2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

In hand photos of the Ping i500 irons (MERGED)

bunta

Today is a fun day testing on the range, based on trackman and using Srixon Zstar XV (not normalized) data.

Ping i500 #4iron with kbs ctaper S+ standard length and black dot tested by a good buddy of mine, a professional golfer and by the way best of luck for September Qschool ?? @arieirawan

Video of the shot

The swing is solid and the i500 is LEGIT!!!

Rogue ST LS 💎💎💎 9* Autoflex SF505XX

Rogue ST LS #3 15* Autoflex SF505X
Callaway Apex UW 19* TourAD HD7X
TM P790 4i KBS cTaper 115 X

PRGR 00 irons 5-P KBS cTaper 120X
50*-10 Raw JAWS Forged S-grind Modus3 125S
54*-10 Raw JAWS Raw Forged C-grind Modus3 125S
58*-08 Raw JAWS Raw T-grind Modus3 125S
Toulon San Diego long slant neck limited edition 35”

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Video of the shot

https://instagram.com/p/BmqSPmsgSKs/

im calling my local range tomorrow. Im going to tell them to fill the whole thing with water. F*ck me.

Hahaha lol

Ping i500 4-W fitted with DG120 X100 and GolfPride Tour Velvet Align

Swing weight 4&5 iron at D3

6&7 iron at D4

8-9-W at D5

Having tested both indoor with GCQuad and outdoors on the range and on course, the "low" spin numbers on the launch monitor don't really translate to the actual shots. There are so many variables from swing mechanics, range or proper golf balls, etc.

Yes the i500 launches higher despite the strong loft and low spin numbers but the decent angle is relatively steep to stop the ball on the green.

Greens tested today were decent, running at 9.5 on stimp meter on bermuda grass.

I also tested against my Gen1 PXG 0311 T with DG AMT X100 and TM P790 with DG 105 Stiff hard stepped and purposely bend the loft so all irons are identical to the i500.

On short to mid irons, they were all comparable. P790 seemed to have lower launch and roll out more. The PXG does feel softer of the face, more forged feeling. I500 has the highest launch thus carry 3-5 yards further. Based on same loft, ball used were TP5X, all shots hit from the same distance to the flag.

It gets really interesting when comparing the 4-5-6 irons. This is where the i500 shines and out performed the others. The launch, carry and control was just simply amazing. Shot shaping is much easier with the longer irons. Whereas the mid to short iron, they just tend to launch high even on fully compressed shots.

These aren't really apple to apple comparison but just to give an idea on how the i500 performs against other hollowed (or filled) player distance irons. Maybe i'll Do some comparison with the new Miura IC601 since both are quite similar in specs and in hollow iron concept.

I'm planning to do more tweaking with different shafts. Just to see which would perform best.

Happy Golfing guys ����

After 2 weeks testing with DG120 X100, I decided to switched back to KBS cTaper S+ With MCC 4+.

Somehow I prefer the counterbalanced shaft profile and needed to rebalance the each iron head to obtain the desired swing weight.

With total weight of 427grams vs the same shaft and grip settings on epic pro 4i weighing at 417grams.

Will conduct more on course testing and n launch monitor using GCQuad and TP5X and Chrome Soft X.

What's your i500 shaft combinations?

And yet you left the Modus in the lob wedge?

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

Ping i500 4-W fitted with DG120 X100 and GolfPride Tour Velvet Align

Swing weight 4&5 iron at D3

6&7 iron at D4

8-9-W at D5

Having tested both indoor with GCQuad and outdoors on the range and on course, the "low" spin numbers on the launch monitor don't really translate to the actual shots. There are so many variables from swing mechanics, range or proper golf balls, etc.

Yes the i500 launches higher despite the strong loft and low spin numbers but the decent angle is relatively steep to stop the ball on the green.

Greens tested today were decent, running at 9.5 on stimp meter on bermuda grass.

I also tested against my Gen1 PXG 0311 T with DG AMT X100 and TM P790 with DG 105 Stiff hard stepped and purposely bend the loft so all irons are identical to the i500.

On short to mid irons, they were all comparable. P790 seemed to have lower launch and roll out more. The PXG does feel softer of the face, more forged feeling. I500 has the highest launch thus carry 3-5 yards further. Based on same loft, ball used were TP5X, all shots hit from the same distance to the flag.

It gets really interesting when comparing the 4-5-6 irons. This is where the i500 shines and out performed the others. The launch, carry and control was just simply amazing. Shot shaping is much easier with the longer irons. Whereas the mid to short iron, they just tend to launch high even on fully compressed shots.

These aren't really apple to apple comparison but just to give an idea on how the i500 performs against other hollowed (or filled) player distance irons. Maybe i'll Do some comparison with the new Miura IC601 since both are quite similar in specs and in hollow iron concept.

I'm planning to do more tweaking with different shafts. Just to see which would perform best.

Happy Golfing guys ����

After 2 weeks testing with DG120 X100, I decided to switched back to KBS cTaper S+ With MCC 4+.

Somehow I prefer the counterbalanced shaft profile and needed to rebalance the each iron head to obtain the desired swing weight.

With total weight of 427grams vs the same shaft and grip settings on epic pro 4i weighing at 417grams.

Will conduct more on course testing and n launch monitor using GCQuad and TP5X and Chrome Soft X.

What's your i500 shaft combinations?

And yet you left the Modus in the lob wedge?

Got it from tour van. So I left it as is.

So far so good

I'm on my 2nd set of i500. The first set had PX LZ 6.5 and I couldn't hit them to save my life. I normally play X100 but there was something weird going on. Sold them after 1 range session and 18 holes. Ordered another set with Modus 105 X and that did the trick. This thing is long and I mean crazy long. Also ridiculously forgiving! I used to play MP-18 MB and anything will be more forgiving but these are something else. Unless you shank it, any miss will go just as far. Easily 10yds longer or more if you push it. Feel is decent, nothing amazing but much better than P790's in my opinion. Funny thing my 2 sets had different sounds. My first set was a little clicky and didn't bother me at all. You can tell the head is hollow with my 2nd set, it's just different. Again, not bad.

Already played 36 holes and love it. As usual, I doubt all the distance and forgiveness will make a dent on my index but at least I'm having a lot more fun on the course.

Titleist TSR3 9 Fuji Ventus Black 6X

TM BRNR 11.5 Fuji Speeder IV 661S

TM Stealth + 13.5 HZRDUS Blue 70 6.5

Titleist 818 H2 19 Fuji Atmos Blue 8X

Cobra Forged Tec 4-PW DG 120 X100

Vokey SM10 50.08F/56.12D

Scotty Cameron TEi Newport 2

I have had mine for a little over a week and played 5 rounds with them. It's true what they say about forgiveness (easier than my Apex 16 CB) and mishits will go almost as far as flushed shots. And easily a club longer. It's taken me a few rounds to figure it out but man are these fun to play with. And I know my hc is coming down by at least 1 or 2 index points as a result. Have mine (4-9, w, u) with Recoil 95 regular.

I have 2 rounds on mine... I am struggling wih them... They feel great. they look great. but I am not seeing ANY distance gains at all, and in fact compared to my iBlade (Powerspec'd) 7iron, this 7i struggles to fly as far...

8 iron goes just as far, and I can bow up on the Ptching wedge and hit it 145, but its not very accurate

long irons are money (strong 1degree) but the 6 and 7 dont seem any longer than the iblade.

that said, they stop on a dime for me...

175 with my iBlade 7 normal

This one, I feel like I have to kill it to scare 175... its strange 8 iron still goes 165 which is what I had in my iBlades... 9 iron is still 150 but the 7 almost feels dead or something.

Your signature says you have "custom lofts" on the i500. Did you tweak the original lofts ?

Long irons are 1* strong (4/5/6). Wedge is one degree weak.

My clubs on average are 2 degrees stronger than the iBlades. I changed shafts but it was the shaft I was fit into. My range session with the fitting cart 7 was way better.

Update tho. I have 4 full rounds and two emergency 9s.

Getting better. Just not seeing any distance Gaines in the 7/8/9 7 iron still feels funny. It also looks to be a slightly different lie angle. Going to have them checked.

Problem is that 3 if our 4 par 3’s are 170-185. A seven iron.

I am a 6 handicap and have had rounds of 83/81/84/85.

The emergency 9s were yesterday and I played the front nine at 1 under both times.

I finally was hitting my driver well again, and so I can get some real on course play with them.

Getting better, but not there yet.

When they are well struck they are wonderful tho

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Played with mine today and just can’t get over how long these are. I had pxg before and had a set of p790’s early this spring and these feel every bit as good when you flush them. I must be deaf, because I don’t hear the loud sound some are complaining about, and I am playing Bridgestone b series balls.

How long is it taking to get them? I ordered mine with 105’s on August 8th.

You never know when the dreaded “back ordered” raises its ugly head, but I ordered mine a week ago Wednesday and they had arrived one week later on Thursday. Eight days was pretty amazing.

I ordered mine today. Estimated delivery date...

Sept. 15 ???

Apparently it’s a shaft issue though. No 9 iron or wedge shafts in the Nippon 105’s in stock.

Ping G430 Max 9* HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue 🇺🇸 LE

TM SIM Ti 5w Fuji Atmos Blue TS 7x

Ping G410 3h Fuji Atmos Blue TS 8HY

Titleist 816 5h Diamana Blue

Mizuno 919 Forged 6-P, HM Pro 5

Ping Glide Stealth 50 SS, 54 WS, 58 ES

Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2022 slant

TM TP5

Played with mine today and just can’t get over how long these are. I had pxg before and had a set of p790’s early this spring and these feel every bit as good when you flush them. I must be deaf, because I don’t hear the loud sound some are complaining about, and I am playing Bridgestone b series balls.

I only hear the sound with junky range balls

Not being a jerk when I say this.....as a lefty mine arrived in 9 days. Ordered 8/6 and arrived 8/15

I’m a lefty and had a similar experience. Ordered late July and received my irons in less than 2 weeks. PING is as good as it gets when it comes to left handed product availability.

Can thank Bubba for that lol

How long is it taking to get them? I ordered mine with 105's on August 8th.

You never know when the dreaded "back ordered" raises its ugly head, but I ordered mine a week ago Wednesday and they had arrived one week later on Thursday. Eight days was pretty amazing.

I ordered mine today. Estimated delivery date...

Sept. 15

Apparently it's a shaft issue though. No 9 iron or wedge shafts in the Nippon 105's in stock.

Mine were ordered with the Modus 105's- back ordered and expected to ship 8/31

Most of the irritable click/twack sound ive been referring to is from the range with range balls. On the course, the sound is still there albeit muted (not as loud) with my R330's.

What shaft are you using? Just curious do you have steeper or shallower swing ? Do you hear the loud click when you mishit ?

TS3 9.5 / TSi2 15 / Z785 / SM7

I have 2 rounds on mine... I am struggling wih them... They feel great. they look great. but I am not seeing ANY distance gains at all, and in fact compared to my iBlade (Powerspec'd) 7iron, this 7i struggles to fly as far...

8 iron goes just as far, and I can bow up on the Ptching wedge and hit it 145, but its not very accurate

long irons are money (strong 1degree) but the 6 and 7 dont seem any longer than the iblade.

This one, I feel like I have to kill it to scare 175... its strange 8 iron still goes 165 which is what I had in my iBlades... 9 iron is still 150 but the 7 almost feels dead or something.

Your signature says you have "custom lofts" on the i500. Did you tweak the original lofts ?

My clubs on average are 2 degrees stronger than the iBlades. I changed shafts but it was the shaft I was fit into. My range session with the fitting cart 7 was way better.

Getting better. Just not seeing any distance Gaines in the 7/8/9 7 iron still feels funny. It also looks to be a slightly different lie angle. Going to have them checked.

The emergency 9s were yesterday and I played the front nine at 1 under both times.

I finally was hitting my driver well again, and so I can get some real on course play with them.

So youre not getting any distance gains in the 7,8,9. To be fair, the lofts are very similar so the chances of seeing any drastic gains would prob be not very noticeable.

i500 7Iron - 30.5 iblade Pspec - 32

i500 8iron - 35 Iblade PSpec - 36

i500 9iron - 40 iblade Pspec - 40.5

Although i still think you should be able to see some gains with the 7iron but then again its only 1.5 degree diff.

But I know i did, coming from the i25 irons. The distance gains became very noticeable from 7 iron to 4 iron.

Maybe another Powerpsec iblade owner can chime.. i for one am very interested in this because i would like to switch over to iblades due to the sound.

So are you at least seeing gains from the i500 4,5,6 over your Pspec Iblades 4,5,6 ?

Most of the irritable click/twack sound ive been referring to is from the range with range balls. On the course, the sound is still there albeit muted (not as loud) with my R330's.

What shaft are you using? Just curious do you have steeper or shallower swing ? Do you hear the loud click when you mishit ?

Project x LZ

So youre not getting any distance gains in the 7,8,9. To be fair, the lofts are very similar so the chances of seeing any drastic gains would prob be not very noticeable.

Although i still think you should be able to see some gains with the 7iron but then again its only 1.5 degree diff.

But I know i did, coming from the i25 irons. The distance gains became very noticeable from 7 iron to 4 iron.

Maybe another Powerpsec iblade owner can chime.. i for one am very interested in this because i would like to switch over to iblades due to the sound.

So are you at least seeing gains from the i500 4,5,6 over your Pspec Iblades 4,5,6 ?

when I was fit, the 7iron was a full club longer than my current 7, which honestly i dont care about.. I hit the ball plenty far now.. but I dont want to give up distance... I did that with the iBlade when I first got them and I had to send them back and get them powerspec'd

9 iron is fine it goes 150

8 iron is fine it goes 165

7 iron feels dead and goes 165- 175 but it is weird I just seem to not be able to hit this club

6 iron is fine it goes 190

5 iron is money, goes 205

4 iron is money goes 220 off a tee, which is where I will use it...with very little effort maybe 225

new 2 iron G400 hybrid HOLY SMOKES i was swinging great Sunday afternoon and I was hitting it almost if not as far as my 4/3 punch driver that runs out!!! this was AWESOME and my bad contact with it stayed in play on some very tight holes

PW and 7 iron are the only ones I am not sure about.. ptiching wedge was a little off, but I am not really sure about what it is.. I usually dont carry a "Pitching Wedfe" I carry a 46 degree Glide wedge bent to 48 that Is my go to club from 120-135 but that leaves me with a gap that I have trouble hitting.. my 9 iron is 150 but I cant seem to hit it 140 no matter what I do... so I needed a 135-150 club I cant really get the 48* glide past 135, if I step on it, it just goes higher and a little shorter.

so the PW will be the fix once I figure it out... but I will have to choose between it and the 4iron as that makes 15 , and I just have gotten where I love my 60 for the first time and can start hitting it... so I dunno...

may just have to change the clubs based on the day...

life of a Ping Ho i guess

edit: If the iBlade replacement is like this... I will, NO QUESTION, have a set... period

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

when I was fit, the 7iron was a full club longer than my current 7, which honestly i dont care about.. I hit the ball plenty far now.. but I dont want to give up distance... I did that with the iBlade when I first got them and I had to send them back and get them powerspec'd

9 iron is fine it goes 150

8 iron is fine it goes 165

7 iron feels dead and goes 165- 175 but it is weird I just seem to not be able to hit this club

6 iron is fine it goes 190

5 iron is money, goes 205

4 iron is money goes 220 off a tee, which is where I will use it...with very little effort maybe 225

new 2 iron G400 hybrid HOLY SMOKES i was swinging great Sunday afternoon and I was hitting it almost if not as far as my 4/3 punch driver that runs out!!! this was AWESOME and my bad contact with it stayed in play on some very tight holes

PW and 7 iron are the only ones I am not sure about.. ptiching wedge was a little off, but I am not really sure about what it is.. I usually dont carry a "Pitching Wedfe" I carry a 46 degree Glide wedge bent to 48 that Is my go to club from 120-135 but that leaves me with a gap that I have trouble hitting.. my 9 iron is 150 but I cant seem to hit it 140 no matter what I do... so I needed a 135-150 club I cant really get the 48* glide past 135, if I step on it, it just goes higher and a little shorter.

so the PW will be the fix once I figure it out... but I will have to choose between it and the 4iron as that makes 15 , and I just have gotten where I love my 60 for the first time and can start hitting it... so I dunno...

may just have to change the clubs based on the day...

life of a Ping Ho i guess

edit: If the iBlade replacement is like this... I will, NO QUESTION, have a set... period

The distances you just posted above, are they longer than the Pspec Iblade or are they the same ?

same in the 8 and 9

about the same as the iBlades in the 4/5/6 if I SMOKED them and got a good roll, and no wind. The i500 is a great flight, and it goes what I hit it for... fantastic

7 is shorter than the 7 in the iBlade, and the flight is kinda goofy.... I have hit it "on the screws" probably twice now and it went 175... but i have a crazy time hitting it, whereas the rest of the clubs seem effortless.

I really think something is off.. maybe the lie angle "didnt take" when Ping adjusted them. it looks a little different, but it also feels a little different I am going to have all them checked with loft, lie and swingweight.

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis