MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

eagle1997

> @aiyyer said:

> > @dcmidnight said:

> > > @aiyyer said:

> > > Has anybody played Kohler/ Whistling Straits on this forum?

> >

> > I think at least a few of us have. I have, Chief has. ~~PQ~~ maybe.

> Just curious about how “carry walkable” these courses are?

> We have two planned charity event rounds at the Straits course and Blackwolf Run and have time for a third. Planned on playing the Irish course to complete the experience.

I do not think the River is walkable - lots of severe elevation changes and long green to tee transfers. I took a cart and was glad we did.

Irish is less carryable than the Straits but IMO they are both great caddie courses. We had fantastic caddies there and there are a handful of holes IMO you will want a few line hints on. You could certainly do it by yourself but its a great place to be able to relax and not worry about it. Actually now that I think about it, I am not sure I would carry on the Irish.

Great morning again with the Saturday morning group. Went to see a late showing of Avengers last night in Imax 3d so was not planning to get up early to play. But as we're waiting for the previews to start my wife says shes playing in the womens Saturday morning game - so wtf, I wasnt going to sit at home. Turns out she won $21 today, big winner in the house.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

.> @dcmidnight said:

> > @aiyyer said:

> > > @dcmidnight said:

> > > > @aiyyer said:

> > > > Has anybody played Kohler/ Whistling Straits on this forum?

> > >

> > > I think at least a few of us have. I have, Chief has. ~~PQ~~ maybe.

> > Just curious about how “carry walkable” these courses are?

> > We have two planned charity event rounds at the Straits course and Blackwolf Run and have time for a third. Planned on playing the Irish course to complete the experience.

>

> I do not think the River is walkable - lots of severe elevation changes and long green to tee transfers. I took a cart and was glad we did.

>

> Irish is less carryable than the Straits but IMO they are both great caddie courses. We had fantastic caddies there and there are a handful of holes IMO you will want a few line hints on. You could certainly do it by yourself but its a great place to be able to relax and not worry about it. Actually now that I think about it, I am not sure I would carry on the Irish.

>

> Great morning again with the Saturday morning group. Went to see a late showing of Avengers last night in Imax 3d so was not planning to get up early to play. But as we're waiting for the previews to start my wife says shes playing in the womens Saturday morning game - so wtf, I wasnt going to sit at home. Turns out she won $21 today, big winner in the house.

I agree, Didn't/wouldn't want to walk BWR River. Both WS are courses are very walkable. We had caddies at WS too and they were great.

TSR2 10* w/Atmos TS 60X

Sim2 Max 18*

Sim2 Max 4h

T-200 3i
Apex/Apex Pro Smoke '19 blend 5i-PW
SM8 50*
SM8 58*
Meridian Tybee

got mine.

vo5677k9gtq0.png

Also, we need 20 more caddies for an event next monday at hivemore. **correction: forecaddies.** Guys won't be carrying bags or anything... just helping the group move along, find tee shots, give yardages, read putts, etc. Riding on the back of a cart, so barely walking either. Apparently there is a caddie shortage with other events going on the same day, so we're upping our fee to $150 cash to the caddie plus a free future round (no restriction).

email or PM me if you know anyone who would be interested. i'm most likely going to do it myself, $150 gets me a real nice bottle of scotch.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

> @eagle1997 said:

> got mine.

>

> vo5677k9gtq0.png

>

>

> Also, we need 20 more caddies for an event next monday at hivemore. **correction: forecaddies.** Guys won't be carrying bags or anything... just helping the group move along, find tee shots, give yardages, read putts, etc. Riding on the back of a cart, so barely walking either. Apparently there is a caddie shortage with other events going on the same day, so we're upping our fee to $150 cash to the caddie plus a free future round (no restriction).

>

> email or PM me if you know anyone who would be interested. i'm most likely going to do it myself, $150 gets me a real nice bottle of scotch.

What time does it start?

> @t4t3r said:

> What time does it start?

arrive by 9:45, check in at pro shop, done by 3:30. tip is supposed to be included in the $150, but groups have been know to tip extra for excellent service.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

> @baddomes said:

> What's the group for the event, eagle1997?

I thought it was for the MSGA qual, but it is not.

I just checked the entrants for MSGA qual.

Chick Hernadez is playing in it. As well as Bethesda Rick. Lol. One of our TV guys. Some McCarthy's.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Played golf with xhoop on Saturday. Took 8 clubs to EPP and was hitting it well. Had some strong mental swing analysis sessions earlier in the week, and concluded that if I stand closer to the ball, I will be an amazing golfer. For the most part that worked out well. I was -1 through 13 (3 putt par on 12 give me a gd break), but couldn't really hold it together after that. Started pulling the ball a little bit and lost the swing on the last 5 holes.

Hit 3 really good drivers off the deck, but I thought I smoked my tee ball on 18 and it only went 235. Checked when I got home, and my driver head needed to be tightened. I've had to do that with the hybrid and 3w as well. All Cobra. Hoping that doesn't continue to be a problem with these clubs, because I really like all of them.

xhoop scraped it around. Hit some good ones and not good ones, but I don't remember any drivers being out of play, which is something he is known to do from time to time.

• Like 1

My wife had emailed me to say she was playing in a work event today at a club "in Bowie".

I figured there was probably only one place that could be...

> @baddomes said:

> What's the group for the event, eagle1997?

something something health insurance co. maybe? i didn't get all the details of who i'd be caddying for. ~~will definitely be requesting dcmidnight's wife's group.~~

event is next monday, not today. gonna miss out on mrs.DC. oh well.

• Like 1

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

This was my 2 day stroke play weekend. . .

![](https://i.imgflip.com/30a66w.jpg "")

• Like 1

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @eagle1997 said:

> > @baddomes said:

> > What's the group for the event, eagle1997?

>

> something something health insurance co. maybe? i didn't get all the details of who i'd be caddying for. ~~will definitely be requesting dcmidnight's wife's group.~~

>

> event is next monday, not today. gonna miss out on mrs.DC. oh well.

There is an event at the club today - 27th Annual GW University Links Tournament. At least that's what the facebooks told me. Hope the carts make it, lol.

> @ceejay81 said:

> > @eagle1997 said:

> > > @baddomes said:

> > > What's the group for the event, eagle1997?

> >

> > something something health insurance co. maybe? i didn't get all the details of who i'd be caddying for. ~~will definitely be requesting dcmidnight's wife's group.~~

> >

> > event is next monday, not today. gonna miss out on mrs.DC. oh well.

>

> lol There is an event at the club today - 27th Annual GW University Links Tournament. At least that's what the facebooks told me. Hope the carts make it, lol.

yeah, i just meant the caddie request was for next monday, not today.

• Like 1

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Old trusty got delivered to Continental today. The Piretti PVD finish is a great look, but 7 years later it was looking a little worse for the wear.

• Like 1

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

A few of us were chatting about the Taylormade driver promotion on Saturday and we came to the conclusion that if you bought a Taylormade driver and didn't it hit and kept the wrap on the driver head, we think it's possible to return it to Dicks or Golf Galaxy. Since the promotion calls for you to send information to Taylormade and have them give you a refund, wouldn't it make sense to do it the former. Buy from Dicks or GG and just don't touch the club. If Rory loses, you take it back and if he wins, you get the refund from Taylormade.

Mrs DC scooped the womens long drive and closest to the pin pots today. Came home with a 4some gift certificate to Woodmore and two dozen Bridgestones.

Eagle must have been in charge of that prize closet...

• Like 1

> @FAbb said:

> Chick golfs his ball quite a lot, apparently!

>

> I've played about half a season worth of rounds since March 15. That must mean some kind ailment is going to strike, and clobber my post-kids record setting pace.

How was hobbits? Good shape? It was a beautiful day.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Hobbits looks like it's in good shape, based on what you can see from the practice green. I do really want to get out there soon.

We ended up out at Waverly around 1:30 yesterday. The rough is filling in pretty well in a lot of places. I don't think they'd mowed any part of the course since Friday, at best. MAYBE the greens had a mow Saturday morning. If it was mowed, the fairways and greens would be a solid A. The greens are starting to improve from last year's devastation, but even if they were cut, they wouldn't have been up to Waverly standards.

> @cydiego36 said:

> Hello I am new to the community, just moved to the Bethesda area from South Florida and looking for a weekly game. Currently 6.8 handicap. Played in a Friday morning game in South Florida with a group of about 20 guys--wondering if anything like that exists around here. Thanks.

Montgomery County is kind of the geographic center of the golfing contingent in here. There's a lot of folks that play together regularly in this thread. Some on their own, some at their country clubs, and mostly via an internet based club called the Hive. I'll let the more detailed posters take it from here.

> @HighBoomingDraws said:

> > @cydiego36 said:

> > Hello I am new to the community, just moved to the Bethesda area from South Florida and looking for a weekly game. Currently 6.8 handicap. Played in a Friday morning game in South Florida with a group of about 20 guys--wondering if anything like that exists around here. Thanks.

>

> Montgomery County is kind of the geographic center of the golfing contingent in here. There's a lot of folks that play together regularly in this thread. Some on their own, some at their country clubs, and mostly via an internet based club called the Hive. I'll let the more detailed posters take it from here.

Thanks for the info. How can I join?

> @cydiego36 said:

> > @HighBoomingDraws said:

> > > @cydiego36 said:

> > > Hello I am new to the community, just moved to the Bethesda area from South Florida and looking for a weekly game. Currently 6.8 handicap. Played in a Friday morning game in South Florida with a group of about 20 guys--wondering if anything like that exists around here. Thanks.

> >

> > Montgomery County is kind of the geographic center of the golfing contingent in here. There's a lot of folks that play together regularly in this thread. Some on their own, some at their country clubs, and mostly via an internet based club called the Hive. I'll let the more detailed posters take it from here.

>

> Thanks for the info. How can I join?

Stick around here. I'm not sure who has regular games going right now (a few of us (including me) are at clubs these days.). This place is less active these days than it used to be.

The next 2 open Hive events are Summer Solstice at Woodmore June 19th? (during a weekday) and a red tee event at University Of Maryland July 19th (Friday).

You're allowed to play in 2 Hive events before needing to join. Membership has to be approved (worry about that later).

https://sites.google.com/view/thehivegolfclub

• Like 1

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @cydiego36 said:

> Hello I am new to the community, just moved to the Bethesda area from South Florida and looking for a weekly game. Currently 6.8 handicap. Played in a Friday morning game in South Florida with a group of about 20 guys--wondering if anything like that exists around here. Thanks.

As far as weekly, regular games, my guess is that those are going to be at clubs for the most part. But if you hang around here enough you will find guys playing all the time. What courses do you live/work closest to?

> @dcmidnight said:

> > @cydiego36 said:

> > Hello I am new to the community, just moved to the Bethesda area from South Florida and looking for a weekly game. Currently 6.8 handicap. Played in a Friday morning game in South Florida with a group of about 20 guys--wondering if anything like that exists around here. Thanks.

>

> As far as weekly, regular games, my guess is that those are going to be at clubs for the most part. But if you hang around here enough you will find guys playing all the time. What courses do you live/work closest to?

Thanks for the info. I have looked into joining a club but am waiting until I get a feel for the area to decide on the right fit. Have been playing all of the Montgomery County courses, PB Dye, Worthington, BM, etc. and enjoy all of them. Great golf around here, much more interesting than flat Florida courses. I am probably closest to Falls Road but the courses along 270 are also fairly convenient.