Quicken Loans National @ TPC Potomac

Creedo77

I'd have to call it a typical tournament. Molinari is playing some of the best golf ever. And most of the coverage has been on Tiger.

Guess the Tiger fanboys are happy, but it's not balanced coverage. Unless, of course, you're a fanboy.

Good thing the viewership ratings pay for the continued coverage every week to help promote the game of golf!

It's simple economics, grow up. What sells? What pays the bills? Tiger Woods

The tour almost went bankrupt the last 10 years? wait a minute...

Nike went out of golf club business, Ben Hogan went bankrupt, Taylormade has been sold twice?? Cleveland Golf or srixon was bought out by the other, Titleist even went to the stock market. Adams was sold and shut down.

I'm sure I'm missing others.

Viewership ratings are through the roof when Tiger is on. More money is being made. Period.

Nike golf was losing 100 million a year when tiger was in his prime so that destroys your argument... Nobody is arguing ratings, the discussion is health of the pro game and its just fine. Purses have gone way up in majors and WGC the most the last 5 years when a certain somebody barely played. I love tiger but your blindspot is obvious

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in case real golf fans missed something, a couple of dudes got to 13 under, some punk had a 62 or something and another pleb had a 64, but the biggest talking point was what was tiger thinking about with that shirt and trouser combo

Tiger used to be a good dresser on the course. Now, he tends to dress like a high schooler.

Tiger used to dress very classy. The TW line of shirts were always more traditional and I loved them. Now they have some very strange patterns and color combos. I hate that line down the back his recent shirts. Let's see how Nike messed up his Sunday red shirt today

love the line down the back

Well what a smile. Maybe he does enjoy playing for 2nd?

Hes the king out there.

Hmmm, not sure if I like amandas new look.

Bsc... Come on now!

Big, big fan of Amanda...

Still diggin amanda! Just not sure if I like the blonde do as much.

I've been a fan of brunettes my entire life. Italian ones at that... Good thing I ended up with one ?

That said, Amanda has a certain something going on...

Molinari gets his first major in a few weeks.

That's a big stretch.. it's the Open. It's Carnoustie. That wind.

Not really. hes won now 3-4 times in the last 15 months worldwide, finished T2 at the PGA last year and finished 20th and 25th at this years first 2 majors. hard not to see him do well at carnoustie with how straight he hits it.

Doing well, sure. Calling a win 3 weeks before the tournament?? Not this guy.

Molinari is as straight as they come. That’s what Carnoustie needs.

Dude was a machine. That was fun to watch....

I'd have to call it a typical tournament. Molinari is playing some of the best golf ever. And most of the coverage has been on Tiger.

Guess the Tiger fanboys are happy, but it's not balanced coverage. Unless, of course, you're a fanboy.

Good thing the viewership ratings pay for the continued coverage every week to help promote the game of golf!

It’s simple economics, grow up. What sells? What pays the bills? Tiger Woods

Yet the Tour flourished while he was on the bench.

I'm not saying he doesn't push it to crazy levels but let's be honest... The Tour is in good shape..

It's simple economics, grow up. What sells? What pays the bills? Tiger Woods

The tour almost went bankrupt the last 10 years? wait a minute...

Nike went out of golf club business, Ben Hogan went bankrupt, Taylormade has been sold twice?? Cleveland Golf or srixon was bought out by the other, Titleist even went to the stock market. Adams was sold and shut down.

I'm sure I'm missing others.

Viewership ratings are through the roof when Tiger is on. More money is being made. Period.

Nike golf was losing 100 million a year when tiger was in his prime so that destroys your argument... Nobody is arguing ratings, the discussion is health of the pro game and its just fine. Purses have gone way up in majors and WGC the most the last 5 years when a certain somebody barely played. I love tiger but your blindspot is obvious

You made that up entirely. Proves you know nothing about this discussion. Nike golf was profitable with Tiger at the helm, just not AS profitable as Nike wanted it to be so they s*** it down and invested in the clothing line, which they dominate and has greater returns.

Sooooo yeah, you can stop looking like a fool any post now.

Hes the king out there.

Bsc... Come on now!

I've been a fan of brunettes my entire life. Italian ones at that... Good thing I ended up with one

yeah she has crazy eyes. stay away from crazy eyes i always say

Molinari is as straight as they come. That's what Carnoustie needs.

Dude was a machine. That was fun to watch....

yeah just some pure good golf

Tiger gave away 4 strokes on the back nine. C'mon Tiger you can't be missing 2.5 footers and missing fairways with a 4 iron. And that missed 5-6 footer on #10 used to be AUTOMATIC on Sundays. Hopefully he puts it all together for the rest of the year and imo he is going to be Tiger of old in 2019.

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 7 wood Rogue 130MSI 80

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 4-PW KBS Tour

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

shilgy...

Absolutely not and false. It is a weaker field event sure but a W is a W. If Tiger somehow won i would be here applauding him. I resent you putting me in some category like "naysayers of tiger". Dig up my posts about him. i have said on multiple occasions dating to last winter that if he can play a semi full schedule semi contend and not get hurt its a victory. The tiger fanatics are the ones invested in him winning at all costs.Im not because besides his obvious physical problems he simply wasnt the same player he was and its a hard fact for alot to grapple with. Its actually OK and normal that hes not the player he used to be. Hes still a great player that needs these kinds of courses to contend IMO because it takes driver out of his hands and allows him to focus on his irons and approaches. His putting has been trash by his standards for basically 8 out of the last 9 years (2013 being the obvious exception). Ive told you this many times Shil, im a huge tiger fan but dont wear rose colored glasses. Im rooting for him to get a W but its not the end of the world if he doesnt this year or beyond. Hes playing seemingly pain free which is great for everyone. Molinari is certainly not the second coming but he has doneway more than tiger in the last 2-3 months results wise to be viewed as a potential contender at carnoustie than tiger has.Ill be ecstatic to be proven wrong by tiger but im realistic. I truly believe that tigers best chances at majors moving forward are at the british as drivers are usually not a factor. he did great there in 99 and 07 when he was in his prime. Im curious how he handles it now. i would think fleetwood winning the dunhill links there last fall and molinari with his recent good play would be in the mix. Should be a great event either way

LOL my friend was a nike rep for 8 years. their only profitable divison in golf was soft goods shoes and clothing. Balls and clubs etc was losing 80-100 million a year. its verifiable. FYI its not tigers fault either way. look up major purses and WGC purses and get back to me. US open purse is up 100% in 10 years... golf is fine. you seem to relate tiger with adams going bankrupt... think that over and avoid the revisionist history

Tiger gave away 4 strokes on the back nine. C'mon Tiger you can't be missing 2.5 footers and missing fairways with a 4 iron. And that missed 5-6 footer on #10 used to be AUTOMATIC on Sundays. Hopefully he puts it all together for the rest of the year and imo he is going to be Tiger of old in 2019.

Sure 10+ years ago. its unfair to him to believe he can maintain that forever.Nerves and mental blocks get to everyone eventually. Despite that hes had good results which is something he can build on. After all, Golf is really hard!!

shilgy...

Absolutely not and false. It is a weaker field event sure but a W is a W. If Tiger somehow won i would be here applauding him. I resent you putting me in some category like "naysayers of tiger". Dig up my posts about him. i have said on multiple occasions dating to last winter that if he can play a semi full schedule semi contend and not get hurt its a victory. The tiger fanatics are the ones invested in him winning at all costs.Im not because besides his obvious physical problems he simply wasnt the same player he was and its a hard fact for alot to grapple with. Its actually OK and normal that hes not the player he used to be. Hes still a great player that needs these kinds of courses to contend IMO because it takes driver out of his hands and allows him to focus on his irons and approaches. His putting has been trash by his standards for basically 8 out of the last 9 years (2013 being the obvious exception). Ive told you this many times Shil, im a huge tiger fan but dont wear rose colored glasses. Im rooting for him to get a W but its not the end of the world if he doesnt this year or beyond. Hes playing seemingly pain free which is great for everyone. Molinari is certainly not the second coming but he has doneway more than tiger in the last 2-3 months results wise to be viewed as a potential contender at carnoustie than tiger has.Ill be ecstatic to be proven wrong by tiger but im realistic. I truly believe that tigers best chances at majors moving forward are at the british as drivers are usually not a factor. he did great there in 99 and 07 when he was in his prime. Im curious how he handles it now. i would think fleetwood winning the dunhill links there last fall and molinari with his recent good play would be in the mix. Should be a great event either way

We mostly agree I think. I certainly don't expect Tiger 2000 to ever be "back". But then I don't see anyone posting that and imo you're too quick to put down anyone that says "Tigerrrrr" lol. :) That's all I'm saying.

Let everyone root for whom they wish to. Well, anyone but that making a mockery of the game Phil , hah!!

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Hes the king out there.

Bsc... Come on now!

I've been a fan of brunettes my entire life. Italian ones at that... Good thing I ended up with one ?

Nice, me too, buddy. Got a green eyed sicilian with an attitude and knife skills.

If she sees me sayin amanda cute, I could end up like luca brasi ; )

To whoever up above says that the other players are a cut above Tiger, that’s just simply not true. Only 3 players were better than him today.

Tiger still drives it with the best of them. Hits his irons with the best of them and has shown the propensity to putt very well. Just like every other elite player it is just a matter of when will it all come together. He’s different than he was at his prime, but at his core he’s still Tiger.

You never sleep on the greats.

LOL my friend was a nike rep for 8 years. their only profitable divison in golf was soft goods shoes and clothing. Balls and clubs etc was losing 80-100 million a year. its verifiable. FYI its not tigers fault either way. look up major purses and WGC purses and get back to me. US open purse is up 100% in 10 years... golf is fine. you seem to relate tiger with adams going bankrupt... think that over and avoid the revisionist history

Nope, you said Nike Golf was losing 100 million every year! Again, don’t even remember what you’re saying. Just so hard up on wanting to argue with me over the fact that Tiger makes money and pays the bills, that’s why he’s on tv. You’re wrong, I’m right. Plain and simple. Tiger is the needle that moves the ratings. Don’t like it, don’t watch. There’s only 1 scenario where the cameras aren’t pointed at Tiger in a golf tournament - when he isn’t there.

shilgy...

holy shyt ! low.... what an compelling counter point. Run for a government office ... I'd vote for ya.

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

Nope, you said Nike Golf was losing 100 million every year! Again, don’t even remember what you’re saying. Just so hard up on wanting to argue with me over the fact that Tiger makes money and pays the bills, that’s why he’s on tv. You’re wrong, I’m right. Plain and simple. Tiger is the needle that moves the ratings. Don’t like it, don’t watch. There’s only 1 scenario where the cameras aren’t pointed at Tiger in a golf tournament - when he isn’t there.

This should end well...

shilgy...

We mostly agree I think. I certainly don't expect Tiger 2000 to ever be "back". But then I don't see anyone posting that and imo you're too quick to put down anyone that says "Tigerrrrr" lol. :) That's all I'm saying.

Let everyone root for whom they wish to. Well, anyone but that making a mockery of the game Phil , hah!!

Beyond the noise we obviously agree. The one caveat is that there is a bunch of people making that exact claim without looking at the calendar. i actually enjoy watching the emotional meltdown when tiger is teasing the leaderboard on here. Im rooting for him especially for him to have his Jack in 86 moment. lets see if it happens

This should end well...

Not my fault he’s being hard headed with a simple response pages ago. He complained about coverage being about Tiger despite T-4th finish.

Well, Tiger moves the needles and makes everyone (tv execs, sponsors, pga, the purses, you name it) more money when he’s on tv. It’s fact.

Nope, you said Nike Golf was losing 100 million every year! Again, don't even remember what you're saying. Just so hard up on wanting to argue with me over the fact that Tiger makes money and pays the bills, that's why he's on tv. You're wrong, I'm right. Plain and simple. Tiger is the needle that moves the ratings. Don't like it, don't watch. There's only 1 scenario where the cameras aren't pointed at Tiger in a golf tournament - when he isn't there.

They were losing that every year.... also this is tigers event and im ok with the cameras being on him because he played well and was somewhat in contention. golf was fine when he was on the shelf and is just fine now. youre arguing with yourself but keep thinking cobra or taylor made being sold is connected to tiger... The tour moved on from tiger 9 years ago whether you accept that or not. Im a huge fan of his but tiger is not paying any bills and hasnt been for a long while.

You seem very insecure in your claim that youre right and im wrong. its 2018 not 2008.

Nope, you said Nike Golf was losing 100 million every year! Again, don't even remember what you're saying. Just so hard up on wanting to argue with me over the fact that Tiger makes money and pays the bills, that's why he's on tv. You're wrong, I'm right. Plain and simple. Tiger is the needle that moves the ratings. Don't like it, don't watch. There's only 1 scenario where the cameras aren't pointed at Tiger in a golf tournament - when he isn't there.

This should end well...

Not my fault he's being hard headed with a simple response pages ago. He complained about coverage being about Tiger despite T-4th finish.

Well, Tiger moves the needles and makes everyone (tv execs, sponsors, pga, the purses, you name it) more money when he's on tv. It's fact.

Never did that was another poster. breathe and reread...

They were losing that every year.... also this is tigers event and im ok with the cameras being on him because he played well and was somewhat in contention. golf was fine when he was on the shelf and is just fine now. youre arguing with yourself but keep thinking cobra or taylor made being sold is connected to tiger... The tour moved on from tiger 9 years ago whether you accept that or not. Im a huge fan of his but tiger is not paying any bills and hasnt been for a long while.

You seem very insecure in your claim that youre right and im wrong. its 2018 not 2008.

You said golf was growing in the last 10 years without him yet I rattled off all those companies who sold or went bankrupt. Is it because Tiger wasn’t there? No. Lol. But don’t tell me golf is growing the past 10 years.

This should end well...

Not my fault he’s being hard headed with a simple response pages ago. He complained about coverage being about Tiger despite T-4th finish.

Well, Tiger moves the needles and makes everyone (tv execs, sponsors, pga, the purses, you name it) more money when he’s on tv. It’s fact.

I'm no TV exec but my guess is that sponsors, purses, tv rights etc, are set years in advance no?

Whether or not cameras are glued to him 24/7 should make no never mind at this point, correct?

Just spit ballin here.

This should end well...

Though shall not blaspheme the messiah!!! lol. As if im arguing that tiger provides ratings... he seems to believe tiger single handedly collapsed adams, nike golf, taylor made being sold...

You said golf was growing in the last 10 years without him yet I rattled off all those companies who sold or went bankrupt. Is it because Tiger wasn’t there? No. Lol. But don’t tell me golf is growing the past 10 years.

I'm too lazy to go back but did he say golf was growing?

I'm too lazy to go back but did he say golf was growing?

Yes