WRX selling practices? I said I'll buy for asking then turns around and sells to another after...

Barfolomew

On a side note it pisses me off when people open a "Want to Buy " post and I respond with the exact item they want and they don;t have the decency to even reply... Happens often.

No reason to take it personally, I always state "if interested lmk".....if they aren't interested, then no reason to reply, in fact I don't want one if they aren't interested, that might mean the item or the price or they've already worked out another deal...seems like a waste of time replying. That being said I always do the courteous thing and reply, but I never expect a reply if someone is not interested in what I have or my offer.....just another way of looking at things.

Yep.... That's why I will probably stop taking the time to respond to everyone that posts in WTB .... A few Ignorant people kill the chances of others getting a deal. My view of my time usage.

Speaking of time usage....I was selling my Skytrak and projector a while back and a member sent numerous requests for pics, information etc. I accommodated all requests and even accepted his lowball offer. After two days of constant back and forth he sends a BS email stating he can't justify expense. He was playing a game and probably never had the money. I was angry as hell for my time he wasted. I almost posted his username so everyone would know not to deal with him. Wasting someone's time for something to do or so you can tell people you are buying something you can't afford is pathetic.

You can PM it to me so I can block him

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a side note it pisses me off when people open a "Want to Buy " post and I respond with the exact item they want and they don;t have the decency to even reply... Happens often.

No reason to take it personally, I always state "if interested lmk".....if they aren't interested, then no reason to reply, in fact I don't want one if they aren't interested, that might mean the item or the price or they've already worked out another deal...seems like a waste of time replying. That being said I always do the courteous thing and reply, but I never expect a reply if someone is not interested in what I have or my offer.....just another way of looking at things.

Yep.... That's why I will probably stop taking the time to respond to everyone that posts in WTB .... A few Ignorant people kill the chances of others getting a deal. My view of my time usage.

Speaking of time usage....I was selling my Skytrak and projector a while back and a member sent numerous requests for pics, information etc. I accommodated all requests and even accepted his lowball offer. After two days of constant back and forth he sends a BS email stating he can't justify expense. He was playing a game and probably never had the money. I was angry as hell for my time he wasted. I almost posted his username so everyone would know not to deal with him. Wasting someone's time for something to do or so you can tell people you are buying something you can't afford is pathetic.

You can PM it to me so I can block him

This happens a lot. I find the more questions and pictures someone asks for usually ends up with someone disappearing or saying no thanks. It’s weird. I’ve gone out of my way numerous times to weigh things, take pics, research items, etc... and nothing. Lol. Chalk it up as a cost of doing business. I won’t lie: it’s annoying. I just add them to my block list so I don’t need to deal with them in the future.

Some flavor of the month driver.
Some driving iron for Links courses.

A hybrid to save my bad shots.
Titleist blades when I feel lucky otherwise something more forgiving.
A Vokey wedge or 2.
I hate every one of my 17 putters.

One guy who apparently didn't understand the first to pay concept decided to come at me with a racist tirade, even after I sent him a prompt refund. Also threatened to go the mods as if somehow he had a valid complaint to go along with the racist tirade.

Its a little crazy how worked up people get over these transactions. As one guy said in a prior post, we aren't trying to pay the bills with these transactions. If a deal goes south, either as a buy or seller, its nothing but a slight annoyance. There will be another Tour Spider posted within like 4 hours.

One guy who apparently didn't understand the first to pay concept decided to come at me with a racist tirade, even after I sent him a prompt refund. Also threatened to go the mods as if somehow he had a valid complaint to go along with the racist tirade.

Its a little crazy how worked up people get over these transactions. As one guy said in a prior post, we aren't trying to pay the bills with these transactions. If a deal goes south, either as a buy or seller, its nothing but a slight annoyance. There will be another Tour Spider posted within like 4 hours.

Send the mods the conversation. We don’t need people who act like that here.

Some flavor of the month driver.
Some driving iron for Links courses.

A hybrid to save my bad shots.
Titleist blades when I feel lucky otherwise something more forgiving.
A Vokey wedge or 2.
I hate every one of my 17 putters.

Send the mods the conversation. We don’t need people who act like that here.

Agreed. Some people don't seem to understand the Golden Rule and think they can act "tough" on the internet.

Driver: Titleist TSR2

Fairways: TaylorMade M1 (2017) Aldila Black; Cobra Baffler F6

Irons: Cobra KING Forged Tec Irons Steelfiber i110cw

Wedges: Ping Glide 2.0 54*; Callaway JAWS Full Toe 58*

Putter: Evnroll ER2 

Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV

There are no rules here. It's ironic, since this game is supposed to be about honor and integrity. You'd think that telling someone that they have a deal would result in payment. Unfortunately, people back out all the time.

It happens so often now, it really has to go to first to PayPal unless it is clarified that the item will be held for you.

It's too bad because this has only started to be a big problem as of the last few years. 8-10yrs ago it was a much more respectful community.

The first to pay rule works great if both parties respond to PM's right away. I have PM'ed someone that I would take an item and then I don't get a PM for over an hour with their PP address. Now I am in the middle of something and can't check my phone. By the time I get back to my phone the seller has sold it to someone else. If the seller would have responded within minutes then I would have paid right then. It is just frustrating as a buyer to have this happen when you finally found exactly what you are looking for!

I guess if you are going to do "first to pay" then you need to have the PP address listed in the Ad. If you don't list it, then you need to give guys a few hours to pay after you send the PP address.

TE C722 9* House of Forged custom shaft XX
TE C722 15* Tensei AV-RAW White 7x

TE C722 18* Tensei AV-RAW White 8x

Ping I525 4-GW Project X IO stiff
Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)
Maxfli Tour X or Vice Pro

The first to pay rule works great if both parties respond to PM's right away. I have PM'ed someone that I would take an item and then I don't get a PM for over an hour with their PP address. Now I am in the middle of something and can't check my phone. By the time I get back to my phone the seller has sold it to someone else. If the seller would have responded within minutes then I would have paid right then. It is just frustrating as a buyer to have this happen when you finally found exactly what you are looking for!

I guess if you are going to do "first to pay" then you need to have the PP address listed in the Ad. If you don't list it, then you need to give guys a few hours to pay after you send the PP address.

Agree with this. I often make an inquiry and don’t hear back from the seller for an extended time. Just recently bought a driver head and didn’t hear from the seller til the next day. And when he did reply, I was out playing.

Tough question with no 100% correct answer. I guess each person just has to do what they feel is best for themselves.

Same here. The more pics and PM questions, the less likely they are to buy.

I disagree with this thought.. often we get to read several threads about how buyers were not aware of an items detailed condition as the photo's used to list things in the BST are not always the best quality and detailed, so if that's the case I will ask for better photo's... If I'm going to purchase a item that costs me a substantial amount of money, and the seller can't get me better photo's if warranted, then I don't need the item..

Well its weak sauce for a busy modern man that actually has a job you know! It worked just fine on SBF the biggest sofball site. When you say I'll take for asking its yours! Specially if you got good feedback and those deals rarely fell thru cause that was the culture there...at least the board brother gets that same day to pay!

....the culture isn't set up right on WRX if saying I'll take it means jack squat

Can't figure how to like my own posts

Well its weak sauce for a busy modern man that actually has a job you know! It worked just fine on SBF the biggest sofball site. When you say I'll take for asking its yours! Specially if you got good feedback and those deals rarely fell thru cause that was the culture there...at least the board brother gets that same day to pay!

....the culture isn't set up right on WRX if saying I'll take it means jack squat

It means jack squat when there is a chance that you miss out on selling an item because someone flaked out. I would imagine that buying and selling golf equipment is probably a lot more popular than softball gear. Heck, I came to this site because I found the classified section via a Google search. With the popularity of the site as well as its exposure to outside of the community, it can attract a lot of people that are not exactly interested in being part of the community. With that being said, they won't think twice about just disappearing if they change their mind in a BST transaction.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

Same here. The more pics and PM questions, the less likely they are to buy.

I disagree with this thought.. often we get to read several threads about how buyers were not aware of an items detailed condition as the photo's used to list things in the BST are not always the best quality and detailed, so if that's the case I will ask for better photo's... If I'm going to purchase a item that costs me a substantial amount of money, and the seller can't get me better photo's if warranted, then I don't need the item..

Yes, that’s sometimes the case also. It’s better to provide detailed pictures so the buyer knows what they are getting than to have to deal with disputes later on.

For me, I know just recently I sent additional pics of the exact item the buyer was looking from the wtb section. then he proceeds to lowball me for that item. I just said thanks for your time and deleted the conversation.

Taylormade M2 10.5* // Tensei Pro Orange 6S
Taylormade M3 15* // Tensei Pro Orange 7s
Taylormade M3 Rescue // Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85HY
Srixon z565 4-PW // Nippon Modus Tour 120
Titleist Vokey SM 52*
Titleist Vokey SM 58*
Scotty Cameron 350g Milspec

This is why i list on all of my ads "FIRST TO PAY GETS THE ITEM". Since adding that i haven't had any issues.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Sorry,

I find the concept of refunding payment after you took money in good faith to be distasteful. Someone pays, they expect to get a product. Now, they are at your mercy to initiate a refund, and the longer that you wait, the more upset your customer is going to be.

I'd rather have the conversation and control who can pay by giving my Paypal after starting the dialogue. That way, you can't pay unless you have been given the PP address.

TC Callaway Epic Sub Zero / Fujikura Ventus Black 7 X

TA Callaway Rogue ST Triple Diamond-T 14° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10 X 

Callaway UW 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10 X

Titleist TSi3 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10 TX

Callaway X Forged UT '21 25°/ Nippon Modus 125-X HS1x 

Srixon Z785 6-PW / Nippon Modus 125-X HS1x

50F Vokey SM8 Jet Black / Nippon Super Peening Blue X

54K Vokey Tour Design Raw / Nippon Super Peening Blue X

58K Vokey SM8 Jet Black / BGT ZNE 130

Piretti Potenza Cu plated 360g / BGT Stability Shaft