2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

In hand photos of the Ping i500 irons (MERGED)

bunta

Has anyone still not received their pre-order? I ordered mine about 10 days before release and still haven't gotten mine yet.

TM M4 8.5 Atmos Red

TM Original One Mini 13.5 Diamana F

TM Sim TI 5 wood Diamana F

Sub 70 TAIII 4&5 KBS $-Taper Lite

Sub 70 649 6-P KBS $-Taper Lite

Sub 70 286 50,54 KBS $-Taper Lite

Edel D-Grind 58 KBS Tour Rev 2.0

LAB Directed Force 2.1 73* 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I placed my order less than two weeks ago and they are arriving today. Have you checked with whoever you placed the order with to be sure it went through? You can request a PING order number from whoever you placed the order with. Call PING with that order number and they’ll give you an ETA and/or tracking number. If your local retailer can’t provide you a PING order number, chances are, they didn’t enter the order properly, or the order didn’t go through.

Has anyone still not received their pre-order? I ordered mine about 10 days before release and still haven't gotten mine yet.

Yes, I ordered my irons three weeks ago, not sure what is taking so long. Today is the last day I'm waiting, otherwise I will cancel the order.

Did you order either power spec or retro loft? I am curious how long those orders take to process vs. standard since they have to adjust the loft on each club.

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

Yes, I ordered my irons three weeks ago, not sure what is taking so long. Today is the last day I'm waiting, otherwise I will cancel the order.

Did you order either power spec or retro loft? I am curious how long those orders take to process vs. standard since they have to adjust the loft on each club.

No, My order is just a standard order, nothing special other than extra length with the std lofts.

*Just called and was told they shipped on 2 August via the "Old school Pony Express" (UPS), estimated arrival is Christmas :deadhorse:

Just received my i500s this morning (5-PW, UW, Proj X LZ 6.0), and got out to the course to hit them and play 9 holes this afternoon. Now, I wasn't swinging the best as it was heavy chest workout night last night, and I did some garage cleaning earlier in the day, but....holy s*** do these things hit the ball HIGH!! I mean...HIGH!!! Higher than any iron I've ever hit, by at least 20-25 feet at apex, maybe more. I previously thought my Bridgestone Tour B CBs were easily the highest launching iron I've ever hit, but the i500s tower above them. I could easily go with decreased lofts of an additional 2-3 per iron and still have PLENTY of height to every iron in the bag. Hit the 5 iron off some tee boxes on par 4s today just to get full swings with it, and it was ending up stopping dead at, or even a few times bouncing backward from it's landing spot in the fairway. The descent angle was seemingly straight down.

That being said, they were marginally longer than my Rogue Pros club for club. I didn't hit them side by side today, but just recalling from the same spots/same par 3 tees to compare club(s) typically hit.

As far as feel (I ordered these unhit, with my last meeting with my PING rep), center hits feel and sound extremely powerful. With me being a player that puts "feel" and "sound" above almost everything, I had zero issues with either on center strikes. Felt similar to my i200s, or even the Tour B CBs (one of the softest feeling clubs ever) on those center strikes.

Now...where they were getting to sound and feel a good bit different were on off-center hits. Toe and heel misses instantly had a good bit of hollow feel and sound to them, but more surprisingly, also had (for me) a pretty big drop off in distance, even just a bit off center on the strike...one good thing about this finish is that, just like the i200s, you can see every strike on the face, at least while still new. Dispersion was still ok, as the shots were still more or less on the intended line, but coming up way short of what I expected. So, early on, I'm saying that the i500s ARE NOT as forgiving as I thought they might be, and definitely less forgiving than my i200s and especially my Rogue Pros. Rogue Pros are stupidly forgiving for the profile, especially on toe side mishits....even dramatic toe misses.

Again, not my best swing today, as I was a bit weak and stiff from last night's workout, but initially I do like these in terms of looks, feel, and sound...when struck well. The extreme height is something I might have to get used to, as it was honestly so high it was almost uncomfortable. I've never hit shot after shot that high. I may send them in to have the lofts strengthened to bring that down more. It's so high that I couldn't flight it down for anything, but...I can hit ANY of the irons over ANYTHING I want...no tree will be in the way as long I'm not right up against the trunk. But if I am under those trees...there's zero way I can knock them down to get out from underneath them (I tried a few punch shots just for giggles)...unless I just punch them 40-60 yards back to the fairway, there's no chance I can hit a curvy "stinger" out from under some branches and get to/close to the green from 140+ yards.

Found a very different experience on the forgiveness end. I've only got 2 rounds on mine but I find them considerably more forgiving than my JPX 900 Forged and i200s. While the feel isn't the best, thin shots easily reached my intended target. Toe shots are a bit punished but still very good. The sound does change when missed as you said. I would put these in between the i200 and G400 in terms of forgiveness. I definitely agree on the height of the shots. I hit a high ball anyway and spin has never been a problem but to be able to hit a 4-5 iron this high and see the distances I am seeing is nothing short of nirvana. It definitely gives me confidence. From a spin perspective, I am seeing no issues at all. I can see how a low spin player may have issues but I have actually backed up an 8 iron with these clubs and the added height is giving even my missed shots drop and stop performance. When I first took these clubs to the range, I wondered if I could game them. Didn't like the sound and feel was different than I had experienced in my demos. (I sorta chalk that up to the fitting adapters I hate those things as they definitely change things in every club I have tried no matter the brand). After playing with them though, they aren't going anywhere. I have tried G400s and Hot Metals. Those clubs make the game easier and I would game them if it weren't for the looks. I just couldn't live with that. The i500s solve the looks problem and give me that level of game improvement.

Please keep us updated about the forgiveness of the irons. Thats my big thing on these. I've hit the demo 7i on a Trackman and got crazy distances with it and loved the look, but coming from the G25s I'm worried I'd end up losing just way too much forgiveness that I've become so accustomed to.

TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

I picked up my set last Tuesday and it has taken a while to get used to a number of differences between these and the CF16's I am coming from. Four previous rounds and a range session finally got me to the point where today, my 5th round with them, I finally started putting a good swing on these and getting the results I expected.

When struck solid the feel is powerful, the ball explodes off the face, flies high and long and has drop and stop performance. When struck off center, there has been very little loss of distance but the feedback is very distinct, very "harsh" feeling to me. I would definitely say that I am hitting one less club into the greens as advertised.

Until today I was definitely starting to feel "buyers remorse" and was either going to trade them back in, or put them away in the golf closet for the foreseeable future and go back to the CF16"s. The way they (I) performed today removed all those insecurities.

No, My order is just a standard order, nothing special other than extra length with the std lofts.

*Just called and was told they shipped on 2 August via the "Old school Pony Express" (UPS), estimated arrival is Christmas :deadhorse:

I was informed that mine are in the mail today as well. Tracking number says it will be in tomorrow, but I am skeptical. Either way should be here by this weekend.

TM M4 8.5 Atmos Red

TM Original One Mini 13.5 Diamana F

TM Sim TI 5 wood Diamana F

Sub 70 TAIII 4&5 KBS $-Taper Lite

Sub 70 649 6-P KBS $-Taper Lite

Sub 70 286 50,54 KBS $-Taper Lite

Edel D-Grind 58 KBS Tour Rev 2.0

LAB Directed Force 2.1 73* 

Hit them well from day one. Very consistent, forgiving, and long. My only buyer's remorse was the first range session but once I got on the course, I was set. Confidence to fire at pins from long range I've never had. Gapping is about 15yds PW -8 then about 10 from there on up. Not too shabby.

PING G430 LST 10* Tensei 1K Pro Orange 50S

PING G430 LST 3Wd 16.0* Fujikura XLR8 61

PING iCrossover Ventus Blue HB 7R

PING i525 4-PW Mitsubishi OTi 105 Stiff

Edel 47* TRP/54* DVR/58* DVR KBS CTaper Lite 110 Stiff

PING PLD DZB Proto

First round today. I got 5-PW with Recoil 110 F4, red dot, standard loft, length and Tour Velvet grips. I have been playing iE 1s same shafts and standard specs.

Love the feel. I use a Z Star ball, sound from irons is good not at all clicky. Maybe half a club longer than the i E 1. The PW of the i500 is way more versatile than the i E PW from inside 100 yards.

Finally, after 55 years of golfing, I had my first hole in one! So definitely I can recommend these irons.

Don

Do you have an order number?

I was told mine were supposed to ship on 8/3 (ordered Friday 7/20 at like 5pm est).

The ping sales rep for Florida texted me last night and said they shipped Monday. So looks like they are one business day begins on filling orders. Figure two new iron releases, one of which is the best looking iron that they have ever made, one day behind isn’t tooooo bad.

That said, mine are going to show up, while I’m out of town. Total bummer.

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Do you have an order number?

I was told mine were supposed to ship on 8/3 (ordered Friday 7/20 at like 5pm est).

The ping sales rep for Florida texted me last night and said they shipped Monday. So looks like they are one business day begins on filling orders. Figure two new iron releases, one of which is the best looking iron that they have ever made, one day behind isn’t tooooo bad.

That said, mine are going to show up, while I’m out of town. Total bummer.

I do not, but I was told they shipped Thursday, so I'm assuming they will be delivered today.

I received my i500 3, 4, and 5 irons yesterday and noticed something strange that I don't think as been mentioned in this thread yet... The sound varies from club to club. I'm not talking about center strike vs. off center strike. The 5 iron has a satisfying sound while the 4 is slightly louder and the 3 sounds like a driver. Has anyone else experienced this?

I received my i500 3, 4, and 5 irons yesterday and noticed something strange that I don't think as been mentioned in this thread yet... The sound varies from club to club. I'm not talking about center strike vs. off center strike. The 5 iron has a satisfying sound while the 4 is slightly louder and the 3 sounds like a driver. Has anyone else experienced this?

I wonder if this has anything to do with headweight / swingweight

Shorter clubs have heavier heads to keep the swingweight up. Might be a total coincidence but just wondering if the weights they are using get progressively heavier as the clubs get shorter and that helps deaden the hollow sound?

I have not noticed that, although I do not have a 3 iron, just 4 iron. I just got done at the range, hitting crappy range balls and my 4 iron felt/sounded just fine.

**Only disclaimer, I have graphite shafts and mid size grips.**

PXG Black Ops Swing Balance Yellow
Ping G430 LST 3w Ventus Red 8X

Ping G430 Max 7w Ventus Red 8X

PXG 0317T 4-P, SteelFiber PR

Ping i159 50*, 54*, 58*

L.A.B. DF2.1 Stability Tour

Has anyone ordered the Glide Forged with custom stamping/paint fill? I'm curious what the up charge is from the $200 base price.

I believe it's included.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

Moved to i500s from CF16s. 5-U set makeup.

Accuracy: when buttoned the same.

Forgiveness: i500 more forgiving for me.

Distance dispersion: I am not seeing fliers and seeing more consistent distance likely due the additional forgiveness.

Distance: I have the standard lofts and they are pretty close to the CF16s. Getting about 3-5 yards more from the i500s. I did move from graphite to steel.

Concern: swing-weight was pretty high with the 5 iron for some reason (D9). Club is back for swing weights adjustment.

Feel: I am having Cushin added to the shafts as they were pretty harsh with range balls, with the prov x balls they were much better but still a bit harsh for me. Mishits definitely are easy to tell vs center hits but the distance is surprisingly good when missed.

Sound: clicky at first but soon adjusted. I’m more concerned about feel in my hands.

I moved to these to be more consistent and the more I use these the better I feel they are working for me. Looking forward to getting them back from Ping after the changes.

PING
G425 LST 10.5* Alta CB Slate 55S

G430 Max 3W Alta CB Slate 65S

G410 2H, 3H Alta CB Red 70S

Glide 2.0 ES 54,60 AWT wedge S (blackout)

Vault Anser 2 Slate

Callaway 

Apex Pro Combo ‘19 5-A Steelfiber i95S

Titleist

ProV1 (2021) Yellow / White

Got mine today, 4 iron with steelfiber i95. Standard loft. I got it to replace the P790 UDI which was super fun, and if I could afford it would have kept and rotated in and out of the bag. The 4 iron loft is just a more useful and versatile spot in my bag for something like this. Comparing the two, they are both really good looking. The UDI is a bit longer blade length and shallower face height. The i500 is a bit shorter blade length and taller face height. I prefer the i500 looks, but the P790 is great. They feel about the same to me. The performance is very similar if you take out differences in loft and length. I was thinking about a true UDI replacement and ordering the i500 3 iron in power spec. I think that would be a seriously awesome driving iron. The one thing PING has in their favor is that if you order custom, you know you are going to get the specs you ask for. Taylormade custom? yeah, not so much....

Kind of what I thought. I went standard loft on the 3 iron. Primarily will use for tee but thought it would be slightly more forgiving off the turf if needed into par 5s compared to the power spec.

Ping G30 9* Tour 80X
Ping G Stretch Tour 80X
Ping i500 3 DG 120 X100
Ping i210 4-U DG 120 X100
Glide 2.0 Stealth 54* SS DG S400
Glide 2.0 Stealth 58* ES DG S400
Ping Anser TR 1966 / Odyssey White Hot #2

I wonder if this has anything to do with headweight / swingweight

Shorter clubs have heavier heads to keep the swingweight up. Might be a total coincidence but just wondering if the weights they are using get progressively heavier as the clubs get shorter and that helps deaden the hollow sound?

Some of the sound changes might be inevitable in a hollow head. Basically, to keep the same swing weight, each successive head has to be 7 grams lighter. The thinner the outer walls, the more "drum-like" the head becomes in that the face moves, and air gets disturbed on impact. Of course, sound is just disturbed air.

On the reverse, the heavier heads with a slightly thicker, less moving face in short irons will be more acoustically dampening. This all remains to be seen in the "real world", but the other part of the equation is the outer layer of the ball. Surlyn is harder, urethane is softer, and that also matters.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

I'm still waiting for some daring soul to fill the hollow body and report back. I'd bag these on looks alone even though the i210 is probably better suited to me.

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

anybody go with recoils or steelfibers? Feel and ball flight?

Yes, Recoils and the feel is AMAZING! Flight is subjective from person to person but I don’t think they are too high at all.

PXG Black Ops Swing Balance Yellow
Ping G430 LST 3w Ventus Red 8X

Ping G430 Max 7w Ventus Red 8X

PXG 0317T 4-P, SteelFiber PR

Ping i159 50*, 54*, 58*

L.A.B. DF2.1 Stability Tour

I'm still waiting for some daring soul to fill the hollow body and report back. I'd bag these on looks alone even though the i210 is probably better suited to me.

I believe they come filled with a goo

They do not.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.