TM SIM2 Rescue 19* & 23*

TM P770 5-PW, DG120 S300

TM MG4 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

I have always hit 45” or less on drivers, but this one I got 45.5 stock, and I am hitting the middle each time. I am just at 6’, so not real talk.

I used to agree with you and ordered everything shorter, but so far I haven’t noticed the extra .5”.

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X

I have always hit 45” or less on drivers, but this one I got 45.5 stock, and I am hitting the middle each time. I am just at 6’, so not real talk.

I used to agree with you and ordered everything shorter, but so far I haven’t noticed the extra .5”.

Same here. I had in my head that I would be going with 45 because that is what I have always had and I had in my head that proper golfers use 45 or less. Beyond sticking out the bag a little more, I don't notice the extra 0.5 at all.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

For those without a hotmelt setup but want to alter the sound or weight the port behind the weight tube is wide open. I put 5g cotton balls in there since it’s a less permanent solution and can be removed easily. Gonna play today and see how it sounds. 5g lead tape was ugly and it’s always hard to make stick on a driver long term.

I have a hotmelt setup but i was worried about fouling up the weight port with glue somehow.

• AI Smoke 🔷🔷🔷10.5* Denali Black 60 6.5
  • TM M5 Tour 18.25* - Tensei AV White 2.0 TX
  • TM Stealth 7w 21* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s
  • Srixon ZX Utility 23* MMT 105TX HS
  • Srixon ZX7 5-Aw PX LZ 6.5 SS
  • Mizuno T7 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • TM MG4 60* SBC - DG TI S400
  • Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2024
  • Tour B XS

For those without a hotmelt setup but want to alter the sound or weight the port behind the weight tube is wide open. I put 5g cotton balls in there since it’s a less permanent solution and can be removed easily. Gonna play today and see how it sounds. 5g lead tape was ugly and it’s always hard to make stick on a driver long term.

I have a hotmelt setup but i was worried about fouling up the weight port with glue somehow.

Are you referring to the TS3 with weight tube ?

My question is, does the cotton stay in the tube or does it go out to the interior of the driver head. And if it does go into the head through the weight tube, it seems impossible to remove ????

My question is, does the cotton stay in the tube or does it go out to the interior of the driver head. And if it does go into the head through the weight tube, it seems impossible to remove ????

yes the ts3. It goes into the main head opening. You pull the cotton apart into smaller pieces and push it in with a toothpick. You can blow all the cotton back out with an air compressor if you need to.
  • Tour B XS

The port is open to the head, it is not a sealed port.

yes the ts3. It goes into the main head opening. You pull the cotton apart into smaller pieces and push it in with a toothpick. You can blow all the cotton back out with an air compressor if you need to.

Thank you for the info, much appreciated !

Im sure tweezers could work as well with lots of patience. I know the air compressor will work perfectly though. I had gotten some of the cotton in the bottom of the tube slot so the tube didnt want to insert fully, threw some air into it and it moved it out of the way and would have shot all the cotton back out had i not blocked it from coming out.
  • Tour B XS

My main concern with hotmelting it was getting glue in the "tube slot" somehow and possibly pulling one of the magnets off the tube. That would be a real PITA. I think this head is perfect for cotton balls or yarn. (yarn is even easier to remove)

• Tour B XS

I'm hoping to find some time to do some TS3 testing this week, I'm planning on throwing the DI in and going from there.

Taylormade Stealth + 10.5 (Mitsubishi Kai'li White 60S)

Titleist 913F 15 (Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 70)

Titleist 712U 2I (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)

Titleist 680 MB 4-W (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)

Titleist Vokey SM5 50,54,58 (True Temper Dynamic Gold S200)

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 SS

ProV1

Did anyone get theirs with a 75G Evenflow instead of the stock 65G offering? Placed my order at the same time as a buddy a week ago, he got the 65G and has his while I've received no update on mine.

Taylormade SIM 8* - Matrix OZIK MFS Black Tie 70X
Taylormade M5 15* - Aldila Black Mamba 80TX
Taylormade M5 19* - Fuji Motore Speeder 8.3X
Taylormade P790 4-PW - Project X 7.0
Taylormade Hi Toe 52* and 58* - KBS $-Taper 125 S+ Black
Taylormade Ardmore 2 35" Super Stroke Claw 1.0

Im sure tweezers could work as well with lots of patience. I know the air compressor will work perfectly though. I had gotten some of the cotton in the bottom of the tube slot so the tube didnt want to insert fully, threw some air into it and it moved it out of the way and would have shot all the cotton back out had i not blocked it from coming out.

I managed to remove all the cotton by using a metal wire with a slightly bent tip. Just insert, twist and repeat until everything is removed.

Brought my 915D2 with Rogue into a GG and did a comparison. First 10 shots were with my 915 and first 3 were ugly until I got stretched out and warm. Shots 7-10 were my best and was seeing ball speeds right around 150 but mostly low 140's. First shot with the PX 6.0 and TS2 my jaw dropped. Hit about 5 more and ball speed was consistently over 160mph. I went home and checked my MEVO logs and I never had the 915 above 158mph and the TS2 was consistently higher. I hit a ton of fairways with my 915/Rogue combo and can count on a 240 carry any time I pull driver and when Im warmed up Im around 260 carry. I have to go back now and do a full fitting cause the new gear packs a serious punch. Even with my spin numbers being high 3ks it was gapping my 915. I wanted to try my Rogue in the TS2 but they wouldnt let me.

TS2.jpg

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist T100 Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Project X 5.5 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Also experiencing a delay on the 75G Evenflow. Ordered 11 days ago.

Titleist 917 D3 8.5 - Rouge Silver 70X
Titleist 915Fd 15 - Diamana D+ White 80X
Titleist 716 TMB 2-3 - DG X100
Titleist 716 CB 4-P - DG X100, HS1x
Vokey SM6 52F12 (@51) - DG S400
Volley SM7 58K14 (@57) - DG S400
Cameron Select Newport 1.5
2017 Titleist Pro V1

Brought my 915D2 with Rogue into a GG and did a comparison. First 10 shots were with my 915 and first 3 were ugly until I got stretched out and warm. Shots 7-10 were my best and was seeing ball speeds right around 150 but mostly low 140's. First shot with the PX 6.0 and TS2 my jaw dropped. Hit about 5 more and ball speed was consistently over 160mph. I went home and checked my MEVO logs and I never had the 915 above 158mph and the TS2 was consistently higher. I hit a ton of fairways with my 915/Rogue combo and can count on a 240 carry any time I pull driver and when Im warmed up Im around 260 carry. I have to go back now and do a full fitting cause the new gear packs a serious punch. Even with my spin numbers being high 3ks it was gapping my 915. I wanted to try my Rogue in the TS2 but they wouldnt let me.

TS2.jpg

That's B.S.! It would take a minute to setup TS2 with your rogue and surefit.....that's just dumb and lazy....horrible