2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Titleist's new TS 2 & TS 3 driver - shot @ 2018 US Open

GolfWRX

I am interested in the TS3 but I am keeping my Tenesi Orange shaft that is at current standard length. I went up 2 grams on the weight for the Counter weight shaft.

Just curious how the weights can be ordered or if you can order extra weights

If you play it 45 inch you will be at d-0 or d-1.

Yes the 917 weights fit. Order knockoffs on eBay to save a few bucks.

$3.37 from Hong Kong if you can wait a couple weeks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Golf-Weight-For-2017-Titleist-917D-Driver-Head-Draw-Fade-Neutral-8-10-12-14-16g-/292340671548

Why did they change the weights in TS3? I know the tip sections move around.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am interested in the TS3 but I am keeping my Tenesi Orange shaft that is at current standard length. I went up 2 grams on the weight for the Counter weight shaft.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Golf-Weight-For-2017-Titleist-917D-Driver-Head-Draw-Fade-Neutral-8-10-12-14-16g-/292340671548

Simplicity. You only need one type of weight now. Previously there was a “Neutral” and a “draw/fade” weight.

Now it’s one weight that does both things by moving the tungsten tip position. It’s still the same size as the old ones.

I imagine the knock offs will be very popular with a lot of people cutting off a 1/2 inch or more. Unfortunately 16 grams is not nearly a big enough weight to get the SW back to a reasonable level If you go down an inch or more. You will definitely need hot melt or lead tape.

There will be a great number of people at 44”or 44.5” that will need a lot of tape, or hot melt, or both.

https://www.ebay.com...g-/292340671548

Simplicity. You only need one type of weight now. Previously there was a “Neutral” and a “draw/fade” weight.

Now it’s one weight that does both things by moving the tungsten tip position. It’s still the same size as the old ones.

I imagine the knock offs will be very popular with a lot of people cutting off a 1/2 inch or more. Unfortunately 16 grams is not nearly a big enough weight to get the SW back to a reasonable level If you go down an inch or more. You will definitely need hot melt or lead tape.

There will be a great number of people at 44”or 44.5” that will need a lot of tape, or hot melt, or both.

My sw of my TS3 playing at 44.5" direct from Titleist is D6 with a Evenflow white T1100 75X and 53 gram Titleist M580 full cord grip with 1 wrap. The head weight is 199 grams with the inside weight labeled as +6 grams which is a 17 gram weight. I think if you custom order your clubs and specify the desired swing weight they will get close or tell you up front what to expect.

TSr3 8° VENTUS RED TR 7X

TSr3 3W 15° VENTUS RED TR 8X

2023 T200 2/17°

2023 T200 4-PW, GW

SM10 52, 58 M-Grind

PIRETTI POTENZA WB

TitleistSmaller.jpg.5bc014a5893add877cc9ffa452af52bd.jpg

https://www.ebay.com...g-/292340671548

My sw of my TS3 playing at 44.5" direct from Titleist is D6 with a Evenflow white T1100 75X and 53 gram Titleist M580 full cord grip with 1 wrap. The head weight is 199 grams with the inside weight labeled as +6 grams which is a 17 gram weight. I think if you custom order your clubs and specify the desired swing weight they will get close or tell you up front what to expect.

That’s great. Hopefully they will be better about doing factory weighting requests than some of the horror stories from TM and Cally lately.

I’m mainly pointing out that the guys who get them and hate 45.5” and simply cut them down an inch or more can not get back to D-3 or D-4 with just the weights. They aren’t heavy enough.

If you want to play the driver shorter you better order it that way and clearly specify the SW in your order.

It’s not cool to encourage people to order knock-offs f

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

It’s not cool to encourage people to order knock-offs f

You must be joking. If Titleist didn’t charge such a absolutely grotesque amount for them people wouldn’t look for knock offs.

I wouldn’t consider buying an actual Titleist weight unless it were $15 bucks or less. It’s a weight. It costs them about a dollar to make.

I actually find their pricing on the weights one of the most offensive things in the entire world of golf equipment.

Told from my Pro that my pre-order won't arrive until 9th October because they are out of stock of 8.5 heads in the UK. So frustrating!

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

I am interested to see what weight comes in my TS3, I ordered it 3/4" in short (to play at 44.75"). I'm hoping they put a much heavier weight in so the swing weight will be the same as my 917.

TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
TSR2 15* Ventus TR Blue 7X
TSi2 21* MRC Tensei Raw White  70TX
T100S 4-W Modus 120X
SM9 50F/54S/58D Modus 120X
Some sort of Cameron

I am interested to see what weight comes in my TS3, I ordered it 3/4" in short (to play at 44.75"). I'm hoping they put a much heavier weight in so the swing weight will be the same as my 917.

The heaviest weight they Have is +6. 18 grams.....at least it is according to their web site.. I BELIEVE “Standard” is 12. I say that because they don’t have a number associated with them anymore. They just call it “standard”. The old ones were actually labeled 8,10,12,14,16,18 and they came with 12’s “standard”.

If you add 6 grams to a club .75 short of standard, it will not quite return you to the original swingweight. You lose 5 points at -.75”. You need 1.6 grams per point to return the SW to pre trimming level. That’s 1.6 x 5 = 8.0 grams. A +6 gram weight will get you to about 1.25 point shy of the original SW. Not enough off to be concerned with for normal humans..

Just reiterating for everyone. Be VERY specific when you order about your swingweight so they can add hot melt or tip weights to clubs 1 inch or more under standard length. The heaviest weight is not enough on its own. Do not ASSUME they will do it if you dont ask. If you want D-3, tell them you want at D-3.

Anyone UK based received their TS yet or confirmation that it will arrive on Friday?

Seriously hoping that mine arrives and it all standard apart from the grip. Hoping that there won't be many people going for 8.5 either which will help with availability.

I got a call from my pro shop this morning, the invoice arrived with them yesterday so hopefully the way he said it works the clubs arrive today. Fingers crossed

Crossing mine now as well! Hoping to that it arrives and I can take it out a quick 9 holes after watching the Ryder Cup on Friday and Saturday.

My driver and 3 wood arrived yesterday, hope to get out tomorrow!!

The heaviest weight they Have is +6. 18 grams.....at least it is according to their web site.. I BELIEVE “Standard” is 12. I say that because they don’t have a number associated with them anymore. They just call it “standard”. The old ones were actually labeled 8,10,12,14,16,18 and they came with 12’s “standard”.

If you add 6 grams to a club .75 short of standard, it will not quite return you to the original swingweight. You lose 5 points at -.75”. You need 1.6 grams per point to return the SW to pre trimming level. That’s 1.6 x 5 = 8.0 grams. A +6 gram weight will get you to about 1.25 point shy of the original SW. Not enough off to be concerned with for normal humans..

Just reiterating for everyone. Be VERY specific when you order about your swingweight so they can add hot melt or tip weights to clubs 1 inch or more under standard length. The heaviest weight is not enough on its own. Do not ASSUME they will do it if you dont ask. If you want D-3, tell them you want at D-3.

Will Titleist actually hot melt a head to get to D3 or D4 swingweight?

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

Will Titleist actually hot melt a head to get to D3 or D4 swingweight?

I actually don’t know if they use tip weights or hot melt once the +6 weight isn’t enough.

All manufacturers do hotmelting in their tour department and on their tour vans.....so.....”I don’t know” is the answer. They certainly have the equipment to do it.

If you play all your woods and hybrids short like I do you buy a hotmelt kit and don’t have to worry about it. I do my own.

Sorry if this comparison has been covered already. Has anyone converted from the Rouge Sub to TS3? How’s it going and are you happy? I’m itching to buy this driver but I’ve has good luck with my RS Handcrafted Hazrdus Yellow combo. Thanks! BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

Sorry if this comparison has been covered already. Has anyone converted from the Rouge Sub to TS3? How's it going and are you happy? I'm itching to buy this driver but I've has good luck with my RS Hazrdus Yellow combo. Thanks! BB

I have Rogue SZ, M3 440 and now TS3.

I like TS3's all black crown, looks clean at address and it makes the head "visually" a little smaller. Sound of the TS3 is extremely LOUD, I may end up take out the weight cartridge all together and replace with hotmelt to bring the SW back up and impact volume down a few decibel. Very easy to hit as you can see my shots pattern are fairly tight, may be on the high side a bit due to shallower head but just need to tee it lower so easy fix. Don't have any hard numbers or on course result for any performance comparison yet. If you are used to Rogue SZ muted, corked bat sound you are def. in for a surprise!

zUDYKJe.jpg

COBRA LTDx LS 9* 

Taylormade P790 2 Iron
Taylormade P790 3 - 4 Irons 
Taylormade P750 5 - 6 Irons 
Taylormade P730 7 - 9 Irons
ARTISAN GOLF 0318 mallet

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 45* wedge 

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 50* wedge
ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 55* wedge

Sorry if this comparison has been covered already. Has anyone converted from the Rouge Sub to TS3? How's it going and are you happy? I'm itching to buy this driver but I've has good luck with my RS Hazrdus Yellow combo. Thanks! BB

I have Rogue SZ, M3 440 and now TS3.

I like TS3's all black crown, looks clean at address and it makes the head "visually" a little smaller. Sound of the TS3 is extremely LOUD, I may end up take out the weight cartridge all together and replace with hotmelt to bring the SW back up and impact volume down a few decibel. Very easy to hit as you can see my shots pattern are fairly tight, may be on the high side a bit due to shallower head but just need to tee it lower so easy fix. Don't have any hard numbers or on course result for any performance comparison yet. If you are used to Rogue SZ muted, corked bat sound you are def. in for a surprise!

zUDYKJe.jpg

I hit the TS3 indoors in a fairly tight space and it was really loud. I chalked it up to hitting in a fairly small area. Mine should be here next week and will see how it sounds on the course. My M2 has some hot melt and is pretty muted so it will definitely be an adjustment.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

Is there sound similar to the 917 D3 or is it worse?

Titleist TSR3 (8*) w/ AD-DI 6x

Titleist TSi3 (15*) w/ AD-DI 8x

Titleist TSR3 (19*) w/ AD-DI Hybird 85x 

Titleist TS3 (21*) w/ AD-DI Hybrid 85x

T100S 5-PW w/ PX LZ 6.0 Blackout

Titleist Vokey Wedgeworks 50F-54D-60T w/ TT DG S400

Toulon First Run San Diego w/ KBS TourGPS

Thanks, the sound makes sense since it’s not a composite crown. I’m not one that’s bothered too much with ”tingy” assuming it performs.

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

I really like the UST elements platinum shaft. I noticed that it has the t1100 in the tip like the new even flow white. Does anybody have experience with these two and know if they might have a similar feel? Thanks!

Me personally I faired better with the Platinum over the EFW. I only hit the Platinum in my 917 D2, I have not put it in my TS3 yet. Still playing with the Smoke I was fitted with.

Was fit this morning into the TS3, 9.5, A1/+2g neutral weight, 45", hard step Diamana LTD D+ White 70 S. The fitter and I messed around with the S and X, and decided that an in-between would be the best option. Gained about 4mph ball speed, and spin was right around 2350, which put everything right in my preferred window. Feel and sound were perfect for me, and even better once we put my DI-7 in as well. The fitter told me to hold on to both shafts, and swap around as I see fit.

I thought, both from a performance and aesthetic standpoint, that this driver was one of the best that Titleist has produced. No Kool-aid here, just going off of what I like to see in a driver. I wish that they had stuck with the grey that they used in the 917, but really, if you played the 910-915 for any amount of time, you don't even realize that the grey is gone after one swing.

Titleist TSR3 10* - Tour AD-DI 6S
Titleist TSR3 16.5* - HZRDUS 4G 80S
Titleist T200 3 Iron - Tour AD-DI 85S
Titleist T100S 4 - Project X 6.0

Titleist T100 5-9 - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM7 Raw 46* - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 Raw 52*M - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 Raw 58*T - Project X 6.0
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless NP 2

Titleist Pro V1

I really like the UST elements platinum shaft. I noticed that it has the t1100 in the tip like the new even flow white. Does anybody have experience with these two and know if they might have a similar feel? Thanks!

Me personally I faired better with the Platinum over the EFW. I only hit the Platinum in my 917 D2, I have not put it in my TS3 yet. Still playing with the Smoke I was fitted with.

Do you feel like the smoke feels similar to the platinum at all?

Had my fitting today. Best numbers came from the TS2 9.5 with Smoke 60-S. Unfortunately it was still a little higher in spin than my Mizuno JPX 850. I liked the look of both the TS2/3 and can't say a bad thing about either. Definitely went through the shafts on the TS2 as that was giving the best numbers consistently. I was ready to buy if there was any big difference but for me it wasn't there.

Fairway: This is where I thought this line would shine for me. and they do. Ended up with the TS3, A1, CG setting fade and weight +2g. Shaft is smoke 70g 6.5. I was looking for something to go 230-235 in the air and not climb to much. This did it and more. I've struggled off the deck with a 3w lately and have avoided it at all cost. With the TS3 most were at the upper end of 235 with the best couple at 242 in the air. These were all of the deck and didn't hit it off the tee because I liked the look and I'm not worried about it not performing. I felt like with this setup I could go after it and not over draw it to the right (I'm a lefty). Really pleased with how they set up behind the ball.

BAG UNDER CONSTRUCTION/TINKERING...Now and Forever.

Had my fitting today. Best numbers came from the TS2 9.5 with Smoke 60-S. Unfortunately it was still a little higher in spin than my Mizuno JPX 850. I liked the look of both the TS2/3 and can't say a bad thing about either. Definitely went through the shafts on the TS2 as that was giving the best numbers consistently. I was ready to buy if there was any big difference but for me it wasn't there.

Fairway: This is where I thought this line would shine for me. and they do. Ended up with the TS3, A1, CG setting fade and weight +2g. Shaft is smoke 70g 6.5. I was looking for something to go 230-235 in the air and not climb to much. This did it and more. I've struggled off the deck with a 3w lately and have avoided it at all cost. With the TS3 most were at the upper end of 235 with the best couple at 242 in the air. These were all of the deck and didn't hit it off the tee because I liked the look and I'm not worried about it not performing. I felt like with this setup I could go after it and not over draw it to the right (I'm a lefty). Really pleased with how they set up behind the ball.

surprised you got fit into a 60s driver and a x stiff 70 fairway.