Titleist's new TS 2 & TS 3 driver - shot @ 2018 US Open

GolfWRX

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit that my swing isn't in mid season form right now but I am consistently hooking my TS3. I have reduced loft to effectively open the face and that didn't help. Next step is to change the weight for my round this afternoon.

Reducing loft opens face... but only statically. To play less loft you have square the face which negates the open face. Read Wishon's post about how adjustable drivers work.

To reduce the rotation of the clubhead through the ball, you need to adjust the hosel to flat settings... .75º flat std loft B1 or .75º flat and .75º less loft C1.

The B1 setting with the weight in the fade position helped a ton. I actually left more out to the right than I hit left.

I am really impressed with the distance I am seeing from this club when not centered. The course was pretty wet yesterday so not a ton of roll out but it was nice to get some carry distances when the pitch mark was within a yard of the ball.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

I must admit that my swing isn't in mid season form right now but I am consistently hooking my TS3. I have reduced loft to effectively open the face and that didn't help. Next step is to change the weight for my round this afternoon.

Reducing loft opens face... but only statically. To play less loft you have square the face which negates the open face. Read Wishon's post about how adjustable drivers work.

To reduce the rotation of the clubhead through the ball, you need to adjust the hosel to flat settings... .75º flat std loft B1 or .75º flat and .75º less loft C1.

The B1 setting with the weight in the fade position helped a ton. I actually left more out to the right than I hit left.

I am really impressed with the distance I am seeing from this club when not centered. The course was pretty wet yesterday so not a ton of roll out but it was nice to get some carry distances when the pitch mark was within a yard of the ball.

Awesome to hear. Here's tips on how to adjust the Titleist drivers... for a right handed golfer.

CG weight... use it to control CG for your misses on the face, not to control flight. If you have tendencies to miss in the heel place the weight on draw. If you have tendencies to miss in the toe place the weight on fade. DO NOT USE THE WEIGHT TO CONTROL FACE ANGLE its simply a small change in CG to help your tendencies. If you play "army golf" on your contact leave the CG weight on neutral. THE CG WEIGHT IS THE MOST MISUNDERSTOOD PIECE OF THE PUZZLE!!! Use it to control your face mishit tendencies.

Sure Fit Hosel for Dynamic Face Rotation... If you want help releasing the face or increase face rotation then you want upright lie settings, start with A2 and then back off to fine tune. If you want the club to "not go left" or place a tendency to go right then you want to flatten the lie, start with B1. Both these setting are standard loft.

Sure Fit Hosel for Spin Control... If you need more spin start with A4, less spin place on D1. Remember adjusting loft does close/open the face respectively but only statically. To actually play that loft you must rotate the face to a square position at address and more importantly hit the ball with a square face angle!

TSR3 9º Driver - Helium Black 5F5 @ 45.5”     

TSR2 15º Fwy - LinQ M40X Blue 7F5     

TSR2 18º Hyb  - Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F5
T200 #4 @ 1º Weak - Recoil Proto Utility 110F5

T100 #5-P - Modus 120X

SM10 Raw 50.12F @ 51º, 56.12D, 60.08M @ 61º - Mouds 120X
SeeMore Mini Giant Deep Flange - SuperStroke Flatso 1.0

Pro V1 - Yellow

Awesome to hear. Here's tips on how to adjust the Titleist drivers... for a right handed golfer.

CG weight... use it to control CG for your misses on the face, not to control flight. If you have tendencies to miss in the heel place the weight on draw. If you have tendencies to miss in the toe place the weight on fade. DO NOT USE THE WEIGHT TO CONTROL FACE ANGLE its simply a small change in CG to help your tendencies. If you play "army golf" on your contact leave the CG weight on neutral. THE CG WEIGHT IS THE MOST MISUNDERSTOOD PIECE OF THE PUZZLE!!! Use it to control your face mishit tendencies.

Sure Fit Hosel for Dynamic Face Rotation... If you want help releasing the face or increase face rotation then you want upright lie settings, start with A2 and then back off to fine tune. If you want the club to "not go left" or place a tendency to go right then you want to flatten the lie, start with B1. Both these setting are standard loft.

Sure Fit Hosel for Spin Control... If you need more spin start with A4, less spin place on D1. Remember adjusting loft does close/open the face respectively but only statically. To actually play that loft you must rotate the face to a square position at address and more importantly hit the ball with a square face angle!

This is the best explanation I’ve ever seen on this site on how to dial in your Titleist driver.

Awesome explanation. I'm confident I will have this thing dialed in after another trip or two to the range.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

I’m sold. I don’t do simulators. I’m a bit old school. I need to hit them outside and see the flight.

Finally hit the TS3 demo yesterday evening after playing 36 holes. 8.5 degree EF 65x

Physically tired and in 50 degree weather in hit 8 balls off the number 1 tee box at sunset. Short 353 yard par four.

2 a little hooky and left. My normal tired miss. One was a bit of a shove right. 5 of them piped 280 to 290 With zero roll. It was Damp and last 80 yards are a bit uphill to the green. Just had a little flip wedge to the pin.

I’m not sure why a lot of people think they are loud. I’m not really sensing that.

I do think I’ll go with the 9.5. Felt like I was trying just a little bit too hard to elevate the 8.5.

Definitely playing it at no more than 44” and hotmelting it. I can’t stand these monster 45 inch or longer drivers.

For the owners of the TS3, how many tiny magnets are attached to your weight bar ? I only received 1, but according to the picture on their website, it should have 2 magnets ( tiny 1/4" silver pieces )

One side has an fixed metal end the other side is the detachable magnet, that's why it looks to have two.

For the owners of the TS3, how many tiny magnets are attached to your weight bar ? I only received 1, but according to the picture on their website, it should have 2 magnets ( tiny 1/4" silver pieces )

Definitely just the one. The picture on the website confused me at first as well.

If you are looking at it and trying to figure out how to get it right, just rotate the bar...that seemed to work for me and it made sense but now I have basically decided just to leave it in there and not fidget with it.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

SAM, I'm so glad that you've attempted to set golfers straight on how the Titleist SureFit hosel settings should be used to aid ball flight. Every time I hear golfers (or even many instructors) say "I changed the loft xx degrees", I think to myself "only if you then actually square the club face at impact". And I've never heard anyone (other than you) describe the ability to reduce left/right tendencies by changing the lie settings, which is something that I've used to help me increase face rotation.

TaylorMade Stealth 2 12° - Ventus Velo Blue 5R2

PING G425 Max 5-Wood (@16.5°) / 7-Wood (@19.5°) - Ventus Velo Red 5R2

Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 21° / 24° - AD HY 65R

Mizuno MP245 6-GW - AD 75R SSx1

TaylorMade MG4 52.08 - AD 75S (8i) / 56.12TW - AD 75S (9i)

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 WH

Titleist ProV1x

One side has an fixed metal end the other side is the detachable magnet, that's why it looks to have two.

Oh ok, it sure looks like 2 weights though ! Wonder how they split that one weight for Neutral ?

Oh ok, it sure looks like 2 weights though ! Wonder how they split that one weight for Neutral ?

Interesting, I've had my TS3 for over a month and didn't know about the detachable magnet. Doh! I never bothered to look since it was working nicely for me as it is. At B1 with +2 weight cartridge.

Looks like the weight cartridge can be flipped around for fade or draw settings. I'll go and look now. Ha.

63 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

TM Stealth 10.5, GD XC-6 stiff

TM Qi10 3HL GD DI-7 stiff

TM SIM2 Rescue 19* & 23*

TM P770 5-PW, DG120 S300

TM MG4 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

i was very excited this past week to hit the TS drivers against my Rogue. Being a Titleist Driver fanboy of sorts i had played the 910, 913 (twice), 915 and 917 drivers and went to the Rogue this year just before the TS drivers were announced. I have to say i wasn't disappointed in the TS line as they were very close in numbers however the Rogue was a touch longer and more accurate. Ball speeds were within 2 MPH of each other however the Rogue carried farther with better spin numbers... 2400 range compared to 2800 range. I guess if there is one let down it is that the Titleist drivers were not more accurate which was the main reason i played them in the past. With that said i wasn't able to hit a TS driver with my gamer shaft (Atmos TS Blue)... that may have been the difference maker. The Titleist "Real Deal" shafts felt loose in my opinion. I honestly thought i was leaving with a new driver... Rogue your safe for now.

Driver...TBD

3 wood... TBD

Ping G430 #3 hybrid with RDX red 80 

Srixon ZX MK 11 #3 Utility iron 

Wilson Staff CB 4-PW with DG mid 115 

Wedges... TBD

Scotty Cameron Champions choice Newport 2+ @ 34 inches

Pro V1 

One round under my belt with my TS3 and love it! Anyone else think the Hazrdus Smoke 6.0 is pretty darn stiff? Granted it was 45 degrees yesterday so not a very good test sample but I wish I would’ve gone with the 5.5 instead. BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

The one sliver end piece on the right side of the neutral picture is permanently attached.

In the fade picture the entire weight has been flipped the opposite direction. The permanent piece is now the inside piece on the left side of the weight in that picture.

One silver piece moves. One does not.

Dude... Seriously?

The one sliver end piece on the right side of the neutral picture is permanently attached.

In the fade picture the entire weight has been flipped the opposite direction. The permanent piece is now the inside piece on the left side of the weight in that picture.

That makes sense, I was too focused on the little shiny pieces and red dots

Dude... Seriously?

That makes sense, I was too focused on the little shiny pieces and red dots

The picture is definitely a bit confusing because the body of the weight itself looks the same in every picture. In the bottom picture you might not know it’s supposed to be flipped if you haven’t used those weights before. I have a 917 so I knew what they meant.

One round under my belt with my TS3 and love it! Anyone else think the Hazrdus Smoke 6.0 is pretty darn stiff? Granted it was 45 degrees yesterday so not a very good test sample but I wish I would’ve gone with the 5.5 instead. BB

I was fitted for the 6.5, the one I got with my order feels way stiffer than the xflex I tested.

I was fitted for the 6.5, the one I got with my order feels way stiffer than the xflex I tested.

It might be that the overall weight is fairly light, don’t know but it feels stiff to me.

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

Have a couple rounds under my belt now with the TS2 with the Hazardous smoke 6.0 at 45 inch and 9.5 loft.

I have to say that I have always favored Titleist drivers because I have much more consistent results and they have the solid feel I like vs other drivers. Since the 910 the Titleist drivers have been good but not great but with the TS2 they have finally delivered the goods, great feel and distance. Not sure about the spin and launch but I am 10 to 15 yards longer with the combo and feel is better than the 910. May be a combination of the shaft and head but not gonna overthink it but will just say well done!

Titleist TSR2 GD UB 6S
TEE CB5 4 wood Fubuki Tour
Srixon ZX7 5-pw Nippon Modus 120
Miura custom raw 50 54, 56 Nippon WV 125

David Mills SG Dale Pencil flowneck
David Mills Custom torched Heritage SS flow neck
David Mills Custom Carbon flow neck Hertitage V2 with Nitride finish
David Mills Carbon Ming V3 pencil flow neck
Byron Rincon DH89

Well testing complete TS2 v TS3 to see if anything can replace my 910 D2.

Winner on the day was the TS3 8.5 deg with the easy flow 6.0.

I did pick up a lot of extra distance mainly due to the trusty 910 not really hitting the right launch conditions.

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix / Bridgestone Tour B-X

Well testing complete TS2 v TS3 to see if anything can replace my 910 D2.

Winner on the day was the TS3 8.5 deg with the easy flow 6.0.

I did pick up a lot of extra distance mainly due to the trusty 910 not really hitting the right launch conditions.

So...ordered?

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Hey Sam, how does adding additional weight to the head affect the ball flight? My setup is TS2 45 inches at D2. The red weight. Curious if I swapped to a heavier weight and went to D3 or D4 (standard setup at 45.5 inches). More spin or less spin? Easier to hit it left or right? Thanks.

got my first round in with the new TS3 on saturday. I have to say, I am very pleased.

Sound, feel, contact was so much nicer than my previous M3.

Sound - nice muted sound off the face

Feel - the feel was more "thin" feeling vs feeling like I just hit a 1 piece ball with the M3

Contact - I made significantly better contact with the TS3 over the TS2

3 wood is my next upgrade. What are most of you guys playing in your fairway woods? TS2 or 3?

TM Qi10 LS - Ventus Blue 6X

TM Stealth 2+ 3W - Ventus Blue TR 7X

Titleist TSi3 3H - Tensei Pro White 100TX

Titleist T150 - KBS Tour 130X

Titleist Vokey SM6 Raw (50, 54) - DG S400

Vokey SM9 Black Raw - S400

Bettinardi Queen B #15

I see the post above mine, I like hearing that about the TS3 vs. M3, anyone else have comparisons?

My main concern, and I'd like to try the TS series soon, is with forgiveness, my 915-917 seem to just lose ballspeed like crazy missing just a little, not big misses usually but just .25" from the center where with drivers like the Rogue Sub-zero or M3 I notice that much less

Driver - Who knows!?

Ping G430 3W  15@14 Ventus Black 8X

Taylormade TPMC 2011 3-4 X100

Titleist 716MB 5-PW X100

Ping Glide 3.0 50, 55, 60 SS X100 50-55, S400 60

Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie 36" CB

I see the post above mine, I like hearing that about the TS3 vs. M3, anyone else have comparisons?

My main concern, and I'd like to try the TS series soon, is with forgiveness, my 915-917 seem to just lose ballspeed like crazy missing just a little, not big misses usually but just .25" from the center where with drivers like the Rogue Sub-zero or M3 I notice that much less

My results are limited by 1 round but I hit a drive off the toe and still poked it 290 on an uphill with a slight push draw. Twist face is a bunch of bull.

TM Qi10 LS - Ventus Blue 6X

TM Stealth 2+ 3W - Ventus Blue TR 7X

Titleist TSi3 3H - Tensei Pro White 100TX

Titleist T150 - KBS Tour 130X

Titleist Vokey SM6 Raw (50, 54) - DG S400

Vokey SM9 Black Raw - S400

Bettinardi Queen B #15

got my first round in with the new TS3 on saturday. I have to say, I am very pleased.

Feel - the feel was more "thin" feeling vs feeling like I just hit a 1 piece ball with the M3

3 wood is my next upgrade. What are most of you guys playing in your fairway woods? TS2 or 3?

I went with a 13.5 TS2. Pretty much only hit it off the tee, and I've been very impressed with it so far.

Titleist TSi3 9* | Project X HZRDUS Gen 4 70 6.5

Callaway AI Smoke ◆◆◆ 3 wood 15* | Project X Denali Black 70 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19* | Mitsubishi Tensei 1k Black 85tx

Callaway Apex TCB 21' 4-A | KBS $-Taper S+

Callaway Jaws 54* S-Grind | True Temper Dynamic Gold S400

Callaway Jaws Raw 58* Z-GrindTrue Temper Dynamic Gold S400

Taylormade Spider X 

My results are limited by 1 round but I hit a drive off the toe and still poked it 290 on an uphill with a slight push draw. Twist face is a bunch of bull.

Same here. Hit a slight push (dead straight) into the right rough and the Garmin watch clocked it at 293 with slight tailwind going uphill and roll of ~3-5 yards.

I went TS3 in driver TS2 in fairway wood, like the added forgiveness and easier to elevate.

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X