Titleist's new TS 2 & TS 3 driver - shot @ 2018 US Open

GolfWRX

Had my fitting today. Best numbers came from the TS2 9.5 with Smoke 60-S. Unfortunately it was still a little higher in spin than my Mizuno JPX 850. I liked the look of both the TS2/3 and can't say a bad thing about either. Definitely went through the shafts on the TS2 as that was giving the best numbers consistently. I was ready to buy if there was any big difference but for me it wasn't there.

Fairway: This is where I thought this line would shine for me. and they do. Ended up with the TS3, A1, CG setting fade and weight +2g. Shaft is smoke 70g 6.5. I was looking for something to go 230-235 in the air and not climb to much. This did it and more. I've struggled off the deck with a 3w lately and have avoided it at all cost. With the TS3 most were at the upper end of 235 with the best couple at 242 in the air. These were all of the deck and didn't hit it off the tee because I liked the look and I'm not worried about it not performing. I felt like with this setup I could go after it and not over draw it to the right (I'm a lefty). Really pleased with how they set up behind the ball.

surprised you got fit into a 60s driver and a x stiff 70 fairway.

I would say it came down to control more than anything. I tried the X in the driver in a lot of shafts and the difference wasn't huge. In the 3w the x keeps it a little straighter and helps avoids the rope hook. I like the stiff in the driver if I need a fairway finder and just tap a little fade. I've played X in both off and on.

BAG UNDER CONSTRUCTION/TINKERING...Now and Forever.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my TS2 today, replaced my Rogue SZ. Everything about this club was better than my SZ. With that being said, am I the only one on earth who had the best numbers with the KuroKage 50 g stiff? I was so skeptical hitting such a lightweight shaft but it produced by far the best numbers for me. Been playing heavier driver shafts all my life and this is the first lightweight shaft I got along with. Hopefully I’m not the only one lol

I really like the UST elements platinum shaft. I noticed that it has the t1100 in the tip like the new even flow white. Does anybody have experience with these two and know if they might have a similar feel? Thanks!

Me personally I faired better with the Platinum over the EFW. I only hit the Platinum in my 917 D2, I have not put it in my TS3 yet. Still playing with the Smoke I was fitted with.

Do you feel like the smoke feels similar to the platinum at all?

To me they feel very similar, I can tell you I get more distance out of the 6.5 smoke than the F5 Platinum off miss hits. That could just be the difference in the 917 and TS3 also. I could bomb the S#%t out of the 917 with that platinum.ive got a couple of different scrambles coming up so I have not played with the Platinum yet in my TS3. The 2 rounds I've played since I got it Tuesday I've focused on getting use to the club with the smoke shaft. I will experiment in a couple weeks.

Just got my TS2 today, replaced my Rogue SZ. Everything about this club was better than my SZ. With that being said, am I the only one on earth who had the best numbers with the KuroKage 50 g stiff? I was so skeptical hitting such a lightweight shaft but it produced by far the best numbers for me. Been playing heavier driver shafts all my life and this is the first lightweight shaft I got along with. Hopefully I’m not the only one lol

I dont know about KK, but I've seen several people say they were fit into the 55g Tensei blue.

I weighed my TS3 driver last night and with a standard weight, 192 grams. With this head weight, EFW 65 6.5 @45", TV360 grip 1/32", it SW's at D1.5. The stock weight in the TS is 10 grams.... I replaced with my 917 red 12g weight and it's now D2+. FWIW I specified my driver build to be D2. My TS3 16.5º is standard length (which is now 42.5" not 43), EFW 75 6.5, same grip spec, and is spot on at D3 with the standard weight as well.

Titleist will always build their clubs to their stated standard SW regardless of length but sometimes it just isn't possible. When the clubs are ordered the CS rep should state to whom ever is ordering, a specific SW range that the club will be built too. But quite honestly most people that do the ordering don't care, they just want the order and your money. BUT good fitters and those that care will specify as part of their build spec. In reality GolfWRX's are the only players that really care about their specs... generally public Joe buying clubs hasn't a clue. I know been in the club pro business for 17+ years.

Good news is that the 917 weight tubes DO FIT in the TS line of woods. For those of us that played the 917 and accumulated weights like me, all is good! AND for those with TS woods, you can buy 917 weights to adjust SW.

TSR3 9º Driver - Helium Black 5F5 @ 45.5”     

TSR2 15º Fwy - LinQ M40X Blue 7F5     

TSR2 18º Hyb  - Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F5
T200 #4 @ 1º Weak - Recoil Proto Utility 110F5

T100 #5-P - Modus 120X

SM10 Raw 50.12F @ 51º, 56.12D, 60.08M @ 61º - Mouds 120X
SeeMore Mini Giant Deep Flange - SuperStroke Flatso 1.0

Pro V1 - Yellow

Had my fitting today. Best numbers came from the TS2 9.5 with Smoke 60-S. Unfortunately it was still a little higher in spin than my Mizuno JPX 850. I liked the look of both the TS2/3 and can't say a bad thing about either. Definitely went through the shafts on the TS2 as that was giving the best numbers consistently. I was ready to buy if there was any big difference but for me it wasn't there.

Fairway: This is where I thought this line would shine for me. and they do. Ended up with the TS3, A1, CG setting fade and weight +2g. Shaft is smoke 70g 6.5. I was looking for something to go 230-235 in the air and not climb to much. This did it and more. I've struggled off the deck with a 3w lately and have avoided it at all cost. With the TS3 most were at the upper end of 235 with the best couple at 242 in the air. These were all of the deck and didn't hit it off the tee because I liked the look and I'm not worried about it not performing. I felt like with this setup I could go after it and not over draw it to the right (I'm a lefty). Really pleased with how they set up behind the ball.

There are bad fitters everywhere If he's hitting an X off the deck well the driver spin would have probably come down if they'd tried X

TM Sim D-Type Tour AD IZ 7s
Mavrik SZ 16.5 Tour AD DI 7s
Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
TaylorMade P790 6-AW
TM Tour MG Raw 54/58
Evnroll ER-1.2

I weighed my TS3 driver last night and with a standard weight, 192 grams. With this head weight, EFW 65 6.5 @45", TV360 grip 1/32", it SW's at D1.5. The stock weight in the TS is 10 grams.... I replaced with my 917 red 12g weight and it's now D2+. FWIW I specified my driver build to be D2. My TS3 16.5º is standard length (which is now 42.5" not 43), EFW 75 6.5, same grip spec, and is spot on at D3 with the standard weight as well.

Titleist will always build their clubs to their stated standard SW regardless of length but sometimes it just isn't possible. When the clubs are ordered the CS rep should state to whom ever is ordering, a specific SW range that the club will be built too. But quite honestly most people that do the ordering don't care, they just want the order and your money. BUT good fitters and those that care will specify as part of their build spec. In reality GolfWRX's are the only players that really care about their specs... generally public Joe buying clubs hasn't a clue. I know been in the club pro business for 17+ years.

Good news is that the 917 weight tubes DO FIT in the TS line of woods. For those of us that played the 917 and accumulated weights like me, all is good! AND for those with TS woods, you can buy 917 weights to adjust SW.

Do you know the length of the driver weight? The aftermarket 917 driver weights are 70mm and 73mm. Not sure which one to get

There are bad fitters everywhere If he's hitting an X off the deck well the driver spin would have probably come down if they'd tried X

I would say the opposite, that’s probably a good fitter that actually gives the best option for each club and how you swing each and every club.

I’m 106Mph with driver (44.5”) and I always get fit into Stiff.

With my spoon I’m 102Mph and always get fit into X-stiff.

That is great news! Probably this means my 18g weight from 917 will be enough for me to play my 44” TS3 with 70g shaft pretty close to D1, maybe even D2.

I have a feeling swingweight issues are going to be plentiful with this line. Had one in my hands today with EFW stiff 65 gram and it felt like a feather compared to my 917D3 with Whiteboard 70

Titleist TSR3 (8*) w/ AD-DI 6x

Titleist TSi3 (15*) w/ AD-DI 8x

Titleist TSR3 (19*) w/ AD-DI Hybird 85x 

Titleist TS3 (21*) w/ AD-DI Hybrid 85x

T100S 5-PW w/ PX LZ 6.0 Blackout

Titleist Vokey Wedgeworks 50F-54D-60T w/ TT DG S400

Toulon First Run San Diego w/ KBS TourGPS

Went last night to my fitting at the Titleist Thursday.. Sucks because right before my fitting their trackman died. Luckily one of te head fitters were there and I eneded up hitting for about an hour and 15 mins. It ended up being a fitting/lesson and I can't complain because I walked out of the fitting hitting my Epic better than I have since I bought it...

My Best combo was the TS2 10.5 with the Tour AD Di-6. In a close 2nd was the Stiff Smoke shaft. I was getting every bit of 265 carry with a really nice ball flight.. The sound is different than I'm use to and it took me a few swings to adjust to the difference in the drivers, but I think the TS2 is better when it comes to miss hits than my Epic, but Overall just not enough to justify dropping $500 on a new driver..

Overall I was impressed. And if anyone else is looking for something different this may very well be a great option.

Heard a lot of talk about swingweight. I would always ask for a specific swingweight and not leave it up to fate. I ordered my TS2 at 45 and was very specific that I wanted D3 and it was on order form. If it's not what I asked for Titleist will get a call.

Titleist TSR2 GD UB 6S
TEE CB5 4 wood Fubuki Tour
Srixon ZX7 5-pw Nippon Modus 120
Miura custom raw 50 54, 56 Nippon WV 125

David Mills SG Dale Pencil flowneck
David Mills Custom torched Heritage SS flow neck
David Mills Custom Carbon flow neck Hertitage V2 with Nitride finish
David Mills Carbon Ming V3 pencil flow neck
Byron Rincon DH89

Got a TS2 driver and 3 wood today. 10.5* tour ad di 6s and 15* tour ad di 7s.

First impressions: They are long! Compared to the 917 which I played at the beginning of the season, definitely longer. I wouldn’t say longer than the Rogue or M4, but up there with them for sure.

Distance 9.5/10

Sound was amazing, which is big for me and a deciding factor why I didn’t want the TS3.

Sound 9.5/10

The feel on this driver is very impressive. When you hit middle you just know it. Very controlling feel, as expected with Titleist. Hitting the heel or toe didn’t feel punishing and I didn’t experience huge distance losses.

Feel and forgiveness 9/10

The look of this driver is another deciding factor. Looks amazing by the ball, sets up perfect. Confidence inspiring, while still giving you a players feel. Can’t say enough about it. 10/10 for me in this department.

This driver might make it all the way to the 2019 season!

TSr2 10 Tensei Blue 65

TSr2 15 Tensei Blue 75

TSr2 21 Tensei Blue 75

Black T100.S 4-P LZ 6.0

Black SM9 48.10.F, 54.10.S, 62.08.M

Jet Set Newport 2 

Do you know the length of the driver weight? The aftermarket 917 driver weights are 70mm and 73mm. Not sure which one to get

I've never seen aftermarket 917 driver weights specified with different lengths.... I've gotten one from Custom-Golf-Supply on eBay and it was perfect.

TSR3 9º Driver - Helium Black 5F5 @ 45.5”     

TSR2 15º Fwy - LinQ M40X Blue 7F5     

TSR2 18º Hyb  - Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F5
T200 #4 @ 1º Weak - Recoil Proto Utility 110F5

T100 #5-P - Modus 120X

SM10 Raw 50.12F @ 51º, 56.12D, 60.08M @ 61º - Mouds 120X
SeeMore Mini Giant Deep Flange - SuperStroke Flatso 1.0

Pro V1 - Yellow

I've never seen aftermarket 917 driver weights specified with different lengths.... I've gotten one from Custom-Golf-Supply on eBay and it was perfect.

???? 10 grams is now “standard” for the driver but 12 is still standard for the fairway? Great. Confuse everyone Titleist. Thanks for that.

That means the new maximum +6 weight for the driver is actually only 16 grams now when the 917 maximum was 18 grams. Stupid. I hate it when they do stuff like this. I predict a run on knock-off 18 gram 917 weights for all the shorter length driver folks.

Uuuuugh.

???? 10 grams is now “standard” for the driver but 12 is still standard for the fairway? Great. Confuse everyone Titleist. Thanks for that.

That means the new maximum +6 weight for the driver is actually only 16 grams now when the 917 maximum was 18 grams. Stupid. I hate it when they do stuff like this. I predict a run on knock-off 18 gram 917 weights for all the shorter length driver folks.

Uuuuugh.

The 917 D weight maxed out at 16 grams and the F at 18 grams. STD weight for TS3 is 11 grams. Nothing has changed in terms of head weight. Simple solution is custom order your stuff to your specs. The longer clubs use back weighting/Counterbalance/higher balance points anyways. My head weighs 200 grams with a 17 gram + 6 gram weight. The heaviest head I've ever received from Titleist, and this was after hot melt was added by it by Titleist, was a 205 gram 917 D3 head and it was unplayable at 44.5" and I had to cut it to 44". Honestly my combo with Evenflow T1100 75 6.5 white is heavier at D6 then I'd prefer.

TSr3 8° VENTUS RED TR 7X

TSr3 3W 15° VENTUS RED TR 8X

2023 T200 2/17°

2023 T200 4-PW, GW

SM10 52, 58 M-Grind

PIRETTI POTENZA WB

TitleistSmaller.jpg.5bc014a5893add877cc9ffa452af52bd.jpg

Just picked up my TS3 today and there is no way the TS3 even resembles the 917D3, the TS3 looks a lot like the 917 D2 and the TS2 looks even more squished. For all those reviewers who address the TS3 and say it is a beauty and the TS2 and say ugh......I don't see it, they both look nearly identical at address....I know all the reviewers say the TS3 is pear shaped but seriously, it is not even close to pear shaped.....the 975d was pear shaped, the 983 k was pear shaped, TS3 is a shallow face big headed pancake. Ill trackman it tmrw, im sure the club is good but its not a classic beauty.

Got a TS2 driver and 3 wood today. 10.5* tour ad di 6s and 15* tour ad di 7s.

First impressions: They are long! Compared to the 917 which I played at the beginning of the season, definitely longer. I wouldn’t say longer than the Rogue or M4, but up there with them for sure.

Distance 9.5/10

Sound was amazing, which is big for me and a deciding factor why I didn’t want the TS3.

Sound 9.5/10

The feel on this driver is very impressive. When you hit middle you just know it. Very controlling feel, as expected with Titleist. Hitting the heel or toe didn’t feel punishing and I didn’t experience huge distance losses.

Feel and forgiveness 9/10

The look of this driver is another deciding factor. Looks amazing by the ball, sets up perfect. Confidence inspiring, while still giving you a players feel. Can’t say enough about it. 10/10 for me in this department.

This driver might make it all the way to the 2019 season!

I’m about to order the specs, but still a little bit unsure about 9.5* or 10.5* for TS 2 driver. Did you try them out throughly against each other? What was the deciding factor for going 10.5*?

BTW, what’s your swing speed going with DI 6s and 7s?

Anyone else get a bone stock config with the TS? Mine is 9.5, A1 setting, and I got the 45.5” length, Hzrdus 60stiff. It just seems to feel and work well.

In the past I would also get it a little shorter, upright, etc. This one just feels right in stock.

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X

I got my TS3 in today. I ordered it at 45" and D2 swing weight. Both checked in as requested.

I ordered a 9.5 TS3 with Project X EvenFlow T1100 6.5 65g. It came with the +2 weight and the head checked in at 195g. The weight is 13g and the cap screw was 2g.

Now I just have to find some time to hit it this weekend.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

Uuuuugh.

The 917 D weight maxed out at 16 grams and the F at 18 grams. STD weight for TS3 is 11 grams. Nothing has changed in terms of head weight. Simple solution is custom order your stuff to your specs. The longer clubs use back weighting/Counterbalance/higher balance points anyways. My head weighs 200 grams with a 17 gram + 6 gram weight. The heaviest head I've ever received from Titleist, and this was after hot melt was added by it by Titleist, was a 205 gram 917 D3 head and it was unplayable at 44.5" and I had to cut it to 44". Honestly my combo with Evenflow T1100 75 6.5 white is heavier at D6 then I'd prefer.

Yep. My mistake. 16 on 917 driver 18 on fairway wood. Oops.

I don’t know how anyone can think the TS3 is loud, I hit it right after hitting my 917D3 and it was quieter that the 917, maybe a little muted sound.

I personally love the way it sounds and feels, very powerful at impact.

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X

Am I the only one who has completely zoned out now with all the talk of swingweights?!

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Am I the only one who has completely zoned out now with all the talk of swingweights?!

Nope. I couldn’t tell you what the swingweight on any of my clubs are. I have been fit at the Titleist National Fitting Center multiple times, and just go with whatever the fitter recommends. No talk of swingweight at all.

I just go by feel, flight, and then see if TrackMan tells me otherwise.